Game Thread We Be Goblins! - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > We Be Goblins!
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 08:42 PM
BloodyDove's Avatar
BloodyDove BloodyDove is offline
SPAAAAAAACE!!!!!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 11th, 2012
RPXP: 214
BloodyDove BloodyDove BloodyDove
Posts: 260
Knicky lets loose one of her "nails on a chalkboard" titters. "Heehee, or Knicky jus cuts her throat at. And ain'ts no trapz of hers I's can't handles... I thinks. Hmm..." As she examined it as well, she tried to remember what she'd heard about Vorka and useful to their present predicament, but the signs that a horse was nearby were distracting her heavily, partly because of the goblin fear of horse and partly because she was already imagining the sight of blood pouring from its throat after she'd cut it with Gorge of Gluttons and their feasting on its flesh afterwards. With a sigh, she brought herself back to the present.

"Bog it. I goes first, disarmz them traps she set. You can follows if you likes, or waits for me to clears da path." Rubbing a little sand into her already quite grubby hands to aid her grip, then reaches to the fence to pull herself up.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Jan 27th, 2012, 10:04 PM
Avelestar's Avatar
Avelestar Avelestar is offline
Jelly anyone?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2013
RPXP: 1375
Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar
Posts: 1,763
Knicky can't remember anything about Vorka other than that she likes to eat goblins, and used to be the tribe witch. Her curses are as powerful as her bites! The young goblin gets halfway up the fence before she is thrown backwards by a sudden blow. Dust and splinters of wood follow Knicky to the ground, and a loud "NEIGH!" is heard. Standing at a now rather battered piece of fence is a mangy old horse, scrawny but still twice the height of your average goblin. The horse tosses his head and paws at the ground, steam rising as he snorts as Knicky. The fence has held, for now...but it's just short enough that an enraged horse might be able to jump it with a run up.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Jan 28th, 2012, 06:58 PM
GrimDarkOtter's Avatar
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 15th, 2020
RPXP: 4590
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Posts: 3,389
Cooky grabs at his bow, flaring his nostrils at the stench of the beast. "Knicky! Get away! Don't let it touch you!"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Jan 29th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Avelestar's Avatar
Avelestar Avelestar is offline
Jelly anyone?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2013
RPXP: 1375
Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar
Posts: 1,763
The horse snorts loudly and begins to back up, eyes never leaving Knicky. Rather than a steady clop the marshy ground makes sucking sounds with each step, 'sluuuuuupop sluuuuuupop sluuuuuupop'. Backing up until his rear touches the hull of the ship, the horse tosses his head and brays loudly whilst pawing at the ground, still staring intently at Knicky.

OOC:Just assume it is only the two of you. What are you going to do? You have to get in that ship, and the horse is going to be in the way.

Last edited by Avelestar; Jan 29th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Jan 30th, 2012, 07:33 PM
GrimDarkOtter's Avatar
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 15th, 2020
RPXP: 4590
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Posts: 3,389
Cooky decides that the best thing to do is to just do what feels right and slay the foul beast. Taking up his bow, the chef nocks an arrow and draws, carefully sights on the horse's face....and lets go with the wrong hand. The bowshaft flies back and smacks him in the face, drawing a string of incoherent curses raging at the world. "COMON', firs' the dragnbrgl piggie now got stupid curse bow skshka fegh!"
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 01:41 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2023
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
With the swearing of the supposedly cursed goblin beside her, Squicky finally drew from her pack what she had been hoping to use since the appearance of the spider; her stabby, slicey weapon. Though her Dog Slicer would've been useful, Squicky took out instead the Snake Cutta, and made use of her time to attach it to her arm. Even as she heard the horse backing away and preparing for a charge, hooves making sickly squishing noises in their passage, she dedicated most of her thought to attaching the numerous leather straps to each other and to her arm as a whole. The time available to her wasn't enough to attach the weapon, but even still her cheer was heard, "Kills it, before it kills us!"

ActionsMove Action: Retrieve Stored Item (Snake Cutta)
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Feb 1st, 2012, 09:25 PM
BloodyDove's Avatar
BloodyDove BloodyDove is offline
SPAAAAAAACE!!!!!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 11th, 2012
RPXP: 214
BloodyDove BloodyDove BloodyDove
Posts: 260
Knicky is too busy staring down the horse to notice or care about her compatriot's foulup. The earlier battle in her mind between her fear and her bloodthirsty nature had been magnified tenfold now that she was up close and personal with the hated four legged beast. One hand slowly reached down for the blade handle, and with a sudden motion drew Gorge of Gluttons. Even as she brought the chief's blade up to a guard position, she made an evil-looking face at her nemesis across the fence. "Ya, come ons ya bigs stupidz horse! I choppa ya REEL gut!"

ActionsMove Action: Draw Gorge of Gluttons
Standard Action: Readied melee attack against the horse as soon as it enters range (if it does).
__________________
"Alright, this next test may involve trace amounts of time travel. So, word of advice: If you meet yourself on the testing track, don't make eye contact. Lab boys tell me that'll wipe out time. Entirely. Forward and backward."
~Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Last edited by BloodyDove; Feb 1st, 2012 at 09:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Feb 2nd, 2012, 10:16 PM
Avelestar's Avatar
Avelestar Avelestar is offline
Jelly anyone?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2013
RPXP: 1375
Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar
Posts: 1,763
Cooky's failed shot causes the mangy horse to charge, clearing the fence easily. The feel of Gorge of Gluttons emboldens Knicky, standing her ground as a few hundred pounds of horse charges across the swampy ground. The foul beast rears up, kicking with his hooves madly, spittle flying from his foaming mouth. Without fear the little goblin ducks under the first few kicks and scores a large slash across the horses' belly. Hot blood splatters onto the ground, mixing in with the murky pools of water. The horse screams madly, thrashing his hooves even harder. For her bravery Knicky takes a kick to the shoulder, leaving a hoof shaped bruise and a numb arm (4 damage).

Though bleeding heavily the horse keeps up the fight, kicking at Knicky but missing.

 



OOC:Round 1 is over. Knicky takes 4 points of the damage. No map today, but Knicky is in melee combat with the horse, who looks almost dead. Cooky and Squicky are within 30ft.

Horse's actions for Round 2 are done, it is Knicky up first.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 12:20 AM
BloodyDove's Avatar
BloodyDove BloodyDove is offline
SPAAAAAAACE!!!!!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 11th, 2012
RPXP: 214
BloodyDove BloodyDove BloodyDove
Posts: 260
Knicky seems... just a BIT perturbed by the horse-kick. "YARGH! Stoopid blasted rotten moldy ol' horze! I kills you, and I wears your gutz for my BELTS!" Her bugged out eyes, snorting nostrils, and spittle flying from her mouth would seem comical if not for the bloody murder in her eyes and the cleaver in her hand. With a scream of incoherent rage, she raises Gorge of Gluttons over head, then brutally slices at the horse's belly, starting somewhere near the heart and ending up halfway to its rear end.

ActionsOuch, I rolled max for ALL my damage rolls. Damn, guess that'll teach that horse not to kick Knicky. And the sneak attack damage was only rolled on the chance someone else was close enough to allow me to flank.

Move Action: Five-foot step from under the horse to the side of it to a position that allows me to flank (if any).

Standard Action: Attack
__________________
"Alright, this next test may involve trace amounts of time travel. So, word of advice: If you meet yourself on the testing track, don't make eye contact. Lab boys tell me that'll wipe out time. Entirely. Forward and backward."
~Cave Johnson, Portal 2
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 12:30 AM
Avelestar's Avatar
Avelestar Avelestar is offline
Jelly anyone?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2013
RPXP: 1375
Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar
Posts: 1,763
Knicky literally carves pieces of the horse off as she chops, Gorge of Gluttons really hates horses. All that's left is large chunks of horse, steaming entrails lieing on the mucky swamp floor. Puffing heavily Knicky grins proudly, she took down a horse all alone. Cooky was too butterfingers to hit the horse, Squicky was too slow and the others just stood their slackjawed. All hail Knicky, Horse Hacker!

OOC:Ahh level one fights, either done in 2 rounds or 20 rounds of missing!

So you're all still outside the fence, looking at the ship and wondering what other dangers it holds.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Feb 5th, 2012, 09:52 AM
GrimDarkOtter's Avatar
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 15th, 2020
RPXP: 4590
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Posts: 3,389
Determined to prove his bravery and skills, Cooky puts away his obviously cursed bow and takes out his cleaver. "Comeon!" he growls, stomping forward through the muck to the fence. Grasping his blade in his sharp teeth, he grabs hold of the fence and starts to climb.

OOCYet another single-digit skill roll for me. Hopefully a 10 is enough out of combat, but who knows.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 06:44 AM
Avelestar's Avatar
Avelestar Avelestar is offline
Jelly anyone?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2013
RPXP: 1375
Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar
Posts: 1,763
Cooky scales the fence with only two splinters in his hands, and lands in the mucky ground with a soft plop. No more horses come charging, no magic or arrows come your way, not even a toad is playing in the muck. The shipwreck is just thirty feet away and is deathly quiet, other than the rattle of bones in the wind.

OOC:DC10 to climb it in one round, no DC if you take your time.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Feb 6th, 2012, 10:45 PM
GrimDarkOtter's Avatar
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 15th, 2020
RPXP: 4590
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Posts: 3,389
Cooky holds up a hand to shush his compatriots and waves them over the fence. Doing his best to choose the firmest, least squishy ground, Cooky pads forward to the ship, finding a likely entrance to peek inside. Keeping a careful grip of his cleaver, the goblin peers inside and hopes not to get his head hexed off.

OOCStealth roll: I GOT A TWENTY-SEVEN!
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 05:54 AM
Avelestar's Avatar
Avelestar Avelestar is offline
Jelly anyone?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 3rd, 2013
RPXP: 1375
Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar Avelestar
Posts: 1,763
Cooky pads around the entire ship, making nary a squelch as he surveys the area. It is only a few short minutes until he returns, a small grin on his face. There are no more horses, and no dogs anywhere on the ground. Though there is a few cracks in the ship, planks missing here and there, they are all too small for a goblin to fit into. The only way onto the ship is bashing in a hole, probably waking up Vorka, or scaling the sides. There are two places to do this that look easiest. A ruined section on the port side has many hand and foot holds to clamber up, or a rope ladder hung over the starboard edge. The rope ladder is obviously goblin made, small animals are sewn into it, and what appear to be goblin ears and finger bones. This is definitely Vorka's domain.

OOC:Yay finally a good roll for GDO! You have checked out the entire area inside the fence on the ground level, but have no information about what is on the ship. The party is on the starboard side, and whatever option you take will lead you to the main deck, not the raised sections at stern (back) and prow (front).
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Feb 8th, 2012, 09:41 AM
GrimDarkOtter's Avatar
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 15th, 2020
RPXP: 4590
GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter GrimDarkOtter
Posts: 3,389
Not trusting his climbing skills, Cooky goes to the others and whispers "We take ladder, far side, very easy." Cooky holds his cleaver and rubs a bit of muck of the blade in front of everyone, giving them a very pointed look. "Very easy climb indeeeed."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB