Go Back   RPG Crossing > Discussions > General Discussion
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 16th, 2024, 09:20 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20171
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseman View Post
I'm one of the few weirdos that kinda liked Ryan Reynolds Green Lantern. I'm not much of a comic book guy, so there was not a lot to live up to. I know all comic book fans hated it, not sure why. There have certainly been much worse superhero movies made.
Horseman,

I’m with you. I didn’t love it but I certainly didn’t think it was as bad many others, including Ryan Reynolds, thinks it was. But, I’m no fan of comic books either, so I’m no purist.
Old May 16th, 2024, 10:04 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3890
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Hmm....i read comics as a wee nipper, but that was a long, long time ago. When Marvel/DC first hit the big screen, they were very entertaining and I liked them (Not you, Green Lantern!) but I got bored with the repetitive format some 10 years ago. I didn't even go to the cinema to watch Endgame. In fact, I think Age of Ultron was the last one.
Old May 16th, 2024, 10:32 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16938
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
I’ll spare the commentary on how online media seems to have shifted to list based formats over the years, and simply put this here. It’s a list of long movies that are good because that needed to exist. Maybe it has something to do with the constant push for quantity over quality and lists are easier to make… wait. Wasn’t going to go into that.

It’s a decent list of movies. I haven’t seen them all, and will check a few out.
Old May 18th, 2024, 12:27 AM
Haroog!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29414
ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove ruffdove
Deadpool is the only superhero movie franchise I'll watch. At some point in the middle of Age of Ultron back in 2015, I just threw up my hands and said "that's it. I can't do this anymore." The Marvel thing got too cutesy and self-aware. Yes, Deadpool is cutesy and self-aware, but he's making fun of it, and it's funny.

Deadpool 2 was a good sequel btw. I know it won't have been a lot of people's cup of tea, but I also thought the Top Gun sequel was good and far better than the original.

Agreed on foreign film, Moonzar. Some of the best stuff I've seen lately has been Indian. In addition, I loved Godzilla -1... which is significant because I absolutely hate kaiju movies and expected to hate -1, too. It was a really masterfully done movie and all for $15 million in production budget... which is less than most Hollywood productions spend on catering.
Old May 18th, 2024, 08:54 AM
He/him/his

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34229
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Oh yes, i saw godzilla -1, it was surprisingly good.

Not sure why but there is kind of a rebirth about godzilla in Japan these days. They even put a giant one on a skycrapper in Tokyo.
Old May 19th, 2024, 03:01 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
Okay so I’m up watching my Mom’s dogs for the week while she’s on holiday. Turns out my brother got her an android box. Between this and my PlayStation I’m hoping not to see the sun much.

The Wolverine: It was a fun movie. I turned off the last 20 minutes.
Just put on Apocalypse Now after checking the list I posted. It seems this is the 3:15hr extended version. Whatever. I’ve got the time. How have I never seen this? I feel like I’ve started it and given up a few times over the years.
Old May 19th, 2024, 04:49 PM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Raylorne,

You’ve never seen Apocalypse Now? You are in for a treat, albeit a dark treat. Next you should check out the Deer Hunter. Another classic.
Old May 19th, 2024, 05:59 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
Ooooh yeah deer hunter. I’ll do that next. I’m having to pause this movie a fair bit. I’ve still got an hour left. Definitely seen this movie before, but I’ve forgotten most of it. Combined with the extended scenes it’s mostly been a new experience.
Old May 19th, 2024, 06:34 PM
He/him/his

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34229
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Oh wow you never saw this? Have fun.
Old May 19th, 2024, 07:46 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
I’ve definitely don’t remember what’s coming up. The dinner with the French I vaguely recall. I started a fire with the expectation of finishing the movie while it burned itself up from start. I built the fire poorly and spent a lot of time screwing around with it. Now it’s going and the sun is about to set. I think I’ll sit out here with my beverage and the dogs and finish the movie tomorrow. It’s going to feel obligatory at that point but c’est la vie.
Old May 20th, 2024, 05:21 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ildrahil View Post
Raylorne,

You’ve never seen Apocalypse Now? You are in for a treat, albeit a dark treat. Next you should check out the Deer Hunter. Another classic.
I thought there are certain films that EVERYONE has seen, and quite taken back when I hear things to the contrary, like Raylorne not seeing Apocalypse Now. I thought this may be an isolated incident, but then my wife tells me she has never seen E.T.

What on earth...

Last edited by Drifter One; May 20th, 2024 at 05:21 AM.
Old May 20th, 2024, 08:14 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
And my wife has never seen The Godfather.
Old May 20th, 2024, 08:52 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
I’ve seen apocalypse now it turns out. I just barely remember it.
Old May 20th, 2024, 09:55 AM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53159
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
I've never seen Titanic or Shawshank.

I know I need to remedy Shawshank, but I have no desire to watch Titanic.
Old May 20th, 2024, 10:18 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
The boat sinks. The rest is fluff