DnD5e Rappan Athuk- Mega Dungeon Crawl 5e - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook
0 7 4 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2019, 08:47 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 307
Boomy Boomy Boomy Boomy
I've expanded the personality description a little. I'm aiming mostly towards a D'artagnan archetype, though perhaps with a mix of Jack Sparrow in there.
Old 03-29-2019, 01:46 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 123
noahf noahf
App edited. I changed the character completely to something totally different that I figure would be more likely to survive in Rappan.
Old 03-29-2019, 05:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3934
Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk Stonk
Application Updated here
Old 03-29-2019, 08:13 PM
Aku Soku Zan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 205
Darth Saitou Darth Saitou Darth Saitou
Updated will change more later tonight
Old 03-30-2019, 09:09 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5675
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Awesome guys! And Glad to hear you could make it in Stonk!

Today is the last day folks, as long as your post/update is in by 8pm US Central time than you are good to go!

Last edited by Totentanzen; 03-30-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:18 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2101
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Good luck guys! Hope I’ll get to play with you
Old 03-30-2019, 04:18 PM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 886
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
Eric Trauss
right-aligned image

Name: Eric Trauss
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Druid
Stat Array: 10, 12, 15, 8, 18, 13

Trait: I'm full of witty aphorisms and have a proverb for every occasion.
Ideal: Everyone should be free to pursue his or her own livelihood.
Flaw: I'm horribly jealous of anyone who can outshine my handiwork. Everywhere I go, I'm surrounded by rivals.
Bond: One day I will return to my guild and prove that I am the greatest artisan of them all.

PersonalityEric is a resilient, almost stubborn sort of man who is always looking to push himself to his limits on what he can and cannot do. His drive to succeed in everything he does is one of the major reasons he does this to himself, often going to great lengths to research his craft or go out of his way to an entirely different location or city simply to gain a bit of experience or knowledge that he wouldn't have gotten at home.

Despite his skill and his drive, Eric is a very humble and almost easy-going man. Although he values wealth a great deal, and has earned a great amount of it through his craft, he doesn't view it as something vital in his life like many others in his profession. Despite his riches, he wears ordinary clothes when he can and is extremely shrewd with his spending, only using it on bare necessities and certain things that will make his life simpler. This has, of course, given him unwanted attention in the richer circles of society as he's viewed as some sort eccentric man for his simplicity.

When it comes to his trade, his drive always supersedes his humbleness. He will go to great lengths to be the absolute best, and there is nothing off limits for him to reach that goal. Whether it be sabotage, stealing, or even bribing officials to put new patents in his name. He knows its wrong, but succeeding in his field is almost like a drug for him. Every win he gets over his competition like a hit and he's constantly looking for more.

BackgroundEric was born deep in the forest amidst a small circle of druids isolated from the rest of the world in their small village. His early life was as any other child's where he would play and scream with the other children of the circle until he reached the age eight where his druid lessons began. As interested as he was about the teachings and the philosophy of the druids, he was far more curious about the world around him, his mind constantly drifting off during his lessons thinking of - in his mind at the time - far greater things.

Sorcery came to him slowly but gradually, the other children he grew up with catching on faster than him. His father, disappointed with how slowly he was learning, decided to train him himself and this was where he first got exposed to his competitive nature. He would try grasping at the spells only to fail and grew jealous that the other children were, at that point, far more advanced than he was.

At the age of thirteen, frustrated beyond belief, he lashed out against the circle elders and tried killing them, believing that they were purposefully sabotaging his efforts to become a druid. His father, scared for his life, decided it was best that they move away and thought that going to a civilized city would expose the young Eric to a maturity that he might not find in the wilds. And when they first arrived in the city, Eric was in shock at the mass amount of people in one area, and for the first year he rarely ever went out of their new home.

Gradually, he became used to civilization and the smell of cities and the incredible mass of humans, and by the age of seventeen had integrated himself into society where he went into an artificer's guild and trained to become an alchemist and apothecary. His skill in this, he found, was astounding and his tutors were impressed with how quickly he grasped the philosophy and practical arts of alchemy.

A few short years later, he became an alchemist in his own right. And all th while his parents, who had moved back in the forest during his training, would often come to visit him, or he would go to visit the circle on occasion where he would slowly learn the craft of his people, and slowly gain the wisdom that was hidden beneath their teachings. Upon returning home and back to his lab, he heard a rumor from one of his apprentices of a mausoleum with immense power.

He ignored it at first for nonsense, but slowly the rumours grew and he heard a rumor of an artifact within that would grant him the skills he needed to overcome his rivals while also proving to his circle that he was a capable druid instead of a failed one like they saw him. Gathering what supplies he could, he prepared himself for this insane adventure.

Roleplay sample of a fightThe lab was underneath the storefront, one floor below the basement and filled with tables that were cluttered with vials, flasks, burners, and other assortment of items. On the walls were several shelves stacked with jars of herbs, minerals, and oils, and a few filled with gas. All of them meticulously labeled and their weight accounted for. On the far left of the room was a hearth-like ventilating unit that continued as a chimney to the roof.

Eric was at the back of his lab, experimenting with the alchemical properties of a specific bark, trying to determine its properties led to healing and pain relief. A pet research of his he'd been working on for the past several months and had high hopes for it getting him some of the notoriety that he sought among his peers.

His work was interrupted with a knock at his door; he looked up with a frown to see Thyrdos standing at the threshold. Eric's frown deepened, but he looked back down to his work. "I didn't expect to ever see you in a city," he said, "with the way you always insult civilization."

"I've come to bring you back to our people," Thrydos said, Eric hearing his footsteps approach. "I've been sent to bring you back. This place is rotting your mind. This... this place, what you're doing here, it is unnatural. Please, come back with me and leave this to the city-dwellers and their misguided ways."

"What I'm doing is trying to understand nature, friend. Besides, I intend to come back. Once my paper is published."

"You say you intend to come back yet all you do is visit for several weeks. The elders demand that you come back with me to face judgement for this heresy."

Heresy? "And if I don't?" Eric asked finally looking up, an irritated look on his face.

"Then I have no choice but to force you."

Eric blinked. He didn't at all expect this to turn violent, yet he saw the threat in Thyrdos's eyes, and he never knew the man to never follow through on a threat.

With his lips thinning, Eric nodded to himself when he suddenly let his sorcery bloom around him, his hands suffused with green light. Vines erupted from the ground and wrappedaround Thyrdos. Eric took the opportunity to run towards a corner, hearing the snarled curses of the man behind him. He grabbed his quarterstaff and turned to see Thyrdos's own sorcery burst forth from him in waves.

Eric was lifted and thrown backwards from the impact against the wall, hitting it hard enough to have the wind blown out of him. He fell a moment later, barely managing to keep his footing, and a searing pain growing on his flank. A few choice curses escaped his mouth and he stumbled towards the entangled druid, his magic once more filling the air as he pointed at Thyrdos. A cloud of cold frost formed around the druid, swirling madly before it seeped into his skin. Thyrdos screamed.

"End it here, Thyrdos," Eric said, his voice strained from a possible cracked rib, his quarterstaff now having a faint glow, "end it here and I'll forget this ever happened. That or I strike you down."

He saw Thyrdos was still struggling against the vines, a pained look on his face with his neck and a part of his left arm having gone black from frostbite. "Do it," he said, "do it and be outcast, heretic. Our people will be better for it."

He didnt' expect the words to hurt, but for some strange reason, Thyrdos saying that he wasn't a part of their culture and that he was better in the city than with them brought a great deal of pain. He grew up with this bastard and there he was before him, acting as though he were still nothing more than some civilized brute. But wasn't he? Hadn't Eric left that life behind?

He lowered his weapon and let go of the spell holding the vines, which disentangled around Thyrdos before seeping back into the ground. "There's a healing potion on the shelf. Take it and go, don't bother coming back."

Last edited by Torack; 03-30-2019 at 07:12 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:24 PM
neighbor to the beast.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11878
goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal goatmeal
Application #2: DONE.
Albedo
right-aligned image

Name: He carries this as his name, but it was more of a title he held at the temple. It's literally meaning is the shine off the gold. He liked this title better than whatever given name he had (and has now forgotten) and has kept it after leaving the temple.Albedo
Race: Lightfoot Halfling
Class: Bard (Might multiclass to rogue at some point)

Stat Array:
ST 9
DX 16
CN 15
IN 12
WS 8
CH 16

Trait: I have been cloistered much of my life and want to know more of the world.
Ideal: I want to make everyone I care about look good.
Bond: I am still bound by the ways of commerce, and donít understand other approaches.
Flaw: My sense of self is lost in my devotion to others.

Background:
Albedo grew up as an acolyte in or whatever god of commerce might exist in this settingthe church of Waukeen. He had been sold into indentured servitude by his family, and when his time was up he decided to explore the world. His entire life he had learned to make things look good in order to extract an extra little bit of tithe from those who came to the church. He wasnít sure what to do with this skill once he left the church, but eventually latched on with others seeking to explore the world. He made it his goal to make them look better. In the process, he internalized whatever goal these others might have had, and in so doing threw caution to the wind.

The complete background is WIP until the game starts. I would like him to be someone's sidekick if that works out with anyone's character idea. Or he could be the spokesperson for the group as a whole. Essentially, he doesn't have a clear motivation to explore this dungeon other than his devotion to whoever he is trying to make look good. Also, he has a low wisdom score so there isn't necessarily a high bar to clear here related to who qualifies as the person he will sidekick for.

Personality:
Albedo is cheerful to everyone. But if that happens to be someone who is an adversary of his companions, his cheerfulness is condescending. Like the hollow praise from the purveyor of some luxury good who assumes you donít have enough money to pay for his wares.

Roleplay Sample:
As the skeleton approached his friend, Albedo called out to it in jest "Not sure you're going to be able to keep those trousers from falling down unless you put a little meat on those bones, friend.Ē

The skeleton lowered its sword arm a bit and tried to nudge its trousers back into place while ambling towards them. There was perhaps a bit of embarrassment showing through in that grinning maw, but it was hard to say.

With the opening provided by the movement, Albedo tossed a dagger at it. It seemed to sink into the ribcage at first but then rattled around nearly uselessly on impact. If only he had tossed a stone instead. Ah well, it would be too busy trying to keep those pants up to land a decent blow anyways.

Last edited by goatmeal; 03-30-2019 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1140
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
Awesome guys! And Glad to hear you could make it in Stonk!

Today is the last day folks, as long as your post/update is in by 8pm US Central time than you are good to go!
Thanks for posting a time! I'll have my app in by then!
Old 03-30-2019, 06:32 PM
Man of many hats.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 230
whimsky whimsky whimsky
Small edit to background if anyone else was reading mine
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...42#post8350942

Last edited by whimsky; 03-30-2019 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:11 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Got done just in time!
Old 03-30-2019, 10:32 PM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Alright everyone! I am a little late but applications are closed I will look over the applications and get back to you guys!
Old 03-30-2019, 10:36 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 425
Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama Gualdarrama
Good luck everyone.
Old 03-30-2019, 10:39 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by epelj1; 03-30-2019 at 10:58 PM.
Old 03-31-2019, 09:05 AM
Dice are now Fate Cubes

Tools
User Statistics
Invitations have been sent via PM Thank you so much for everyone applied and I am sorry that I could not take everyone. I will keep this thread as a reference in case someone drops and we need a fill!