Other Defenders, Assemble! (Mutants and Masterminds 3e) - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 4 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 03-20-2014, 08:53 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Interested. I'm an old hand at 2e as well and I'm just coming up to speed with 3e. (Also thanks to KosKallah) But now that I've made a character in 3e I have to agree with him.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 445
Judgement of God Judgement of God Judgement of God Judgement of God Judgement of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
What sort of posting expectations are you thinking for the game kind sir?
Once a day would be nice, but 3 or four times a week would be adequate. work with me and I'll work with you.

Last edited by Judgement of God; 03-20-2014 at 08:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:58 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Judgement of God Judgement of God Judgement of God Judgement of God Judgement of God
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
Interested. I'm an old hand at 2e as well and I'm just coming up to speed with 3e. (Also thanks to KosKallah) But now that I've made a character in 3e I have to agree with him.
Welcome aboard! 2e is great, but 3e is even more flexible.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:59 PM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35930
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
Plethora of games popping up for superheroes. That's a good thing. Blackbird's also doing one...cool. I'll keep my eye on this. :-)
Old 03-20-2014, 11:52 PM
Master of Disappearing

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2103
Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth Mcderth
Posting interest I've played a little of 2e and 3e, so I have no qualms with either. Once I get everything else caught up tonight I'll come fill in some character details.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:30 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 170
Rakoth Rakoth
HMM. I've never played a M&M game before, but I am having abysmal luck finding a Champions game. Would you mind terribly if I pestered you with a few questions in PMs, Judgement of God, and possibly impose upon your game with my complete lack of familiarity of the system?
Old 03-21-2014, 01:05 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakoth View Post
HMM. I've never played a M&M game before, but I am having abysmal luck finding a Champions game. Would you mind terribly if I pestered you with a few questions in PMs, Judgement of God, and possibly impose upon your game with my complete lack of familiarity of the system?
Questions: go right ahead
Newbieness: I'm kind of a newb GM, so I wont blame you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcderth View Post
Posting interest I've played a little of 2e and 3e, so I have no qualms with either. Once I get everything else caught up tonight I'll come fill in some character details.
Welcome aboard!
Old 03-21-2014, 02:27 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16659
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
So are we supposed to PM our apps to you Judgement? Or can we post them here?
Old 03-21-2014, 02:30 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by GleefulNihilism View Post
So are we supposed to PM our apps to you Judgement? Or can we post them here?
I would prefer if they were posted here
Old 03-21-2014, 05:48 AM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Character CreationPlayer Name: GleefulNihilism
Character Name: Pan AKA Faunus AKA The Horned God
Power Level: 9
In Brief: Ancient Pagan God forced into an Ultra-Modern world, and becomes something more. The God of Superheroes.

Alternate Identity: None. Pan is a God, and sees no need for such a thing.
Identity: Public, though not believed. The common opinion is that Pan is a greek metahuman who either thinks he's the mythological God or is somehow attempting to cash in on the pagan god imagery. It's public knowledge that Pan claims to genuinely be the ancient pagan god, but very few actually believe him - let alone believe in him.
Birthplace: The Arcadia region of Greece.
Affiliations: Doctors Without Borders, Greenpeace.
Family: The Ancient Greek Pantheon - though how the relations actually breakdown is actually unknown. There is a myth that Pan is the son of the trickster god Hermes and a Wood Nymph - but the myths also say that Pan is a veteran of the Titan-God War which would make Pan far older then his "father". A popular interpretation is that the Greek Gods were his family by adoption, but Pan himself is actually a holdover of something even older.

Description: The Myths actually proved to be surprisingly accurate in this regard. A Satyr-God; Pan has hairy goat-like legs, horns growing from his hairline like those of a young male goat, and a small tail sticking from the base of his spine. Some facial structure suggests there's more goat-like alterations inside his body. Otherwise he looks like a handsome male of heavy Mediterranean descent. Dresses like he's camping with loose, comfortable clothing - and claims he's only bothering at all as a concession to this being a Human world now and that if it were up to him he'd go nude. This claim seems to be more along the lines of logic of a wild animal then a sexual thing, in his defense.
Age: Unknown, claims to predate the invention of the Calender. Will admit that somewhere between 10,000 to 6,000 years feels about right.
Apparent Age: Mid-20's to Early-30's.
Ethnicity: Mediterranean in Appearance. Claims to actually be Divine.
Height: 5'7" (6'1" if you include the Horns)
Weight: 195 lbs.
Eyes: Startlingly Green, like Ivy Green.
Hair: Brown

Power Descriptions:
His claim that he is in fact the pagan God does seem to be backed up, as there tends to be displays depending on what part of his portfolio he is accessing. Plants grow with the Nature domain, light with Virility, sounds with Music, etc. What happens with the Shepherd domain not even he knows - and he's starting to wonder if that domain is turning into a Superheroes domain.

History:
What he claims to be his history is now on public record, if very few people actually believe it. He claims that he's at least 6,000 years old - from a difference age of humanity. A time of Magic, Superstition, and Gods. He remembers a time of Titans, of monsters that destroyed everything that dared disrupt anything they viewed as perfect and from their children came the race of the Gods. Pan isn't really sure where he came from, he just knew that when Zeus led his rebellion against the Titans to claim the throne for his own and to free the world from the "perfect" cycles of destruction and stagnation of the Titans, he answered the call for battle.

With control of the world wrestled from the Titans and put in the hands of the Gods, Humans began to prosper. It wasn't a perfect arrangement, for the Gods could in their own ways be petty and cruel but the Gods let humanity Grow and for that alone they were at least superior to the Titans.

The rise of Greece, and the power of Stories worked toward the Gods and Pan took his place as a god of the Wild Things. Shunning the cities and the politics he would take to Nature, making sure the natural world was fertile and continued on its own. The song of birds showed his devotion to music, and many settlements on the edge of civilization prospered from his blessing - especially shepherds.

The Tragedy would happen some point between 14 to 37 AD. The wild, lecher God tried to be monogamous with the nymph Echo and together they had a daughter - the Goddess of Laughter and Verse, Iambe. However, Iambe went to join the muses and told the God of Wine Dionysus. Getting too drunk to deliver the message, Iambe appeared to have gone missing to her parents and Echo began to search for her - meanwhile Pan's faithfulness to his love had faltered with the lesser moon goddess Selene. Echo took her own life as a result, and what exactly what happened to Pan is a mystery but a sailor of the time period is said to have heard a divine voice command him to spread the word that Pan was dead.

Time moved forward, civilizations came and went. A few years ago an archaeological team in Arcadia, Greece found via underground sonar images suggesting a completely lost temple to Pan. A temple without entrances or exists, buried under a hundred feet of soil for thousands of years. And when they managed to begin excavation, after the digging, a rumor immediately began of something in the dark that moved. Something impossible.

Pan appeared in Athens not long after that, unusual and a bit unsettling in that he claimed to literately be a God - admittedly less powerful from not being worshiped but a genuine God none-the-less. He seems to mean well though.

Personality & Motivation:
According to legends he was a wild and lecherous god and all of that is still present, but he's developed a side to himself not even he was expecting. Yes, he still prefers living in the wilds- but he also has developed feelings for humanity comparable to the feelings that a proud parent has for a child. Feeling that the worship of ancient gods would rob humanity of it's magnificence, he requests that he not be worshiped passionately. Not that it does any good, as neo-paganism is skyrocketing thanks to reemergence. Wiccan extremists often fight each other in claiming to be his high priesthood while conservative Christians just want him to die and burn everything he's ever touched to ash.

That ultimately is why he does what he does. He sees himself as a sort of protective uncle of the human race, getting ready to see the "kids" grow up and be on their own - and ready to squish like a big anything that gets in their way.

Powers & Tactics:
"Do you think about moving your individual leg muscles when you walk? Of course not, and neither do I. I'm a God, something don't have an explanation - they just are. I can work with the plants and animals, and form with the plants, because I am the God of Nature. I can heal others because I am the God of Virility. I only worry about my domain as God of Shepherds. I can feel that it has changed - but I can't tell you how. It is unsettling."
Old 03-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 320
Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2 Ravage_mk2
Space that can travel fast enough to explore other solar systems are in the final stages of development; indeed, if the recent chaos had not diverted funds and attention to it, the first extra-solar colony ships would have been already launched.

Darn Distractions, then again it could be a good thing depending on.....

There has been Aliens, but the governments have agreed to keep it under raps for the time being.

No sense causing yet more world wide panic then we already have, especially if some of the neighbours are less... friendly..

Magic Has, actually, been existent for all of human history; its just been low level, even the most powerful mages weak enouph to not be noticed; now its suddenly been cranked up to a hundred.

So basicly alot of legends and such are true, just never really "proven" by modern science.

Though it would not surprise me of a magical trigger helped "spark" the current heroes/villains situation.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7378
Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade Nightshade
Withdrawn

Last edited by Nightshade; 03-22-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Imperial Governor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4014
Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod Tripod
Is there a specific city we'll be in?
Old 03-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Ancient Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 549
Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy Anarchy
Posting interest.

Last edited by Anarchy; 03-25-2014 at 04:44 PM.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:55 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
Comments and Critique are welcome by the way.