Game Thread Crossroads - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Crossroads
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:10 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
You say your goodbyes to the Otts and turn north east upon leaving the Green Dragon. The street is a smooth cobblestone with grass and other bushes lining the road. The way is light by means of magical stones resting on ornate poles. To see Crossroads in it's glory days would have been a sight. Nobody is out as you take the short journey (about 100 yards or so) and all is quiet.

You find the outer gate open and pass through a full lawn to the front door. The Duke's bodyguard greets you at the door. He is tall, muscular and wearing chain armor under a purple woolen tunic with the House Johnson sigil. He leads you into a foyer where the Duke is standing. He is not so tall and rather plain looking. He is wearing a green silk shirt and expensive leather pants with a rapier fashionably hanging off his hip.

From the areas you can see, the Duke's estate is expensively adorned, but old and worn in places. There are no other servants other than his guard that you notice.

The Duke addresses you, Good to see you again. Let us retire to my study where we can be comfortable while we discuss business. He and his guard lead you west down a long hallway (approx 60 feet long) with smaller rooms opening to either side.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:30 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206


You turn the corner at the end of the hall turning left. You see the Duke and his guard react to something and glance at each other then at you suspiciously. As you turn the corner you see it too. The room is a large dining hall with a table and expensive rug. At the far end of the room is an open door with stairs leading down behind it.

But what really catches your eye is the trail of blood from that door leading to an alcove in the north-eastern corner. A man in plate armor with a blue rose on it lies mortally wounded. You instantly recognize him as one of the mercenaries from the earlier group. He is unable to speak but is pointing at the Duke and you can clearly see him mouth "Noooo".

While everybody is clearly shocked, only Jaya is not surprised.

OOC--Jaya get's a surprise round. Initiative coming in the next post (I will roll all initiatives).
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:44 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
 


In summary, order goes:
Jaya surprise round
Next Round
Jaya
Carroway
Moradin
Azura
Bareris
Duke
Bodyguard

Last edited by JustDave; 01-30-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:09 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
Almost the same time as her bag starts squirming, she smells the scent on the air. Blood. As they round the corner, she sees what she had known would be there. Connecting the dots between the mercenary and the Duke, Jaya instinctively moves towards the only unknown thing in the room. Drawing her dagger, she tries to
Dice Acrobatics - Up:
1d20+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
Dice Acrobatics - Down:
1d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12
jump across the table. She slips on the unfamiliar surface and lands flat on the table, with a thud and a yelp.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |

Last edited by epelj1; 01-30-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:12 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Jaya leaps into action jumping on the table to get to the Duke. Unfortunately, her toe snagged on the edge of the table sending her sprawling across the table spilling flatware and stoneware all over the place.

 
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
Making the best of her position, Jaya grabs her crossbow, aims and
Dice Attack:
1d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12
Dice Damage:
1d10 8
fires the point blank shot at the Duke.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:57 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
The arrow is slightly off target. It barely nicks the Duke near his shoulder but is harmlessly deflected up and over his shoulder. The Duke sneers back with angry eyes and begins to yell loudly. It sounds like goblin gibberish to most of you. You hear stirrings and more goblin gibberish emanating from down the stairs.


Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 01-30-2013, 03:08 PM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
"Goblins, how could you align yourself with them" Moradin protested stepping forward slamming his warhammer against his activating sanctified shield ability +1 profound bonus to AC, swift actionshield before launching a
Dice attack 1:
1d20+3 (14)+3 Total = 17
Dice damage 1:
1d8+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
mighty sweep at the dukes guard.

"We be having visitors soon guys."
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 01-30-2013, 03:15 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
The hammer hits home, but the guard managed to turn at the last second lessening the blow. He grimaces in some pain, but otherwise seems unphased.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-30-2020
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
His nose cringing at the smell Bareris said "Blood and ...Goblins." Bareris spat the last word out. Quickly overseeing the situation he yelled "I'll cover the cellar entrance. You deal with these two."
Invoking the Justice judgmentpower of his goddess to help him slay his enemies faster, the half-orc Acrobatics
Dice Roll:
1d20-4 (6)-4 Total = 2
ran forward, only to be hampered by a bloody bench. An idea formed in his mind and after picking up the bench he ran forward to the door, kicking it closed and blocking it with the bench and all his might.

Last edited by Battlechaser; 01-30-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 01-30-2013, 03:55 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Bareris peered into the darkness before closing the door but the lack of light was no impediment to him. He could clearly see the blood trail going down the stairs that went down about 10 feet before turning to the right. There were no immediate signs of movement on his last glimpse before closing and crudely barring the door.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 01-30-2013, 08:51 PM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
"Huh?!" Cries the Paladin, clearly confused about what is going on. Suddenly he notices the dark look on the Dukes face, and looks at the dying mercinary again with dawning realisation. The Word Goblin is enough to put it together, and his face becomes sad "Oh Duke... Why? What could Goblins possibly give you to turn against your own kind?"

Stepping further in, putting himself in front of the Sorceress in case the guard attempts to face her, but far enough away so that the guard cannot strike him, he draws the bow from his shoulder. Nocking an arrow he fires it in a single action into the Guard "Try not to kill the Duke, he has questions to answer! He will face justice for his crimes."
oocFive foot step and fire an arrow at the guard. I have Precise shot, so no penalty, and Point Blank shot for increased damage and to hit.
Dice attack:
1d20+6 (14)+6 Total = 20
1d8+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 01-30-2013, 10:51 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
The arrow lands squarely into the guard, but misses any vital areas. He curses, but the words and the sounds are unrecognizable.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 01-31-2013, 04:10 AM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
Azura gasps in surprise at the whole scene - blood, goblins, what the hells!? - and moves swiftly into the corner of the room, feeling more comfortable with her capable allies between her and the Baron and his bodyguard. With a flick of her wrist and a whisper of arcane power, she sends a
Dice Magic Missile:
1d4+1 (1)+1 Total = 2
magic missile made of pure blue light from her fingertip and into the bodyguard.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 01-31-2013, 09:01 AM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
The body guard took another blow, and while not staggering, he is clearly injured. He looks right to the now barred door and then left. Sensing his chance to escape, he draws his sword and begins moving back to the hallway with the Duke right on his heels. They continue moving back down the hallway you came in.

The poor mercenary has fallen unconscious again but is still alive as you hear his labored breathing. The noises from behind the barred door sound like numerous individual goblins or other high pitched creatures but as of yet is not getting closer.



OOC--Moradin can make 1 AOO against either fleeing foe. Duke's AC is 16/12/14 (normal, touch, flat footed). Guard is 15/11/13
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB