Game Thread The Lost Mines of Phandelver: Black Arrows - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Lost Mines of Phandelver
twitter facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old 08-22-2017, 10:29 PM
VannyB's Avatar
VannyB VannyB is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-26-2018
RPXP: 288
VannyB VannyB VannyB
Posts: 451

Drodin moves forward, almost to where the horses lie dead, but his eyes are fixed on the treeline in front of Jeridoon. With his friend in danger and alone on the bank of the trail, Drodin acts quickly to distract whoever is in the bushes he just glimpsed. "It seems we are not alone friends. Bandit, come out now and we may have a fair fight. Die with glory, in the honor of Kord!" By the end,
Dice Intimidation:
1d20-1 (4)-1 Total = 3
Drodin was shouting. He began
Dice Perception:
1d20+5 (17)+5 Total = 22
quickly scanning the treeline for the metal glint he saw before.

In anticipation of an attack from that side, Drodin readies his shield, taking a defensive stance as he looks on.


 

Last edited by VannyB; 08-22-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-22-2017, 10:37 PM
ballon's Avatar
ballon ballon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-05-2020
RPXP: 417
ballon ballon ballon ballon ballon
Posts: 2,084
Seeing the glint of possible metal and the bird abruptly taking flight, before Croveg can let the others know, as he is about to speak Drodin calls out. Cringing and shaking his head "Ah well, so much for letting the others get into position." he sighs. Looking to the left side of the road he
Dice Perception:
1d20+2 (6)+2 Total = 8
watches for any sudden movement while readying a cantrip.

Last edited by ballon; 08-22-2017 at 10:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-23-2017, 03:25 AM
Amnesianhero's Avatar
Amnesianhero Amnesianhero is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-21-2018
RPXP: 144
Amnesianhero Amnesianhero
Posts: 193
left-aligned image
Mordra

"I can't see a thing, where are these bandits?"

Mordra prepares an action: The first non-friendly thing she sees coming out of the treeline will be the recipient of an
Dice Eldritch Blast attack and damage:
d20+5 (4)+5 Total = 9
d10 3
Eldritch Blast
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-23-2017, 07:20 AM
labadaba's Avatar
labadaba labadaba is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2018
RPXP: 660
labadaba labadaba labadaba labadaba labadaba labadaba
Posts: 1,669
Jeridoon, sensing that something or two somethings are closing in on him, swiftly secures his light crossbow on his back and dons his small round shield. With zing of metal on leather, he draws his scimitar and readies himself to fend off an attack.

 

Last edited by labadaba; 08-23-2017 at 09:29 AM. Reason: revised AC to include 1/2 cover
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-23-2017, 11:24 AM
chri2m's Avatar
chri2m chri2m is offline
Let the Wookie Win
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2020
RPXP: 1156
chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m
Posts: 1,723
Tymau Claddana | Human Rogue

Narrative
right-aligned image
Tymau's eyes go wide with shock and frustration upon hearing Drodin's challenges. He can't see or hear anything in his immediate location, but he knows not to relax. Continuing low to the ground, he cranes his neck to try and understand where Drodin meant. Unfortunately it's unclear to him from the man's stance or words where the bandit may be, whether on his side or Jeridoon's. He decides to hold his position until he has more concrete information. No sense blundering in and making things worse. I wonder what Kord would say about abandoning plans... Still, our foolish cleric has honor, I'll give him that.
__________________
Not all who w(o)nder are lost... just some of us
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-23-2017, 12:59 PM
ballon's Avatar
ballon ballon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-05-2020
RPXP: 417
ballon ballon ballon ballon ballon
Posts: 2,084
Speaking in dwarven 'About 15 feet this side of the dead horse on our right side and about 10 feet into the brush where the single bird just took off."
 

Last edited by ballon; 08-23-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-23-2017, 02:27 PM
chri2m's Avatar
chri2m chri2m is offline
Let the Wookie Win
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2020
RPXP: 1156
chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m
Posts: 1,723
Tymau Claddana | Human Rogue

Narrative
right-aligned image
Dwarven? At first, Tymau thinks the bandits are Dwarves and answering Drodin's invitation. But as the truth of the information sinks in, he smiles inwardly. Clever wizard. I owe him an ale when this is all over.

He sneaks 10 feet closer to the horses. If I were setting this trap, I'd have raiders attack from both sides of the trail. Ready to leap down and across the trail to assist Drodin if necessary, Tymau remains in the underbrush on the north side of the trail watching for additional attacks.
__________________
Not all who w(o)nder are lost... just some of us
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-23-2017, 05:33 PM
CRblackfist's Avatar
CRblackfist CRblackfist is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-14-2018
RPXP: 80
CRblackfist
Posts: 286
As Drodin yells across at the southern bank you swear you catch a glimpse of metalwork through the brush, but as you ready yourself to shout out again an arrow thuds into your shield from behind you. You turn and see a humanoid form, with oily, deep yellow skin and shabby leather armour. It wields a crude, wooden short bow and is whooping with joy, jumping up and down at the prospect of hitting something. Another one of the creatures, holding a small, ugly looking mace and shield, scrambles down the northern bank and screaming wildly charges after you.

Croveg and Mordra both see this and know from your studies that these diminutive creatures emerging from the northern bank are goblins. Foul, mean little creatures, you have read that they often are found in groups and although ferocious, can be scared.

The slight screech as Jeridoon pulls his scimitar ready is followed quickly by a whoosh and a black feathered arrow passes by, knicking your right calf and leaving a nasty gash. As you jump back in surprise nursing the minor wound a small, pale orange creature with a rust covered short sword and threadbare leather armour charges through the thickets at you, bashing at you with a shield made of scrap wood planks. Luckily you manage to throw your own shield up just in time and deflect the blow, kicks no the creature away from you as you bring your own weapon up.

Tymau as you creep forward ever so closer you hear the little creatures’ cries of anger and you scan across the trail. You see one of them charging towards Drodin and across on the southern bank you see Jeridoon fight off a second one whilst a third skulks in the shadows unseen by the others. Ahead of you hear the whoops and jeers of the creature that fired from the northern bank at Drodin.

 
__________________
Characters: Harakh Thaarn The Lich Relic

DM: Lost Mines of Phandelver

Last edited by CRblackfist; 08-23-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Added info to OOC about damage
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-24-2017, 04:35 AM
CRblackfist's Avatar
CRblackfist CRblackfist is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-14-2018
RPXP: 80
CRblackfist
Posts: 286
As you shake off the creatures assault Jeridoon, it screeches in anger at you, clearly angry at now having to work to kill you. The creature reels back and leaps forward, swinging the rusty sword at your hip. You manage to deflect the blow with your scimitar and once again kick the creature off of you, part of its tattered leather falling off as you do. It snarls, baring its teeth and you notice the foul stench of the creature as it inches forward, closer to you again.

 
__________________
Characters: Harakh Thaarn The Lich Relic

DM: Lost Mines of Phandelver
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-24-2017, 07:21 AM
labadaba's Avatar
labadaba labadaba is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 10-19-2018
RPXP: 660
labadaba labadaba labadaba labadaba labadaba labadaba
Posts: 1,669
Jeridoon sights in his favorite class of enemy in the eyes of the goblin assailant. The creature's clumsy hacking was easy enough to shrug off, though the graze from the arrow from another of the vile things caught him off guard. This wound sets him into a rage, shifting the diminutive defender into the attacker. He barrels into the goblin in front of him,
Dice Melee Attack:
1d20+5 (18)+5 Total = 23
Dice damage:
1d20+3 (7)+3 Total = 10
Dice Amended Damage:
1d6+3 (4)+3 Total = 7
slicing across with his scimitar, screeching "Die!" as he follows through with the blow.

 

Last edited by labadaba; 08-24-2017 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-24-2017, 09:07 AM
Amnesianhero's Avatar
Amnesianhero Amnesianhero is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 04-21-2018
RPXP: 144
Amnesianhero Amnesianhero
Posts: 193
left-aligned image
Mordra

"Goblins?" Mordra scoffs. "Be gone, vermin!"

with that, Mordra raises her arm, and utters a word under her breath, causing
Dice Eldritch Blast attack:
d20+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
Dice Damage:
d10 1
a beam of flaming violet energy to leap from her outstretched hand to the goblin charging at Drodin, since it was foolish enough to leap out of cover.

 

Last edited by Amnesianhero; 08-24-2017 at 09:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-24-2017, 09:33 AM
VannyB's Avatar
VannyB VannyB is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-26-2018
RPXP: 288
VannyB VannyB VannyB
Posts: 451

Drodin turns to the charging goblin and narrows his eyes. This was not the fight he was expecting... a little less exciting really. We outnumber these three goblins and by the looks of their armor, they are not well equipped. How did Gundren and his companion lose to these creatures? No matter, they will not take us down so easily.

With a word and motion of his free hand to the goblin, a radiant blue bolt
Dice Guiding Bolt:
1d20+5 (16)+5 Total = 21
4d6 2, 5, 4, 4 Total = 15
flies from Drodin's palm. Connecting with the goblin, it causes the creature to The next attack has advantage on the target until my next turn.shine brilliantly for a few seconds. Drodin turns his attention to the goblin attacking Jeridoon, leaving the one out in the open to be easily cleaned up by his companions.


 


 

Last edited by VannyB; 08-24-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-24-2017, 10:09 AM
CRblackfist's Avatar
CRblackfist CRblackfist is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 06-14-2018
RPXP: 80
CRblackfist
Posts: 286
Mordra your bolt streaks out but goes astray, striking the trail far wide of your target. The goblin that was charging at Drodin takes the guiding bolt square in the chest and the impact punches a crater in the small creatures chest, knocking it back five or six feet flat on its back. The creatures wheezes, blood gushing out of its chest as it faintly glimmers a pale light, that fades as the creature wheezes one last time and stops breathing.

Drodin as you move towards the southern bank, seeing Jeridoon and another of the creatures echange blows. Jeridoon screams in anger and with a powerful swipe decapitates the ferocious monster, whose headless trunk quivers and drops its sword, before toppling over, bleeding profusely into the brush. You almost cheer but another arrows streaks out of the southern bank, from another goblin you had yet to notice. It thuds into your thigh, piercing the armour and flesh beneath, a black feather like the ones in the horses attached to it.

 
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	phandelver edit 3.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	74231  
__________________
Characters: Harakh Thaarn The Lich Relic

DM: Lost Mines of Phandelver

Last edited by CRblackfist; 08-24-2017 at 03:47 PM. Reason: edited for map attached
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-25-2017, 12:31 AM
ballon's Avatar
ballon ballon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-05-2020
RPXP: 417
ballon ballon ballon ballon ballon
Posts: 2,084
Taking aim at the goblin in front of him, Croveg starts tracing a pattern in the air with his right hand while speaking an incantation, "Naturom Demonto" as a bolt of fire fly's towards his foe.

 


Cursing in disgust as the bolt misses it's mark, when a black feathered arrow suddenly appears in Drodin's thigh Croveg frantically looks around trying to find the source. "Did anybody see where the arrow came from?"

Last edited by ballon; 08-25-2017 at 12:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-25-2017, 10:41 AM
chri2m's Avatar
chri2m chri2m is offline
Let the Wookie Win
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 07-15-2020
RPXP: 1156
chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m
Posts: 1,723
Tymau Claddana | Human Rogue

Narrative
right-aligned image
Tymau traces the route of the goblin Drodin dispatched back into the trees. There he sees another one, this one armed with shabby looking bow and aiming towards Tymau's comrades in the road. The rogue creeps north and then over to where the bowman is positioned. Silently, he lunges behind the goblin and
Dice Dagger 1 Attack (w/Adv):
1d20+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
1d20+5 (8)+5 Total = 13
Dice Dagger 1 Damage:
1d4+3 (3)+3 Total = 6
Dice Sneak Attack Damage:
1d6 2
stabs with his right hand. Leaning forward, he
Dice Dagger 2 Attack:
1d20+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
Dice Dagger 2 Damage:
1d4 1
slashes at the creature's neck.

Just as he's delivering his second strike, he hears Croveg again. Frustrated with himself for missing in optimal conditions, he knows the others are still potentially in danger. In Dwarven he cries out, "I've got at least one goblin bowman here on the north side."
__________________
Not all who w(o)nder are lost... just some of us

Last edited by chri2m; 08-25-2017 at 10:44 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:26 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2020, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB