Notices

Old May 3rd, 2024, 11:08 AM
Retired Zoid Pilot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 250
TheOhioShamaness TheOhioShamaness TheOhioShamaness
A return, or something like it

A mysterious black coffin, bound with chains and covered in magical seals and runes floats before you.

Then, off in the distance, an ancient melody from a previous millennia begins playing. The first few chords ring straight through to your soul as the coffin begins to rumble and twitch, the chains on it shaking and straining.

Without warning, the chains give way and the coffin lid bursts open, kicked aside by a polished Doc Marten with rainbow laces. From deep within the darkness of the coffin, a woman's baritone voice rings out in perfect time with the dreadful tune echoing on the horizon.

"Somebody once told me the world was gonna roll me, I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed..."

Out from the coffin, the singer emerges. Her hair adorned with a pair of deer antlers, her face colored in neon purple and cyan warpaint harkening back to the 1980's. Her grin and eyes betray a certain madness as she looks around the scene before her, taking in what has changed and what has stayed the same...

Hello hello hello everyone! Many many moons ago I haunted this wonderful place and had a lot of fun doing so. Sadly my Shaman of Ohio, for those interestedold account is lost behind an email address I cannot remember. But then again, that was nearly a decade, a divorce, a gender change, and several hairstyles ago. So, like many other things, I've decided it was simply easier to start afresh and anew.

So, let us all raise a toast to old friends and new, to endings and beginnings, and to stories wrapped up and yet untold.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 12:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4502
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
good morning vietnam! welcome another new soul to the rice fields
Old May 3rd, 2024, 03:03 PM
Swords, not words!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54060
lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio lostcheerio
A warm welcome to you TheOhioShamaness! Wow, what an entrance! I don't believe I knew you in your previous iteration, but I'm glad your back, better than ever. Huzzah!

What kinds of games are you looking to play?

-LC
Old May 3rd, 2024, 08:38 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 74377
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Welcome (again) to the site!
Here's to new beginnings! Hope your second coming is everything you want it to be!
Old May 3rd, 2024, 09:04 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90089
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

glad you made your way back, through life's strange and twisting journey. Good that you didn't get lost. Always a place for you here.

Happy gaming!
Old May 3rd, 2024, 10:17 PM
Retired Zoid Pilot

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostcheerio View Post
What kinds of games are you looking to play?
Good ones~ Heh.

No but really, I was a big Pathfinder 1e nerd, but I've been getting into 2e lately. Have some practice in DnD 5e that I'm always looking to improve on. I'm also a huge champion of smaller games, so things like Lancer, the 40k RPGs, PtbA, heck I've even run Pokemon.
Old May 3rd, 2024, 10:39 PM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90089
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
FYI, you can PM birched about getting your old account back into your hands, if you wish.

There's some hoops to get through, but I think it can be done even with the lost email/system/password. Your choice...
Old May 4th, 2024, 05:23 AM
Retired Zoid Pilot

Tools
User Statistics
Oh I did try that, had a nice email exchange with them before hand. But honestly, its been so dang long (literally, almost a decade at this point) so its not like I'm picking back up in any game or anything. We shall start afresh and anew.
Old May 4th, 2024, 09:52 PM
GMing in Rome and Gareth.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5888
Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin
A welcome back, or something like it. Hope you find some good games soon.
Old May 6th, 2024, 08:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9899
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome back, TheOhioShamaness! And what an awesome introduction! . I hope you find a few fun games to join on the site!
Old May 7th, 2024, 07:01 AM
Forever ruffled

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23983
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
It's a good home for PbtA here and there's been some Lancer games about too, so you might be in a good place here. Good luck finding what you're after!
Old May 7th, 2024, 01:11 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
Akaria Akaria Akaria Akaria
Awesome to see im not the only one returning after years with a new account and gender! I wish you the best of fun!
Old May 7th, 2024, 07:43 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20171
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy TheOhioShamaness,

What an absolutely awesome introductory post. Come in and have fun with us! We are a fun loving bunch and there's nothing to worry about. Well, except the occasional ghoul trying to nibble on your toes like they're gherkins. Tell us a bit more about yourself. What is your favorite RPG system? I'm a D&D 5e guy but I also love L5R and King Arthur Pendragon. How about genre, do you prefer high magic, low magic, historical fiction, high tech, horror, sci fi/future tech, etc.? Do you have a favorite character class, race? Do you know how much wood a woodchuck chucks, if a woodchuck, could chuck wood?

There are a lot of choices for various RPG systems here, although PF and D&D are the two most common. We have quite a few games with very long legs here. In fact, I talk about one below. To start, you may want to check out a solo game. This will help you learn the site tools, since each site is a bit different.

As far as finding games goes, try here. This is where there are games seeking players. It can be a bit daunting but don't give up. It may take a few applications before you get accepted...but it's worth it once you're in. This is a great place to scratch your RPG itch and interact with some great DMs and players. There is some incredible role playing going on here. I thought I was a pretty good story teller, but I have been put to shame by the quality of many of the players...and I have learned a lot.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for a few years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Old May 13th, 2024, 01:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10400
Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman Horseman
Welcome back !
Old May 19th, 2024, 02:46 PM
Truculent Troubadour

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33497
Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim Black Jim
I still haven't had the pleasure to run into you on the forum. Have you had a chance to try some of the Open Roleplaying options? I have found quick, mildly challenging, quality interactions with the community on the variety of options offered there. Become an "Upper" in the Tug of War. Challenge your wit with a creative post in the Caption Contest. Struggle to identify the mystery topic in 100 Questions or creatively compose a poem for the poetry contest (not really a contest, more of a "casual poets society"). Whatever you choose to do, don't hesitate to say HELLO!

I'm glad to see you back with us. Enjoy your gaming opportunities and don't be afraid to grab a hold of one of us "Reds" when you have a question, suggestion, issue, or compliment!

Become a Community Supporter.