RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Mar 18th, 2024, 02:17 PM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 732
Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71
[D&D-5E] Adventurer Seeks Adventure

I am currently running 3 games, one of which is a 5E game set in Faerun (I'm running Lost Mine of Phandelver). And for as much fun as I'm having running this game, I want to play. I want to be a character, and go on adventures, and be heroic and do the awesome deeds, and collect all the kewl lewt. You know, all the stuff that goes with being a player.

I've been perusing the Games Seeking Players subforum, and recently only 1 such game caught my eye. And unfortunately, I didn't get in. Which is both understandable and a bummer; you can't get into every game, but the sting isn't lessened knowing that. There are other games that have popped up there that sound interesting, but they don't have that certain allure that would make me want to play. It's nothing against those games; they just have elements that I don't want to deal with.

So I come here to see if there are any games that someone may wish to run, or that are currently running that might need new blood (or victims). I have a decent list of stuff I'd like to see in a game. None are game-breaking, and any of them could (potentially) be altered to suit the GM and their vision. The list consists of:
  • D&D 5E, with most OFFICIAL books allowed. I dislike homebrew, primarily because it tends to be overpowered and created simply for someone to have a one-hit-kill button. I also dislike Eberron, primarily because this is supposed to be medieval fantasy, not cyberpunk in the middle ages. If I wanted cyber- or steam-punk, I'd play one of those games. Nothing against people who want more machines and guns in their D&D. I just don't want them in mine.
  • I'd like to start in the neighborhood of 2nd level. 1st is fine; 3rd is fine. 2nd is preferred, and no higher than 3rd.
  • I'd prefer to stick to Faerun or Greyhawk...and I'd rather not dive into Eberron. To put a finer point on what I said above, Warforged and guns aren't my style.
  • I'm good with any official adventure, boxed set, campaign, etc. But if I had to pick and say "this one right here", I'd have to vote for either Out of the Abyss or Curse of Strahd. I've only ever played the opening of OotA, and I've only ever GM'ed the opening of CoS. Never gotten beyond the opening combat in OotA, and I've never played CoS. And both of these seem really awesome with the right group and GM.
  • I'm ok with evil alignments, provided the whole group is evil. Evil can, and will at times, work together for a common goal, provided everyone is having fun.
    The only alignment I will not play, nor will I play with, is Chaotic Neutral. Too many people use this as an excuse to do anything they want, and it kills games.

I'm good with most house rules, having crafted several myself to take care of issues that have cropped up. I'm also not looking to set land-speed records with posting, so long as we get a post per week and the game actually moves forward.

I'd prefer to not be in a group larger than 5-6 PC's; I've found that groups larger than this tend to have more attrition as people get bored waiting around. I've also found that groups smaller than this tend to get lost in not wanting to do anything as they don't think they can handle much. 5-6 is just right, and that's what I'd be after.

So is there anyone out there willing to take on a new game like this and have me in it? Is anyone running something that needs an influx of new blood that would be willing to take me in? Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

And, as always, if there are any questions, please ask! I really do mean that. I cannot get my point across fully if someone doesn't understand something and they don't speak up and let me know that I need to slow down or clarify. So please ask!
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 05:42 AM
BlackDragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6204
BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0 BlackDragon0
Join the club I have no 5e games currently. I'm even willing to take my dragonborn cleric storm (lv3) from wm on a adventure just to play 5e.
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 07:56 AM
very preem, choom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2802
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Scarecrow71, I don't have a 5e - or even DnD - game available to GM for you, but would you be interested in another type of game?

I've sent a PM!

Update: RL hit hard, expect updates all over in the next day or two!

Last edited by Rockerboy; Mar 19th, 2024 at 09:35 AM.
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 09:56 AM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragon0 View Post
Join the club I have no 5e games currently. I'm even willing to take my dragonborn cleric storm (lv3) from wm on a adventure just to play 5e.
I'd prefer new characters to start with. That way we are all using the same creation rules and not trying to shoehorn another character into a new game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockerboy View Post
Scarecrow71, I don't have a 5e - or even DnD - game available to GM for you, but would you be interested in another type of game?

I've sent a PM!
As much as I appreciate the offer, I sorely dislike solo games. I'm also not interested in learning a new system at the moment; I really want to do D&D 5E.
Old Mar 19th, 2024, 04:27 PM
very preem, choom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2802
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Alright, no problem.

Update: RL hit hard, expect updates all over in the next day or two!
Old Apr 2nd, 2024, 06:31 PM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
So, nobody then? 2 weeks, only response was for a different system?