RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > World of Darkness > Portage: Rising from Ashes > Game Play
twitter google facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 01-21-2019, 11:58 PM
Yuul's Avatar
Yuul Yuul is offline
Master of Undeath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 9637
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Posts: 8,390
Alec Thorne
right-aligned image
As the group made their way to both evade any princely entanglements as well as to arrive early to their destination, Alec did not miss the almost unnoticeable glance the Waif sent to the stammering kindred she had arrived with when it came time to board the vehicles. It was brief, but left him with the feeling that he was perhaps taking someone's spot. Oh well, perhaps it might help the poor fellow grow some initiative. If there were not more pressing matters the warlock might have snorted at the thought. Something about the embrace and the long unlife that followed it often seemed to prevent any sort of true change from coming about upon one's nature. Often, but not always. His most recent example would apparently be himself. But he had spent enough time in his head trying to sort that mess out. If he somehow made it through the next month maybe then he could spend a few years thinking on the topic. Now however there were more pressing matters. Such as...

"A rather tempting thought. Maybe I will even take you up on it some night soon." Hidden threat or not, as he was now, Alec currently lacked the fear of final death to put the apparent proper dread into him no matter the tone of voice of the kindred seated next to him. True, he healed slower than perhaps any other member of the Camarilla in Portage, but unless there was truly an excessive amount of fire involved even a high speed motorcycle wreck was hardly going to kill him. Hurt like all hell, yes, kill him, not really. Besides he thought it unlikely the Waif would try to kill him for anything he had done thus far. Perhaps he had been more unintentionally rude than he had previously assumed when calling the front passenger seat? It had intended to be a form of friendly camaraderie as he had witnessed amongst the kine many times over. Then again, attempting to apply mortal examples to the social workings of the kindred wasn't the best of ideas. Except perhaps for the Anarchs, but that was a rather rowdy bunch already.




For the rest of the mostly silent drive, Alec focused his attentions on using the largely unrestricted view from the front seat to memorize the route they were taking. Not that it was something requiring his active focus, but he let it distract him from his other worries. Not so much as about his possible demise, but of likely setbacks that they were going to run into. Namely the Tzimisce. His own clan and that one had been enemies almost since the founding of his own. For valid reason of course, but desperation or not Alec felt it cause for worry. Though he was almost more worried about the strange anticipation he felt about the meeting as opposed to the meeting itself.

Still it was not long until he found himself memorizing docks and boats, or 'plutocrat tax dodges' as Leesa put it. Most of the private berths were empty, and the one they were to meet this contact on was no exception. Naturally, just to keep things in suspense it would have to be the darkest and shadiest of the lot. Before they could get on their merry way down though, the phone call of the unknown number had to be made. As was to be determined by the second fairest means of divining not it, the short straw draw. The first on that list was of course rock paper scissors, as he had learned half the country away ten years prior. That thought was in all honesty just a smidge biased, as Alec thought himself rather good at that particular game. It did not matter, as the unlucky lot fell on probably the worst person to draw it, Thomas. Alec noticeably winced at the luck of the straws being displayed.

The conversation that followed, of which he caught little of the conversation on the other end, which he realized a little too late was due to the earplugs Alec was already casually pulling out. He heard Thomas' side of it perfectly clear even without that of course. He certainly heard the name Ravnos, which made it pretty obvious, almost certain even, who it was on the other end. Like most intelligent kindred, Alec made a note of finding out the names and affiliations of all the important and semi important kindred in a city he entered. Unlike most intelligent kindred, Alec never forgot the slightest bit of it either. So when the phone call did finally end, it seemed the time had come again to prove his worth to the group. Though he was really trying to avoid giving the impression of rubbing it in, as for some reason he had not quite 'hit it off' with the rest of the group as well as he wanted to. His fellow tremere aside of course, that bit might have been the slightest bit intentional.

"So, that Bastard's hands are dipped in the pot too hmm?" Looking at the immediate reactions of his fellows, Alec quickly rushes to clarify. "I don't mean it as an insult, rather that is what most of our fellow kindred here in town refer to him as. As such, I do not actually know his name, but I do know Caesar's Casino is considered to be his turf. On the downtown side of the waterfront, can't miss it." In Alec's case, this was true to a rather indescribable extent given his senses. It was almost as bad as the club they had left not too long ago. "The Ravnos of course being a clan of kindred as opposed to an organization. Technically they are not even part of the Camarilla, as they exist and operate independently. But generally it is better to put up with them rather than evict them unless you want them bringing their extended family with them for some payback when they inevitably return. And return they will, they are exceptionally good at holding grudges, even amongst kindred. Thus most Princes prefer to tolerate them as long as the mischief they typically delight in causing remains somewhat modest."

The warlock shrugs, he really is not the type for higher level policy management but from what he's read, its been proven true from a historical point of view. "Other than that all I know is that the 'Bastard'," Real finger quotes this time. "has been a permanent resident in Portage for quite some time and with the way Ravnos tend to keep their fingers in as many pots as possible, he does probably know something of worth relating to our objective."

 

__________________
PIG: Birch VERSES China, Fight!
Me: ...my money is on Birch for the record.

Last edited by Yuul; 01-22-2019 at 12:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-22-2019, 08:30 AM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 15568
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 5,322
Thomas talks in his uncertain way. He hangs up. Alec talks in his certain, but rambling and circumlocutory way.

A revelatory look appears on Leesa's face. Threads connect in her mind. She takes out her notebook and flips a few pages back. She can barely even wait to interject, and when she does it overlaps with Alec's last words. "...knows something of worth relating to our..."

"Govinda. Ramus Govinda. The Bastard. A Ravnos. Ugh, I can't believe I didn't remember that before. I've heard that name 'Bastard' a bunch of times before. But it never quite connected to the other. Govinda. Sounds so... euro-trash. Anyways. Definitely him.

"Govinda. Guy we were talking about yesterday. Guy we THOUGHT we were calling when Rita called the Tzim by mistake."
She's now tapping in her notebook, trying to work out her thoughts on the fly. She's always been one to talk out her arguments, rather than quietly contemplate. "Rita didn't want to call him, cuz he's trouble. But she tried anyways, and we found more trouble. And more trouble and more trouble, since apparently Govinda had the Tzim's phone number and gave it to Cheryl. Or left it behind for someone else to find. Well, OK, that sounds like something a movie serial killer would do. Which we can probably rule out.

"So, Govinda has contact with the island? With the Tzim, at least. Cheryl was talking to Govinda, and probably also getting in touch with the guy we're looking for, here and now. We weren't sure how to find him - Ravnos... um, Ramus... yesterday. But he's the Bastard. So he basically lives at the Casino. It's on the waterfront, yeah? Can't be too far from here, as the boat glides. If we are looking for something to do after this little adventure."


Even as she talks, she's scribbling. Her handwriting is almost indecipherable due to sloppiness. Govinda Ramus (aka bastard aka ramus gov.)(Ravnos). Knew Tzim, knew Cheryl. At casino
__________________
Currently co-running Outplay 2019 (5e GM). Round 3 is over, come read the drama! The Championship round begins on Monday August 19th.

5e one-shot adventure in development, to be advertised late August or early September.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-22-2019, 09:15 PM
Aethera's Avatar
Aethera Aethera is offline
evil daystar
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2019
RPXP: 38539
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Posts: 14,754
At that moment, opportune or not in close proximity to other phone calls of import, Leesa's phone begins ringing with the caller ID 'Rita Carrara'.

OOCHi again all! I'm working on finishing up my private thread thoughts, so figured I might as well rejoin you all as your thread progressed instead of just barging back in. Wyna, I'm happy to RP the entire conversation in Discord, or just agree on the content and let you post the summary here, whatever you prefer. Any summary of events you want to give Rita, or me, would be great, but also if you're new to the team... introductions incoming.
__________________
Status: Slowly but surely catching up.
My Site ShtuffsEver played 13th Age?
Nominate Great Posts!Chat Craziness!
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-23-2019, 01:35 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 15568
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 5,322
Leesa picks up on the third ring. She takes a few steps back from the group, into some nearby darkness.

"Rita? Everything all right? I wanted to come and rescue you, but everyone else thought that would be in poor taste." Her greeting is playful, but Rita notices that she's speaking in lower tones than usual. There is a pause as Rita responds

"No. We have investigating to do. And someone said the Prince will be arriving there soon? We thought we weren't prepared to take questions from him quite yet. We're at the pier now. Number 21. Just arrived. Can you get here? If we find that Tzim, he may prefer to talk to you." Leesa pauses for a moment as she tries to listen to the portside conversation occurring nearby. "If you can't make it here, we can manage, maybe you can get to the casino a little later? We've made contact with that Govinda guy. Thomas did. Oh, Thomas came back tonight. And another Tremere. Alec... something. Anyways, Govinda holes up at the casino." She gives an embarrassed look to Alec as Rita responds, hoping that he's too distracted by the others to notice she forgot his last name.

"Same thing led us to him as led the you to the Tzim," she replies to Rita, a little defensively. "Cold calling these numbers we've found. Maybe we need a better strategy going forward. A searchable phone book. Anyways, all right, see you in a few. We'll hold back 'til you show up." There is a quick goodbye, and Leesa hangs up and stashes her phone.

Stepping back to the group, she reports, "OK, that was Rita. She's done with her business and on her way. I thought for a minute there that she was going to stick around and talk to the Prince. I guess when dignitaries visit your place... Anyways, she's on the road now and not excited about messing with this Govinda. But if I've learned anything about her, it's that she's not excited about messing with many things. So I'll suggest we simply take her opinion under advisement."
__________________
Currently co-running Outplay 2019 (5e GM). Round 3 is over, come read the drama! The Championship round begins on Monday August 19th.

5e one-shot adventure in development, to be advertised late August or early September.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-23-2019, 01:50 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2019
RPXP: 16470
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,248
OOCEveryone but Rita roll Perception+Alertness. I will update once I get those, should have asked for it sooner, sorry.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-23-2019, 08:07 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2019
RPXP: 16470
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,248
Rita had called and thus it seemed that at least her side of the paperwork and other political necessities had been handled. Despite the fact that she clearly did not think that Govinda was a great idea, it was at least one more individual to add to a group, and strength in numbers still counted, did it not? Phone calls brought with them both information and a sense that the web had continued to unfurl at a rate they had not managed to catch up to yet. A shift, a scuff of a foot, a low mutter from Waif as the Gangrel stared out over the water, away from the others, as she had done the moment that Ramus' name had been dropped.

A rustle, a restless whisper of a breath, of a movement or a poignant pause of space in the form that bespoke of something and yet there was no definite source to attribute the sense which tingled along the spine.




While they all heard the absence of sound rise and then fade away, Alec and Adina, perhaps their years of focused training or perhaps just the location they stood, caught a whisper more. A burble of water as it danced over rocks, save there was no such rocks nor brook to babble, not here along the waterfront. It lay beneath the sound of the waves as the lapped and pattered against the creosote soaked wood and cement barricades which defended the land from the sea. A burble, a gurgle, a giggle perhaps?

Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-23-2019, 08:47 PM
Aethera's Avatar
Aethera Aethera is offline
evil daystar
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2019
RPXP: 38539
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Posts: 14,754
Down the long side of the building where there was a limit to the lighting, a clatter resounded in the night without any apparent source. It could've been something wooden, or it could've been someone or something and a piece of wood, it was hard to tell. Almost immediately afterward came a distinct thump like a door slamming, or a solid object being knocked over. Even as dull as the sound was, without the resounding echo of a hollow space being involved, it managed to bounce between the warehouses. Still nothing appeared from the shadows.

Raccoon? Maybe? Were they that lucky?
__________________
Status: Slowly but surely catching up.
My Site ShtuffsEver played 13th Age?
Nominate Great Posts!Chat Craziness!

Last edited by Aethera; 01-27-2019 at 05:19 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-24-2019, 10:16 PM
Yuul's Avatar
Yuul Yuul is offline
Master of Undeath
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 9637
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Posts: 8,390
Alec Thorne
right-aligned image
Alec takes Leesa's interruption with an uncaring grace. He had been done for the most part anyway, and any slight irritation was washed away with getting to add the Bastard's apparently legitimate name to his unfailing mental library. Not even a full moment after the attorney's own puzzle pieces were added to the pot, the phone began to ring. Apparently it was Rita, their missing member, or one of them anyway. The important takeaway being that she would join them soon enough, even if she was hesitant about meeting with the Ravnos. Completely understandable, that. No one really liked dealing with them after all.

Fortunately for his own state of mind, Alec had caught on to something with which to keep him occupied, namely the Waif. She had been staring out over the water ever since the Bastard had been brought up, but what he could not figure out was if it was a blank stare, or if she was looking at or for something in particular. What he did notice, was that moment of something. An almost inexplicable not silence noise that was difficult to discern, but his ears caught it all the same. A rustle, the barest hint of a breath, something moving or perhaps pausing nearby. There was more to it though, both as he kept listening and immediately replaying the very recent memory in his head. The soft burble of water over stone, and one thing Alec's memory was certain of was that there existed no stone of that nature where they were now. The sound attempted to conceal itself beneath the ambient natural music of the sea moving about under the docks, but it was there. He could not really decide what it exactly was but it sounded something like a giggle, and definitely didn't seem like a naturally occurring noise given the location.

The warlock crouches low, a gesture and a look attempting to quiet his fellows as he tries to focus whilst wondering just what the chances were that they might soon find themselves ambushed. That or the fiend they were meeting wished to give them a fright. His thoughts briefly drifted to the many storied fleshcrafts fiends typically enjoyed creating, and wondered if he was hearing one right now. Making a decision Alec decides to speak up. "You might as well come-" His words are interrupted by a sudden clatter off to the side away from where he had been focusing. The clatter was followed by a relatively quiet racket, as oxymoronic as that might sound, that echoed into a blatantly obvious sound. "-out?" If anything the Tremere was even more wary now, and his mind raced in place of his dead heart as he contemplated multiple entities attempting to remain unnoticed. Not counting any Nosferatu that might be lurking about. You never found them unless they wanted you to.


__________________
PIG: Birch VERSES China, Fight!
Me: ...my money is on Birch for the record.

Last edited by Yuul; 01-24-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-25-2019, 12:35 AM
JackinIrons's Avatar
JackinIrons JackinIrons is offline
This Guy!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 11058
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Posts: 1,477
Thomas cocked his head as he looked toward Adina, seemingly surprised by the question, though in truth it was just his chain of thought that was interrupted. He opened his mouth to answer, but closed it without speaking. The other vampire, Alec, had already begun speaking and once he mentioned the word 'Bastard', the name Ramus popped into his mind. The realization didn't make the young gangrel happy, though he hadn't met the Ravnos either. Thomas listened to the rest of Alec's words, though there wasn't much to truly respond to.

Leesa began speaking, really drilling into the realization of Govinda's presence, and Thomas' green eye turned to regard her curiously. He nodded slightly, remembering the one or two times he had played at getting drunk at Cesar's. He usually visited Jacks or The Myst Tavern, but he had seen most every drinking hole in Portage, usually on nights after an incident with The Old Man happened.

When Leesa's phone rang, Thomas turned back to Adina and he spoke to her in a soft voice, "Ramus was vague... If we don't go to him, he'll probably find us. Or... m.. me, since I called." His words were simple and stunted, as he heard Rita's voice over the phone. He also nodded to Leesa when she was done, as what she said about Rita made perfect sense. His interactions with the woman while dealing with his art were carefully vetted.

Quiet returned to the group and Thomas was glad of the fact. He wasn't entirely fond of talking, but when it came, the gangrel felt that something was out there, just outside the reach of his keen hearing. He couldn't make out much, but he noticed Adina and Alec shift in a way. What he did know is that whatever it was, The Old Man didn't seem to push with it, so Thomas was relatively relaxed. Though when Alec called for a potential someone to come out, Thomas grunted lightly and shifted his stance. Whether to fight, to talk or to run, he wasn't sure.
__________________
Life and hospitals suck at times. Starting to catch up now.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-27-2019, 04:29 PM
Phettberg's Avatar
Phettberg Phettberg is offline
Use your words
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 8586
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Posts: 5,298
"We go to him then, take the initiative," Adina answered Thomas, though her heart was not really in it. Too many meetings planned in too little time. Soon after her attention was drawn by a strange sound mixed in with the waves of the ocean. She knew the waters made strange sounds sometimes, more so here than the waters of the blue danube at home ever had, so she did not immediately give it the credit it may have deserved.

While she was still pondering whether this could be a not entirely silent observer Alec had already decided for himself, apparently having heard the same sound. It may have sounded a little like a giggle, if it had not been imagination at all, though to Adina this did not suggest a benevolent observer. She had never seen a modern horror film, but a giggle in darkness still did not comfort her.

But with the appearance of another noise the point became moot. Now the question more how many people were creeping in the shadows, not if there were any stalkers at all.

Adina frowned and folded her hands in front of her chest, concentrating on all of her senses in anticipation of what was to come.


Last edited by Phettberg; 01-27-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-27-2019, 04:55 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 15568
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 5,322
Leesa is all but oblivious to the sounds around her. She promised to wait for Rita, and the team is still strategizing, so they're in a holding pattern for now. She flips through her phone, looking at maps of how far away is the Casino from here, how far are both from the Elysium, her place; how far is the island from where they are, and so on.

Whatever mystical supernatural lapping is happening by the water, no one mentions it, so it makes no impression upon her in the least. She was busy replaying the message left by her workers about the island. There is some banging to one side, but trash pandas are everywhere around here. Hardly interesting or novel. She sits on the bumper of the jeep, deletes a few of her old playlists, and taps her foot impatiently, waiting for the action to begin.
__________________
Currently co-running Outplay 2019 (5e GM). Round 3 is over, come read the drama! The Championship round begins on Monday August 19th.

5e one-shot adventure in development, to be advertised late August or early September.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-27-2019, 07:12 PM
Kapera's Avatar
Kapera Kapera is offline
The penguins are coming!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-14-2019
RPXP: 16470
Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera Kapera
Posts: 3,248
Even though Waif seemed to react much as Leesa had, at first, the slight tilt of her head back and forth followed by a slow snapping of each finger as she stretched and arched the digits outward alerted Thomas to the fact that whatever it seemed the two Tremere noticed, Waif was very much aware of as well, and was prepared. There was a small measure of comfort in that she had not altered any of her form beyond the stretch, and thus the whisper at the back of Thom's mind was that it was still, for now, somewhere on the safer side of the danger scale.

The clatter of wood and thump of unknown origins sent a small throb through Alec's head, the downside of senses overly attuned, at least it was not a car backfiring or some other potentially deafening event to leave him damaged for the night. Though through it all both he and Adina could hear the barest whisper of sound, the rasp of something as it slid or shifted over items also unseen. Another burble, the mind said it was laughter even as the ears insisted it was merely the sound of a non-existent babbling brook.

While perhaps at first it seemed that her compatriots had suddenly grown paranoid of raccoons or wharf rats, the continued tension seemed to draw Leesa from her bored waiting. Maybe it was Alec's fixed attention to the shadows of the dock, or maybe it was Waif as she began to turn ever so slowly, a wicked grin paired with two serpentine fangs, or maybe the sixth sense, the awareness one cannot place, that whispers 'you are not alone'.

Even then, the darkness seemed to merely wait, to ebb and whisper its secrets to an unseen listener, but they were no longer alone down here and it felt unlikely it was merely a wayward mortal on a nightly stroll, nor a scavenging furry creature in search of forgotten foods.

A whisper, a murmur at the back of Thom's mind, the Old Man was there, though he seemed to merely watch in the moment. Alert boy, don't drop your guard.



oocWhat do you do? Roll if you feel you need to or post with your details and I will tell you if you need to roll OR if I feel as a GM I can write it in for the next update. It is now clear to all that something is around, or somethings... but no real clue.

Last edited by Kapera; 01-27-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-28-2019, 04:06 PM
Aethera's Avatar
Aethera Aethera is offline
evil daystar
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-17-2019
RPXP: 38539
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Posts: 14,754
__________________
Status: Slowly but surely catching up.
My Site ShtuffsEver played 13th Age?
Nominate Great Posts!Chat Craziness!

Last edited by Aethera; 01-28-2019 at 04:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-30-2019, 07:10 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 15568
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 5,322
It's the weird way everyone else is acting that finally catches Leesa's attention. She looks up from her phone, casting her gaze around the group. The two Tremere seem still and hyper-focused. Waif twitches, and Thomas seems to key in to that reaction. There is tension in the air. Leesa's screen abruptly stops lighting her face. She lowers her phone into her bag without taking her eyes off the others. Hand in her bag, she slowly rises, feeling the knife stashed there. She pulls it out.

Quietly, she says, "Hey um guys... what's happening?" She raises herself up on the floorboards of the jeep, trying to get a better view of the surrounding area. No headlights coming, so Rita must still be a ways off. Alec and Adina seem particularly focused on the water line, but Leesa can't get any read on that area.

At least Waif seems ready to take the proactive approach. Leesa hops down and moves to the Gangrel's side, staying just behind. The magical and animal senses in play are putting Leesa at a distinct disadvantage. She flips her blade open and stands on the balls of her feet with a spring in her step. She might not be the first to see anything that comes, but she sure as hell won't be the last to respond.
__________________
Currently co-running Outplay 2019 (5e GM). Round 3 is over, come read the drama! The Championship round begins on Monday August 19th.

5e one-shot adventure in development, to be advertised late August or early September.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; 01-30-2019 at 07:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-31-2019, 08:53 PM
JackinIrons's Avatar
JackinIrons JackinIrons is offline
This Guy!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-18-2019
RPXP: 11058
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Posts: 1,477
Thomas nodded slightly to Adina as she proposed going to Ramus rather than waiting for him. Not that he wanted to deal with the Bastard, but being uncomfortable was better than being surprised. And if Govinda was hostile, than it'd be less likely to trigger his alternate persona.

But even as he nodded, it was given without much mind. For even though he didn't feel like he was in direct danger, the urging of his broken psyche seemed to warn him to keep up his guard. Thomas bit his lip as he shuffled and tried to bring something useful to bear. He glanced to Alec, then to Waif and he nodded to himself slightly. He closed his eye for a moment as he tapped into something within. When he opened his eye again the natural mossy green was gone as they reflected red in the ambient light.

With his greater senses invoked, he spoke softly toward Leesa who asked what was happening and his voice was steadier than usual, though slow and careful, "Movement at the twin docks... Pier 20. And another flicker of movement where the dock meets the road. That one moves toward the first movement." As he spoke, the way he held his body changed. He rolled his shoulders and began to pace slightly, giving off an extremely predatory vibe that was enhanced by the red sheen in his eye. Unseen under the surface however, there was a tickle of amusement at his stance. Thomas was a predator to an extent, but here he was puffing up like a cat, rather than a lion.
__________________
Life and hospitals suck at times. Starting to catch up now.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB