DnD5e Tales Across the Galaxy: Star Wars Adventure Series - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2024, 05:44 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 600
Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty Hoppitty
@Nomad: Thank you! I love both your entries, too!

And a lot of everyone else's too!
Old Feb 10th, 2024, 05:36 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 172
Desert Typhoon Desert Typhoon
Deadline: Feb 16.
Old Feb 11th, 2024, 08:11 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8118
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Is there any more info you need from me DT? I think my app is complete.
Old Feb 11th, 2024, 09:10 AM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 782
Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71
@Desert Typhoon
I'm in the same boat here as Mitsubachi. I am finished with my character (I simply am incapable of writing a full backstory based on the bullet points I put forth for some reason), and I indicated quite a while ago that I would like you to review. Is there something I missed? Anything I need to fill in or finalize?
Old Feb 11th, 2024, 06:24 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 172
Desert Typhoon Desert Typhoon
I'm sorry folks, I haven't got around to full reading and reviewing.

Last edited by Desert Typhoon; Feb 12th, 2024 at 04:37 AM.
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 02:10 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6218
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
I have completed the app for my Shell Hutt fighter, Kraiga. His background has his father, Jakul the Hutt, being in charge of a small black market business dealing specifically in Jedi and Sith artifacts. One of their popular sellers are lightsabers acquired from Jedi who died in the Order 66 attacks. This might help as a tie in for anyones character interested in or is a Jedi and also a good cover story as to why they might have a lightsaber but “I’m not a Jedi” I just wanted a cool weaponwink wink. He has included one person’s character as potentially being recruited by Kraiga to help with the job. Anyone else who is selected and wants a reason to already know Kraiga could have a business connection with his father.
Old Feb 13th, 2024, 09:13 AM
He/Him

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27155
Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer Lazer
Application: Elle Lann, Echani Operative
right-aligned image
Name: Elle Lann
Species: Echani
Alignment: Lawful Balanced
Background:
  • Trait 1: I care more for my weapons than some people do for their pets.
  • Trait 2: I often act impetuously and it can get me in trouble.
  • Ideal: Grace. It is not enough to just win a fight, it must be accomplished with elegance and poise.
  • Bond: I will earn back the honor I lost and return to Eshan a hero.
  • Flaw 1: When I fight against someone particularly skilled, I can’t help but fall a little in love.
  • Flaw 2: I have been known to be overconfident on occasion.
Echani (re-skinned Mandalorian)
Class: Monk

Description: Elle is light-skinned, with white hair usually tied in a pony-tail, and silver eyes. Of course, this describes nearly any Echani, so I imagine you are looking for something a little more… unique, yes? I could tell you that she moves with unnatural grace, that she is eminently confident in her own abilities, or that those silver eyes can pick out every threat in a crowded cantina with but a casual glance, but these things too could be said about many Echani. No, what makes Elle Lann unique is her past, and that is something that she does not share with just anyone.

Why do you seek this path?: There is little honor to be gained in bounty hunting or mercenary work, unless you happen to vanquish an unusually skilled opponent. The opportunity to rescue youngsters does not come along too often, and the honor I could gain from doing so would go a long way toward restoring my standing within my clan.

History: Elle never had any great desire to see the galaxy. Why would she when Eshan held every challenge for which a girl could wish? She excelled in her combat lessons, often earning extraordinary praise from her instructors for her technique and creativity (although they did question her attitude to the noble traditions, going so far as to describe her as ‘flippant’, or even 'disrespectful'), and so she expected to compete in tournaments, earning fame and glory, until she became too old to compete and instead took her turn training the next generation.

Things started out well enough, Elle fought with hand and blade in several arenas, building a following and earning both credits and glory. When she was sixteen she was chosen as part of a team led by a famous warrior, Menome Bodis, on a tour of the galaxy where they would compete against their host planets in fencing and martial arts bouts. For Elle this was a great honor, but as the youngest member of the team it was expected that she would mostly study the bouts of the older participants so that she could incorporate any new techniques into her own practice.

It was on Carida that she first witnessed Ruto Ecken competing. A tall and slender human with dark hair and an impetuous manner, Ecken was purportedly an instructor at the Carida Imperial Academy. Drawn against one of the best fencers in the Echani team, Hedan Rize, Elle felt confident that he would be quickly despatched. As it turned out, however, the man had an unexpected level of determination and resilience, managing to hang in for the entire duration of the bout, wearing down his opponent and by the end even managing to out-score her. It was an impressive display, but that should have been the end of it except that during the team's visit to Alderaan a few weeks later, Ecken was once again entered as a fencing contestant. Hedan Rize asked to be nominated for a rematch, but Menome Bodis vetoed the idea, claiming that the Imperial was most likely trying to learn advanced Echani techniques to take back to his academy, so he instead nominated Elle.

The entire team offered her words of support, encouragement and advice leading up to the bout, and the young warrior was grateful. This would be her most difficult challenge yet, she knew, facing such a tough and skilled opponent who had mastered techniques completely unfamiliar to her. She would need to be at her best in order to maintain the honor of the Echani people. As she faced off against the man in the lead up to their bout, he showed no sign of being annoyed at having to fight someone of lesser stature, quite the opposite actually.

"You honor me, warrior," he said in the formal Echani manner, but with a devilish twinkle in his eye.

"We'll see about that," she had replied, thinking herself so suave.

Ecken won the bout, but it was actually surprisingly close. So much so that Elle was emboldened to publicly challenge him to an unarmed matchup, which was her specialty. The resulting match was memorable for two main reasons; first, Elle won with a fierce and unconventional arm-lock in the sixth round, and second, it resulted in her being sent back home to Eshan, with Echani spectators (who were known for being able to read significant subtext from fights) describing some of the interplay between the two competitors as 'downright lewd' and 'unbecoming of a representative of the Echani people'.

In disgrace, Elle found ever more avenues closed to her in Eshan, or indeed in any Echani-influenced system. For her part, Elle felt that she had been treated unfairly and managed to sneak herself onto a transport to Carida where she was sure that Ruto Ecken would be pleased to see her. Indeed he was, as were the other instructors from the Academy who he arranged to train with her over a gruelling series of bouts. After several months of this Elle finally came to realise that Menome Bodis had been right after all, the Imperials were simply trying to learn new techniques, hoping to position Carida as the premier academy for special forces troops, even ahead of Coruscant.

With her reputation back home in tatters and branded a 'deserter', Elle was left with few options. Ruto Ecken attempted to convince her to enrol at the academy, but by that point she was long past listening to the man, and she had already been the subject of much xenophobia from the Imperials, so instead she hired her talents out to make enough credits to get by, all the while hoping to find a way to redeem herself in the eyes of her people.

Last edited by Lazer; Feb 13th, 2024 at 11:38 AM.
Old Feb 15th, 2024, 10:38 AM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71 Scarecrow71
Well, only 1 day to go! Not sure when on the 16th the deadline is, but the deadline is tomorrow. I wish everyone good luck, and I know I've got my own fingers crossed! Lot of good applications, and it makes me nervous about my own chances when I see such awesomeness in the app phase!
Old Feb 15th, 2024, 08:37 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 982
Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240
I didn't know either and at this point I was too scared to ask :P
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 09:40 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8118
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Yeah... there's enough material here for two or three full good teams. Good luck everyone!
Old Feb 16th, 2024, 12:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34999
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Old Feb 18th, 2024, 06:33 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 982
Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240 Nomad240
I don't want to come off as a nag, I was just wondering if you were going to announce here who the lucky ducks are or if it's already been done privately?
Old Feb 18th, 2024, 07:44 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34999
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
PMs aside, looks like DT hasn't posted on the site since 2/11; 7 days ago. Maybe all of our awesome apps made the decision making that difficult?
Old Feb 19th, 2024, 08:12 AM
[insert witticism here]

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
PMs aside, looks like DT hasn't posted on the site since 2/11; 7 days ago. Maybe all of our awesome apps made the decision making that difficult?
And he hasn't logged on to the site since the 14th. Not looking good for this game.
Old Feb 20th, 2024, 12:31 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6279
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Y'all are panicking too much. Just be patient just for a little while
Closed Thread