Notices

Old 08-20-2017, 12:05 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 80
CRblackfist
Around The Table

Hi Everyone and welcome to the game. I'm excited to get started and feel free to ask any questions.

So this is the OOC thread for general discussion. Any chat, feel free to post in here!

DM: Lost Mines of Phandelver
Old 08-20-2017, 10:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
ballon ballon ballon ballon ballon
@CRblackfist - Thank you for the invite. Looking forward to playing Croveg here in the Lost Mines of Phandelver. Have been wanting to play this campaign since it first came out but for whatever reason never did.

A little about me - I started playing around the red box edition of D&D, skipped 3 & 3e, except for computer games, and picked it back up in 4th ed. I really enjoy 5th ed but my favorite was 2E and that was because of Ravenloft. I've done many many games as both DM & player in RL & PbP.

I live in the last frontier and check just about every day for new posts and can post every day if needed. With that being said, @CRblackfist - I will be out of town from 24 - 28 Aug. I should have internet connectivity at the campgrounds, but if not I'll try and get a post up from my phone.
Old 08-21-2017, 02:10 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 288
VannyB VannyB VannyB
Hey everybody, I'll be playing Drodin! I'm really excited to play with you all. Thank you CR for the invite!

Ballon set a good precedent, I'll tell a little about myself too. I'm currently a college student, and I started playing 5 years ago in high school. Since then, I have never actually *played* the game, I have always been my groups DM. I started with Pathfinder, eventually moving to 5e because, after a day of math classes, I didn't need to spend my free time doing tabletop calculus haha. I'm super excited to actually get to play for a change, and with people very invested in their character design. If what you guys put into the game is even half as much as the character design shows, then I think we will all have a great time. I'm rather new to PbP, so I will probably ask you guys a bunch about the actual functioning of the game on RPGx, but I assure you, my roleplaying will be above that of a newby.

I can check and probably post most days and at least within 2 days.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:28 AM
Let the Wookie Win

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1156
chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m
Hello all and thanks for the invite. I also started on the red box and drifted away from the game for a while. I've only picked it back up again after seeing how popular D&D has become. I got hooked on 5e after watching some live plays like Critical Role. I've done a couple PbP campaigns here on RPGx, but sadly we weren't able to complete them. I enjoyed everyone's apps and am looking forward to having a great time here with LMoP!
Old 08-21-2017, 05:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 660
labadaba labadaba labadaba labadaba labadaba labadaba
Hi Guys. I have only started playing D&D in the past year. Before this, I have played CthulhuTech and dabbled in a few others, but no real RPGs. I've played a lot of tabletop miniature games with fantasy flavour as well. In the real world I'm a conservation biologist. I work in waterways and wetlands. I think I've found the balance between PbP and real life at this point, but I sometimes find myself gravitating to my phone to check for updates for the game I am currently DMing on RPGX when I should be paying attention to whatever is on the TV or something.

Anyway, I'm excited to get started!
Old 08-21-2017, 07:24 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 144
Amnesianhero Amnesianhero
Hey! I'm excited to get into this game. I've been playing 5e since the playtest, so I consider myself pretty knowledgeable about it, and I have some experience with 4e and Pathfinder too. This is only my second ever pbp game, and the first one is still in its early stages so bear with me if I'm a little green.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
CRblackfist
Hi all, I started playing back in 3rd edition. I skipped most of 4e and then picked back up during 5e. Ive played a few games here and there, a couple of PbP and played plenty of tabletop games here and there. I work in bars and travel across the UK so get a lot of time to post and try to keep that balance. I'll be the first to admit it doesn't always work though! This is my first time really DMing so I'll try to keep everything organised and smooth.

CR

Old 08-21-2017, 10:29 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VannyB VannyB VannyB
Glad everyone's stoked to play this game! I just look at our roster of characters and I have to say, I'm liking the setup. We have a really cool array of people and abilities for non combat encounters. For combat encounters we don't have a crazy tanky front line(I stand in for a fighter cause of high AC and healing, and we also have a real fighter) but I think the utility from all the casting we have going on can really make for some cool combat ideas. Again, looking forward to playing!
Old 08-21-2017, 02:42 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
CRblackfist
I'll be honest, i didn't want to choose character based on stats. Although they are important and i expect character sheets to be maintained and updated as we progress i like fun as the foremost driving force behind gameplay. I'm tweaking encounters to be slightly different to the box set, but will also be using mechanics such as inspiration as a reward system to help alleviate that harder CR. hope that sits well with everyone.

CR

Old 08-21-2017, 02:45 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
ballon ballon ballon ballon ballon
@VannyB - that's one of the nice things I've found about 5e - you don't necessarily need a tank on the front line

Of course, now that I say that I've probably jinxed us LOL
Old 08-21-2017, 02:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
My fighter is skewed towards ranged but can don the sword and board to get that AC to 19. Not the strongest of tanks but should be sufficient if need be.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:15 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VannyB VannyB VannyB
Perfectly fine with me @CR! I would much rather have a group of good characters, than a group of good stats and poor characters.

Labadaba I'm not trying to get too much into the numbers on your character, I'd like to find out your capabilities in the game, but how did you get 19AC? If you have some cool idea I didn't think of, maybe I can apply it sometime! I'm currently sitting at 18(or rather 16 since I put my shield away)
Old 08-21-2017, 04:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Oh jeez, thanks, I must have mistyped leather armor AC at 14 instead of 11... I take back the tank potential haha. Jeridoon is a limp noodle.
Old 08-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VannyB VannyB VannyB
Oh no! I'm so sorry :/
Old 08-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The little guy felt super strong for a minute there but, of course, it was the bottle.

No worries, it'll be no matter