Game Thread Crossroads - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Crossroads
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Jaya turns back and looks on in horrified silence as Ysuran tramples through the puddle in the rubble. His footsteps are quieter as he approaches Jaya, but it is too late. The quarry that Jaya had been stalking disappeared into the east wall.

Seconds later, five small creatures pop out of the wall and floor onto the rubbelized part of the tunnel. Housecat sized with burning glands illuminating the tunnel, everybody instantly recognizes them as fire beetles. They emerge and begin to skitter and scatter towards both ends of the tunnel.


OOC: I will roll initiative for PCs. Jaya and fire beetles are unsurprised, everybody else is.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 02-04-2013, 02:58 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
OOC:

Surprise Round Firebeetles then Jaya
After that: Firebeetles then PCs
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:19 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
The beetles scatter, one going back into the wall near where it come out and pops out in front of Bareris. The others move left and right as well. Looking for a meal, they blindly attack the nearest warm body with small, yet sharp teeth. Moradin easily keeps the tiny creatures at bay, but one manages to get a hold of Bareris' ankle leaving a nasty gash.




 

Last edited by JustDave; 02-04-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:33 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
Jaya nearly turns her rapier on the Elf before she hears the beetles surface behind them. "Idiot!" Wheeling around, she
Dice Attack:
1d20+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
Dice Damage:
1d10 4
lets off her bolt towards the beetle directly across from her.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |

Last edited by epelj1; 02-04-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 02-04-2013, 03:58 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Jaya's shot goes wide, missing the small darting beetle. The two on the right approach Jaya and Ysuran, their little pointed limbs making a clacking noise as they move with mandibles opening and closing waiting for a bit. They lunge out again in mindless attacks. All of the attacks are unsuccessful, except the beetle attacking Bareris. Like a dog with a bone, he has latched onto Bareris leg and refuses to let go.

 

Last edited by JustDave; 02-04-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
"By the lucky drunk, firebeetles!!! These be coming in handy," Moradin greeted the beast with a smile as he practically danced out of the way of their feebles attacks.
Dice attack roll:
1d20+4 (12)+4 Total = 16
(utilizing +1 bonus from guidance)
Dice damage roll:
1d8+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
Swinging down with his mighty hammer, Moradin attempted to smash the creature into the ground.




 

Last edited by Alexader; 02-04-2013 at 04:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 02-04-2013, 04:09 PM
Battlechaser's Avatar
Battlechaser Battlechaser is offline
Great Wyrm
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-30-2020
RPXP: 11751
Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser Battlechaser
Posts: 11,440
"Raaa." Bareris yells as the vermins mandibles bite deep in his leg. He walks towards the wall and kicks his leg against it, hoping to squeeze the life out of the little bugger. Meanwhile he pulls out his dagger and stabs down

Attack
Dice Attack roll:
1d20+3 (15)+3 Total = 18

Dice damage:
1d4+3 (2)+3 Total = 5

Last edited by Battlechaser; 02-04-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 02-04-2013, 04:12 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
Jaya reels at the beetle's bite, but reacts instinctively, Move through occupied space.
Dice Acrobatics:
1d20+4 (15)+4 Total = 19
This is going to work eventually.
jumping over the small insect, and
Dice Attack:
1d20+3+2 (4)+3+2 Total = 9
Dice Damage + Sneak Attack:
1d6+4 (4)+4 Total = 8
1d6t 2 Running Total = 10
swings her rapier at it, missing yet again.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |

Last edited by epelj1; 02-04-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 02-04-2013, 04:47 PM
Valeur's Avatar
Valeur Valeur is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-20-2015
RPXP: 454
Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur Valeur
Posts: 1,564
So, how do you like your new life, girl? Azura thought to herself, her eyes going wide at the sight of the firebeetles. She wasn't a big fan of insects to begin with - and insects the size of cats was certainly not a sight she enjoyed. "Eeeek!"

Azura stepped back, away from the beetles and cast her last
Dice Roll:
1d4+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
magic missile of the day, aimed at one of the hurt beetles.

 

Last edited by Valeur; 02-04-2013 at 04:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Moradin and Bareris flatten and skewer a beetle respectively. Azura burns a hole into a third sending it slinking away with a gooey blood trail only to perish before getting fully under the floor.

Not known for having intelligence, the beetles are at least aware of survival. Realizing the size of their prey is just too big and strong to eat, the remaining beetles burrow away into the walls.

Every once in a while, two or even more will buzz out into the hallway, fly around like a giant moth around a flame and return back into the walls. At least until Carroway skewered one with a quick shot. Now they just pop out of the wall and straight back in again, but keeping their distance. You don't think they are a threat anymore, but neither will they allow you to rest here.

Jaya informs you of what she saw and as you turn the corner of the tunnel you see for yourself. It goes on north as far as you can see (over 100 feet). But just 30 feet north of the corner, the entire right side of the tunnel is collapsed into a lower level structure or natural cavern. You can see the giant rubble pile as it slopes down to an unknown area. The rubble slide looks like unstable footing and allows only 3-4 feet height, so in order to see down it, somebody would have to venture at least part way down.

Above, a small hole has opened to the outside near the collapse. No more than a few inches across. Enough to tell it's still night and not yet near dawn.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 PM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Moradin and Bareris flatten and skewer a beetle respectively. Azura burns a hole into a third sending it slinking away with a gooey blood trail only to perish before getting fully under the floor.

Not known for having intelligence, the beetles are at least aware of survival. Realizing the size of their prey is just too big and strong to eat, the remaining beetles burrow away into the walls.

Every once in a while, two or even more will buzz out into the hallway, fly around like a giant moth around a flame and return back into the walls. At least until Carroway skewered one with a quick shot. Now they just pop out of the wall and straight back in again, but keeping their distance. You don't think they are a threat anymore, but neither will they allow you to rest here.

Jaya informs you of what she saw and as you turn the corner of the tunnel you see for yourself. It goes on north as far as you can see (over 100 feet). But just 30 feet north of the corner, the entire right side of the tunnel is collapsed into a lower level structure or natural cavern. You can see the giant rubble pile as it slopes down to an unknown area. The rubble slide looks like unstable footing and allows only 3-4 feet height, so in order to see down it, somebody would have to venture at least part way down.

Above, a small hole has opened to the outside near the collapse. No more than a few inches across. Enough to tell it's still night and not yet near dawn.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 PM
epelj1's Avatar
epelj1 epelj1 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 05-01-2020
RPXP: 1190
epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1 epelj1
Posts: 5,248
Jaya,
Dice Stealth:
1d20+11 (11)+11 Total = 22
fading into the shadows yet again, giving a "Shh!" to the Elf as she passed by. She makes her way up to the next corner,
Dice Perception:
1d20+7 (3)+7 Total = 10
peering around the corner.
__________________
Torn City
-=- RL rolled at crit, trying to pick up the pieces. Please post without me. -=-
| Amaru - Potions - Dungeon Dive |

Last edited by epelj1; 02-04-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 PM
Alexader's Avatar
Alexader Alexader is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-24-2013
RPXP: 886
Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader Alexader
Posts: 3,868
Having taken out a sack and carefully placed the fire beetles inside before tying the sack off to his backpack, Moradin waved off any questioning looks with his usual surliness, once the battle was completed he repeated his prayers to Cayden as they traveled down the tunnel.

Anyone paying attention might have found it strange that the dwarf continued to recite the prayers each minute keeping his dieties blessing refreshed in case they ran into anything else that might threaten them. He followed Jaya at a short distance, attempting to keep himself near the center of the group and keeping his
Dice perception + perfect darkvision 120 ft:
1d20+4 (12)+4 Total = 16
eyes peeled
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 02-05-2013, 02:24 AM
Statutory Plum's Avatar
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum is offline
Why not Zoidberg?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-06-2013
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Posts: 1,963
The threat over before it really took off out of control; Ysuran maintained his post at the corner of the two tunnels. allowing for his stealthy companion to scout on ahead while staying close enough to provide support should it be required.

OOCI was wondering why we were still down here, didn't the gaurds leave the tavern? or we staying here until things die down in the town. not sure if I missed something.
__________________
I took an impromptu vacation from technology the last few days. I am back, refreshed, and ready to get caught up. I may be delayed but I am still around.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 02-05-2013, 10:07 AM
JustDave's Avatar
JustDave JustDave is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 03-11-2013
RPXP: 29
JustDave
Posts: 206
Jaya carefully creeps down the hall, laying on the ground to be able to see, you quietly turn the corner and peer down the slope of rubble. At the bottom she see's the ground is finished with polished stone. There are two skeletons crushed and broken under several large pieces of rock. Several chests can be seen as well as a book case with various tomes and common household items. The room is well lit, but her view is obstructed from seeing the entire room by the finished stone ceiling above. There are also many, perhaps as many as 10, dead fire beetles littered across the ground. All pierced with arrows.

The others nearer the trap door hear commotion above. They see Brad Weston and the guard who searched previously poking around until they give up and Brad gives orders, Stand guard here. If you see any of them, or the Otts, sound the alarm. If I catch you sleeping, it will cost you a weeks pay. With that Brad Weston turned briskly, and left the inn. The guard, by the sound of it, settled down into a chair near the bar.

Last edited by JustDave; 02-05-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB