Game Thread Chapter 3: Castle Rend - Fire Upon the Keep - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Yeohven: Fall from Grace
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Jun 24th, 2023, 12:35 AM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
Buzz meets St. GaedThe large wooden doors slowly opened revealing a gentle simple man. Smile gleaning from behind his salt and pepper beard. He’s kinda like a man version of Head master Agnes Nuemchuck, such a pleasant woman… until you make her cross… then its floor scrubbing for a week. A humored grin stretched across Buzz’s face as he recalled the bowl of salted slugs served to her on Great Mothers day. That was worth it. An audible snicker escaped him, "Pfft.."

The church appeared to be similar to the sanctuary in the orphanage, it was very familiar. Old stone foundation, wooden arches that creaked in the wind, and a skim of condensation building up from the unrelenting rain. But it had a smell to it, It was incense… yes!... And musty timbers…
But there was something else lingering, Hmm… what cold it be?
Taking in the seated congregation it came to him,
"Old people…" shocked he said that out loud, he quickly glanced around to see if the comment was noticed.
It wreaked of aging sorrow, the elderly that had given up on life and devoted their last years to sitting on a pew until they died. Quite sad.

" Hello, greetings! Welcome to the Church of St. Gaed." Father Belderone greeted them.
"Did you say… GAED! Is this THE church of the great warrior?" the significance of the stain glass, and then the statue hit Buzz as Grim spoke, " Would a tour be to forthcoming?"

"Yes! A tour would be magnificent, would this fine place of worship possibly be the final resting place of the heroic St. Gaed?
Dice persuasion:
1d20+7 (11)+7 Total = 18
It would be life changing to look upon his remains."
Buzz looked up to Belderone, hopeful to peer upon the great hero.
With a quick sharp elbow to Astrid’s thigh, with a short glance up. " St. Gaed, he was a real hero of the people, even greater than us!" Glee spread from cheek to cheek, in hopes he would meet the late St. Gaed.


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Buzz Wagonelle
Halfling Sorcerer

Hit Points: 32/42 | AC: 11 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25'
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Weapons:

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | Martial weapons, Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, SlingWeapons | Woodcarver's toolsTools | Common, Halfling, Primordial, Speak and understand only: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, TerranLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | You are proficient with martial weapons, and can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.Ancient Knowledge | You can physically embody your connection to titans for a short time as your form takes on aspects of your original titan. As an action, you assume the form for up to one minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if you choose to end it early as a bonus action. while in this form you gain:
-Your size increases to large.
-Your AC increases by 2
-When you make a melee weapon attack, you can use charisma, instead of strength or dexterity, for attack and damage rolls.
-Your weapons and equipment grow to match your new size. While these weapons are enlarged, your attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
-Your spells and melee weapon attacks deal double damage to objects and structures.
While in Titan Manifestation form you know and can cast the Blaze, Cataclysm, Daybreak, Glacier, and Quake spells
Titan Manifestation can be used twice per long rest.
Titan Manifestation | When an ally makes a ranged attack and you are within 5 feet of the target or the attacker, you can use your reaction to cast a cantrip to charge the projectile. The cantrip must be one that requires an attack roll and targets only one creature, and it is cast as if you were a 1st level spellcaster. If the attack hits, the target is also hit by the cantrip.Charged Projectile

Spells: Shocking Grasp |

Equipment: Scrimshaw Octopus carving
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/84993319

Action:none
Bonus Action: None
Movement: None
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Jun 24th, 2023, 10:57 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Kori
Kori listened in silence as Anahi rambled, first about directions and then something about Rezna and backsides. She wasn't concerned about finding Pinna'a, Clark had pointed it out on their way to the in and she'd taken note. After the ambush on the carriage she'd been reminded quite thoroughly that her supplies, specifically those for healing, were running low.

She made a point, instead of engaging the spy, to observe. Here and there a flick of the fingers, nothing obvious, but too much to be considered normal gesticulation for a conversation. She was talking with Rezna, something she didn't want Kori to overhear, though, unfortunately, it wasn't any language Kori might understand.

Still, it confirmed her determination to keep an eye on the two women.

The smaller hut that contained Pinna's magic shop was much the same as it had been earlier. Quiet and unassuming...that was until Anahi pushed open the door only to be immediately blown back out it.
The shouting from within ensured her that the attack was accidental, but Kori still stretched her fingers, the feel of the talons reassuring, she would be ready to repel an attack, if she had to. Anahi too, straightened and entered once more, this time with wary caution and a dagger behind her back.

She decided to ignore the apologies and long winded introductions between wizard and spy, barely even snorting when Anahi announced her injuries to complete strangers.

Foolish.

Opting to give the shop a thorough look around. There would be plenty of time to give her own report to Kate. In the mean time, she would listen.

Stat Block
right-aligned image
Meikoris (AKA Kori)
Half-Elf Butcher

Hit Points: 30/38 | AC: 16 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:15 (+2) | Dex : 16 (+3) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 11(+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 13 (+1)

Weapons: Crow's Talons

Proficiencies & Traits: Short sword, simple weapons, herbalism kit, leatherworker's tools noneArmor | Crows TalonsWeapons | Dex modifier to hit D6 for damage martial arts | leather worker's toolsTools | Common, elvish, primordialLanguages |

Equipment: dagger, darts

__________________
ooooh...Shiny!
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Jun 25th, 2023, 11:19 AM
IrishKatt's Avatar
IrishKatt IrishKatt is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2024
RPXP: 1695
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Posts: 2,908
Rezna was used to Anahi's constant deluge of verbiage, and so she didn't pay her much mind as they walked, her mind keeping the signed message in thought a few moments longer before letting it pass with the current of thoughts that roiled inside her head. When addressed by Anahi, Rezna does what she normally does and nods slightly without saying much of anything. She was used to her almost constant talking, but what she hadn't encountered nearly at all while on the mainland were those like her, like Kori, who listened rather than say much. It was clear that she took her station very seriously, and the minotaur woman respected that in her new travelling companion. Duty was a large part of who she was as a person, and that same concept; although unorthodox as it was at time Anahi displayed the same, even if she was chaotic and vocal with her dealings. Something she hoped Kori could come to notice like she had, and Rezna was not easy to wholly impress, but along their journey's together had been such by her quirky travelling companion.

Upon arriving, and finishing her thoughts on Kori, a short glance to accompany the curiosity in her head only to hear a succession of sounds that resulted in Anahi being thrown back with enough force to send her body into Rezna's large frame. Rezna merely looked down to her slightly smoking friend then up to the source of the explosion nearly unfazed by the whole experience if it hadnt been for the pungent odor that followed her friend. It was a harsh smell that she had smelled before, but nothing that evoked any distinct memory or thought, but when the scent hit her nose she snorts in hopes the stream of hot air forced through her snout would purge her body of the acrid scent. With a pat on her thigh her friend pushed off of her and made her way into the wizards house, of which Rezna followed enough to poke her head in. Upon seeing the multitude of instruments, and ingredients Rezna snorts again and shakes her head knowing full well the outcome of what would happen should her bulky frame get anywhere near fragile glass instruments, and volatile chemicals. The acrid smell was still strong in this place, and she could see Kori making her way around the shop as well, which gave her enough relief to know someone else was in there in case of foul play.

No she says shaking her head, her accent seemingly more prominent as she steps back out the door. "I will wait out here" her eyes were almost watering now, but rather than let the horrid smell control her entirely she gives her mighty head another shake and takes a seat beside the wizards hut about 10 feet away. She knew Anahi would want her privy to whatever knowledge she was about to receive, but she could barely deal with the smoke and smell of the place let alone the almost definite chiding from Anahi about a bull in a china shop or some other such absurdity she liked to joke about. It wasnt out of the realm of possibility that a rogue sneeze could cause catastrophic problems in the small explosive shop as Rezna was neither subtle, nor still when she sneezed; bringing the full mass and power of her dense skull violently downward with each unfortunate Ah-moo that assailed her. It was a little thing that not many knew about her as a person as she could snort most scents, and the like away, but this was worse that pitch smoke.

Sitting down she listened to the goings on in the wizards hut a while before once more settling on that pulling feeling, like a tingle, like a limb falling asleep, or like right before lightning strikes the sea. The ground was wet, and cool from the rain, the feeling against her horns was something she enjoyed, a sensation that always reminded her of home, the ocean spray, and how she felt surrounded when by the vast and terrible seas. Her run ins with that dreaded captain, and the multitude of battles that were responsible for her story. A large hand draws across her shoulder trailing over the raised carvings in her skin that depict her accomplishments, and deeds, and history. Her shoulders, and half down her arms, engraved, and scarred in a beautiful tribal depiction of battles, and revelry, though throughout the tapestry cut into her hide a constant depiction of the Rogue Wave amidst a mighty storm. An identity she had come to personify. Unfortunately this Rogue Wave was decidedly not dealing with the cramped, smelly, explosive hut.

While she sat in thought, her senses caressed by nostalgia, a low sound began to emanate from the minotaur woman. At first it sounded like a raspy troubled breath, followed by a deep rushing, but after a few repetitions it sounded akin to the eb and flow of waves on the shore. It was constant, and lively, like the waves swaying upon coastal sands as she took in breath her chest heaved, and just like a cresting wave, as she exhaled, crashed downward only to relive the cycle again. The breath of the Ocean was something many minotaur did, a form of rhythmic breathing that when combined with their dense physiology creates a sound exactly like the waves of the ocean. Though she wouldn't be inside with those two she wouldn't squander this time instead she would use it to try and figure out the pull she was feeling.

This Golden Meridian.

Statblock
Rezna "The Rogue Wave" Broadhorn
Minotaur Barbarian


HP: 60/65 AC: 17 Initiative: +2 Speed: 40ft Prof: +3 Speed 40ft
Str: 18 Dex: 14 Con: 20 Int: 14 Wis: 14 Cha: 13

Weapons 1d12+4* Great-Axe 1d12+14* Great-Axe GWM
*+2 during Rage

Feature: Your horns are natural melee weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d6 +4, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.Horns
Immediately after you use the Dash action on your turn and move at least 20 feet, you can make one melee attack with your horns as a bonus action.Goring Rush
Immediately after you hit a creature with a melee attack as part of the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to attempt to shove that target with your horns. The target must be no more than one size larger than you and within 5 feet of you. Unless it succeeds on a Strength saving throw (DC 15), you push it up to 10 feet away from you.Hammering Horns
As a bonus action enter a rage for up to 1 minute (10 rounds).

You gain advantage on STR checks and saving throws (not attacks), +2 melee damage with STR weapons, resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, slashing damage. You can't cast or concentrate on spells while raging.

Your rage ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage as a bonus action.
"Rage
While not wearing armor, your AC equals 10 + DEX modifier + CON modifier + any shield bonus.Unarmoured Defense
When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly, giving you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using STR during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.Reckless Attack
You have advantage on DEX saving throws against effects that you can see while not blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.Danger Sense
On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 HP with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action. Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll to add +10 to the attack's damage.Great Weapon Master



Note:
Initiative:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Other Inspiration
__________________

Natural 20's:15
Natural 1's: 3

Last edited by IrishKatt; Jul 7th, 2023 at 03:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Jul 12th, 2023, 09:11 AM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 13th, 2024
RPXP: 14182
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,836
Currently
Date 24th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1542
Time Early Evening
Location Gravesford
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 15 C

”The Lost Company: Speak the Devil”

”Church of St. Gaed the Confessor”
Clark looks up at Grimash with a cocksure grin and holds a fist up in victory, "He hasn’t said so yet, but I’m slowly wearing the man down! I tried getting an apprenticeship with his daughter Kate, but I nearly didn’t survive the encounter, so it seemed like a more successful task to wear down the old man."

At the temple, Father Belderone listened patiently to Grimash and looked down at Clark who smiled unabashedly at the older holy man. Closing his eyes and shaking his head, he looked up at Grimash, "Bedegar Keep, the capital, rarely had such instances of… abuse. Nobles visiting these smaller villages feel acutely aware of their privilege, and far from their peers judgement, will give into their base behaviors. Still… the nobles are to be anticipated, but whoever the foreigner was seemed to fan the flames in a most despicable way." Stroking his beard in thought with his right hand, he hovers his left hand over Clark and begins to mutter a prayer to St. Gaed, the warm radiant glow of healing magic flows from the man’s fingertips and falls like pollen from spring’s fresh flowers onto Clark’s cheek, healing the bruised and scratched skin, everything stitching together and going through the various stages of bruising until normal, fresh, boyish skin remains.

"St. Gaed would have had much the same reaction as your troop, I think, to such ‘Noble’ behavior. You are welcome whole-heartedly in this humble, holy-house." With a smile, Father Belderone looked at the five gold coins as they fell into the palm of his hands, looked up at the dragonborn with a knowing smirk and nodded, "Every little bit helps maintain this church. The roof is certainly in need of repairs, and with my flock mostly consisting of farmers and loggers, I’d dare say we may have a new roof built in time for some of their children’s weddings or even grandchildren’s births. Much to look forward to that day…" Stepping over to the donation box at the entrance, the Father places the coins inside, and the sound of coins falling into a mostly empty space is heard even amongst the pouring rain outside. "Such a boon offered by you and your companions is well appreciated. It is late in the evening… but yes I can offer a tour. It will not be much of one, as there are not a whole lot of interesting sights to see, I am afraid. You have seen our cherished stained glass window, that was installed but a few centuries ago. There used to be a Baron of Rendolyn, very close to here, at which time this region had more resources devoted to its upkeep and the prosperity of this village was greater than you now see. Since the death of Baron Rendolyn, some 370 years prior, Gravesford and its lands have been split between the Baronies Oakwood and Ironfang. Often we’re meant to fend for ourselves out here…"

Shaking himself from a reverie, Father Belderone lets out a belly laugh, "Look at me prattling on like that. Yes, yes, I can show you what the Church has in store for the faithful and the curious. Come, this way! Clark, you better follow along so I can keep an eye on that swelling cheek."

Smiling as he ushers Clark, Grimash, and Buzz between the pews, they leave Astrid behind as she gets lost in her own world, sketching the Stained Glass window of St. Gaed in beautiful detail. While much of her magic and preferred artistry has leant itself to sculpture and tactile arts, she always had a way charcoal, water paints, and oil.

Glancing up, there was the consistent unnerving sight she’d witnessed since the cave incident in Steyside where a wayward spell resulted in not only her magic betraying her, but significantly impacting her life from that point on, revealing something that was better left unseen. She’d never really known what it was she was seeing, ghostly figures was the best descriptor. Everytime she tried to draw or interpret her vision, it always seemed like ghosts to other people. Even her magic instructor at Bedegar Keep, Lady Elara Zephyran had little in way of advice, or even a best guess.

right-aligned image


Known amongst her comrades as “White Shades”, she’d largely come to ignore them as they rarely bothered her anymore than obscuring her vision at times. So it was the same when she was drawing her interpretation of the stained glass that a ghostly figure had approached, as they had sometimes done in the past. And stopped, partially obscuring her view of the stained-glass window above the entrance. Trying to glance around the ghostly figure, it caught Astrid by surprise when it did something completely foreign to every other instance she’d experienced with the “White Shades” thus far: it spoke!

"Cousin! I can’t believe I can see you here, and in the flesh too! How is this even possible?!" With a growing horror, just at experiencing anything new with a curse she’d grown accustomed to by now, the “White Shade” was growing more and more distinct… a white robed figure, armored beneath the misty cloak she was witnessing, face still obscured, but voice sounding more and more clear… and familiar… but absolutely NOT familiar. "I don’t understand how this is even possible. Perhaps your sister had something to do with it, I wouldn’t be surprised of course. My god it’s been too long, I cannot… I… oh. Oh… you are not my cousin." The figure seemed to slump… so human like, so defined the physicality, despite appearing to be made of smoke and mist.

With an extremely human sigh, the misty form moved into a pew in front of Astrid and slumped into the wooden bench, arm resting on the backrest, and body slightly turned to observe Astrid with featureless face and shaded but empty sockets, "This is incredible. I didn’t even think this type of magic was possible. I apologize, you just… you look exactly like my cousin. Not just similar, exactly. It’s… amazing really. You think you’ve seen just bout everything, and then this world throws you something in your hubris you have to acknowledge. Lesson. Practice. Experience. Simply amazing. If you don’t mind me asking, m’Lady, what is your name? What… are you?"

The “White Shade” looked eagerly at Astrid. “Looked.”

What was happening to Astrid?




Meanwhile, Father Belderone had brought the trio to the basement section and opened a large wooden door, revealing a cellar of sorts that had been converted into a storage space, with rack upon rack of scrolls, chests, frames with maps and tapestries, and even more surrounding the entire space. "It’s certainly not the main Library at Bedegar’s Keep, but I like to consider this one of the better Libraries in the North. There are not only maps, treatises, and holy texts, but even some census information that dates back to when the Dragon Kings ruled over the land, remarkably enough. While I doubt the Kings themselves were busy administering this town, but certainly ancestors of yourself likely were very detail oriented with their scribe-work." Nodding respectfully towards Grimash, Father Belderone lit a few oil lanterns in the space, bringing some much needed light into the space.

There were two more doors in this 20 foot by 20 foot space roughly, with 10 foot high ceilings, impressive given that the main church navel was likely directly above them. Motioning to the two doors, Father Belderone continued on, "Through that door on the left, you’ll find the catacombs below. While it is not extensive by any means, it does date back quite a bit. Euraidyian excavation is quite impressive, for the catacombs go down quite deep. I would even believe that there may be ancient Euraidyian’s deep enough. In my younger days I may have ventured down, but as it stands currently, even with small towns there are few healers as it is in even a 24 mile area. Perhaps Wildfort is the closest, and that’s perhaps 4 or 5 days away on foot. Yes, plenty enough for me to do unfortunately. The other room is of far less interest, just some foundation stonework to keep the church standing and the catacombs secure. We keep it locked so the town children don’t find themselves going inside."

Leaning down and looking at Clark with a sideways glance, "I believe someone here has been caught a time or two, trying to get into the foundation room, hmm?" Clark looked sheepish and began to whistle as he looked at just about everywhere else in the room except for Father Belderone. "Since you’re here, if you both have any desire to view any texts, just let me know and I’ll be happy to see if we have anything that might be of interest to you."

As Father Belderone was starting to talk about the foundation room, and how it had to stay locked, Buzz found himself looking towards the doorway… drawn to it by his right arm. With little thought or control, he could see his right lifting up as though to wave, and as minutely perceptible as it might be, Buzz noticed some arcane sparking happening with the tattoo… and it semeed to pulse further up his arm, sending small jolts of electricity charging up his skin, sending goosebumps across his body.

Finally Buzz could re-focus on what Father Belderone was saying, "Yes, happy to find anything of interest to you, for certain." With a warm fatherly smile, he began to look through the shelves himself, with a bounding energy of someone half to ¼ his age.



”Pinna’s Magic Shop”

Meanwhile, the Gravesford Wizard’s shop was airing out acrid smoke into the evening rain. Covering her face with embarrassment, Pinna bowed deeply and repeatedly to Anahi at the mention of her shop’s state, "By the gods I’m so embarassed. I hope you were not hurt! I’ve been working on a recipe for a new potion. It’s supposed to impart a resistance to flame and heat… but it’s extremely sensitive to pressure and temperature changes. If not maintained properly, it ends up causing a…. Small fire." Pinna looked around at the smoke still filling the shop, "small fire being subjective…" A groan could be heard from the silvery-teal haired half-elf woman, "Pinna, you made an explosion atop your stove without any precautions. Are you insane!"

Pinna looks a little sheepish at the chiding from the other woman, "Kate, sometimes you can be way too hyperbolic. It wan’t an explosion… it wasn’t. It was merely an… extremely volatile release of compressed pressure in a very short time frame in which the only release was the immediate expulsion of energy comprised primarily of fire elemental core shavings. I mean… it could just as easily turned into the fire resistance potion I was aiming for, by the gods you can be such a ninny sometimes." Not wanting to make eye contact with Kate, and turning a beet red from embarrassment, Pinna turned back to Anahi and took a steadying breath, sighing, "So, not a customer, apologies all the same. I have some healing potions for your friend, of course. Let me see, I’ve got 3 healing potions, for 50 gp each, and 1 potion of greater healing for 150 gp."

Kate looked at Anahi, tilting her head between Kori and Anahi… and coughed a bit. "Right. Friend. Seeing as how you’re travelling with Butcher over there, I’m going to say that checks you out that you are who you say you are. Brimswell told me about his little group. I’m sort of a, Guidepost, for those in our circle. Niizah knew I was a good contact to have before she travelled further into The Barrens, and I introduced her to Pinna here for potions and unique supplies." Pinna nodded enthusiastically, "Yes, indeed! She cleared me out of healing potions before she left, and a magic ring I had just made as well!"

Kate ignored Pinna’s contribution to the conversation and continued to look between Kori and Anahi. "Niizah wasn’t exactly clear on when to expect her back, but she thought it might take 2 months or so. It’s clearly past that point… then again, I know the Lost Company seemed to live up to their name and came back a year after disappearing it seems. Brimswell is fairly close by at Wildfort right now with the Duke. If you’re ok with it I can send a Raven to the Baron’s Keep there. Brim wanted me to update him if I ever saw you guys come through. Gravesford is sort of the easiest place across the border to get to… something that’s difficult for Baron Oak-arse to process it seems…"

It’s clear from her tone and disposition that Kate, and likely Pinna have not heard the news re: the Duke, or what that could mean for Brimswell. Unexpectedly, your trio come as not only seekers or answers, but providers of current events as well.

While the quartet inside were making music of one kind, Rezna was managing some peace and tranquility in the constant rain outside. Her breathing exercises were enough to insert a chorus of never heard sounds in this region, the crashing waves of an ocean torrent against rocks, sand, and jagged rock.

But another sound seemed to grow with intensity as Rezna’s breathing took hold. The rumble of thunder and the crackle of lightning. Opening her eyes, she could see that she was facing the North-East… whether intentional or not, it was impossible to say. But what she saw gathering before her was a storm, as though the sky was being rendered by the force of the gale winds. It has been gathering for a while, and she could feel herself drawn to the storm… a rogue wave perhaps returning to the storm from whence it came.

The lightning from across the entirety of the storm clouds focused their strikes upon a singular point directly under the forming maelstrom… unnatural, and intriguing.

With not one, but two cracks, Rezna could almost believe she was hearing things… except when a pair of lightning cracks sent almost the exact same sound to her ear: "Rogue… Wave…". Then she knew she wasn’t hearing things. She was hearing it.








”OOC” Sorry again for the delay. Hope this works for folks! Pictures incoming.


 




Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	St_Gaed_Shade 300px.png
Views:	65
Size:	147.8 KB
ID:	100137  
__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!

Last edited by MontageManiac; Jul 13th, 2023 at 02:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Jul 14th, 2023, 05:10 PM
IrishKatt's Avatar
IrishKatt IrishKatt is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2024
RPXP: 1695
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Posts: 2,908
Rezna Broadhorn
left-aligned image
She did not imagine it, nor was she one to daydream; a call from the storm itself, but what did it mean? Minotaur were a spiritual people of varying degrees, but Rezna never considered herself overly spiritual, choosing instead to embody the aspects their creator held in paragon. No use did she have for totems, and casting bones in the eye of a storm with enemies on either flank pining for your head. No instead of braying at the storm she became it. Her skull and horns knocked her enemies about like the hammering waves of the mighty seas, crushing all who underestimated its might. Her hulking form like the great jagged rocks of the coasts, and ocean floor, standing unmoving from the terrible ferocity of a maelstroms touch. So akin to the storm was she that she bore the namesake of one of the storms mightiest weapons.

The Rogue Wave.

An ocean storm phenomenon where many waves gather to form a wave twice as high, with a trough twice as deep. A wall of ocean coming from an angle against the current, and the waves. Rezna was this wave, through to her very being as she had taken sailors, warriors, merchants, and explorers alike to the depths. Her mighty blows flashing through the darkened night like a bolt of lightning crashing from the heavens, leaving ruin in its wake. The fall of her ebony hooves like the calamitous thunder that fills the air and drowns out the deafening roar of battle. The more she thought about it the more she felt she could not ignore this call. Though not spiritual Rezna had never failed to back down from a challenge or call out, and she would not start now, though one of this caliber had never bore its horns before.

Looking to the direction of the lightning strikes she begins to calculate the minimum and maximum distances away that it could be between. Six miles at least, to a maximum of forty away was a broad distance, but this terrain was NOT what she was used to at all. Though large she lived a life of constantly moving, and sometimes long treks across unfortunate terrain was needed, but she couldnt say the same for her companions, new or old. Five days maximum for a round trip to a minimum of four hours if they moved at a minotaur's pace. Less if she herself took off, but with the recent information coming to light with Anahi, and their new friends Rezna couldn't leave her crew on their own, as the Growda, and his entourage could be around. Her heart, and her duty could not allow her to leave such a possibility to chance. Instead she would need to impress the importance of this to Anahi, Kori, and the rest of the split group. Anahi would understand, this she knew as Anahi always seemed enamored by anything to do with her life, and she figured a free spirit like Buzz would be over joyed at some strange sky portend. The halflings she had come to love as family upon her first landing were all excitable, curious, and more than willing to help out; Buzz reminded her of those kind souls and it brought her some solace despite being a seven foot tall bovoid Juggernaut.

It was the more critical thinking members of the group that she felt she would have to persuade, but that would come later when they all regrouped. Standing she exhales heavily, and turns to the small shack with her friends inside. Once she gets to the door she looks at Anahi and speaks but one word. "Dgar'Ka" a word she had heard before, but rarely did the minotaur woman use it unprompted.


Statblock
Rezna "The Rogue Wave" Broadhorn
Minotaur Barbarian


HP: 60/65 AC: 17 Initiative: +2 Speed: 40ft Prof: +3 Speed 40ft
Str: 18 Dex: 14 Con: 20 Int: 14 Wis: 14 Cha: 13

Weapons 1d12+4* Great-Axe 1d12+14* Great-Axe GWM
*+2 during Rage

Feature: Your horns are natural melee weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d6 +4, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.Horns
Immediately after you use the Dash action on your turn and move at least 20 feet, you can make one melee attack with your horns as a bonus action.Goring Rush
Immediately after you hit a creature with a melee attack as part of the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to attempt to shove that target with your horns. The target must be no more than one size larger than you and within 5 feet of you. Unless it succeeds on a Strength saving throw (DC 15), you push it up to 10 feet away from you.Hammering Horns
As a bonus action enter a rage for up to 1 minute (10 rounds).

You gain advantage on STR checks and saving throws (not attacks), +2 melee damage with STR weapons, resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, slashing damage. You can't cast or concentrate on spells while raging.

Your rage ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage as a bonus action.
"Rage
While not wearing armor, your AC equals 10 + DEX modifier + CON modifier + any shield bonus.Unarmoured Defense
When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly, giving you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using STR during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.Reckless Attack
You have advantage on DEX saving throws against effects that you can see while not blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.Danger Sense
On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 HP with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action. Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll to add +10 to the attack's damage.Great Weapon Master



Note:
Initiative:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Other Inspiration
__________________

Natural 20's:15
Natural 1's: 3

Last edited by IrishKatt; Jul 17th, 2023 at 09:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Jul 15th, 2023, 05:31 AM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 10th, 2024
RPXP: 6279
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,537
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

Astrid stops for a moment, she's got a good enough sketch of Gaed and she'll work on the rest another time, for now she heads to the basement, curious. She looked curiously at the father as he reveals this storage filled with knowledge from the ancient past,"Hmm, so Dragonborns or a dragon wrote this. I wonder if there might be something if we can use... For now, I think there's an important manner that is of the upmost of import that I think we can all agree on." Dreamer said and spoke before anyone had any objections,"What was the creativity like in the time of the Dragon Kings? Do you have any texts with a sample of their artwork, a description would suffice I suppose." she said at probably the time Buzz regain his senses.


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 19/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Ability Check. When the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an ability check, the creature can roll the Bardic Inspiration die again and choose which roll to use, as the mote pops and emits colorful, harmless sparks for a moment.

Attack Roll. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an attack roll against a target, the mote thunderously shatters. The target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or take thunder damage equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die.

Saving Throw. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die and adds it to a saving throw, the mote vanishes with the sound of soft music, causing the creature to gain temporary hit points equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die plus your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point).
Inspiration 1/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action:
Bonus Action:


Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Jul 16th, 2023, 09:53 PM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
Anahi Faustos
left-aligned image
Anahi waved away Pinna's apologies with good humor, telling the shop owner that no harm was done and she need not worry so much. "I'm prone to errors all the time. Frankly, I should probably be dead many times over by now, but as you see, that's not the case. In fact, I'm wiser for my mistakes. And now you are too! From now on you'll remember to secure all your door and window latches before conducting your delicate, uh, experiments." She patted the other on the shoulder and proceeded to throw open the nearest window to help vent the room. There was a bit of an entertaining back and forth between the two women and the astute wolriff found herself thorough charmed by the sibling-like conversation.

Through the now open window she could see Rezna's statue like figure out in the rain. She seemed entranced, eyes closed, facing the direction of the incoming thunder. That was one more thing to make note of to explore later. For now, her attention was required elsewhere. Kate had sent for her and in her business that spoke volumes. However, when the blacksmith finally delivered her news, it wasn't quite what she was expecting. It was not news the to Anahi that her mentor had left a long time ago. It also was not a surprise that Niizha had prepared for her trip by purchasing healing potions. What was a surprise was the news that she had cleaned out the place and only expected to be gone a couple of months.

Information gathering was a tricky thing, even when engaged in an exchange of information with a well established ally. Most people in "their circle", as Kate put it, were more naturally inclined towards the diplomatic. Anahi was not one of those people. She relied more on her personal charms to gain people's trust and when that didn't work she lied. Yes, there were others far better at both, but there was always a risk when dealing directly with people. It's why she preferred to gather her information by far more clandestine methods. Unfortunately, that was not possible at the moment.

When Kate mentioned the Lost Company, Brimswell and the now late Duke Anahi glanced at the the Lieutenant to gauge her reaction. But it was when the lavender haired woman referred to the Duke as "Oak-arse" that it became very clear that the town gossips had nod shared the unfortunate news to this corner of Gravesford. She would allow Kori to share her identity, but the other news needed sharing. Especially in light of the news that Rach'dinai's Spymaster may well have been present during the so-called Clan attack.

Anahi dropped the polite mask, ignoring the offer of a raven. Allowing her concern and sincerity to show through. Lies were great, but experience said that sometimes honesty worked best. In small doses, of course. "That's...well, that's a lot of information. We're grateful for the news, Kate, truly. I'm sure Ni is fine, three months isn't definitely not two months. Normally, I wouldn't worry too much, but some news has just come to our attention." She tilted her head towards Kori. "The Lieutenant here and I would have been here sooner, but we were unexpectedly held up. It seems that Duke Bedegar and his family are dead. The announcement was made earlier at The Reluctant Pig. Looks like the new "Regent" is Lord Marshall Saxton. The news was delivered by a large retinue including...oh! What was his name, Lieutenant? Ser Dustrag? Whatever his name, he doesn't have the people's well being in mind. The White-Tusks are being blamed. I'm calling bull."

She let the women absorb the news for a moment and then continued, pulling out one of her books and writing sticks. "Kate, I need you to do me a favor. I need to deliver a letter. Others in our 'circles' need to be made aware of some things." Clearing a space on a nearby work surface, Anahi began to write a shorthanded message giving a rundown of her encounter with Klaus. Her hand appeared to fly across the pages, the words written in the closely guarded form known to those within Sith'elan's clandestine circles. Rezna's beautiful singing created a fitting background as her much smaller friend worked with a focus usually reserved for much less noble activities. Quite satisfied with her coding job, Anahi took off her ring and used it to stamp her signature.

As Anahi finished that letter, her hand tore another page free and began to pen a much shorter note in a much neater hand. Over her shoulder Kate could clearly make out all 25 words:
"Vacation was great. But missed friends, Duke and family. Our valcorian 'friend' Klaus Von Wyrmwold witnessed all four depart. He collects rings now. About fifteen.
Below that was a detailed description of the man she knew as "Tivadar" with the hope that it would be enough for the shop owner.

Once done, Pinna found herself the recipient of the smaller note, while the larger letter was handed to Kate. "From everything in your shop I'm guessing you're a clearly a capable wizard,Pinna. Could you do me a favor? you do, consider doing me a favor. That said, I need you to send one of those arcane sending spells for me. Memorize it, burn the scrap, then send it like I've written it, alright? If not today as soon as you can. It's important. And Kate. Take this and send onward." Leaning forward, Anahi whispered instructions for her new contact's ears alone, giving directions to an inn Sith'elan. "Once you get to The Golden Chalice ask for Merrick. He's the cook there. Tell him you've a letter for 'Jesper Orwin'. Merrick will know who you mean. Only for Merrick. Smarmy looking half-orc with a broken left tusk. Do what you need to do, but be discrete. It needs to get to him as quick as you can. Seems my folk are being hunted. Keep your head down, yeh? Don't want you getting caught in the cross-fire, ok?"

Rezna chose that moment to join them stopping anything else the spy might have said next. The statuesque woman said only one word, "Dgar'Ka." Spoken abruptly and outside of the traditional formality. Something that the minotaur held with the highest regard. The unusual behavior was a signal to the human of the significance of this moment. As quick at the snapping of fingers, Anahi's demeanor shifted. Something significant needed to be recorded. A nod of understanding was her only answer. It seemed the gods' of Fate had been very,very busy lately.
OOCRolled a 1 and an 8 to try to code that letter. I did a fantastic job!
OOCHoping Pinna can do a sending.

Hope Kate can get a letter out

Blocks
 
 
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by lydklein; Jul 17th, 2023 at 09:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Jul 18th, 2023, 12:37 AM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 10th, 2024
RPXP: 6279
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,537
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

Astrid pauses upon seeing it, it was the most clearest apparition she had. And it was doing something she never thought possible, it spoke to her like a real person. It was as if she knew this spirit yet she also doesn't. What should she do here, she's been largely ignoring them for a long time. Yet this is the first to have talked to her,"I'm... Astrid... Astrid Hearth." she said after much hesitation,"As for magic, I'm curious because I didn't summon you. Though, I guess you could say I did it subconsciously. I'm prone to summon phantasms and specters, mostly to haunt me whenever I'm inspired but... Your different. Who are you? Why do you call me cousin?"


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 19/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Ability Check. When the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an ability check, the creature can roll the Bardic Inspiration die again and choose which roll to use, as the mote pops and emits colorful, harmless sparks for a moment.

Attack Roll. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an attack roll against a target, the mote thunderously shatters. The target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or take thunder damage equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die.

Saving Throw. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die and adds it to a saving throw, the mote vanishes with the sound of soft music, causing the creature to gain temporary hit points equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die plus your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point).
Inspiration 1/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action:
Bonus Action:


Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Jul 18th, 2023, 11:06 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Kori

Kori listened to the exchange between Kate, Pinna and Anahi. It suited her just fine to listen to start, and once Kate mentioned her company nickname 'the butcher,' she relaxed a little. She was definitely in the right place.

That is, until it became very apparent that Kate had no idea what had become of Duke Bedegar. Before she could intercede Anahi had announced the man's death, which was just as well. Before moving immediately into which actions she would like to take.
Interesting that she was so openly trusting with these strangers. That man Klaus had truly rattled her.

She snorted at Anahi's mention of Lufir as 'dustrag'. It was a common sentiment, but never failed to amuse her.

"Lufir Dustrage," she confirmed when she was asked. Then she waited, with no small amount of patience as Anahi wrote two quick notes and gave them to both women with instructions.

"Kate," she said when they had fallen to silence at last. She waited until the woman met her eyes. "There was no mention of Brimwell. There's a very good chance he has fallen to the same fate as the duke, or is, at least, in grave danger. There is something else you should know. The death timing of the deaths and this nights announcement...I have reason to believe the timing of this decree to be suspicious. I do not personally know the Regent, Marshall Saxon, what he's like, but I do know Lufir Dustrage, and I feel as though something about this entire thing, besides the obvious, is very, very wrong."

While she let Kate digest what she'd said she caught Pinna's attention.
"I will take all of your healing potions, if you are able." She took a moment to pull out the rather large amount of coin, but she knew she wasn't the only one who would want the wares. She would save the greater healing for buzz and offer Astrid one or two of the others.

She'd barely had time to situate herself when she picked up the odd noise from outside. A sort of rushing of air, crashing. It was Rezna, but she couldn't tell if the noise was a sign of danger or not.
She tucked the healing potions away and flexed her fingers, readying the crow's talons, should she need. "Your friend is being odd," she told Anahi, "we should check on her."

They hadn't made it to the door before the large minotaur popped her head inside, announcing something in a strange language that had Anahi stiffening. Kori frowned, just what was happening?


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Meikoris (AKA Kori)
Half-Elf Butcher

Hit Points: 30/38 | AC: 16 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:15 (+2) | Dex : 16 (+3) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 11(+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 13 (+1)

Weapons: Crow's Talons

Proficiencies & Traits: Short sword, simple weapons, herbalism kit, leatherworker's tools noneArmor | Crows TalonsWeapons | Dex modifier to hit D6 for damage martial arts | leather worker's toolsTools | Common, elvish, primordialLanguages |

Equipment: dagger, darts

__________________
ooooh...Shiny!

Last edited by stubbornmist; Jul 19th, 2023 at 10:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Jul 18th, 2023, 11:52 PM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
Buzz WagonelleTaking in the familiar and comforting surroundings of the chapel, running his hands along the smooth wood of the pews, and feeling the cold through the ancient stone work. Buzz trailed behind listening to Father Belderone expressing pride for his parish.

"I like to consider this one of the better Libraries in the North." Entering a basement cellar of sorts, revealing shelves and boxes of books, parchment, and scrolls. "some census information that dates back to when the Dragon Kings ruled over the land, remarkably enough."

The statement sparked a memory from the halflings travels, a small bit of lore he found intriguing to say the least. Leaning in to Grim, giving him a shape prod with his elbow, looking up Buzz made eye contact, "If your curiosity is as great as mine see if you can find mention of any hobgoblin allegiance in those Dragon King scrolls, I heard a bedtime story of it."
Images of the shamans, medicine goblins, and lore keepers passed through Wagonelle’s mind. Then there was a violet flash, Azar Kul was standing ahead of him, back exposed. His tattooed scaled glistened and sparked, similar to Buzz’s arm would when called upon. Looking over his shoulder, the Obsidian Claw goblin grinned, and reached towards an iron door set mounted in a plain wooden door floating in a black inky abiss.

The vision broken loose by the voice of Astrid, "Do you have any texts with a sample of their artwork, a description would suffice I suppose." Buzz stood before the locked entrance of the foundation room, hand reaching for the handle.
Not removing his gaze from the oaken portal, Buzz addressed the Father. "Could we possibly take a look in this foundation room? It seems mundane, but some of the greatest treasures can be found amongst the plainest of things."

Stat Block
right-aligned image
Buzz Wagonelle
Halfling Sorcerer

Hit Points: 32/42 | AC: 11 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25'
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Weapons:

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | Martial weapons, Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, SlingWeapons | Woodcarver's toolsTools | Common, Halfling, Primordial, Speak and understand only: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, TerranLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | You are proficient with martial weapons, and can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.Ancient Knowledge | You can physically embody your connection to titans for a short time as your form takes on aspects of your original titan. As an action, you assume the form for up to one minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if you choose to end it early as a bonus action. while in this form you gain:
-Your size increases to large.
-Your AC increases by 2
-When you make a melee weapon attack, you can use charisma, instead of strength or dexterity, for attack and damage rolls.
-Your weapons and equipment grow to match your new size. While these weapons are enlarged, your attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
-Your spells and melee weapon attacks deal double damage to objects and structures.
While in Titan Manifestation form you know and can cast the Blaze, Cataclysm, Daybreak, Glacier, and Quake spells
Titan Manifestation can be used twice per long rest.
Titan Manifestation | When an ally makes a ranged attack and you are within 5 feet of the target or the attacker, you can use your reaction to cast a cantrip to charge the projectile. The cantrip must be one that requires an attack roll and targets only one creature, and it is cast as if you were a 1st level spellcaster. If the attack hits, the target is also hit by the cantrip.Charged Projectile

Spells: Shocking Grasp |

Equipment: Scrimshaw Octopus carving
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/84993319

Action:none
Bonus Action: None
Movement: None

Last edited by BionicEwok; Jul 18th, 2023 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Jul 19th, 2023, 03:09 PM
Jrod's Avatar
Jrod Jrod is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 9th, 2024
RPXP: 2523
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Posts: 2,856
Grim



As Grim strode through the Chapel he instinctively took subconscious snapshots of the architecture as he moved from one impressive feature to the next. Stopping only briefly to admire something of note before moving onward and catching back up to the pace of his fellow, more vertically challenged compatriots of the moment.

He would be lying if he said he was disappointed In his choice of spells for the day. With such a small cavity of knowledge to focus on each day, it was impossible to know if his choice would ever be beneficial. In truth most of his spells never got cast. There was spells on his repertoire that would be useful in this endeavor, but he would have to digress, and reign his naturally quizzical mind in for more mundane attempts. Following buzz’s lead he adds;

“A truth I’ve come to know myself. As a researcher, we commonly overlook the most obvious, in pursuit of magnificent. When some of the greatest treasures are hidden in plain sight” he says, winking at Mr Wagonelle.

Moving towards the scrolls he first asks the good father for permission, with a dainty as can be “May I?” Before proceeding. Flipping through scroll after scroll and delicately handling them both on unravel and retraction.








Stat BlockGrimash
right-aligned image

Dragonborn Artificer Armorer

Hit Points: 43 | AC: 21 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:10 (+0) | Dex : 13 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 20(+5) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 9 (-1)

Weapons: Disadvantage if enemy attacks anyone but meThunder Gauntlets

Proficiencies: Simple weapons, Jewelers, Thieves, Tinkerers, Smiths, AllArmor | SimpleWeapons |

Feats: Mobile, Fey touched

Traits: 30’ line Fire Dex save DC14Breath Weapon | resistance fireDraconic Resistance | Common, DraconicLanguages |

Infusions: Enhanced Defense, Mind Sharpener, Replicate magic item

Equipment: Goggles of night, hand axes, shield, plate armor

Spell Slots available: 1st level 4/4 , 2nd level 2/2





OOC

Actions
Attack:
Movement:
Bonus:
Reaction:

Dice rolls:

Dice History check:
1d20+5 (4)+5 Total = 9



Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Jul 20th, 2023, 07:03 PM
IrishKatt's Avatar
IrishKatt IrishKatt is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2024
RPXP: 1695
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Posts: 2,908
Rezna BroadhornLooking at Anahi she could tell she knew something was up, but Kori seemed a little perplexed by her sudden appearance, and foreign words. With what could be seen as a smile momentarily flashed across her face, but was soon replaced by a more determined smirk. "Anahi is my Kash'Vol or Saga sworn. She has taken an oath to accurately record my deeds, and feats, later to be carved on my hide. She says motioning to her coloured scars. Dgar'Ka is a call to arms. Ask more later if you wish." Her tone ending in a rushed authoritative shift. Taking a step inside the small hut she has to hunch to fit "comfortably" inside. As she shifts her horns and her shoulders a bit she looks to present company and points in the direction the lightning came from. "What lies between here, and out that direction, maybe 40 miles at most? Is there anything you know of?" She asks abruptly.

Rezna wasnt sure what to expect them to answer, but she could only plan what to do after she knew that. If she had to she would explain, but hoped she did not come off as as superstitious savage of the sea clans. Her gaze shifted between the women in the shack, and it was abundantly clear she had a serious air about her. "How long has this storm been here? It calls to me, I must know." She trails off looking out the way the lightning struck. "Rogue Wave" She mutters, her attention more on the direction North-East as she awaits an answer.


Statblock
right-aligned image

Rezna "The Rogue Wave" Broadhorn
Minotaur Barbarian


HP: 60/65 AC: 17 Initiative: +2 Speed: 40ft Prof: +3 Speed 40ft
Str: 18 Dex: 14 Con: 20 Int: 14 Wis: 14 Cha: 13

Weapons 1d12+4* Great-Axe 1d12+14* Great-Axe GWM
*+2 during Rage

Feature: Your horns are natural melee weapons, which you can use to make unarmed strikes. If you hit with them, you deal piercing damage equal to 1d6 +4, instead of the bludgeoning damage normal for an unarmed strike.Horns
Immediately after you use the Dash action on your turn and move at least 20 feet, you can make one melee attack with your horns as a bonus action.Goring Rush
Immediately after you hit a creature with a melee attack as part of the Attack action on your turn, you can use a bonus action to attempt to shove that target with your horns. The target must be no more than one size larger than you and within 5 feet of you. Unless it succeeds on a Strength saving throw (DC 15), you push it up to 10 feet away from you.Hammering Horns
As a bonus action enter a rage for up to 1 minute (10 rounds).

You gain advantage on STR checks and saving throws (not attacks), +2 melee damage with STR weapons, resistance to bludgeoning, piercing, slashing damage. You can't cast or concentrate on spells while raging.

Your rage ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if your turn ends and you haven’t attacked a hostile creature since your last turn or taken damage since then. You can also end your rage as a bonus action.
"Rage
While not wearing armor, your AC equals 10 + DEX modifier + CON modifier + any shield bonus.Unarmoured Defense
When you make your first attack on your turn, you can decide to attack recklessly, giving you advantage on melee weapon attack rolls using STR during this turn, but attack rolls against you have advantage until your next turn.Reckless Attack
You have advantage on DEX saving throws against effects that you can see while not blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.Danger Sense
On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 HP with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action. Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll to add +10 to the attack's damage.Great Weapon Master



Note:
Initiative:
Action:
Bonus Action:
Other Inspiration
__________________

Natural 20's:15
Natural 1's: 3

Last edited by IrishKatt; Jul 21st, 2023 at 03:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Jul 29th, 2023, 08:42 AM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 13th, 2024
RPXP: 14182
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,836
Currently
Date 24th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1542
Time Early Evening
Location Gravesford
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 15 C

”The Lost Company: Speak the Devil”

”Church of St. Gaed the Confessor”

As Buzz approached the doorway, Father Belderone seemed to almost suddenly appear with a hand on the doors handle, the warm smile on his face with closed eyes reminding Buzz of a kind grandfather. "Haha, I see you and Clarke are birds of a feather as they say. I can tell you have an adventurer’s spirit… but let me assure you, as much as plain can be boring, there is nothing more commonplace than danger around every corner. While the foundations stand, and for now, securely so, there are depths to those catacombs for which even I am unfamiliar. I could not in good conscience allow someone to proceed and risk their lives for no good reason."

Moving to a bookshelf, Father Belderone removed a scroll case and popped open the cap, and peered within, "Ah, yes. I couldn’t help but overhear what you were curious about my dear boy, but this information may be of interest to you. This document is dated to be almost 10,000 years old."

Placing the tube down on the table, the Father rolled out the parchment and showed it to Grimash and Buzz, "Census information for the region. Around this time, we would be in the territory of Qazyldrath, “The Fanged Eclipse”. I’m personally uncertain why census information was kept, but the prevailing theory is that the dragon kings needed to know who was within their demesne, to plan for the amount of treasure they could conceivably receive in tribute. And if you look here… I think you’ll see some answers."

The script was… archaic. It looked like draconic but the lettering was far more stylized and… primal.

Grimshaw held his arkantrik hand forward and the round bluish sphere set near the wrist at the back of the hand seemed to glow. "Processing… processing… Qazyldrath; The Fanged Eclipse; The World Eater; The King of Black Bog; The Pain In My Ass Little Wyrmkin- correction, processing…" Father Belderone raised an eyebrow at Grimshaw and chuckled, "What a curious device. Quite entertaining I think!"

With a shake of his artificial wrist, the claw hovered over the writing some more, "Census of the 57,430 year of rule of the Draconian Sovereigns; Territory: The Eclipse Shadow; Subject populations:

Dragonkin: 12,352, mostly administrative positions.
Elvenkin: 120,748, mostly administrative and arcane positions.
Goblinkin: 203,895, mostly military positions.
Humankin: 382,472, mostly agricultural and peasantry.
Orckin: 402,744 mostly mining and peasantry.


Apologies, information incomplete… processing…
"


The information seemed sparse… but the fact that the goblins seemed to number almost half of what the human numbers was… shocking in many ways. Currently it would be surprised if the entirety of goblinoids in the barrens was even half that much… but the area in which this described couldn’t have been much larger than that of Rach’dinai, the Barrens, Cy’denea, the 3 closest elven duchies and some of the Orc Nations…

Also, the goblins were the only group listed as military. Even the elves and humans didn’t hold that majority position. It seemed as though the goblins were, at this point in history, held with enough trust by the dragon kings to administer their military might in this region at least.




The ghostly figure just stared at Astrid for a moment, and then began to laugh a long, hard, human-like belly-laugh, and sat down in a pew across from Astrid and continued to laugh, his voice filling the chamber with laughter, except no one else in the chapel seemed to notice the commotion. "Oh god, you’ve got a similar tone and attitude as she did, that’s just too much. Does my old spirit well. I apologize, I asked for your name and did not give my own. I am Gaed, a pleasure to meet you… Astrid. As I mentioned, you are the splitting image of someone I considered a cousin, although… the family relations are a little bit strange, admittedly. "

Gaed, or at least the spirit who believed himself to be Gaed, turned towards Astrid and flourished his hands, "Being one of the firstborn of any race, we sort of identify ourselves as siblings. The first generation of mortals to walk this world in its infancy after the Gods had their spat. Children of The Scarlet Empress, however, you have some split heritage. While I may call others brother and sister, I sort of consider you and your sisters, er- oh my this gets quite confusing when you’re not who I think you are, but I’m talking to you like it hasn’t been eons. It’s so very strange. Anyways, The Arcane Weaver is as much your parent as mine is, so… I mean, you’re a cousin, or a step-sibling, or… something of the like. She was quite the artist too, which seems like such a wondrously long time ago now… although I suppose it really was. Time becomes a little bit relative when you find yourself incorporeal, really…"

The figure turned back towards the front of the Church, which seemed to have been made to honor himself… and glanced towards the stained glass window, at least, that was the impression Astrid had, "Regardless, it fills me with a great deal of happiness to see you again… even if you’re not, well, the you that I remember. Also, it’s good to see you have traveled with some very good folks. I could sense you all entering town. Sonny Belly is right too… I would have given that Dustrag a good kicking." Chuckling about the whole affair, Gaed sighed and glanced towards Astrid with the soft-focused, smooth featureless face in white, "Be careful of that halfling you’re with Astrid… there’s a power behind him that was gone before I even became a thought in my mother’s eye…"




Down below, as Father Belderone was unfurling a scroll from its case, Buzz, perhaps unknown to even him, was a passenger and observer as his tattoo’d arm glowed purplish and reached toward the door. Not more than 3 inches from the door handle, there was a brightened flash, that seemed to slam Buzz backwards from the door. Father Belderone whipped his head around and ran towards Buzz, Clarke was there before anyone else and was trying to shake Buzz out of whatever stupor the arcane blast may have done to him.



”Pinna’s Magic Shop”

The Magic shop fell quiet, only the rain outside the shop making any hint of noise as the news of the Duke’s fate came crashing down on the two women. Kate was taking steadying breaths and turned away to pace a bit. Pinna’s eyes were welling with moisture, a sniffle escaping her nose, being wiped away as her red-haired curls were shaking slightly from the held-back tears.

With the call for help, Kate turned to Anahi and nodded. She watched as she scribbled out the message, raised an eyebrow at Anahi, and with the directions to the Golden Chalice written out, Kate took the letters and plopped them under her arm, "I send word by Ravens. This will get where it needs to go."

Directing her questions towards Pinna, the young hedge mage with now puffy red eyes sniffled and listened to Anahi, "Oh yes, very capable, that’s very kind of you to say, to be certain. I would be happy to offer a favor, of course! An arcane sending spell? Oh god, those ARE great spells. You just whisper an incantation, and in 25 words or less it’s sent out. Just fantastic. Truly a wonderful spell, and an easy one for those with the know-how. Yep… really great spell…"

Pinna was staring at the same note when she looked up and gave a little shrug, "I know this is ridiculous… but I don’t know Sending yet. I’m working on it! But…. yeah." With a crestfallen attitude, Pinna sheepishly offers the note back to Anahi, "I think Kate is likely your best bet for making the connection. I apologize. If my master was here, for sure she’d be able to perform such a basic task. Ugh…. I am such a failure as a wizard…"

At Kori’s request for potions, Pinna nodded and moved to gather them up for the Butcher’s purchase. Kate acknowledged Kori and stepped towards her, listening to her take on the situation, and then nodding along. "I agree… that Dustrage is a snake of the worst sort. The Duke and Lord Marshall were childhood friends. The Saxton’s have been one of the oldest noble families in Rach’Dinai, right up there with the Bedegar’s. It seems like such a stretch for The Lord Marshall to commit such an act… but, I wouldn’t put it past Dustrage, his ambition knows no bounds. Or Cedric Ashbourne for that matter. There was some fairly strong evidence suggesting a degree of corruption with Baron Ashbourne that would have been unimaginable… enough that it warranted Brimswell and the Duke to visit Wildfort. Brimswell was pretty good with his exit strategies, but to be honest, I can’t imagine he would have let the Duke die and leave unscathed. I agree, he’s either met the same fate as the Duke and his family, or he’s trying to make his way to here, or whatever other safe house he might have."

Sighing deeply, Kate turned to Pinna, "Do you have that scroll I gave to you for safe keeping?" Pinna nodded and made sure the healing potions wouldn’t tip over, and then moved to the chimney, where she pulled a scroll away from within the crease of the inner wall of the hearth, out of sight, and difficult for anyone to believe something would be hidden there. She offered it to Kate and then proceeded to gather the items. "Brimswell was always the cautious type. He gave me instructions that should he ever be suspected of dying, I should proceed with sending ravens to specific locations in Rach’Dinai addressed to certain people. The message essentially was to gather the disparate parts of the Lost Company to Gravesford, and a few other HUB locations across the country, and await instructions."

Kate held out the tube to Kori and nodded, "He had instructions to leave that note specifically for The Butcher."

At Rezna’s abrupt appearance, Kate furrows her brow and looks out in the direction Rezna points, and then looks over at Pinna. It is the young wizard who speaks up, "In that direction, I believe there is only Castle Rend. It’s said to be cursed, as the Baron of Rendolyn, who formerly ruled this region, was found dead with the rest of his household. Terrible business. That’s the only thing I can picture in my mind. It would be roughly, a full day’s travel. Assuming you’re not waylaid by anything. There is a fairly dense forest in that area… I think it would be hard to reach there given the trouble some of your members have had today. Not to mention Dustrage will be out there as well."

Kate glances over at Kori, who was currently packing the health potions she just purchased, then turns to Anahi and Rezna. "This storm is new. It’s uncharacteristic for this time of year to be a thunderstorm of that size. I think, however, the prudent course of action if you’re seeking to go out that way is to rest the night. I have no idea what that scroll contains for Kori, but it’ll likely dictate what her actions are going to be."

With a sigh, shaking her head, she turns to Pinna and smiles, "Well, with such sad tidings, I’m going to go beat a piece of metal to all hell. I’ll see you tomorrow Pinna. Try to get some rest… and put a gods-be-damned sign up if you’re going to try that potion again!" Nodding her head to each, she steps out of the mage’s shop and heads towards the smithy. Pinna, her eyes still teary at the news of the Duke’s demise, nods and collects payment for the items purchased, and bids the travelers goodnight, and a promise to greet them in the morning at the tavern.







”OOC” Alright, one more round of reactions before I push us forward. Didn’t feel quite right yet….


 




__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Jul 30th, 2023, 12:00 AM
Jrod's Avatar
Jrod Jrod is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 9th, 2024
RPXP: 2523
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Posts: 2,856
Grim



“The relic possesses an arcane Intelligence, it aids in my endeavors. When I lost my arm, I lost a piece of myself in more than just the literal sense. This jewel and it’s Arcana brought something back to me. Gave me back something I had lost, body and mind”

“We won’t press Father, it is not our place. But should your catacombs need spelunking for whatever the reason, the two of us would be the first to oblige. I wouldn’t say it so for certain, but perhaps there’s a trove below your very feet worth unimaginable wealth. Enough to satisfy the church, and Gravesford for years to come.” He looks to buzz with a wink “or perhaps not. We wouldn’t know until we looked”

“Docent- what was the relationship between Qazyldrath the fanged eclipse and Saryxearodetharrg the lightening oasis at this time? “

”If there’s nothing further, we should be off. The day is long and we could all use the rest. Thank you for your hospitality and humbling experience father. Should you ever need our services, with whichever facet they may come, consider the task completed”





Stat BlockGrimash
right-aligned image

Dragonborn Artificer Armorer

Hit Points: 43 | AC: 21 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:10 (+0) | Dex : 13 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 20(+5) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 9 (-1)

Weapons: Disadvantage if enemy attacks anyone but meThunder Gauntlets

Proficiencies: Simple weapons, Jewelers, Thieves, Tinkerers, Smiths, AllArmor | SimpleWeapons |

Feats: Mobile, Fey touched

Traits: 30’ line Fire Dex save DC14Breath Weapon | resistance fireDraconic Resistance | Common, DraconicLanguages |

Infusions: Enhanced Defense, Mind Sharpener, Replicate magic item

Equipment: Goggles of night, hand axes, shield, plate armor

Spell Slots available: 1st level 4/4 , 2nd level 2/2





OOC

Actions
Attack:
Movement:
Bonus:
Reaction:

Dice rolls:

Looking at the lock of the door if there is one. Gauging if it is intricate or mundane

Dice Perception:
1d20+4 (17)+4 Total = 21



Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Jul 30th, 2023, 07:35 PM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 10th, 2024
RPXP: 6279
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,537
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

Astrid looked shock to meet such an important figure,"The Confessor himself." she mutters, her hands absentmindedly drawing. Her mind trying to reach out to this familiar feeling she gets from talking to this individual, she wants to draw out what he looked like from before. For now, she looked toward the spirit,"I wouldn't mind if you think of me as your cousin, Saint Gaed... You see, I have strange abilities, far more stranger than what's known... Perhaps this is because I am this Cousin you speak of. Tell me, what's her name?"

She then turns to the path where Buzz and that Dragonborns went off to, the storage filled with books and such,".... Buzz may be an idiot. Completely a fool and a bit too curious for his own good, but I have upmost confidence that whatever your sensing, Buzz can handle it. If he doesn't, I'll deal with it. Me or Kori, depending on the circumstances."


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 19/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Ability Check. When the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an ability check, the creature can roll the Bardic Inspiration die again and choose which roll to use, as the mote pops and emits colorful, harmless sparks for a moment.

Attack Roll. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an attack roll against a target, the mote thunderously shatters. The target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or take thunder damage equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die.

Saving Throw. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die and adds it to a saving throw, the mote vanishes with the sound of soft music, causing the creature to gain temporary hit points equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die plus your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point).
Inspiration 1/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action:
Bonus Action:


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:46 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB