Old 04-06-2019, 03:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 866
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Game NameStar Wars: The Clone Wars
Game SystemStar Wars D6 Revised, by West End Games. This is WEG40120, with the Millennium Falcon on the cover, not the fanmade update.
ThemeAdventure, victory, and loss during the twilight of the Republic
FlavourBright, dark, comedic, serious, with the grim backdrop of war
Plot Summary
Star Wars: The Clone Wars

The Galactic Republic, having grown comfortable with one thousand years of peace, has been shaken by the sudden onset of war. Many parties once belonging to the Republic have rebelled and joined the Confederacy of Independent Systems, a splinter government led by Count Dooku, former Jedi Master turned Sith Lord. They seek to conquer the Republic, supposedly to "liberate" it from the tyranny of self-serving bureaucrats in the Senate.

In these desperate times, the Republic needs all the help it can get to survive, even from sources they'd ordinarily turn their backs on. Yet another group of valiant fighters is soon to meet, perhaps destined by the Force to fulfill a great role in resisting the fast approaching darkness. Or, might they succumb to it?

NOTE: At this time, this campaign has been cancelled. I hope to pick it back up, or another D6 Star Wars campaign, at another time in the future. My apologies to those interested!

Campaign Info

The ongoing campaign will utilize the D6 Revised system by West End Games. There is no appointed end to the plot, as the intent is to keep the game ongoing, telling many stories across many different plots set in the Clone Wars era.

A variety of characters will be welcomed in applications to create a diverse cast which works well together, and which leaves space to occasionally give each player a bit of the spotlight. If you have doubts about whether your archetype is viable, please feel free to ask.

We'll begin one year after the Battle of Geonosis, which our story will regard as the official beginning of the Clone Wars, and proceed into the tale of how our cast comes together in service to the Galactic Republic.

Character Creation and Rules

Character creation will be standard per WEG D6 Revised rules. If you're unfamiliar with this ruleset, don't panic! I'm patient with newcomers. You might find it helpful to pick up a digital copy of the rulebook on a site like DriveThruRPG.com, or you may find all that you need at The D6 Holocron Wiki - including a PDF copy of the rulebook at this link.

Characters have minimum and maximum starting attribute limits per their species (some species may be restricted; inquire if concerned), skill dice to spend in the same manner, and an option of one out of five modifiers offered in this campaign. We will be using the full range of D6 Revised species (except where prohibited), skills, and Force powers.

Please note that I am accepting only ONE trained Jedi Knight to keep the party balanced. I'll also accept someone to be said Knight's Padawan. The Padawan will be a weaker character, but will be given a bit of extra XP whenever it's granted to reflect their learning with tutelage. Appropriate interaction to represent this offers great role-playing opportunities. The Padawan's XP bonus is meant to help you gradually catch up to the party and eventually become a Knight, yourself, assuming you don't die or whatnot. Your Knighting will, in turn, put your teacher a step closer to qualifying as a Jedi Master. Knights begin with 8D+0 to spread between Control, Sense, and Alter. Padawans begin with 3D+0.

Please note that I am not accepting Sith; there are only two in this era. Despite the absence of Sith PCs, you can still fall to the Dark Side, even if you're just a Force Sensitive blindly using your powers!

I value my non-Force Using players as much as those who do use the Force. That's partly why I'm limiting the Force within the group for the time being. I want everyone to shine, no matter what they choose to apply for, and everyone will get their moments in the spotlight.

The bonus options each character may choose from (only one may be chosen):

1. Begin play with your own ship. This can be valued up to a YT-1300 light freighter or equivalently priced starfighter.
2. Begin play with an extra 5000 credits, which may be spent on starting gear.
3. Have a title of some sort, whether you're a Senator, a noble, or something else (no planetary rulers, please). This may impact certain in-character situations.
4. An additional 4D skill dice to spread around as you please.
5. Force Sensitivity. You are not trained, and might never be trained. That depends on how the story goes. You might not even realize that you're Force Sensitive!

Applying

Applying should be relatively painless. I do not require a fully completed sheet before you are chosen. More details help me make the calls, of course, but do what you’re comfortable with. I plan to ultimately take five or so people, a small group, so please don’t feel badly if you’re not chosen. Expect greater scrutinizing of applications for the Knight and Padawan positions, as these players will need to be trustworthy both with power and as two connected characters who would be hurt if one suddenly ditched. Disclaimer: I may have a PC of my own in the campaign since Star Wars games are so rare, not decided, but they’ll have to follow the exact same rules as you do.

Here’s what I’d like to see from you:

Character Name
Species
Profession
Bonus Choice

How does your character view the Clone Wars now that they’ve been taking place for a year and counting?

How does your character view both the Galactic Republic and the Separatists?

What is your character’s view on the Force, if any? On the Jedi Order?

How did your character come to decide that they’d be signing on to aid the Republic (or how did they stumble into that situation)?

Where do you see yourself fitting in with the group? Are you a leader, a gunslinger, an advisor, a politician, a smuggler? Something else?

Any biography you wish to provide is happily accepted.

Looking forward to seeing your applications! Please note that this is the first game I've ever GM'd, so I'll ask your patience accordingly. I will be attempting to post at least once per day, and you're all welcome to post as often as you can/would like to. I heartily encourage role-play between mechanical actions.

Last edited by Kuroyama; 04-12-2019 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:57 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15031
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroyama View Post
Aaand my first error. Once again, please note that this is a D6 Star Wars game, not a Pathfinder game. I apologize for that!
Fixed

Last edited by wodine; 04-06-2019 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:03 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, wodine!
Old 04-06-2019, 04:36 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8586
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Quick question: Are you talking about the original revised second edition, or the fanmade revised, expanded and updated edition from a few years ago? I am strongly guessing the former, but I just wanted to check.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Quick question: Are you talking about the original revised second edition, or the fanmade revised, expanded and updated edition from a few years ago? I am strongly guessing the former, but I just wanted to check.
Hi there,

You're right, I refer to the former, the original Second Edition Revised. I'll clarify in the OP.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg Phettberg
Alright, thanks for the quick answer. I'll have a think about race and character, see if an idea pops up that I'd like to play. Not so opposed to the thought of participating in a jedi master-padawan thing, but depends who else pops up and really wants to go force-user.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1140
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1

Last edited by epelj1; 04-07-2019 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:56 AM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
Another question: Would a cheap Transport also be possible instead of a Starfighter? There's a good amount of old republic freighters that come at the same price (or cheaper) than the fighters of the same era. Maybe that was the intention anyway.

I'm asking because I am seriously considering going for a trader/entrepreneur kind of character who get's tangled up in the war.

Last edited by Phettberg; 04-07-2019 at 12:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:11 PM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 918
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
Old 04-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phettberg View Post
Another question: Would a cheap Transport also be possible instead of a Starfighter? There's a good amount of old replic freighters that come at the same price (or cheaper) than the fighters of the same era. Maybe that was the intention anyway.

I'm asking because I am seriously considering going for a trader/entrepreneur kind of character who get's tangled up in the war.
I have a potential character idea, that may well go well with your trader idea...
Old 04-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Wizards Only, Fools

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier
Oh, snap! This is the old Star Wars d6 system? That was my first RPG system, and I've run a game using it before.

I'll have to take some time tonight to pick through and see if I come up with a clear idea.

Dim the Drowned|Dredethahal Tiasah|Telephus Lorre
Tribulations of the Stag: King of Meads
Old 04-07-2019, 12:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1140
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
I'm working on an outlaw type of character for my first ever swrpg character. If anyone would like to work on some connections, I'd be up for it.
Old 04-07-2019, 01:46 PM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
I'm looking at a tech/engineer type character..
Old 04-07-2019, 02:15 PM
Use your words

Tools
User Statistics
To clarify what I meant by trader: Someone that owns, flies and maintains their own spaceship and has some idea about business and bartering. So it's tech adjacent in that sense I guess, but focused on transports. Not saying that to mark my turf, since I'm not in a hurry to write up an ad. Anybody that's quicker can snatch stuff from under me and I'll just do something else. I'm still stuck deciding on a race anyway.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:46 PM
Emotionally void Runner

Tools
User Statistics
Well I'm focusing on Tech repair and maintanences...be it gear/ships/droids or armour...as my current idea at least....not 100% on the idea, just seeing where my mind leads.