Game Thread Crossroads - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Crossroads
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old 02-02-2013, 02:58 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-30-2020
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
"Bastards!" Bareris growled, "We should get them. I can make them talk." The half-orc grinned maliciously. Sighing he said "But then we must fight the bloody guard. Let's get away to the tunnel and find the RovagugBeast's priest. He will probably know more."
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old 02-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Statutory Plum's Avatar
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum is offline
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-06-2013
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Posts: 1,963
Ysruan took up the rear of the party, his wounds had been healed from the earlier potion and his new comrades looked to be in no shape to cover a retreat. as they make their way back to town, Ysuran turns to his allies.

The foul creature may have escaped us for tonight, but justice will be ours another day. I have to thank you for your intervention, had you not arrived when you did, the imposter would have surely finished the work he had done to me and my now dead companions. Serenae bless their souls. Leaving town may not be necessary, I do not think that the entire town knows of the deception they are the victims of. Nor do I think the town guard. few men, even those who value coin more than life, would willingly lead others to their dooms at the hands of creatures such as goblins and their kin.

Being out of danger; Ysuran sheathed his sword and placed his large shield on his back, it covered the back of his head all the way down to his buttocks. He shook his head whipping his short hair in front of his face for a brief second, it was obviously drenched in sweat and blood from his earlier fights and he quickly brushed it out of his way. his long ears protruding at least three inches from beneath his silvery hair.

I need to stop by the stables, I have a friend their that I will not leave behind.

Ysuran looked at his compatriots, and paused in his words a brief moment. I have not formally introduced myself, forgive my rudeness. I am Ysuran Horindill. Member of the Order of the Blue Rose. I trust you all know of my organization and of our goals? the Duke called for our aid and I was the only member that could be spared. what are your names? and for what reason do you come to this forgotten place?

Ysuran looked with vibrant emerald eyes at his companions. the eyes showed his curiosity but also mistrust.
I must not judge them to harshly, Dwarves and Orcs must be welcomed as if they were my own kin. my home disagree's with this but alas I have no home, at least not anymore...

OOCI will move to the stables (hopefully my allies will join me) and pick up Tessara, I assume I left her there when I went into the duke mansion. about what time of day is it?
__________________
I took an impromptu vacation from technology the last few days. I am back, refreshed, and ready to get caught up. I may be delayed but I am still around.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!

Last edited by Statutory Plum; 02-02-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old 02-04-2013, 05:35 AM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
Azura looked at the newest addition to the small group. Such calm, for one who've just faced death. Even though Azura had not been harmed, the sight of doppelgangers and the furious battle that ensued, had most certainly unnerved her. It wasn't the first time she was faced with evil, but it was most certainly the first time evil had put on the face of a Duke and tried to trick her down into a lair of goblins.

"I am Azura," she said quietly, while trying to get her hands to stop shaking.

Looking around at her companions, all of which looked much better off since the dwarf's healing, she considered if separating herself from this warrior lot would be the right move right now. She'd draw less suspicion on her own. On the other hand, though, she'd no intention on facing the troubles surely to come, all by herself.

"Whatever we decide to do, can we do it now? I don't think we should dally unnecessarily."

Last edited by Valeur; 02-04-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
You do your best to heal the wounds of the party and pursue the Doppelgangers. As you approach the Green Dragon, you see them far ahead of you, perhaps 200 feet as they cross the market, they have slowed and have transformed back into the Duke and his guard and have stopped sounding the alarm. You notice the transformation has not healed his serious leg wound. You do not believe they have spotted you, but you can see candles and lanterns being lit in the various shops and houses that line the market. You also see a hastily armored Brad Weston along with his two lieutenants approach the Duke. You peer back and see no sign of the goblins leaving the Duke's estate.

Just then, Tedd Ott calls you inside quietly. Get in here before you're seen. What is going on?

The Green Dragon is dark on the inside making you unseen from the relatively brightly lit market area. As you keep an eye on the animated discussion between the Duke and Brad Weston, you explain what happened to Tedd and Alana who listen with shocked faces.

This settles it then. We have been thinking of just taking what we could carry and moving on someplace else, but now I am sure we can't stay here.

Tedd and Alana begin busily packing what they can into a few packs and a large sack. This takes a few minutes and as Tedd goes behind the bar and whispers something, you see Brad Weston barking orders. He points to the gates and at you (even though you think he can't see you) and again to the north east towards the Duke's house. One of his guards starts running to the Green Dragon as Tedd peers back over the bar, Come come, quickly. Into the tunnel.


Last edited by JustDave; 02-04-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Moridain's Avatar
Moridain Moridain is offline
Massively Multitasking
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-08-2019
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Posts: 16,979
The Paladin sits up with a groan as the light enfuses him. He blinks up at those around him "Er, I would think I was just getting out of bed except for the extreme pain in my everything."

Seeing the gouge in his armor he winces again, the partially shredded tabard being a hard thing to replace. He stands though, picking his bow up off the ground and following the others in the direction he assumes the duke went.

Hearing Azura talk the normally less than perceptive paladin gives her a wry smile "No use going by yourself, it won't be hard for him to find out who was among our group and put out bounties against us. I don't doubt that it won't take long before guards are chasing us, and when they find us better they do so when we are together..."

Turning to Tedd and Alana his smile becomes more genuine "Thank you, good people. It would have been far too easy for you to simply leave without us, safer for you as well. May Iomaedae bless both of you for your help. Here, let me carry that." He comments, taking the sack so they can fill another, and turning to the door.

"I don't know this place very well... Who could we go to with the resources to face these monsters, backed as they are soon to be by the guard."
__________________
"Live each day as if it were your last, 'cause I'm gonna kill you but I'm not super-good w/ schedules."
- Joss Whedon
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
Azura looks to the paladin with surprise. By the gods - a mindreader!

She says nothing, but blushes in embarassment.

 
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
"It be high past time we be leaving," Moradin stated to nobody in particular
Dice perception:
1d20+4 (16)+4 Total = 20
how the hell is perception not a class skill for any class
looking around for anything they should take with them before walking around the bar and stuffing a few bottles in his backpack. "We'll be needing these more than the guards and dopplegangers.", he told every gruffly as he slipped into the tunnel.
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:05 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
Jaya follows the group out of the Duke's estate, and hurriedly back into the Tavern. Ignoring the Elf's attempt at friendship. Seeing the guard rushing towards the Tavern, Jaya doesn't need to be told twice. Running by the bar, she grabs a handful of forks, jumps into the tunnel, and attempts to
Dice Stealth:
1d20+11 (5)+11 Total = 16
blend with the shadows. Waiting for the others, she quickly bends the forks, making each tine a slightly different DIY Caltropsangle.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |

Last edited by epelj1; 02-04-2013 at 12:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-30-2020
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
"The name's Bareris," the half-orc said gruffly, "but now's not the time to chit-chat. So move!" The inquisitor went into a swift, loping gait, that was a bit hampered by his scalemail clinking all about him. "Bloody ****ing armor. I need something better."

At the Green dragon inn he stared back at Back swearing silently to himself Next time I'll take your ears as bounty, *******. Yours and the doppelgangers' too. As he entered the tunnel Bareris saw the dwarf collect a few bottles and grinned at him "I like your style, dwarf."
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 02-04-2013, 01:34 PM
Statutory Plum's Avatar
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum is offline
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-06-2013
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Posts: 1,963
Ysuran grasped the shaking hands of Azura she was obviously shaken and frightened Be at peace, we are out of danger for the moment. I will not let those fiends harm another person today. You will be safe with us. The elf smiled softly at the young women,trying his best to assure her.

Upon taking sight of the guards Blast it all The Elf said under his breath. but it appears the owner of a local tavern was offering shelter and ducked into to building along with his allies. Thank you kind sir Ysuran said to the bar-keep.We owe you a debt. I will repay it in kind in the future.Ysuran looked at the Dwarf who was taking the liquor and thought to himself Typical, booze first,saving our skins and the townsfolk second.
__________________
I took an impromptu vacation from technology the last few days. I am back, refreshed, and ready to get caught up. I may be delayed but I am still around.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!

Last edited by Statutory Plum; 02-04-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 02-04-2013, 01:55 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
The last barrel completely disappears as does the floor revealing a trap door with a smooth stone ramp going down at about a 30 degree angle. Iron bands are nailed into the floor to facilitate rolling barrels more easily. The passage quickly opens up to 10 feet wide and is moderately well lit as you can the extent of the passage before it turns north. The decline ends after about 20 feet or so and there the smooth polished stone is mashed into a mixture of rubble, dirt and grime. The air smells of stagnant water and decay. The passage is lit by the same magical means as the town's streetlights, but you can see some are missing (one is actually in the rubble decaying into a sludge of slightly luminescent material). The walls and floor are pockmarked with small holes with loose dirt and stone filling the gaps.



After you are all comfortably down the ramp, Tedd pulls down on a lever and the trap door and the large barrel both become translucent allowing you to see up into the Green Dragon in the area behind the bar. Don't worry Tedd says On the other side, the floor is as solid as before. We can also hear as if it's not there, but unless we are very noisy, we are safe from detection.

He looks with disapproval at the poor condition of the tunnel. It has been so long since I have been down here. It was once such a clean, orderly place. I don't like the looks of this at all.

With that you hear noise above as one of the lower ranking guard is searching the Green Dragon, calling for Tedd and Alana before giving up and leaving after a few minutes.

Tedd fishes in his pack and pulls out 3 potions. A wizard unable to pay his tab gave me 5 of these in stead. I'd like to keep one for me and Alana each in case we need them, but I can share 3 with you. They are supposed to heal wounds.

OOC: 3 potions of cure light wounds.
Also, mark your character sheet w/ your current hit points.

Last edited by JustDave; 02-04-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:20 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
Jaya inches down the tunnel as the others watch the Guard come in, look around and leave again. Taking care to keep quite, Jaya reloads her crossbow from before, then with both the rapier and crossbow in hand, she heads towards the end of the tunnel area. She quickly
Dice Stealth:
1d20+11 (13)+11 Total = 24
Dice Perception:
1d20+7 (17)+7 Total = 24
Dice K:Nature:
1d20+5 (11)+5 Total = 16
pokes her head around to investigate the buzzing noises.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:37 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Statutory Plum's Avatar
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum is offline
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-06-2013
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Posts: 1,963
Thank you sir your kindness is much appreciated, I think it best if the women here take these potions.from the looks of things they are not as able to bear the wounds of battle as the rest of us. Ysuran said in a logical and forthcoming tone. Do not think that you can't handle yourselves, you are stronger than those who have perished by the doppelgangers hand. It just never hurts to take precautions

Ysuran looks to give Jaya a potion but see's her instead moving down the tunnel and she appears to be on guard. he withdraws his blade and walks up next to herWhat is it you see? Ysuran peers down the hall way attempting to see or hear anything out of the ordinary.

Dice Roll
Dice Perception:
1d20+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
__________________
I took an impromptu vacation from technology the last few days. I am back, refreshed, and ready to get caught up. I may be delayed but I am still around.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-30-2020
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
As Bareris entered the tunnel his Keen scent
Dice Survival:
1d20+7 (16)+7 Total = 23
nose was assaulted by a variety of odors - mold, decaying water and ... He followed Jaya letting his superior vision pierce the Perception
Dice Roll:
1d20+7 (5)+7 Total = 12
remaining shadows.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:20 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB