Old Apr 21st, 2023, 09:59 AM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 45867
ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu ekidnu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
It is confusing. Sassí post made it sound like Ost was leaving, but Amb didnít let him.

If Amb is/was there, it wouldnít make sense for Pike to say those things.
To me, it reads that Amb and Sass are just responding to Pike's initial "Is uh, everything OK here?". Then Pike and Ost go off by themselves to the archery range. So I don't see any need to retcon what Pike said (which would be really confusing).
Old Apr 21st, 2023, 10:31 AM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53159
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
All good -- I just didn't want to step on your toes. I waited until it seemed like you've played through the intimidation part.

Thanks MB and enjoy your vacation!
Old May 1st, 2023, 08:04 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
'Tis the season!

Just letting you know that I will be traveling May 12 - 29 and June 5 - July 12. Expect slow to no posting during this time.
Old May 1st, 2023, 08:32 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
Enjoy Ekid!

I’m out there last week in June and the last 10 days of July
Old May 3rd, 2023, 10:40 AM
Man・Earth・Sky
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame 2015  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame DM 2018

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 63657
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Word, we'll move things as we can. I'll try to get a post up tonight, but the kids have been under the weather and I suspect I'm not long for this world.
Old May 6th, 2023, 03:04 PM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
@MB: Sorry, I'm not trying to ignore Ambareesh, but I wasn't sure how to fit him into Mara's investigation, and I didn't want to lead him one way or another. He's free to pursue whichever path seems best.
Old May 8th, 2023, 10:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35717
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
No problem and I appreciate the note.
@Sass are there any religious folks here, or any shrines or druids in the forest he can visit? Ambareesh is exhausted from being stuck in the lodge for so many days.
Old May 8th, 2023, 12:38 PM
Man・Earth・Sky
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame 2015  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame DM 2018

Tools
User Statistics
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
There's a shrine to Erastil not far from the Lodge near a supposedly druidic grove. Ostovach or Belik could point you there.
Old May 14th, 2023, 10:00 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
Apologies on the delay. Will do my best to get by biased rendition of the information receive tomorrow
Old May 16th, 2023, 12:30 PM
Man・Earth・Sky
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame 2015  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame DM 2018

Tools
User Statistics
Since you're both new, this is how ekidnu hiatus has worked over the past decade: I play Mara, with ekidnu's approval, and she becomes an assistant or a side character based on need. I'm happy to provide her as needed, and then we'll get to the concert when ekidnu gets back and get this day over with. Investigation is entirely in both of your hands, and remember you also have access to Jamir and Runa.

If I can give a suggestion: Jamir and Mara will want someone to get a look in the Warden's office, to see why he wouldn't let Mara in earlier. She is willing to be a distraction, as needed, and Jamir would want to be in on this to help decipher information.

Sound good?
Old Jun 2nd, 2023, 11:35 PM
Man・Earth・Sky
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame 2015  

Hall of Fame DM 2017  

Hall of Fame DM 2018

Tools
User Statistics
Hey folks, some of you know this is coming, others suspect this is coming, whatever the case, it's here.

After some reflection, and the slowed rate of this game in the past few months, I've decided there's no point dragging it along any further. After all the cast changes, both on the player side and character side, the fact we're not even halfway through the AP after ten years despite the love and care we've put into characters and posts, and the detail we poured into the setting and building a story that mattered to us, I'm going to have to call it quits. My time on RPGX has, similarly, come to a close and not in a good way, and CC was the only thing I had left keeping me here. The site is not what it once was and will only continue to drift behind, and I have other time commitments, elsewhere and offline entirely.

I started this game before I was married, and now I've got two kids. This game has been central to my creative life for eleven years now. It taught me more about gaming than playing in person ever did, taught me more about writing than courses in undergrad did. I've met people I adore and lifelong friends in this game, and I owe it plenty. Better to end gracefully while I can.

ekidnu, you are 80% of the reason I kept the game going as long as I did, alongside Thorsten, Cedric, and phinar. You are a blessing and your honesty has been both refreshing, rewarding, and much desired. Mara is a brilliant character and I will always remember the mermaid diva you made as a dare, of all things.

Squeak, you're an absolute saint for taking on a well-established character and making it your own. You're spunky, energetic, and wonderful, and I wish you the best as you step away from being a red and becoming a green.

mountainbound, I've never shied away from being naked in my admiration for you as a writer, as a DM, and as a player. It's a shame we've had to end like this but you're brilliant and will continue to be, here and elsewhere.

To anyone who comes and reads this after the fact who was a member of the game at any point, I love you all and wish you only the best. Except Quarterpound, you ass. You know why

I'll check my PMs periodically and otherwise you lot know how to find me, whether on Discord, on better sites than RPGX, or just in general.

Long live Carrion Crown.
Old Jun 3rd, 2023, 06:11 AM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
Completely understand and classy exit Sass!
Old Jun 3rd, 2023, 11:05 AM
Nargle

Tools
User Statistics
Itís sad but understandableóthe writing is on the wall, and itís time to move on. Carrion Crown is one of the most rewarding games Iíve ever been in; I feel very fortunate to have been part of this extraordinary experience. No other game has such rich, wonderful writing from each and every participant. No other GM creates such an immersive world filled with vibrant, interesting NPCs. Sass, you are a master of your craft. And to think that I almost missed out on this game! Iím glad I responded to that dare.

Thanks for making a clean, definitive break Sass. I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
Old Jun 3rd, 2023, 10:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35717
mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound mountainbound
Thanks for the chance to be a part of this game, Sass. Even in its latter days it was something special and I’m always sad to see things made with care go away. That said, if you have poured this much heart into a game, I can only imagine what you are capable of creating in real life. Now maybe you’ll have a little more space for other projects. Speaking of which, I can only imagine that those two kids you have running around now are no doubt interesting little people — if not forces to be reckoned with already.
I’ll pm you my email and let’s keep in touch.
Phinar and squeak, always a pleasure gaming with you.
Best to all