RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 04-22-2019, 06:15 PM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1743
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Gonna be honest, I'm surprised no one is giving the Kitsune Impersonator a try, especially considering where we are geographically.

Unless I'm wrong and someone actually is a filthy kitsune in disguise!
Old 04-22-2019, 07:39 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
ManWithDoor ManWithDoor ManWithDoor
If Imperials aren't being allowed as applicants, I'm pretty certain Spirits aren't on the Favored List. :P
Rule #4: Close air support covereth a multitude of sins.
Rule #11: Everything is air-droppable at least once.
Old 04-23-2019, 12:48 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 884
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManWithDoor View Post
If Imperials aren't being allowed as applicants, I'm pretty certain Spirits aren't on the Favored List. :P
This is especially true for imperial spirits! Let‘s wait and see...
Old 04-24-2019, 02:23 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1172
TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL TYL
Hmm, this game is very interesting, but due to other time constraints I'm going to bow out for now. I hope you all have fun!
Old 04-28-2019, 12:08 AM
Wizards Only, Fools

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2482
Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier Grenadier
"Steel test's a bushi's courage. Words test a samurai's honesty."
-Kitsuki Takeshi, Lieutenant Magistrate of the Dragon

Mannerisms: It is only among the Dragon that it would be acceptable for a samurai to strike such an unbecoming figure as Takeshi. That is perhaps outside of the Crab, and Takeshi's mild nature could never be mistaken for that of a Crab. The most overt thing about Takeshi is that he is missing his right eye. However, the more subtle features of his appearance, the worn clothes and a disheveled demeanor, somehow serve to make a greater impression. Takeshi plays the part well, often seeming to forget questions and regularly fumbling through his pockets. He is such a courteous and humble fellow that it borders on flattery.

Yet many samurai have discovered that there is more to the man than his somewhat buffoonish appearance might suggest. His astounding attention to detail and incredible tenacity belie his seemingly bumbling demeanor, so much so that some begin to suspect that it is all an act. Certainly, Takeshi always seems to find what it is that he is looking at just the right moment to catch his adversaries unaware.

History: Takeshi was never destined to be the greatest Dragon, but like all Dragon he understood his own particular path to greatness did not require him to measure himself against the success of others. His path took it's first turn at age three when he lost his eye to a mysterious illness. Some claimed that it was a blight brought on by an oni's curse, but in actuality the curse was cancer and in the end this twist was revealed to be more of a blessing than a curse. As he strove to overcome this handicap, Takeshi acquired a tenaciousness that belied his unassuming nature.

Thus, while Takeshi was perhaps not the brightest investigator amongst the Kitsuki, he was the most thorough. In fact, perhaps he was too thorough. His early cases brought him a degree of celebrity as he uncovered a web of intrigue among the ranks of the samurai the was as scintillating as it was shocking. The physical evidence that he produced often seemed mundane or even trivial, yet time and again it came to be the loose thread that unraveled a case. Even early on, it was obvious that in his hunt for the truth Takeshi was willing to bend the tennett of honesty.

Unfortunately, his career came to a sudden end due to a rivalry with a noted Dragon bushi that developed over the course of his last investigation into the brutal murder of a hinin. The samurai staunchly defended his character, but Takeshi was able to produce physical evidence linking the bushi to the crime. In the awkward aftermath of the case, it was determined that no crime had been committed, but the bushi's reputation suffered greatly. Takeshi's own reputation fared little better among the Dragon samurai, and he became known as a samurai slayer. During his time as a ronin, Takeshi took to simple living, and regulated his investigative techniques to serving as a yoriki to other investigators.

Dim the Drowned|Dredethahal Tiasah|Telephus Lorre
Tribulations of the Stag: King of Meads

Last edited by Grenadier; 04-28-2019 at 04:30 AM.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:17 AM
Bewitched by the Moon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4192
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Well, my application is nearly complete. I got everything done except for questions 18 and 19 regarding the name. If it's not too big of a deal Zazaq, I'll try and get those answers in come morning, but right now I've got to get some sleep. Crossing my fingers that I'll get chosen

EDIT: Application is all finished up.

Last edited by Aerandor; 04-28-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 866
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Still looking forward to this greatly! Thanks again to Zazaq for stepping up to run it in response to those of us who were pleading for a GM.
Old 04-28-2019, 04:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3095
Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq Zazaq
Alright everyone results are in

MaximumUnicorns, as our former unicorn
PopCultureBard, as our former Crab
Rylus, as our former scorpian
Imveros, as our former Crane
Aerandor, as our former dragon.

Everyone else good luck in future endeavors, I'll keep you in mind if too many players drop out.

For those listed here's the game thread, you can post before your character sheets done as long as you don't make any rolls. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17869
Old 04-28-2019, 04:39 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 884
Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir Elanir
Have fun everyone! Happy adventures in Rokugan!
Old 04-28-2019, 04:46 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 324
g047br41n g047br41n g047br41n g047br41n
Have fun folks!
Old 04-28-2019, 05:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 866
Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama Kuroyama
Well, pretty crushed that I wasn't chosen for this one. Worked hard on my application. I bought the book just for this game, as I was in on the recruitment effort to get it going.

Good luck, all.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:54 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4110
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Congratulations. Even though I didn't apply, I enjoyed reading everyone's application Hope there are more such games in the future.

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal
Old 05-03-2019, 01:15 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Madison Parker Madison Parker
interested! anyone got link to pdf materials>
Old 05-03-2019, 08:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16177
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Sadly the game has already started Madison, stay tuned should we need more.

As for the PDF, here is the link to the DriveThroughRPG page. It's a steal at $24.99
Old 05-09-2019, 01:34 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Madison Parker Madison Parker
Thanks! I now have all the material i need for the game!