Notices

Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:33 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 320
NostraDomus NostraDomus NostraDomus NostraDomus
Hello

Hey everyone. I'm NostroDomus. I've been thinking about joining the site for a while and finally did it. I've been playing rpgs for a couple of years now and am excited to see if I can find something to play on here.

Thanks
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 02:20 AM
very preem, choom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2902
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Your arrival was foretold, NostraDomus... welcome!

But really, great to see you, and this community is great at providing games of all sorts. Head on over to the Games Seeking Players forum, when you have a chance, and see if anything catches your eye!
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 06:22 AM
GMing in Rome and Gareth.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5888
Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin
Welcome NostraDomus! What kind of games are you looking for here? Besides the Games Seeking Players subforum, you might be interested in a New Player Solo Game to have your personal GM walk you through forum-based play using a fun little scenario.
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 08:15 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90089
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Glad to have you finally pull the trigger and join. Hope you like it here, we have a ton of RPGs for you to try and enjoy.

Happy gaming!
Old Apr 23rd, 2024, 09:44 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks. Glad to be here. I’ll definitely check out that Games Seeker Players forum and I’ll look into the Solos for New Players forum too. Those sound like great places to hunt around.

My home group usually does a lot of D&D, so I’m looking for something other than that here. I love some of the PbtA and Forged in the Dark games.I own a ton of those books but have a hard time getting buy in from my home group, so finding some of that here would be cool. I’ve also been into Basic Roleplaying Game a lot lately for more gritty stuff along with some other more “traditional” games. I also like the new and indie games and just trying stuff out. So I’m pretty all over the place.

I’m pretty into sci-fi, fantasy, action, superheroes and shonen/seinen anime so finding something to scratch those itches would be great. Some action and a lot of character development is what I like. Pretty straightforward.

And I love to GM as well as play, so maybe there will be an opportunity for that here too. I’ve got a few ideas for adventures I’d love to play in and/or run, so we’ll see about that when the time comes.

Last edited by NostraDomus; Apr 23rd, 2024 at 01:26 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 10:29 AM
Swords, not words!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54060
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
Hiya Nostrodomus

Welcome to the site. You'll find a very lively superhero game community here, as well as some indie games and a lot of variety of genre, so I say you've come to the right spot. Have fun exploring, and if you run into any questions, please let us know! We're glad you're here.

-LC
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 12:14 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20171
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy NostraDomus,

So, are you are seer? Tell us a bit more about yourself. Are you new to PbP? What RPG system do you prefer? We have a whole host of different RPG systems for you to try out. How about genre, do you prefer high magic, low magic, historical fiction, high tech, horror, sci fi/future tech etc.? Do you have a favorite character class, race? Do you know how much wood a woodchuck chucks, if a woodchuck, could chuck wood?

There are a lot of choices for various RPG systems here, although PF and D&D are the two most common. We have quite a few games with very long legs here. In fact, I talk about one below. To start, you may want to check out a solo game. This will help you learn the site tools, since each site is a bit different.

As far as finding games goes, try here. This is where there are games seeking players. It can be a bit daunting but don't give up. It may take a few applications before you get accepted...but it's worth it once you're in. This is a great place to scratch your RPG itch and interact with some great DMs and players. There is some incredible role playing going on here. I thought I was a pretty good story teller, but I have been put to shame by the quality of many of the players...and I have learned a lot.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for a few years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 03:06 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks LC. I appreciate that. Iíll be sure to keep my eyes open, but that sounds great!

Iíve started one of those new player solos and so far so good, lol. I AM a seer. If itís right in front of me I may find what Iím looking for, and if happened in my hindsight, then the Vision is 20/20, lol.

Iíve been playing off and on for years now and sometimes running games. I did a couple of Freeform games on other sites and Google Plus (one was a neon genesis evangelism game. Another was a high fantasy game and a third was a romance/intrigue version of The Magicians by Lev Grossman). It was a lot of fun but then those games slowed down and stopped and went to real life play. Thatís about my whole PbP experience.

Iíve played a few games but bought and read a ton. Iím running a D&D 5e game now.and if Iím asked to run something, Iusually go to Cortex Prime, Cypher System, Basic RoleplayingGame, and Tristat Core because I love them so much and the math is easy to make a character. My oldest and truest love for systems is GURPS though. And almost any new game that I hear about I want to support, but, read and play, lol.

As far as genre and theme. Sign me up for almost anything super heroic, heroic fantasy, crime or espionage. Seems those games pretty rarely let me down and I usually have a lot to say about them. Pirates, swashbucklers and martial artists also call to me and I usually play something like that in all the games Iím in, lol.

Wow! That Reluctant Heroes game looks amazing. Iíll have to spend some time flipping through there.

Iím hoping that if the community and I get along well, I can go through my punch list of dream games to play and/or run. So far itís looking pretty good.

And I think 23 chucks.
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 03:16 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20171
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
GURPS is so much fun and there are so many supplements you can pretty much play anything you want! I had a GURPS phase a long time ago, but the group was small and eventually just petered out. That was back in the days of 2e and everyone wanted to play that, if I remember my timeline correctly. I've played more RPGs than I care to remember, although my favorites are D&D (AD&D and 5e), L5R, and King Arthur Pendragon.
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 05:00 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah! Love GURPs. It’s great. And all the supplements are great. I use some of them now even without using GURPs. Just for background information.

I love King Arthur Pendragon. Definitely a favorite of mine. And there’s a game called Fight 2 Survive that’s kind of like Pendragon (high stakes, generational growth and character handoffs) that’s about gritty street fighting and martial arts.
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 05:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9899
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, NostraDomus! I'm also a fan of GURPS! I hope you're enjoying the site and your New Player Solo Game!
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 02:03 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah! Thanks. So far so good.
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 11:34 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 74377
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Welcome to the site, NostraDomus! I see you're posting in some game thread applications already--good for you! (And that Volksfreistaat Berlin looks awesome!) Hope you find your niche and enjoy gaming with others on the site!
Old May 1st, 2024, 09:24 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11482
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
right-aligned image

ĎAllo and Welcome NostraDomus!

Grab a drink, some snacks, and have fun exploring the site. If you have any questions, feel free to ask and someone will be more than happy to answer them.
Old May 1st, 2024, 10:59 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hey! Thanks!