Game Thread Crossroads - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Crossroads
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:37 AM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
"No ye be listenen to be," Moradin told the group keeping his voice down, "There be a time an place for everything, even confrontation, but now not be that time and this be not the place. I'll no be seeing me friends inn, home, and livelyhood damaged by the fight that would break out here if we be interfearing. Let it be, fer now."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
The Paladin seems honestly surprised "Fight? Who said anything about a fight?" he turns to the Waitress "We will need to fight to help you? What ever for?"

It seems that to him 'deal with the problem' likely involves several steps before sword and bow are drawn, and he is honestly surprised your mind went directly there.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
"Nay, but if we interfear it might come to that. Use yer head and keep yer voice down. Them boys work for the captain, the captain is the law around here, they're a hot headed group more bark than bite who has the backing of the town guard. They also be drunk and can turn violent, there also be some folks here I don't know and if they be working for the captain as well it won't do to have them thinkin we're interfearin. Just let it drop, I'll explain everything later " the dwarf replied cutting off Alana's chance to respond, somewhat surprised at the man's lack of judgement.

Last edited by Alexader; 01-29-2013 at 06:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:44 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-30-2020
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
Bareris hefted the pint and took a little sip Amateurs. As if he would let his guard down. "Nice ale." he complemented the girl. Perception
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (13)+7 Total = 20
Looking around the tavern again, he noticed the altracation between the drunks and the innkeeper and got ready to interfere. When the dwarf said they were guards, his contempt only grew. Bareris had had his run-ins with that type of greedy bastards before - they kept coming back to extort more and more - hell he did it himself a few times. Only one way to stop them.

"Corrupt guards hey?" the half-orc said out loud, "Low-life scum is a more fitting description."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:45 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Alana seems comforted by Carroway's kind words and feels a personal connection with the young Paladin. She leans in close and whispers I don't know what to do. They collect the taxes and the amount just keeps growing every time we pay. But I don't want you to start trouble. They usually just take what we have and leave us alone for a while. Alana pulls back a little and a sad expression replaces her usual smile. I want yall to be careful. The last two bounty nights we've had here, nobody has been seen again.

Meanwhile, the added tension in the tavern seems to have spooked the table in the far corner. They appear nervous glancing towards the exit. Everything is quiet except for the animated conversation between Tedd and Braden in hushed tones.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-29-2013, 01:56 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206

Last edited by JustDave; 01-29-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Excuse me pal. Braden stops his conversation with Tedd glaring at Bareris. This don't concern you, nor that drunk Dwarf neither. You'd be wise to keep your ugly face out where it don't belong none. He takes a giant swig from his mug, then sets it down wiping his chin with the back of his sleeve. Unless that pretty thing in the corner (pointing to Azura) wants to. She can git involved with me anytime.

At this point, the merchant, hooded man, and farmer, quickly get up and start making their way to the exit.

OOC--map at roll20.net updated.

Last edited by JustDave; 01-29-2013 at 02:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:05 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-30-2020
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440


Bareris said to Alanna "We'll see what we can do. Could be please get us something to eat?"
"Right, let's have some fun." he said to himself. Turning to the drunk guard Bareris smiled wickedly and said "Ooh it talks."

Last edited by Battlechaser; 01-29-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
Azura blushed heavily as Braden pointed to her - but this time not only because she was shy. Azura could feel anger welling inside her, and with that anger came a courage that made her forget how uneasy she felt about this whole situation and all these new people. "The last drunken bastard who laid a hand on me shat blood for a fortnight," she growled, trying to sound
Dice intimidate:
1d20+4 (13)+4 Total = 17
intimidating, her patience running thin. She didn't think mentioning that it had been her father - and that bleeding bowels was quite a normal condition for that life-long drunkard - was necessary.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-29-2013, 03:15 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
Jaya sits at the table, drinking her water, watching the conversation unfold. She's happy she's managed to go relatively unnoticed thus far. Looking at her half full mug of water, she unlatches her bag on the floor, and gently places it in, quickly taking her hand out and putting her finger to her mouth as if she was just bitten. With a glance to the other table, she holds a finger up to Alana, "Scrap of meat?" Knowing it will require the barmaid to go safely behind the bar. She sits back in her chair, her right arm dangling down, as she
Dice Stealth:
1d20+11 (19)+11 Total = 30
slowly
Dice Sleight of Hand:
1d20+8 (5)+8 Total = 13
slides the dagger out of her glove. She repositions her scarf back across her face, grimacing at the brute called Bareris. "Let sleeping dogs lie," escapes her lips in a hushed, angry tone.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |

Last edited by epelj1; 01-29-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-29-2013, 03:26 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-30-2020
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
"Lie down, he will." Bareris answered. Keeping his eyes fixed on Braden, Bareris's stare challenges the guard to try Are you feeling lucky, punk?
Intimidate
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (10)+10 Total = 20
something, anything.

Last edited by Battlechaser; 01-29-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
Carroway looks a bit alarmed at this "Hold on, calm down people, please. There is no need for a fight... The only issue here seems to be the Taxes, and we already have an appointment with the duke later today. I am sure if we mention that these guards have been increasing the taxes and abusing their authority he will fire them and perhaps put them in prison for a while. Problem solved right?" He smiles, obviously thinking that this will stop the fight rather than giving the guards a good reason to attack and kill them all.

Hearing Azuras comment he shrugs to the Guards "Also, it seems like Azura has no interest in drunken people, and since none of you appear to be sober it is unlikely she will be entertaining you gentleman tonight." suddenly he blinks and blushes "I am sorry, I don't mean to assume. Are any of you woman?"
oocJust so you know, he honestly intends no insult by any of this, he is just trying to be nice and stop the fights.

Yay 7 wisdom.
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon

Last edited by Moridain; 01-29-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:20 AM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
Turning in his seat Moradin lifted his beer mug, which by this point was only He drinkssure, but in honor of his faith, drinking in excess is considerer abusing the precepts which the lucky drunks holds most dearhalf empty. "Awe, calm down Braden, 'for I go let the Captain know yer interfearin with business again. Do you think he'll be happy with you causing a scene and running off customers. Makes it a little difficult for Tedd to pay all his extra taxes if he ain't got no customers. No I reckon, the Captain would be quite upset with ye three if he knew that. " the dwarf replied in a calm and quite sober maner.

"Now, why don't ye be a good felow, enjoy yer drink. Ye got tonight one free on the Duke, One free on meself, and one free on the house, if I am not mistaken."

Last edited by Alexader; 01-30-2013 at 12:21 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:41 AM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
If the threats from the half-orc or petite woman had any effect on Braden, it didn't show. The fat teenager at his table, however, was visibly shaken at the prospect of being disemboweled or worse. Perhaps Braden noticed this or maybe he did not, but for whatever reason, he saw the calming words from Moridan and the Paladin as good enough reasons to save face and sit back down. I'll let it go... this time. Now give me my beer.

Alana filled the orders for food as best she could, but the selection ranged from barely edible to worse (seems good meat is harder to find in these parts than brewing ales).

Soon, Braden and his minions left giving a warning to stay clear of their business as they did. The tavern was empty now except your party and the innkeepers. Alana once again implores you to be safe. Please please be careful. The first few times the Duke held this event, it seemed like such a great success. Very few were lost and most came back richer, even if with some scars. But, for the last two times....nobody has come back.


The hour to meet the Duke is fast approaching.

OOC--Last chance to interact at the inn.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
Azura visibly relaxed as Braden sat back down. For all her bluster, she hadn't been particularly keen on starting a barfight - she wouldn't know what to do if chairs and bottles started flying around.

As Alana gave her warning, Azura's self-doubts emerged once more. Stupid girl, what have you gotten yourself into, she thought, mimicking her fathers words.Too late to back out now, Azura, you'll just have to hope these people are as capable as they look..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB