RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-02-2012, 12:23 PM
Aged Cheddar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13947
sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel
Alright, I got it! Gnoll Sorcerer-King Warlock/Vampire. The Gnoll is inherently mangy and gives me that predatory feel I wanted. I can also take Claw Fighter if I need a weapon option. The Sorcerer-King Pact gives me the radiation I wanted (with Radiant and Necrotic damage tucked in there), and the Fell Might gives that feeling of building and receding power. The Vampire gives him the weaknesses of the feral ghouls (they don't exactly get out in the sun much!), along with the brutal nature of their assault.

Workable?
Old 02-02-2012, 03:03 PM
Evil Overlord

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3547
Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac Carmac
Hi, I'm posting interest in this - will get a proper app up shortly....
Old 02-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Immortal Celtic Monk

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1985
Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor Connor
Oh yeah... what level are we working with now?

I have to figure out what in 4e makes for a comparable Alistair.

Edit: Probably just go with Psion. It's pretty close to the same set up... but I will need to figure out a way to get clones/copies of myself as per the doppleganger power set. Or maybe Ardent... or a hybrid. Something Psion and/or Shadow... Well let me look and consider.

Thinking Kalashar or a Reworked Shardmind as my race. Though Human or Shade would work just as well. I am open to your opinion. The first two give telepathy as a natural ability, whereas Psion gives it to you a class ability... so I am undecided at what works best.

Edit: I decided on a Kalashar Telepathic Psion (Shaper Focus), as the first ability allows me a fragment (clone) which mirrors what I am looking for.

Last edited by Connor; 02-02-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:09 PM
Death! By Snoo Snoo!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1882
Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk Duderk

Last edited by Duderk; 02-03-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Just a Few Sea Shells

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32949
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammichweasel View Post
It does! However, Hugs mentioned something about not wanting to use the GW stuff, and I see this as a personal challenge right now^.^
Hah If you are comfortable with GW, I am ok for you to use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammichweasel View Post
Alright, I got it! ...

Workable?
That's...insane

Now, tell me how you are going to re-flavour all his ranged magical abilities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by connor
Oh yeah... what level are we working with now?
Still level 1. Remember, PbP is slow We have managed a single battle, and have had a day's worth of travelling!

Duderk - no rolling in this thread; stats will be rolled when characters are accepted and added to the main game. Was there some formatting issues in your post? It looked like there should have been tables, but instead it was just a text dump - rather hard to follow. I also didn't see any actual power choices?

mightymconeshot => taking over Tommas
Duderk => interested in taking over Malphonse
saratek187 => interested
sammichweasel => interested (some ghoul abomination)
Connor => interested in retaking Alistair (Kalashar Telepathic Psion (Shaper Focus))
Carmac => interested
Old 02-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Aged Cheddar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13947
sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel
Hand of Blight (his only ranged power right now) is him releasing a concentrated blast of radiation (briefly "glowing"). He does not like to do this, because it HURTS. Armor of Agarwhatever is him basically letting the radiation leech out of him, putting a bit of a blip on the Geiger counter.

And I wouldn't be having this much fun if I thought on the level all the time ^.^

*edut* Right, explanation. I said he doesn't like to do it, so I could put a limit on it (sorta like your ammo limits), so he doesn't have an unfair advantage of an infinitely repeatable ranged attack. Twice per fight, then maybe starts taking damage or something.

Also, I really like being half-vamp because of the functionally reduced durability. Decidedly entertaining.

Last edited by sammichweasel; 02-02-2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Just a Few Sea Shells

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32949
hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek hvg3akaek
OK, time to get a submission written up, then
Old 02-02-2012, 09:03 PM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9366
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
While I am interested, I won't be applying. Looks like a good game, but there are a few things going on for me that will keep me out of this game. Thank you, though.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:11 AM
Still Cuddly, Still Fuzzy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14067
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Hey all. Current player here. So, umm, guys? Any chance you could tone down the weird stuff? While some of us had fantastic abilities, we were all human. We were also supposed to re-purpose our supernatural abilities so they were either technological (like grenades) or at least explainable (fancy kung fu moves). Some did it better than others.

If you really want to be creative, try turning your gargoyle, half-dragon, lich, psion/factotum gestalt into something more mundane and yet still fantastic to read about. Just a thought.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:58 AM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
I was going to create a human nomad type that has a sword and a shotgun, but hvg's game mechanics bother me. While role-play is important, and I'm generally one of those "RP first" kinda people, I have to have mechanics that make sense for me to even get started. I just felt like I was going to get gimped on skills seeing as I needed 2 Weapon Skills and had to take Survival. Advancement really screwed with me, so I decided to pass at this junction. d20 modern might have worked for it, but the conversion was all kinds of screwy.

The other option was to use Gamma World, but someone has already said about not using Gamma World, so...
Old 02-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Immortal Celtic Monk

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvg3akaek View Post
Hah If you are comfortable with GW, I am ok for you to use it
Then consider Alistair done. In which I mean I will simply use the same set up as before and you can place me back in as you see fit.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:08 AM
Still Cuddly, Still Fuzzy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14067
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Suit yourself. I like it.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:19 AM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
See I could make it using GW and be pretty happy with it. 4e DnD is kinda funky for this set up. D20 Modern seems more complicated to transfer. I understand where he is going as it's not a foreign system given I've played the games, I'm just trying to figure out something relatively easy to create, but also fit the character concept I have.

So far Gamma World is the only one that works for this, but as he said, he'd rather not deal with GW. My idea is actually pretty simple to convert, imo, but I'm not running the game.
Old 02-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Immortal Celtic Monk

Tools
User Statistics
If Sammich and myself are using GW and Hugs is okay with it, simply ask if it's okay for you to use it as well. Not beyond the realm of the ordinary, and if it's not too insane of an idea, then it probably will fit nicely into the system.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:16 AM
Breaker of 4th Walls

Tools
User Statistics
Something I thought of in response to Kenneth's request for the less weird:

You have to remember that your characters are from the Vault, thus sheltered to the outside world until now. New, original characters can't be from a vault and thus native wastelanders more or less. This aspects allows the "weird" to be more common as we have been susceptible to the hazards and effects of the wasteland for our entire lives and probably for previous generations. Odd stuff may be more common to us.

EDIT: I actually had a brain fart with my concept in regards to classes in 4e and forgot about one of the ones I enjoyed quite a bit and actually kinda works. Going to work out both and see which one seems better to me.

Last edited by saratek187; 02-03-2012 at 03:26 AM.