Game Thread Scene 3: the school grounds after school, Tues Sept 20, 2020, 3:07pm - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Monsterhearts - Stuck Outside the Magic Kingdom > Story Archive
twitter facebook
0 7 4 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02-04-2019, 07:39 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 17722
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 5,843
Scene 3: the school grounds after school, Tues Sept 20, 2020, 3:07pm

The lawnIf the lunchroom is the shark tank of high school, then the lawns after the last bell are a watering hole on the open Savannah. For some, it is the first taste of freedom for 8 hours. They flutter and chirp and bound with glee. For others, it is the most dangerous time of day. They must be nearby by necessity, but they know what still waters and swaying grasses can hide. For others still, it is time to feed. They hunt.

Sports practices don't start for 20 minutes, and a number of sports teams gather socially beforehand. Cars rev, bass notes jangling their trunks. The stoners are already producing their one-hitters out of pockets and bags. The drama club melodramatically emotes from their prime real estate in the shade.

Ella and Annabelle had an appointment to meet after school. Aurora had expected to talk with Link and Annabelle before she was unceremoniously hauled away. The three end up together on the parched and trampled lawns outside of school.

OODMTime to get most of you together! I would like at least two of you to have an NPC with you. Presumably they are a friend who you would willingly hang with after school. This will be especially handy for whoever is first to post, since they'll otherwise be alone.


The old abandoned poolOf course a Florida school built in the 50s has a pool. But the state discontinued the high school swimming curriculum decades ago, and the school board cut funding for maintenance 15 years ago. Now the swim team drills at the Y, two blocks away. That leaves KHS with a vestigial wing. The main entry on that side is barred, chained, and multiple-deadbolted. But as always, high school life finds a way. There is always a maintenance entrance. This one is around the corner from the front lawns and a dozen paces down. That door just uses plain locks. The janitors often forget to lock it, and even when it's locked, a solid (albiet loud) jerk can usually tug the door open.

Link delivers a solid jerk, enters, and waits just inside the door. A few minutes later, Becky walks by, looking over her shoulder. Link opens the door, and she slips in. She knows she should smile, and so she does. But there is worry in her eyes, and not the worry of being watched. The pair walk through the antechamber into the huge open room with the empty pool. The smell of chlorine somehow still lingers. Shafts of sunlight filter in from the panel of dust-encrusted windows far above.

The two face each other in secret, as they always have.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure module.
  #2  
Old 02-05-2019, 01:32 PM
Shylocke's Avatar
Shylocke Shylocke is online now
Lies and Trickery
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 6039
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Posts: 8,055
Link Faust
right-aligned image
Even if it wasn't for the rumours circulating the school, even if it wasn't for the frazzled and overly distraught manner which he saw walking about the school, Link would've been able to tell that something was wrong. He could definitely see in Becky's eyes that something was bothering her. Normally their little rendezvous were an escape from all the drama polluting the rest of their day, but not for her. Not today.

Link holds Becky by the shoulders in a way that he's held her countless times, normally so they stare at each other hungrily before things really kick off. "Somethings wrong, I can see it. Anyone can see it. I heard the rumour going 'round. I'm not deaf, I'm not living under a rock." Link puts on a concerned face. "I didn't tell anyone, you know, and I don't know who did. Tell me what's going on, tell me who's bothering you. I can deal with them. I'll put 'em straight."
  #3  
Old 02-05-2019, 07:09 PM
JackinIrons's Avatar
JackinIrons JackinIrons is offline
This Guy!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-08-2019
RPXP: 11282
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Posts: 1,490
Ella Day - The Lawn
right-aligned image

Ella made her way to the lawn, to a spot right next to the school sign and a short distance from the loud parking lot. Her eyes moved to and fro as she watched the other kids frolic, though they returned to Mara Silas every so often. The Hollow almost had a need to see what made people tick but she also knew that she shouldn't be rude.

Mara stopped next to her friend and raised her eyebrows expressively as she started talking in an animated voice, "Man, the kids here are so ridiculous. Did you hear what they were talking about all day?" Mara emphasized the last words as Ella looked into her friends eyes. She always found Mara's expressive face fascinating and kept watching as she continued, "I mean, who cares what Link or Aurora, or anyone else does? Don't they know that this stuff doesn't really matter? They should learn that and focus on things that are actually important."

Ella nodded habitually, though she couldn't help but think that the gossip was natural. After all, everyone had different wishes and dreams, and they acted according to those things. But she didn't voice those thoughts, but brought up a different question, "Yes, you're right. Say, Mara? You're usually in a rush after school. When were the days you go volunteer at the shelter?" There were, of course, other things that Mara usually did but the question remained the same.

Mara twisted her face in reaction to the question and spoke out in a disgusted tone, "Nah. Tuesdays, Thursdays and some weekends usually, but some dumbass vandalized the place pretty bad this last weekend. So it's closed for at least a couple weeks while they get some people in to fix things up. I'd help, but word is that they're getting some mandated community service people to do it." Mara's visage suddenly morphed into an amused look, "Why, Ella? You want to get rid of me that badly?"

The Hollow laughed softly and shook her head, "Nope. Just wondering. I told Annabelle that we could study together, so I'm waiting for her. If you want to come, I'd like that, and I'm sure she wouldn't mind." Ella ran that phrase in her head even as she said it, and knowing what she knew of the nerd girl, she couldn't say that the statement was wrong. Or right, really. So she resolved herself to handle the consequences if Annabelle did mind. She also took the opportunity to look towards the other students, with the built in excuse that she was looking for Annabelle.

The Hollow received a smile from Mara for the invitation and she nodded slowly as she spoke, "Sounds cool. Sure, if Annabelle doesn't mind, it's probably a good idea. Getting help from one of the smartest people in school. So, in other news..." Mara's smile turned into an impish grin this time, "Don't think I didn't notice you and Safiyah slip away together at lunch today. And nowhere in the cafeteria either. What kind of things were you two up to?"

Ella gave a slight smile as she remembered the interaction, "We ate together and talked." The Hollow tilted her head as she tried to decide exactly how much to bring up before she elaborated, "She did mention that she would want to be more active in things. Perhaps you can talk to her sometime about putting some of your activities into the paper. Beyond that... we talked about her family a little and about the Shooter Drill. I was wondering about it. Not much more than that."

Even as Ella considered whether or not to say anything deeper, she noticed Mara raise her eyebrows again, "One of those things isn't like the others. The shooter drill, Ella? Do you think there might be more to it than just a random drill?"

The Hollow shrugged as she looked around again, "I don't know, really, but I want to know. Don't tell anyone anything, but if there is... maybe you could print something, if it's needed?" Ella shot Mara a bright smile and watched as her friend rolled her eyes in frustration before nodding. It was then that Ella thought she saw Annabelle, but she also noted that Aurora seemed to be approaching too. The Hollow didn't know why, but she wondered if the dead girl needed her and who would get to her first.
__________________
Life and hospitals suck at times. Starting to catch up now.
  #4  
Old 02-06-2019, 01:29 PM
timplausible's Avatar
timplausible timplausible is offline
Old School - or just old
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-17-2019
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
Posts: 2,096
Aurora
right-aligned image
The rest of Aurora’s day was fairly uneventful. She managed to not fail her chemistry test (Ms. Brown still scowled when handing back her paper with a “D” on it) and she managed to swipe two very interesting-looking pens from other students. She was admiring one of them while walking down the hall after the last bell, when Brick came up beside her.

“Hey, Aurora,” he said, then paused awkwardly. “You coming to chess club this afternoon?”

Aurora turned to look at him, smiled, then looked back down the hallway at the school’s main doors - the exit to the outside world. The tone in Brick’s voice made Aurora feel like this wasn’t really the question he wanted to ask her.

“Maybe?” she said. “I think I’m supposed to meet up with someone and go somewhere,” she continued. From anyone else, those words would signify a lame excuse. But from Aurora, they were completely honest. "Or maybe that was yesterday. I don't really remember."

Brick nodded, taking it in stride. “Ok. Well, it’s fine if you do,” he said. Another pause. “I heard you got called into Deza’s office today. What was that about?”

There was the question Brick wanted to ask.

Aurora looked up at the ceiling as she recalled the encounter with Vice Principal Deza. “Someone lost something,” she said. “Deza thinks I stole it. The usual.”

“And did you? Steal it, I mean?” he asked.

Aurora nodded. “Yeah. But he doesn't know that. He just wanted to intimidate me.”

Brick chuckled. “Yep. That’s Deza. Always wants to intimidate, never succeeds. So he didn’t ask you about anything else, then?”

By this time, the two had emerged from the school and began walking towards the front lawn. Aurora saw Ella, and wondered if maybe this was the person she was supposed to meet. Aurora picked up her pace and began walking towards Ella.

Brick cleared his throat, and Aurora realized she hadn’t answered his question. “Oh. Anything else? Well, he talked cryptically about some rumor that he said pertained to me. And I think maybe he was checking me out?”

Brick made a face. “Ew. Gross. What rumor?”

Aurora shook her head. “Maybe the one about me and Link? I don’t know. I didn’t pay close attention.”

Brick nodded. “Right. Right. That rumor.” He paused, opened his mouth as if to say something, but then closed it again.

By this point, the two had made it to where Ella was standing. She was talking with Mara. Aurora smiled her weak smile at the two girls and gave a half-hearted wave. Beside her, Brick seemed uncertain whether he wanted to stay now that Aurora had joined the other girls, or whether he wanted to leave. He nodded at the girls, but said nothing.

“Hey, Ella. Hey Mara,” Aurora said. “Did I agree to do something with one of you today?”

__________________
Look at me! I have time to post! [OMINOUS_VOICE]For now...[/OMINOUS_VOICE]

Last edited by timplausible; 02-06-2019 at 01:34 PM.
  #5  
Old 02-07-2019, 02:59 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2019
RPXP: 11893
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 6,625
right-aligned image


She'd been thinking about Link all day. Was he really interested in her or was he just looking for what every teen guy was looking for? She could probably give that to him even if she wouldn't enjoy it all that much. It would be nice to do and she could help him feel better about all these stupid rumors and stuff. Then again, maybe it would make the rumors worse? She hated being so unsure and Sociology books never really seemed to help her understand high school.

She walked out of the building and some boy stopped her. She looked over at him, what was his name again? Sam maybe? He talked about wanting to study with her for math and she accidentally let him know she was planning to do that. He was with her as she joined up with Ella, Mara, Aurora, and oh Brick....She sighed he absolutely hated her because of that stupid Chess Club of his. It wasn't her fault that she could easily beat him. It wasn't her fault she'd been dead so long and so bored that she'd become that good. Even so he hated that she beat him and he hated that she got such good grades. She'd explain that she'd give him the Valevictorian or Saluditorian spot she'd done it every year for so long it wasn't even funny. When the time came she'd step aside, but she doubted he'd be any happier when she did.

She stepped in and smiled to the group. "Oh hello everyone. I brought uh...." Damn forgot his name again.

Sam smiled, "Sam Smith. I'm in your homeroom...." She looked embarrassed and said, "Right Sam and this is Ella, Mara, Aurora, and Brian.'

Brick rolled his eyes and added, "Most people just call me Brick."

She stared at him and smirked. Her first thought was that he was certainly dumb as one sometimes. She almost laughed at the thought, but kept it in. "Anyway some of us were going t study. Right?"

Last edited by Ysolde; 02-07-2019 at 02:59 PM.
  #6  
Old 02-10-2019, 01:01 AM
JackinIrons's Avatar
JackinIrons JackinIrons is offline
This Guy!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-08-2019
RPXP: 11282
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Posts: 1,490
Ella Day - The Lawn
right-aligned image

Ella watched as Aurora and Brick approached her and Mara, though it felt like Brian was holding himself aloof as Aurora asked if she had plans with someone. If it were anyone but the dead girl, then Ella would be pretty confused, but the Hollow had gotten used to the strangeness that was Aurora. Ella opened her mouth, as if to speak, but closed it immediately as Annabelle approached with Sam in tow.

Annabelle made introductions with Sam, though Ella could vaguely remember meeting him several times. He stuck out to her for the same reason he blended into the background for everyone else... His wishes and desires were almost nonexistent. But Ella gave him a smile nonetheless as everyone seemed to pass greetings around for some reason.

She gave Aurora a quick smile, as if to tell her that she wasn't being ignored, then she spoke to Annabelle, "Yeah, we talked about it in homeroom. I'm guessing that you mentioned it to Aurora as well, since she approached me even before you. I told Mara that you probably wouldn't mind her joining us, but if you do mind, then speak now or forever hold your peace."

Mara, for her part, looked between the ever growing group of people by the sign and she gave an amused laugh, "The group got big quickly. Ella, don't use lines from weddings, some people might get confused. And Ella's right, I'll bail if I'm not welcome." As she said it, she looked to everyone. She too had forgotten about Sam, up until the moment he was reintroduced. And like many people in the school, she was nervous around Brick, but she didn't want to say anything.

Ella looked sideways at her friend with a hint of confusion in her eyes, "It's a wedding phrase? I guess I must have forgotten." She shook her head lightly as she looked back to Annabelle, "Anyway, studying. Did you want to do it at my place or yours? And maybe as a reward for being good, we could head to the bowling alley when we're through. Unless we just study there?" Ella looked at Annabelle wide-eyed, hoping that someone else put their foot down on how to study.
__________________
Life and hospitals suck at times. Starting to catch up now.
  #7  
Old 02-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 17722
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 5,843
On the LawnAurora, Ella, and Annabelle have assembled a respectable-sized crew. They're not exactly the elites of the social scene, but they're enough to deter any random jerks from butting in.

Strangely, a few members of the baseball team seem to be gathering just around a corner, towards the back of the school. You'd usually expect them to be spitting chewing tobacco much further away, or off at the baseball fields. But those are in the other direction...
In the pool.Link asks Becky what's wrong. She sighs, rolls her eyes, and gives him a sassy skeptical look for a moment. All the talk about US is the clear message. But she only looks at him that way for a few heartbeats.

She sighs again and her glum face returns. She sets down her bookbag and reaches out to grab one of Link's hands with both of hers. She makes a moment of skin-to-skin contact, but then pulls back, rejecting the instinct. This is just a hook-up. That's all. No catching the feels. She instead twiddles the fingers of her two hands together.

"Oh, it's just been a bad day. Ginny is being a b*tch, but, y'know..." she shrugs. What's new? "Everyone is whispering. But Deza was talking to you at lunch - what did he say? That guy creeps me out. He's always watching me. There was this one time where I was just passing to my next class, and this shiver ran down my spine. I turned and he was SO CLOSE. I swear he was about to touch my neck. I could feel his breathing." She shivers at the memory. "I couldn't just walk away from him. But he played it off like he was just saying 'hi' all friendly. Have you seen him do anything like that to anyone else? What did Aurora say he wanted?"
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure module.
  #8  
Old 02-11-2019, 01:01 PM
Shylocke's Avatar
Shylocke Shylocke is online now
Lies and Trickery
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 6039
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Posts: 8,055
Link Faust
right-aligned image
While Becky didn't say anything about the rumours concerning the two of them, she actually said enough. Talking about other things, giving him that skeptical look. It told him that it was making her life rough but not enough for her to quit him. That's all he really needed to know. She made him feel good and he knew damn well that he made her feel good. Sometimes things are just that simple.

"Deza? Aurora got in trouble again, so he hauled her off to his office." Link explains, taking his hands off of Becky but not retreating any. If she warmed up and got in the mood then he'd be right there. When she had these bad days it was a coin toss whether she used him to forget or just couldn't get in the mood. "After that he just tried to get under my skin. Same insults I've heard from the Bull and his floozies a million times. Guy's a loser who failed his way into being Vice Principal. How many people you see lining up for that job on career day? Zee-roe. You know if you get a video of the guy trying that sh*t again you can get him fired easy. Happened at a school I used to go. Creep deserves it."
  #9  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:36 PM
Ysolde's Avatar
Ysolde Ysolde is offline
Pony Princess
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-12-2019
RPXP: 11893
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Posts: 6,625
right-aligned image


She looked over at Aurora, it felt like she owed her or maybe like she wanted to do what Aurora wanted. She smiled as the girl said those words and somehow she imagined just what they could mean. She'd be in a white dress and Aurora, Ella, or Becky would be next to her. Someone would say those words....no. No one would ever say those words to her, she was already dead. How could you have 'Til death do you part' if she was already dead? Her unlife stretched out before her four years at a time along with a few years off. Always the same, always meaningless because she was meaningless a nothing...

She pulled herself out of that little depression smile and said, "No problem, we can all head to your house Ella and study there. Go to the alley after sounds like a great plan. Especially since I kinda already told Link I'd go there." She shrugged and looked off, "I'm not even sure why. He just asked and I said yes, and I don't even like boys like that."

Sam looked at her and said, "Really?" He looked a bit sad for a moment there. She shrugged and added, "Yeah, sorry I thought everyone knew..."

Last edited by Ysolde; 02-12-2019 at 01:21 PM.
  #10  
Old 02-15-2019, 10:57 AM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 17722
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 5,843
In the poolBecky's mouth goes askew at Link's suggestion. "So take a cellphone video when he's in my face? I dunno, don't you think that would make things worse? I could try to catch him doing it to someone else. But... I've never seen him do it to anyone else. I mean, he's creepy, like, ALWAYS. And he's always taking a power trip over someone. But TOUCHING a student? I don't think even he's stupid enough to do that." She pauses, searching her memory for any interaction like that. Her brow furrows a bit as if she's now doubting her own memory at all. Then a stern look of resolve appears. "No. I know what I saw. He was there. He was about to grab me. I don't know what he was thinking. But he did. Maybe we should ask Aurora if she's seen anything."

"Aurora..." Thinking about her brings Becky back to the present moment. Of course, Becky heard all the same rumors about Link and Aurora today that everyone else did - she saw the pair enter together. "So you and Aurora, huh? Is that what we're here for? Time to finally drop me?" There's a little bit of self-pity in her voice, but it's obvious that she doesn't entirely mean this, or expect it to be true. There is a sly playfulness behind her glum expression as she continues, "Or are we going to, y'know, do something else..."
OODMIf there is some interest in 'doing something else' you should probably roll Turn Someone On. If not, you should probably roll to Shut Her Down.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure module.
  #11  
Old 02-15-2019, 06:26 PM
timplausible's Avatar
timplausible timplausible is offline
Old School - or just old
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-17-2019
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
Posts: 2,096
Aurora
left-aligned image
Aurora's gaze wandered while the others talked. They were talking about studying. Aurora didn't much care for studying, but she was somewhat interested in spending time with the girls. Especially at one of their houses, where she could look at all their things. And maybe even pick up something new for her collection. She smiled at this thought, and then her gaze settled on Sam. She smiled at him, and gave him a tiny wave. In the back of her mind, she remembered the dark feelings that had come alive when last she was with him. She cocked her head as she continued to look at him. Trying to understand what her feelings might mean. Then Brick said something quietly near her ear.

"Listen, this isn't my scene. I'm gonna take off." he started to turn away, but then leaned back towards Aurora again. "You and your friends might want to keep an eye on those jockheads over there," he said, motioning towards the baseball players with a small motion of his head."Something seems off with them. And trust me. I know what 'off' looks like."

Aurora turned her gaze towards the ball players. She wasn't sure what Brick meant about them seeming "off", but she believed that he might know what he was talking about. "Thanks, Brick." she said. "Sounds like I'm studying today, so I won't be dropping by chess club."

Brick nodded, then looked at the other girls. His expression might have been mere discomfort, though it might also have been disdain. All of his expressions were different kinds of scowls, so it was hard to tell. "Yeah," he said to Aurora. "No problem. I'll catch ya later." And with that, he turned to go.

Aurora continued to look at the baseball players. She wasn't even sure why. Maybe she just didn't want to spend the energy to turn around again. Or maybe it was that one guy's hat. It was the guy from the morning, and even though all the hats were essentially the same, it was his that drew her eyes. "See ya, Brick," she said, though she wasn't speaking in his direction.
__________________
Look at me! I have time to post! [OMINOUS_VOICE]For now...[/OMINOUS_VOICE]
  #12  
Old 02-16-2019, 12:50 AM
JackinIrons's Avatar
JackinIrons JackinIrons is offline
This Guy!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-08-2019
RPXP: 11282
JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons JackinIrons
Posts: 1,490
Ella Day - The Lawn
right-aligned image

Ella nodded to Annabelle with a smile. She didn't have any objection to leading the other kids to her house. Or rather, the Dunn household that she lived with. After just a moment, the Hollow found herself fascinated by the exchange between the nerd girl and the male wallflower. She had guessed that Annabelle liked girls, but to have it confirmed was a different matter. But even more interesting was to hear that Link had that kind of affect on her. It was that thought that made the rumors about the boy make sense.

Even as she was thinking and processing the scene, Brick seemed like he wasn't going to join them, and Ella found her eyes watching him as he made his goodbyes to Aurora. The chess captain was a curious sort, though Ella had never been able to get a lot from him. Whenever she was around, he seemed distant and she was curious as to why that was. And her gaze traveled again as he mentioned the baseball team. Before she could stop herself, she spoke softly to nobody in particular, "Is it a fight, you think? Or maybe they're talking to Timothy?"

Mara spoke just as softly as she looked in the group's direction, "If it's one of those, we should stay out of it. Or go get someone, at best." Ella looked to her friend, somewhat surprised by her reticence. The girl had a reputation for caring about a lot of things, but she wasn't stupid about it. But even as Ella looked at her in askance, Mara edged closer to see if she could see anything.

As Mara was trying to deduce what the boys were doing, Ella looked over the other kids who remained and she gave them all a bright smile, "So, off to my house. And bowling later. If anyone wants off the ride or has to do something first, let me know before I start walking please." She watched for signs of anyone else bailing, then on a whim, she grinned at Sam and spoke to him in a slightly playful tone, "Be careful, Sam. If you hang out surrounded by girls all the time, people might start looking at you more."
__________________
Life and hospitals suck at times. Starting to catch up now.
  #13  
Old 02-19-2019, 08:39 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 17722
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 5,843
On the lawnThe ladies agree: first be responsible and study at Ella's house. Then, later, head off to the bowling alley, which by reputation would be a less responsible use of their time.

Aurora dismisses Brick, informing him that chess club is not in the cards. He understands; she's never really seemed passionate about it. As he departs, Aurora watches the baseball team. What she sees does not reassure her. There is lots of whispering and laughing and back-slapping. Which is hardly unusual, but rarely signifies teen boys with wholesome plans. A few come, a few go. More than a few appear but then are not seen again, heading around the back of the school.

As she watches their comings and goings, a noxious voice echoes across the lawn. "HEY SPANKY!" comes an overly-macho voice. Aurora, at least, knows that this is a common name for Brick. The rumors that would give him such a name are self-evident. "SPANKY! You're rolling in all that poon, and you walked away empty-handed? They're just HANDING it out! C'mon bro!" A few perfunctory sycophantic laughs follow. The shouter is Marcus Winters, The Bull's right-hand man. The sycophants include a few members of the football team and Forrest Davis.

Brick stops in his tracks, equidistant between the doors to the school, his taunters, and the group of Ella, Annabelle, and Aurora. He doesn't seem sure if he should respond, flee, or maintain his dignity by ingoring the situation. His face is turning beet red as the option of "maintain your dignity" recedes into the distance.
__________________
GM of Uncaged: Our Fair Maidens, a folklore-inspired D&D 5e one-shot adventure module.
  #14  
Old 02-19-2019, 09:59 PM
Shylocke's Avatar
Shylocke Shylocke is online now
Lies and Trickery
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 6039
Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke Shylocke
Posts: 8,055
Link Faust
right-aligned image
"I kinda meant have a friend video it for you..." Link tries to defend his lazily concocted plan, lamely it has to be said. Whatever, seemed like a non-starter. Maybe he could shadow her for a time, just like he did Ella. Of course that was mostly after school, Deza sounded like the kind of prick who picked his spots in the dark alleys on campus. He had to think of something better, maybe Aurora would have something he could use, she had to put up with Deza a lot. He couldn't just leave Becky twisting in the wind.

Thankfully, Becky brings up the topic of Aurora so he doesn't have to. If he did it'd sound defensive in the covering up sort of way. While she sounds a little forlorn, he can still see that spark, that chemistry they have for some reason still at work. "There is no me and Aurora. Ruth started that ****. I told you she was crazy... Naw, that ain't why we're here at all. We're here 'cause I got real problem keeping my hands off you... and I'm pretty sure you like it." Link steps in close, grabbing for Becky's waist and
Dice Turn Someone On:
2d6+2 (6, 2)+2 Total = 10
fixing her with a familiar hungry grin.
  #15  
Old 02-23-2019, 03:49 PM
timplausible's Avatar
timplausible timplausible is offline
Old School - or just old
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-17-2019
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
Posts: 2,096
Aurora
left-aligned image
When the taunting starts, Aurora turns around to observe the situation. She sees Brick looking distressed and turning red. What does that feel like? she wonders. Then she turns her attention to the jocks - their sneering faces, the body language of their cruelty-bonding. There's a similarity there to when Ginny and her crew pick on Aurora. Only with a more blunt, male aspect. Then Aurora looks back at Brick. He's almost beet red now. Everyone else reacts so strongly to words, she thinks. They feel it in their souls. Why don't I? Is my soul gone?

Then Aurora gets an idea. It's crazy, and she likes the craziness. The idea makes her feel something. What feeling is it? Is it fear? Is it excitement? Is it revulsion? The feeling is so small, and when she tries to grasp it, it slips away. Aurora decides to chase it, so she marches boldly across lawn towards Brick.

Brick is so distracted by the taunting, that he doesn't see Aurora until she is right next to him. The surprise of her arrival seems to momentarily displace he embarrassment. He looks at her with confusion.

"I think maybe this will help," she says to Brick flatly. "But don't read too much into it." With that, she puts her hand behind Brick's head, pushes up on her toes and leans into him, then gives him a short, forceful kiss on the mouth. Then she pulls away, let's go of Brick's head, and drops back onto her heels. She looks at Brick's exceedingly confused expression, and notes his usual paleness returning. The little thing inside her that she wanted to grab is gone, and she feels empty again. Except... maybe not quite so empty as before? Across the lawn, she hears the noises coming from the jocks change, but she doesn't react.

"Go play chess," she says to Brick. Then, before he can recover his composure and say anything, she turns and walks back towards the girls. And Sam. Sam... she thinks briefly as she looks at his expression. Huh. But then she shakes off that thought and focuses her mind on the new things the jocks are saying. Again, it makes her feel something. Something small and undefined. But it causes a small smile to come to her lips.

"Okay then," she says to everyone when she gets back. "Let's go study."

 
__________________
Look at me! I have time to post! [OMINOUS_VOICE]For now...[/OMINOUS_VOICE]

Last edited by timplausible; 02-27-2019 at 12:34 PM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:23 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB