RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 10-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Paladin in Training

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 151
Fingmaniac Fingmaniac
Yi overlooked the 50pt buy i need to make sure my stats are legit
Old 10-23-2017, 01:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 413
Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram Shakram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paean View Post
Starting Level: 15
All D&D 3.5 books and classes are allowed
Homebrew allowed within reason as well as other sources like pathfinder.

I know this is a pretty broad question but what is the general rule for Pathfinder material?

Here are two more specific questions. What if there is a difference between the D&D 3.5 Class and the Pathfinder version? Like the Soulknife:

3.5: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/classes/soulknife.htm

Pathfinder: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/psionics-unl...sses/soulknife

Is the pathfinder version acceptable?

In the case of a Pathfinder only class like the Summoner (Eidolon)?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner

With soulknife you can choose the one thats better for you. You can choose classes from pathfinder or homebrew something you wish to play, however with the Summoner Eidolon I didnt see information on the types of evolutions that were available for the summoning. Other than that I think it looks fine.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:21 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5816
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
We can use pathfinder stuff? OK, that opens things up a bit. All the eidolon stuff is on there, they have a whole page dedicated to it.

Last edited by Unforgiven; 10-23-2017 at 01:21 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
OOOOOOOO I am very interested. We are not doing Gesalt, just standard one class right? With 50 point buy, it will be pretty op to start.

I am definitely going to make a necromancer type, that is by far my favorite archetype, and alignment is irreverent. I do play evil characters where they can work with other players, and I never use CE characters outside of Drow, and they play like LE or NE not CE because Lolth makes them.

SO, build will be caster type, necromancy specialty. This will be my placeholder post and I will have a character built soon with a background and such.

Ok sounds good your welcome to be as evil as you want to be. Of course opposing alignment characters may clash with you, but hey you cant please everyone. Sounds interesting!

Last edited by Shakram; 10-23-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
We can use pathfinder stuff? OK, that opens things up a bit. All the eidolon stuff is on there, they have a whole page dedicated to it.
Ok cool, got a link?

BTW welcome!
Old 10-23-2017, 01:36 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven Unforgiven
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base...moner/eidolons

Ok, here is the Eidolon link, I also want to make sure you know that in almost every case, pathfinder base classes are better than 3.5 ones? For example, I am looking at running Undead Lord(cleric) and well... wizard is the same, and then taking true necromancer from 3.5. And pathfinder cleric is FAR superior to the 3.5 version, with way more healing and such potential.

Last edited by Unforgiven; 10-23-2017 at 01:38 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:43 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 287
btccg btccg btccg
Question - do we all HAVE to run encounters as well? What if we are more interested in simply playing the game instead of running an encounter at some point due to time committments, etc. Just wondering what the expectation is on this aspect of the application....
Old 10-23-2017, 01:44 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
Also, thought of another question, We will be starting with enough money and power at 15th level, can I spend half(120000) my gold to have become a lich by 15th level?

Last edited by Unforgiven; 10-23-2017 at 01:45 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:49 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 111
Paean Paean
Quote:
Thank you for posting that link Unforgiven!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakram View Post

With soulknife you can choose the one thats better for you. You can choose classes from pathfinder or homebrew something you wish to play, however with the Summoner Eidolon I didnt see information on the types of evolutions that were available for the summoning. Other than that I think it looks fine.
That will make choosing class a little tougher! I'm definitely more interested in a 'simpler' character instead of a spell-heavy one, despite the fact that casters rule at high levels.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Lord Inquisitor

Tools
User Statistics
No worries mate! Summoner is not bad on spells, they are very light for a spellcaster.

If you go pathfinder base class they scale much better at high levels. That was why I was surprised that they were allowed. Except wizard, which is good enough that it just stayed the same.

Last edited by Unforgiven; 10-23-2017 at 01:52 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 01:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccg View Post
Question - do we all HAVE to run encounters as well? What if we are more interested in simply playing the game instead of running an encounter at some point due to time committments, etc. Just wondering what the expectation is on this aspect of the application....
As I mentioned in the first post I will be the main DM so if someone had real life stuff to do thats fine, however eventually I would hope everyone can run an encounter. No worries real life always trumps game life.

Last edited by Shakram; 10-23-2017 at 01:57 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:04 PM
LͫOͤRͫDͤ

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3648
Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus Alphaeus
DEAR GOD.

I had sworn I would not start another campaign while I was DMing...but...but

AHAHHAHAHAAH

Alright. Character will be incoming.

@Shakram

When is deadline, btw?

Business as Usual, Posting Normal
Old 10-23-2017, 02:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Also, thought of another question, We will be starting with enough money and power at 15th level, can I spend half(120000) my gold to have become a lich by 15th level?

Sure you can be a litch however the +LA is lower in pathfinder we are playing D&D 3.5 so use the +LA already listed.

Quote:
Level Adjustment
Same as the base creature +4.
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/lich.htm
Old 10-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaeus View Post
DEAR GOD.

I had sworn I would not start another campaign while I was DMing...but...but

AHAHHAHAHAAH

Alright. Character will be incoming.

@Shakram

When is deadline, btw?
Your welcome to come in anytime, I plan to run a long campaign so players will come and go. There is no deadline just join when your ready. BTW welcome!

Last edited by Shakram; 10-23-2017 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-23-2017, 02:08 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 287
btccg btccg btccg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakram View Post

As I mentioned in the first post I will be the main DM so if someone had real life stuff to do thats fine, however eventually I would hope everyone can run an encounter. No worries real life always trumps game life.
Kewl. Sorry, just not really interested in running any encounters right now due to too much going on IRL, but I am sure there are enough other folks that want to run something that I won't be missed so much.

Posting interest - character concept forthcoming. Will probably be monster creature with RHD and LA...