Game Thread To the Call of Cthulhu:Horror on the Orient Express-Les Fleurs Du Mal - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Nov 21st, 2022, 08:31 AM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 36835
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 11,076
Les Fleurs Du Mal
Remi Vangeim
right-aligned image
"Keep that man away from me!" Remi pointed at Nikka and avoided him as he perched in the corner. Henrietta picked up the papers from the floor and noticed they were in French. The writing looked to be a manuscript in presentation-not a letter or notes. There were some scratch outs and edits in another hand.

Nearby Jimmy tried to comfort Mei. He reached towards the young woman and placed his overcoat over her shoulders. "There, that should help." Jimmy had his suit jacket on, and the room was only brisk if not cold. The man's thin frame was visible, and Mei could see he was immediately self conscious as she glanced at him without the overcoat.

"It's over, whatever it was. Just a draft." Jimmy's look let Mei know the Brit's true impression. They had felt something supernatural. His look told her he was pushing the horror away in favor of the fact of their investigation. Jimmy looked at Vangeim as he answered Lady Smythe-Porter.

"Connell sent a letter of introduction. What you would be looking for in our stacks. I've had no luck so far, but there are some leads. He mentioned a Lady Smythe-Porter would be calling. As I said, we are, were, friends." Remi looked down at his papers and started organizing them in order to avoid direct eye-contact with the investigators.

"Tell me what you want. This is dangerous work. Connell is dead. You will pay me for this risk. Tell me where to start our work."



The KeeperWhat would you like to do?

 

 

 

 

[/QUOTE]
__________________
PC: Giants (Raackma), Traveller (Gunny Jack), Icewind Dale (Barnaby)

Last edited by Bluejack; Nov 21st, 2022 at 08:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 05:56 AM
Mitsubachi's Avatar
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi is online now
Busy Bee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 23rd, 2024
RPXP: 8118
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Posts: 3,832
Mei Li
right-aligned image


"Oh, so kind..." said Mei, lowering her eyes and feeling a blush come to her cheeks. Jimmy placed the overcoat around her shoulders and she was instantly warmer. She stole a furtive glance, witnessing the whip-thin frame of the Englishman. He shifted, and she realised he might be self-conscious, so she quickly averted her gaze. But not before she caught a look in his eyes.

"It's over, whatever it was. Just a draft," he said.

The look in his eyes did not match the words. Mei frowned. He had felt something, just like her. Jimmy next concentrated on the French librarian, and Mei followed his lead, focusing on the matter at hand. The experience... whatever it was... they would have to discuss later.

The stormy conversation did not seem to be going well for anyone, with M. Vangeim still glowering in the corner.

Mei returned Jimmy's coat. She had stopped trembling now - the warmth of the gesture itself rather than the garment had girded her spirit. She stepped forward and addressed Remi.

"Monsieur Vangeim, please excuse me. I am Mei Li. I have only recently joined my friends here, so I am not acquainted with M. Connell. There seems to be an understandable rise of emotions for everyone in this room, and perhaps we did not mean some of the things that were said.

Let us start again.

Our request is very simple. We wish to look up a Comte Fenalik in your records. We of course understand there may be a small fee. Is that at all possible, s'il vous plaît?"


OOCLet's try a charm...

Vs CHARM 70
Dice Roll:
d100 84


 
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 11:33 AM
Mitsubachi's Avatar
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi is online now
Busy Bee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 23rd, 2024
RPXP: 8118
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Posts: 3,832
OOCUsing 14 points of Luck reduces the score to 70 for a pass.
Luck reduced to 48 points.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Nov 23rd, 2022, 06:02 PM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 36835
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 11,076
Les Fleurs Du Mal
Remi Vangeim
right-aligned image
"Assurément, Madam." Remi looked at Mei and ignored the others. A smile crept onto his face to replace his scowl. While the librarian before looked ready to help-begrudgingly- now Mei's wiles had turned the Frenchman completely around.

"And what shall happen to the KMT when Sun Yat-Sen dies, hmm? They say he is fading quickly. Some in the Comintern say it is cancer."Remi looked absorbed in his comments now, the Chinese woman drawing all his attention. "Chen Duxiu will have some hard days ahead, I think." The librarian nodded knowingly at Mei, and she felt compelled to nod with him lest the spell be broken.

"Compte Fenelik, Oui. There must be more? Surely there is more?"

"You can help me, Madam. You and one other. The rest will have to find other ways to occupy their time." Remi looked the rest of the investigators up and down. "Not him," Remi said as he pointed at Nikka.



The KeeperMei has won the day! She is now tied to Remi if you expect the best out of him. One more to do the library work as well. You certainly should have more questions for Remi.

Other leads for the rest of the team, perhaps? Lodging and looking around Paris are also options.

 

 

 

 

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
__________________
PC: Giants (Raackma), Traveller (Gunny Jack), Icewind Dale (Barnaby)
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Nov 24th, 2022, 02:51 PM
Jon's Avatar
Jon Jon is offline
... in his element!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2024
RPXP: 26871
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
Posts: 6,080
Henrietta Smythe-Porter – Paris, the library
right-aligned image

”Thank you M.Vangeim …” Hernrietta said, opening her notebook ”… now let me see.” she flicked the pages back and forth, then said ”Mei, Milly, of course we are looking for anything we can find about the Devil’s Similare, but a few other things you could do some digging into here with the kind M.Vangeim. Let’s see … there is anything about the Simulacrum – maybe you could search the periodicals; similarly if there is any grizzly business involving skinning in any way; and also anything about the Shunned Mosque in Constantinople. Oh – and of course the dispatches from the Napoleonic war – apparently a piece was carried into Venice when they invaded – there should be some reference you can dig out.”

She looked at the pair with sympathy before adding. ”You two have your work cut out for you in the next couple of days. I hope you are up to it.” She smiled as a school ma’am might on handing out a particularly involved assignment.



”And M.Vengeim, one more thing…” she said ”… I’d like to see if I can track down certain artefacts I hear were in circulation here five or so years ago. Doubtless they would have passed through some establishments or salons in the City. They are very rare and sought after by the right collector - Turkish or Arabic in origin we think – close to your area of interests. Are there any establishments or individuals that you would advise us to start with?”


ooc
Looking for a hook for the piece in circulation in Paris.

 




 
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 11:28 AM
Mitsubachi's Avatar
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi is online now
Busy Bee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 23rd, 2024
RPXP: 8118
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Posts: 3,832
Mei Li
right-aligned image


Mei witnessed the way Vangeim looked at her, and understood it was not just her words that had turned his head and obtained his cooperation. That was fine. As long as their objective was achieved, she would play her part. The "fee" would have to come later.

The Frenchman mentioned Sun Yat-Sen, and even the rising Chen Duxiu. He was very informed of the current politics of mainland China. Mei bowed her head in deference.

"It is difficult to see future, for sure, Monsieur. I myself am from Hong Kong, and witnessing this upheaval is difficult."

It was a noncommittal response, but intended to engage and appreciate his opinions.

Then Vangeim declared that it should be Mei, and one other. She looked around the group, at a loss. Her first thought was toward Nikka... but Vangeim had made his feelings clear. Her heart went out to the Japanese. She knew how such a dishonour would burn, even after his compelling and heartfelt apology. Next she thought of Jimmy. She ached to speak with him further about their experience, but her impression was that he would not appreciate being cooped up amongst the stacks of records in the library, nor would his skills be best employed here.

Similarly, Henrietta... Well, she already was demonstrating her intentions to move on, in her customary verbose way.

Of course! Milly, of them all, would be best suited to such a task. She turned to the English army veteran.

"Would you accompany us, Sir?" then she looked back to the Frenchman, offering her arm as if he were to escort her. "If it pleases Monsieur?"


 
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Nov 25th, 2022, 11:29 AM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 36835
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 11,076
Les Fleurs Du Mal
Remi Vangeim
right-aligned image
Remi furiously started taking noted with his pencil on his notes. Whereas just moments before he had seemed reluctant to help, now he was inspired. He nodded to Henrietta.

"You two with me then,"Remi gestured to Hilly and Mei. "As for the rest of you, Le Puces might be a good place to start? Some antiques dealers. As you know, Paris has many museums that might have information. I am a librarian, after all." Remi shrugged then and started to bring the English officer and young woman to the exit towards the library and not the drawing room.

As an afterthought, the French writer through over a shoulder. "The Turkish embassy? A random thought." He took Hilly and Mei inside into the Bibliothecque.




The Keeper
Where will the rest of the team go? I will post Mei and Hilly tomorrow. Hilly and Mei need to make a Library roll and any other rolls you feel will help you find the needed information.

Feel free to Google search 1920s Paris. You can go anywhere! the Eiffel Tower, the Catacombs, Notre Dame, the Sorbone, museums, shops, hospitals, morgues. Use your imagination!

 

 

 

 

[/QUOTE][/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
__________________
PC: Giants (Raackma), Traveller (Gunny Jack), Icewind Dale (Barnaby)
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Nov 26th, 2022, 11:11 AM
Jon's Avatar
Jon Jon is offline
... in his element!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2024
RPXP: 26871
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
Posts: 6,080
Henrietta Smythe-Porter – Paris, the library
right-aligned image

”Well those two will certainly have their work cut out for them. Shall we?” Henrietta said to Nikka and Jimmy, encouraging them to move on.


The three investigators, whose relationship had been forged in the perils of London left the library with Henrietta chatting about their alternatives. ”Well we have the whole city in front of us. I’d not think Le Puces for an artefact like this – a flea market is not quite the place for a lost statuette of power. Unless …” she paused, then said ”… unless, James you think you can blend in in that place. One can never know what rumours one might hear. I’m afraid that I should stick out like a sore thumb.”

And so the gentlewoman continued at they flagged down a taxi on the street ”I think I should like to start with the Seligmanns. The brothers opened some places on the Place Vendome I understand – have you been to the Place Vendome? Quite charming. Well, the last I heard they were doing quite a trade in decorative Byzantine pieces. I don’t know if I’d call our manikin decorative, but I suspect it would attract the same kind of collectors.”

”Anyone care to join me?” she said climbing into the cab before issuing the instruction to head for the Place Vendome.




ooc
Here’s a start at least

 




 
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Nov 27th, 2022, 08:58 AM
Begon Ugo's Avatar
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo is online now
Feeding my addiction...
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 23rd, 2024
RPXP: 49942
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
Posts: 12,773
Masataka 'Nikka' Taketsuru
left-aligned image
Nika’s face burned with embarrassment as Remi felt the need to remind everyone of his recent harsh actions. As punishment, Nikka would be barred from staying with Mei. It was a double edge sword plunged into his chest and he wanted nothing more than to throttle the bookish worm. Masataka knew that if he stayed any longer he would find it hard to control his rising anger and so with a stiff bow towards Remi, Nikka quickly walked away.

Even through the fog of anger, Henrietta still could make Nikka smile as she listed off possible places to visit in Paris. She reminded Nikka of his dear Rita, all get up and go. No nonsense.

The City of Lights had always been a destination for Nikka, but not like this. The city was in turmoil as the workers of France fought for better pay and working conditions while the upper class proceeded to act as if the war had never even occurred. The worker shortage from all the dead young men had upended the social scales. The bolshevik revolution stood as a stark example of how the workers could gain the upper hand, once and for all, yet the rich kept themselves occupied with high fashion and extravagance.

“I am at your mercy, Henrietta.” Nikka said with a shrug of his shoulders. “I do not speak the French language and my working knowledge of the city is miniscule at best. I have heard there is a Freemason Museum here in Paris, a place to find oddities and curiosities. Perhaps they know of this Simulacrum?”


Ooc

OOC
 

 
__________________
Extinction is the rule. Survival is the exception.
I have taken The Oath of Sangus
Most people are not just comfortable in their ignorance, but hostile to anyone who points it out.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Nov 27th, 2022, 02:36 PM
Warson's Avatar
Warson Warson is offline
CallHill Minion
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 16th, 2023
RPXP: 14079
Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson Warson
Posts: 2,363
In a Foreign Land
left-aligned image
James "Jimmy", "Little Jimmy" Mott
James Mott walked along side Henrietta and Nikka on the streets of Paris as the Lady spoke of possible next steps and the amiable gentleman stated his agreement to whatever Hernietta thought best.

Jimmy had absolutely no idea where to go next. Paris was a very foreign place to him and the names of the suggested places to visit were even more foreign: Place-this, Place-that, Place-whatever-it-was...It was all very confusing for Jimmy, who was still trying to get over the event, the feeling, the voice, that shook him inside of Vangeim's office. A chill ran up his spine as he thought more deeply about what had happened...as he thought about what had touched him, spoken to him.

He turned his head quickly to look down one side of the street, turned it again to look down the other. Nothing eerie around him now; just his fellow 'investigators' and so many Parisians walking about and going along with their daily business.

A cab was quickly hailed and both Jimmy and Nikka allowed Henrietta to enter the vehicle first, just as gentlemen ought to do.

"As Nikka says, Henrietta," James said as he began to enter the cab himself, "I and we are at your mercy. If you feel that Seligmann's is the best place to start, then I am right by your side."

Jimmy then shut the cab door and admitted to himself that he was a lot further away from home than he initially thought.



 


 
__________________
The CallHill Multiverse: Sain: Eberron Escapades (5e) | Aeolus: OotD (5e) | Jag Jaff: Dead Suns (Starfinder) | Jimmy Mott: Horror on the Orient Express (CoC) | Virotalus: Stargazer (5e)

Last edited by Warson; Nov 27th, 2022 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Nov 29th, 2022, 10:03 AM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 36835
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 11,076
Les Fleurs Du Mal
Galerie Seligmann on the Place Vendôme
right-aligned image
The antiquities team arrived soon enough at the Place Vendôme and the Galerie Seligmann. A squabble in 1912 had divided the Seligmann family. The influencial brothers Seligmann had created two galleries of fine art-one run by Jaques Seligmann, the other by Arnold Seligmann. Henrietta had read in the London Times that Jaques had brought along his son Germaine to take over the family business out of the Rue de la Paix.

The trio was left at the door front of the Galerie Seligmann where a young woman in an overcoat was opening the Galerie for the day. "Good morning, welcome to Galerie Seligmann. Do you have an appointment?Bonjour, bienvenue à la Galerie Seligmann. As-tu un rendez-vous?" The woman was impeccably dressed in a latest fashion, and her demeanor was professional. She smiled dutifully at the investigators.

Bibliothèque Nationale de France
right-aligned image
Mr. Vangeim was a force of chaos. That was the only conclusion Mei and Hilly could come to while they wandered after the researcher to uncover what they could about the Sedefkar Simulacrum and Compte Fenelik (among their many other leads). Remi would move to one wing and stack, then another, then another. He eschewed the card catalog, using what appeared to be a deep knowledge of the library combined with a strange instinct. Still, he need the guidance of the two investigators. After the remainder of the day, they had laid the groundwork for the investigation.

The team searched through common references and modern histories of the period, looking for reference to Comte Fenalik and the statue. A number of court histories refer to an unspecified scandal in the queen’s court on the eve of the Revolution, when a man of the minor nobility was apparently involved in an indiscretion with the queen. After a palace uproar, the fellow was executed without trial. The man was a German count named Fenalik. No-one of the surname Fenalik is listed in the Paris directory, nor in any record of the last 100 years. The name Frenaliche is found frequently, however, and ancestors from the Languedoc-Roussillon region can be found even to the current day.

As for the Sedefkar Simulacrum, no references can be found. The day was late once the Simulacrum was investigated, leaving no time for the 'Diabolus Singulare,' 'The Cult of the Skin,' or 'The Shunned Mosque.' Remi apologized for the lack of progress, though Mei and Hilly were actually impressed at the results given the haphazard nature of the man. When the day was done, the team would gather together at their hotel and share information. They were tired from all the reading, but the sense of progress could not be denied.






The Keeper Please pick where you are staying. Remember that routine expenses can be covered by the large amount of money Professor Smith left you. You can stay in relative style. Please put in your post where you are staying and feel free to rp meeting up, getting rooms, dinner, wine, songs, anything. I will work with you.
 

 

 

 

 

__________________
PC: Giants (Raackma), Traveller (Gunny Jack), Icewind Dale (Barnaby)

Last edited by Bluejack; Dec 2nd, 2022 at 09:10 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Dec 6th, 2022, 05:55 AM
Mitsubachi's Avatar
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi is online now
Busy Bee
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 23rd, 2024
RPXP: 8118
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Posts: 3,832
Mei Li
right-aligned image


Mei follows behind Remi and Milly as they delve deeper into the dusty stacks of the grand library.

She soon finds that her unfamiliarity with the French language, coupled with a frustratingly enigmatic index system, makes it hard for her to make any headway in searching for references of the Comte Fenelik.

This seems to be more the remit of the Englishman. While he diligently searches, Mei finds herself alone with Remi and wonders if perhaps this is a chance to tease more information out of the Frenchman, now that the high emotions of the previous confrontation have simmered down.

"Monsieur, I thank you again for your help with this matter." She glances to Milly, deep in his own work, then turns back to meet eyes with Remi. "If you do not mind me asking, do you know of the Sedefkar Simulacrum? I understand your friend, Monsieur Connell, was very interested in it."


OOCFailed library use roll. Let's see if the charm success can be of any more help now he has calmed down...


 
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Dec 6th, 2022, 12:39 PM
Jon's Avatar
Jon Jon is offline
... in his element!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2024
RPXP: 26871
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
Posts: 6,080
Henrietta Smythe-Porter – Paris, Garerie Selimann
right-aligned image

”Bonjour mademoiselle, parlez vous Anglais?” Henrietta said in the universal greeting from the English to the French.

The woman was well-presented and polite, as should be expected. ”I’m afraid that we do not have an appointment, but I can see that you are not too busy at the moment.” she looked over the woman’s shoulders at the near-empty store ”We should like to talk to M. Seligmann, when he is available. Maybe now? If not perhaps we could entertain him at Claridges. We’ve taken some suites there.” she handed the woman a card with the details of Claridges on which she had written the name ‘Smythe-Porter’. ”But now would be better if he could manage it.”

Henrietta smiled and waited for the woman’s response, but seeing the hesitation in the woman’s eyes, she added ”Or later would do just as well.”


ooc
Here’s a start at least

 




 
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Dec 7th, 2022, 08:35 AM
Bluejack's Avatar
Bluejack Bluejack is offline
Overlord of Imagination
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 22nd, 2024
RPXP: 36835
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Posts: 11,076
[FIELDSET="Les Fleurs Du Mal"]
Galerie Seligmann on the Place Vendôme
right-aligned image
The woman looked carefully at Henrietta and her companions. A well-dressed trio with an International flare seemed a good mark for a sale. Even Henrietta realized that. One couldn't be too careful, the good in their gallery were priceless.

The trio was left at the door front of the Galerie Seligmann where a young woman in an overcoat was opening the Galerie for the day. When she spoke her English was excellent, which was not a surprise to Henrietta. Seligmann was straddlig the pond between Paris and New York, so a face of the company would likely speak the King's English. "Yes, I speak English. Welcome. I am Madeleine Bibeau, the curator for the gallery. If you've come to see Jaques Seligmann, he is not well, I'm afraid. We have to be careful with appointments. Germaine is available for serious inquiries."

"Please, come in, we have a sitting area for you. There is coffee and tea if you like?" The woman led them into the gallery through a side door for employees. She wound past a back office and into the main greeting area where there were fine chairs and a lounge. The furniture was eclectic, but also ornate and fine. Examples from Europe, Asia, and even Africa were on display. A large low table of black lacquered wood sat in the middle of a plush Persian rug.

"If you give me a name I will see if Jaques is up to a visitor. M. Germaine is very busy and I'm not sure we can squeeze you into the day. Perhaps. Do you have a card? A portfolio of your goods?" M. Bibeau removed her overcoat and placed it on a coat rack in the corner. Then she returned and straightened her high fashion dress. She looked in anticipation at Henrietta.

Bibliothèque Nationale de France
right-aligned image
Mr. Vangeim frowned at Mei and shook his head. "I have looked for information on the Sedefkar Simulacrum and found nothing so far. M. Connell had many interests, though the two of us shared an interest in the Diabolus Singularis. For now, the day is spent. Go, enjoy Paris, and we will start anew in the morning. I anticipate this will take us a good long time. You see this library. It is the greatest in the world! Too big for one day, M. Li. We must be patient." Remi began to pack up the notes and information into his leather messenger bag. When he was done he led the way towards the entrance.

"The library is closing, you see? We must go. Time for some hot wine and dinner, hmm?" Remi gave a slight bow. "I will see you fresh and early to start again. Let us say 8? The library opens at 8." Remi nodded and then walked away. The investigators were left alone in the main study, though a security guard eyed them.



The Keeper Please pick where you are staying. Please excuse the slight Seligmann irregularities from true history to suit the story.
 

 

 

 

__________________
PC: Giants (Raackma), Traveller (Gunny Jack), Icewind Dale (Barnaby)

Last edited by Bluejack; Dec 7th, 2022 at 08:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Dec 7th, 2022, 03:30 PM
Jon's Avatar
Jon Jon is offline
... in his element!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2024
RPXP: 26871
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
Posts: 6,080
Henrietta Smythe-Porter – Paris, Galerie Selimann
right-aligned image

Henrietta nodded and smiled as Mademoiselle Bibeau led them through the side entrance and into the gallery.

Henrietta was not overawed by the magnificence of the gallery – she was used to London society, so had seen such pieces many times. No, it was just her eye had been trained on different things. Show her a warehouse burned to the ground and she’d tell you how the blaze probably started. So there was no conversational hook to be plucked from the collection – so she just picked up on Bibeau’s comment about Germaine.

”Mademoiselle Bibeau, I can assure you that this is the most serious of enquiry. I’d venture it will be the most serious enquiry you will hear this season.” she let the tease hand a while, as they were shown to a place they could sit down.

”Oh a coffee please dear, black.” Henrietta said, sitting and taking her note book from her purse. ”My name is Henrietta Smythe-Porter of the Smythe-Porters from Hertfordshire, the here is Masataka Takesuru – he is the representative of one of Japan’s finest families, discrete collectors of near east objets and Ottoman art. And Mr James Mott is the son of a very promising up-and-coming family from the East End of London. The garment trade is it not James.” Henrietta’s eyes told the pair of them to play along.

Henrietta turned her attention back to the glamorous Parisian. ”Now you have my card, dear, we can be found at Claridges for the next few days, but I am afraid our business will take us further afield in a few days so we are somewhat against the clock.” she absently glanced at her watch. ”Now, as for us, we are interested in certain unique antiquities that we are aware have been traded in Paris in the last ten years or so – it would be part of a metal sculpture of and ancient middle-eastern idol. Some call it the Sedefka Simulacrum – but it may have presented as an ancient curio. It is also possible that it has some association with a Comte Fenalik.” She flicked through the note book, taking care that Bibeau glimpsed the interesting diagrams and text, but not dwelling long enough for anything to be read.


Herietta took a sip from her coffee, then added ”The value of this object to our client is incalculable – and Mr Mott here, his family are eclectic collectors, so I am sure if we can find this artifact, then we can come to some sort of an arrangement.”


ooc
A hospital pass to Jimmy – but his Fast Talk is good and Henrietta has seen him in action!

 




 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB