Shadowrun A Light Shining in Darkness - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 4 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 01-07-2019, 07:07 PM
Black Magic Woman

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3173
Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity Trinity
A goody two shoes campaign in SR? Finally! <3

So Kira's got a bit of snowflake in her but not really anything that would really matter in game. Just fluff mostly. Her being a spike baby is pretty much just for flashback vignettes since she's never been into inquiring power or wealth (cause she's to lazy/money was always just there so she never thought about it).

I couldn't find Moon Maiden in 5e (but she's in 4e) so I figure since it's the same world (and the npcs in the books talk about stuff from the past) she'd still be a thing.

I think that's all the questionable things.

Serenity
left-aligned image

Fake Sin:
Hair: White Eyes: Blue
Ht: 5'8” Wt: 115
Age: ? She doesn't look a day over 20 (Kira was born in 1997, but she keeps this to herself, maybe she was born in 1907? as a spike baby?)
Metatype: Elf
Role: Magician
Experience Level: Lore: Very experienced. Rules: Kind of out of practice.

Last edited by Trinity; 01-07-2019 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-07-2019, 08:59 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16659
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Added something to the app to make it a bit more obvious his skill set. Basically, Pat punches things and is always just a little smarter then you expect him to be. :P

And yes, I did do all that to set up that pun.

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; 01-07-2019 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:07 AM
Runeforger

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1447
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayNinja View Post
Some quick preliminary feedback:
I understand, and I'm willing to take the essence hit for that. After doing some diving around, I can get a datajack and a chipjack for pretty cheap, and the only thing I'm really needing is possibly a data filter, but they haven't made one for 5th. (4th had it though: cost 0.2 essence had 12 AVA and was 2,500).

Otherwise I've got her built and she's definitely very capable socially, and a decent fighter up close. She should be useful to a group...

Also considering the number of adept applications, I may want to change or something.

Last edited by Runetide; 01-08-2019 at 08:15 AM.
Old 01-08-2019, 07:30 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer
Developers have stated Adept Ways like Martial Arts cost karma but are not positive/negative qualities.

@DM, how do you play it?
Old 01-08-2019, 08:27 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2898
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIniSchnauzer View Post
Developers have stated Adept Ways like Martial Arts cost karma but are not positive/negative qualities.

@DM, how do you play it?
From what I've seen, the clarification was that they do not double in cost after chargen, but they still count toward your positive quality limit. That seems reasonable to me.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6031
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Ok, can't resist. I had an idea for a homeless troll a while ago that would work nicely for this game so I might as well flesh him out.
Application
right-aligned image
Runner Name/Real Name:Shepherd or Shep/Julius Wagner
Metatype: Troll
Role: PhysAdept Muscle
Build:

Appearance: See pic. An aging Troll with a rough but kindly face. Just over 9' tall with muscles to match. No cyber to identify, just a long coat and a huge 6' wooden stick (about 3" in diameter with a troll head carved into one end. Looks like a troll sized cane, but he only limps occasionally as situations demand.

Backstory:
A life on the streetsCall it a stereotype or irony or necessity, really, call it what you will. Julius was born under a bridge in the Seattle sprawl in 2041. In a city built for tinies and never retrofitted, there really are not may places for a troll to live, especially a troll with no money, which is to say most of them. His parents did their best, but born SINless, there weren't many options. Bouncer for certifieds, kink shows, drug running, and a few others. Whatever could get food in their stomachs So that's the way he grew up, scrounging for clothing and begging for food outside of Stuffershacks. When his father took a dangerous job at the docks and was drowned, his mother, worried she would not be able to keep Julius safe on her own joined the Trogs. Remember that gang? It was around in the 50's and 60's. Gang lfe chewed her up and spit her out, drug addicted and helpless. Julius, a teenager at that point, took care of her until she got her hands on the final dose and faded away.

He knew nothing else, so he joined the other homeless masses, banding together for safety and, occasionally, betrayal by desperation. Julius felt something inside him, a drive to protect those forgotten and downtrodden people. Perhaps it was the first pull of his mentor spirit, maybe it was those few years of taking care of his mother. Either way, it felt good and for the first time he saw his curse as a troll as a blessing. With his size he could protect the smaller and weaker. His fellow homeless took to calling him Shepherd for the way he watched over them, and only a few of the old timers remember his real name.

By chance, Shep met a dwarf ten years ago that changed his life. His sensei, Fumiko, spotted his awakened aura and took him under her wing She taught him her martial art, Bo, and how to channel his inner power to accomplish amazing feats. A Master of Aikido and Bo, Fumiko tried to teach him the benefits of both, but In the quietness of meditation, Shep's mentor spirit intruded telling him to go out and use his gifts and stop squandering them. The Dragonslayer inside screamed there were people to protect and their tormentors to set to right.

Volunteer?Not sure how your game is going to start, but it is quite likely that Shep would already know of or even be actively working with New Life. I'm good either way, but let me know so I can do his contacts accordingly.

Role-Play Sample:
Here's my favorite SR post on this site. But here is Shep's POV.
One of the flock"Hey, Doug. Whuddya say? It's gettin' a little cold out, chummer." Even crouched with is long arms crossed over his knees, Shep would have towered over the man he was talking to. But Doug lay curled in a ball with all his worldly possessions piled in random plastic bags about him in the alley he was currently calling home. Drool was blending in with the gentle rain to soak his cardboard mat. The troll soldiered on through his sales pitch nonetheless, "Want a warm meal? Maybe a cot to sleep on?" Doug was unresponsive and Shep let out a hissing sigh through his teeth. He closed his eyes and unwrapped his arms, gently grasping his giant hands around the fence pole he used as a walking stick. *Tick, --, Tick, --, Tick* He gently rapped the stick against his left horn, forehead, and right horn and back again trying to think. It wasn't right to force Doug into the shelter against his will. It could do more harm than good, he knew. From experience.

"Hoi, lookie here!" An annoying teenager shouted over to his punk friend standing next to him. Shep opened his eyes with his head still downcast and looked at their shoes. Cutters. The colors were all over them. "Doug got himself a bodyguard!" The troll rotated his eyes up to look at the ork and human gangers as they continued their bravado, "Good idea, Doug!" the ork yelled overly loud to the comatose body through a cupped hand, "Dumb idea, but good idea." Geniuses. "Listen, gramps, buzz. Doug here has some biz to take care of. DON'T YOU DOUG?"

Shep didn't have time to talk them down. And he really didn't want to. Doug was a friend. They'd be back even if he chased them away this time. They were standing far enough out of his reach, but they didn't factor in his stick. Typical. The two kids had about enough time to register his movement with a micro dilation of their eyes before it happened to them. Shep swept his stick behind the ork's back and drove him behind, face first into the brick wall. The human was faster and almost got out of the way, but the other end was able to hook under his leg at his knee. Shep lifted his weapon and took a single troll step, hopping the ganger back on one foot four times before dropping his head on an old fire hydrant. That was it, the fight was over before they knew it was happening

He checked to make sure they were not permanently hurt before stooping and threading Doug's bags onto his stick. without even a grunt, he lifted Doug over his shoulder (checking for headroom first) and began his walk back to the shelter. "Sorry, chummer. But you understand right?" Doug vomited down his back. That was good enough.

Experience Level: Pretty familiar with SR5 and have played two games here and multiple editions through the years. Usually play Sammie's so I have a good handle on combat.

Last edited by UngainlyFool; 01-19-2019 at 01:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:03 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 169
Sir Swindle Sir Swindle
So he is basically a reformed Black Panther (depending on your view of the Sons of Sauron). I think the important thing is he is generally moral.
EDIT: Additional note. I did very brief research on what were the nicer and worse parts of Seattle. I may have gotten things wrong or the micro-alt-verse where the RP sample takes place has a different socio-economic distribution than the real/game world. Either way, my bad.

Lancelot
Runner Name/Real Name: Lancelot / Billy Monroe
Metatype: Orc
Role: Street Samurai (Knight in Shining Armor)
Build:
Meta: C
Abilities: B
Magic: E
Skills: D
Wealth: A

Appearance: Going to try and get a picture soon.

Backstory:

Role-Play Sample:

Experience Level:

Last edited by Sir Swindle; 01-09-2019 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:21 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1140
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
One of my first apps on here, bringing her back for this game.
Grace is primarily a healer, and as such doesn't fill as much of a traditional party role. In addition, she doesn't bring a lot to the table combat-wise but can hold her own when necessary. As such she can pretty much be tacked onto any team without upsetting balance. Think of her as a glorified street doc that you can bring with you.

Bedside Manner
right-aligned image
Name/Handle: Zeta Engels, aka "Grace"
Metatype: Human, SINless; Georgia to Seattle, medical missions
Party Role: Healer; part-time summoner, face

"Yes, I'm a missionary kid. No, my parents wouldn't approve. So why am I mixed up with a bunch of Shadowrunners? It's simple: they need Grace the most."

Description: Grace is young, in her early 20s, with a simple aesthetic and a calming voice. Her well-worn clothes peg her as street raff, but this is in strong contrast to her simple beauty and bright astral signature. She wears persistent concern like a hairstyle, as though she carries the weight of all Seattle's sick, injured, and lost somewhere in the back of her mind. But she's decisive, confident, spirited, and kind, with a huge soft spot for the rejects of society, including Shadowrunners.

Background: She was dying, and the doctors didn't know why. Some kind of Sixth World toxin, or awakened virus, or unheard-of genetic disorder, or maybe none of those. They just didn't have enough resources in the free clinic in rural Georgia, so they kept her stable and did the only thing they could: pray. But by a miracle she recovered, and her parents pledged themselves to the church then & there, heading Northwest for medical missions in the greater Seattle area as soon as she was able to travel.

At least, that's how they told it.
They didn't mention that they'd also borrowed money from a small-time mob in the nearest city to pay for high-grade medical implants. They didn't mention that they fled to Seattle to escape that debt. And they didn't mention that they funded part of their mission through the sale of prescription medical supplies. It was a struggle for her when she found out the truth, and maybe that's what drove her to the Shadows. Her parents didn't like her consorting with criminals, but "Grace", as she's known on the streets, finds her purpose in bringing aid to the people who need it the most.

(Draft)

Last edited by AlphaZ; 01-19-2019 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool UngainlyFool
Done with Shep. I'll flesh out his sheet if you need more than I provided.
Old 01-09-2019, 02:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1449
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
I’ve got Jonas as done as he can be without filling out a sheet.
Old 01-09-2019, 03:56 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16659
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
As long as we’re doing this, Patrikos is done. Might even be able to find a sheet.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2898
RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja RainyDayNinja
More feedback:

Old 01-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1449
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Old 01-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 01-09-2019, 05:44 PM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5376
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50

Last edited by taleteller50; 01-09-2019 at 05:54 PM.