: +

Notices

Old 07-30-2010, 10:12 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Ryu8
I started out joining my uncle and his 1E group about 12 years ago. Been playing and trying new editions ever since. Never could get into 4E though...
Old 08-01-2010, 12:56 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34
Dalvar
My father played D&D, so I grew up looking at his old books and playing pretend with his leads.
It was when I was in fifth grade that one of my afterschool teachers mentioned it and decided to start up a game with us kids. It was an amazing game and while I can't even remember my character's name, I can still remember the story. It is a memory I will always cherish and when I DM for new players, I try to make sure their experiences are just as good.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:35 AM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
Peldari
I spend a lot of time in bookstores. One day in one of my favorites (although I can't visit often as it's a three hour drive away) I saw an interesting hardcover book. People being people we do judge books by their covers. This one had an eye on it. It was the Monster Manuel 3.5. So I sat down and read it. It took three and a half hours. didn't understand the stats (much) but I loved the lore. Ever hungry for knowledge I looked for something that could explain the stats and found both the PH and the DM's Guide. When I called my grandmother at a payphone (this was before everyone had cell phones) three hours later and half an hour before the stores closing time I couldn't stop gushing about it. She bought me all three. Since then she has been my biggest supplier of books at birthdays and Hanukkah. She even tried to play once (with disastrous results). Safe to say I've been hooked ever since that one day in a small bookstore in a rural town up north.
Old 08-14-2010, 02:08 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
wlanedbz
I got into D&D because as a kid my friend played this pen and paper star wars game with us, although he practically knew none of the rules. Anyway, for years i couldnt find anyone to play a game like that anymore, until one day i met a DM, and played a couple of 3.5 games with him. Now he no longer lives here so i cant find games anymore, which is what brought me here.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:44 AM
Chekhov's #1 Fan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 944
Samulus Samulus Samulus Samulus Samulus Samulus Samulus Samulus
I got into DnD when a senior brought his brand new books to school. I was in the anime club (a time in my life where boredom far outstripped my hate for the Japanese cartoon.) which is Ironic cause people only played card games like Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic: The Gathering.

Anyway, I asked to check out his book cause I was interested. I had heard of DnD but never truly had the chance to see if it was any good. The concept interested me, a fanatical roleplayer, and I read through the book. Needless to say I was hooked. Soon after that senior hosted a campaign with eight other people. It never got off very far because of scheduling issues but I decided right then and there I would continue to play.

Next year I hosted my own campaign which only got about halfway in (it was a 1-11 campaign.) Now as an experienced Junior I hope to continue DMing and bring yet another generation of players into the fold. Hurray for generation folding!
Old 08-22-2010, 02:11 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Gearmaster21
My brother got me into DnD
Old 08-24-2010, 10:08 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Dead Man
I had first heard of DnD in grade school, but never actually played it. When I got to 8th grade I met a friend who had been playing it for years. Through him I met most of the friends I still have to this day some 8 years later.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:06 PM
Still Cuddly, Still Fuzzy

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14117
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Like an alcoholic remembers his very first drink, I remember that day so clearly. Junior High, 7th grade, a kid brought an AD&D Monster Manual to school and ran a game for two of his buddies during lunch. I forgot to eat.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3000
Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn Barlycorn
I can picture it clearly, too. My cousin brought out the Red Box and we played on the floor at the top of the stairs. He sent me solo (he probably had an NPC to help me) into the caves outside The Keep On The Boderlands. I think I explored those caves and ran others through them at least a hundred times. Once I got the AD&D books and started DMing in earnest, I was constantly making my own dungeons (ah, the days of hack and slash). Expanded into a bunch of other games in the eighties including Car Wars, Top Secret, Traveller, James Bond, Star Frontiers, and more.

After high school, I didn't play much until the late nineties. Always had the books around, though, and would work on various worlds. Didn't play again until I started on this site.

I've been playing, on and off, for thirty years now. I am much more into the role playing aspect now than I was in the early days.
And fear walk hand in hand...
Old 09-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Indyness
Hm... my first D&D experince... Well I had always heard about D&D from my friends, cause they'd play at their house and then from time to time make jokes or comment about it. I was always a fan of roleplaying games and what not. So one day I forced my bud to sit down and show me what was so great about it. To this day I belive it was one of the best decisions of my life.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:23 PM
She Whispers, Loneliness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11818
Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis
When I was just a lad, neighbors moved into the house across the street. They'd moved all the way from California. They even brought their children. As luck would have it, we learned each others games and play habits. My brother and I taught them guerrilla warfare, ambush tactics, and general survival techniques and they taught us Dungeons and Dragons. Equitable exchange, methinks.
Old 09-11-2010, 07:47 AM
...the hell?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2189
Jocularity Jocularity Jocularity Jocularity Jocularity Jocularity Jocularity Jocularity Jocularity Jocularity Jocularity
Its sort of an unclear line for me. I spent a while playing the Original Neverwinter Nights (And still do) but i didn't start on Pen and Paper until 10th grade. I was a little overwhelmed at first, because the friend who introduced me to it had like, all the sourcebooks. It took me forever to decide on a class, because i had so many options. I also wasn't used to roleplaying with people sitting next to me, but i got into it. So i suppose my first true D&D character was a Figher that went on to be an Ashworm Dragoon, if you don't count the Neverwinter characters. Ahh, good old ashworm Dragoons. Shame, i haven't played one since.

I miss that group. They all scattered and went to different cities when school finished, and i haven't had a longstanding PnP group since

Open for new intrepid adventurers to explore a dark an strange universe from the seat of a starfighter or with blaster in hand. Mercenary? Republic? Alien? Jedi? PM for detail.

Last edited by Jocularity; 09-11-2010 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:35 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Aztook
for the most part i thought D&D and many tabel top games was lame, but i got around to it and looked at tabletop games after having roleplayed for many years, i had also been playing WoW, so natural i looked at there RPG booklet for both Warcraft 3 and WoW, was vary interested in it, but half the stuff i didn't understood because i was just skimming through it. but after that i got into table top RPGs more and looked into different ones, until i got right here to D&D, i found it more about it while playing Neverwinter nights 1, when i saw it i was like "hm...this is based off of D&D" and when i saw it was 3.5 edition source book, i decided to take a little peek, found 3.5 edition book, read it, and was hook, i was also using these RPG table top game backs as guide lines for making storys, small ones that i would probably never be able to publish at all XD lol oh well, still great game, even though i never really played one game...yet >.>

Last edited by Aztook; 09-12-2010 at 09:38 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 09-15-2010, 03:48 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Shauni
My best friend introduced me to DnD when I was young and I only really remember it was with a group of combat orientated players. Went to a more roleplaying group and been loving it ever since =3
Old 09-15-2010, 05:36 PM
Eyes of the Vigil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 116
Kazegami Kazegami
Honestly I just recently delve into the D&D universe. Yet when I was rather young, perhaps around 7 or 8, I witness my cousin playing a game a D&D with his family which peaked my curiosity naturally. Since I was interested in fantasy which helped fuel my creativity, I tried to learn what little I could about D&D and eventually it led me to where I am today. My cousin is my mentor as I strive to learn all that I can about D&D. Though now when I look back, I am sorry that I thought D&D was just another game where you learn the rules and be able to play it like another game you may come across.