Notices

Old Apr 18th, 2024, 07:51 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
GreyCloudz GreyCloudz
Hello people

I've been interested in dnd 5e for a while now but could never find a group to play with and then I found out about this site so now I'm here
I've played text based games before but not similar to pbp
Looking forward to being here
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 08:19 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90089
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

Glad you broke the ice and joined us. We have a lot of 5e fans, who will be happy to share imaginations and worlds with you. Happy gaming!
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 08:20 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20171
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy GreyCloudz,

I love to ask when I see names like yours, is there any meaning behind it?

Tell us a bit more about yourself. We have a whole host of different RPG systems for you to try out in addition to 5e. How about genre, do you prefer high magic, low magic, historical fiction, high tech, horror, sci fi/future tech etc.? Do you have a favorite character class, race? Do you know how much wood a woodchuck chucks, if a woodchuck, could chuck wood?

There are a lot of choices for various RPG systems here, although PF and D&D are the two most common. We have quite a few games with very long legs here. In fact, I talk about one below. To start, you may want to check out a solo game. This will help you learn the site tools, since each site is a bit different.

As far as finding games goes, try here. This is where there are games seeking players. It can be a bit daunting but don't give up. It may take a few applications before you get accepted...but it's worth it once you're in. This is a great place to scratch your RPG itch and interact with some great DMs and players. There is some incredible role playing going on here. I thought I was a pretty good story teller, but I have been put to shame by the quality of many of the players...and I have learned a lot.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for a few years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 09:22 AM
GMing in Rome and Gareth.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5888
Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin
Hey GreyCloudz, welcome here. What kind of text based games have you played before?
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 02:26 PM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 74377
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hi, GreyCloudz! Welcome to the site. You came onto the server and all the sudden the weather in my area of the world turned stormy! Coincidence? Or cosmic Greycloudz powers? I’m looking forward to hearing more about the types of games and characters that you want to play!

Last edited by bananabadger; Apr 18th, 2024 at 02:26 PM.
Old Apr 18th, 2024, 09:14 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
GreyCloudz GreyCloudz
Theres no meaning my fav color is grey and its the first thing that came to mind- plus it sounded nice haha
Old Apr 19th, 2024, 03:38 PM
Mr. Brightside

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3231
ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett ratchett
Welcome aboard!

The solo game is a great feature of this platform both to show you the ropes AND to demonstrate that it's a welcoming community.

I hope to see you around.
Old Apr 20th, 2024, 09:57 PM
very preem, choom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2902
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Welcome, welcome, good to see you, GreyCloudz. Definitely get in and apply for some games, hope to see you RPing soon!
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 05:29 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9899
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, GreyCloudz! PbP is such a fun way to get in some DnD. I'm glad you found the site and I hope you enjoy your New Player Solo Game!
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 06:38 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34702
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Thanks for dropping in GreyCloudz - hope to see you around the site!
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 12:02 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 320
NostraDomus NostraDomus NostraDomus NostraDomus
Hey! Welcome to the site. I’m new too and looking for games. I hope to see you around.
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 04:57 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3890
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Allo, Allo and welcome aboard.

Usually loads of games to choose from, usually 5e or PF, but others crop up too. It is like a treasure trove!
Old May 1st, 2024, 09:21 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11482
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
right-aligned image

‘Allo and Welcome GreyCloudz!

May you have many grand adventures and meet new friends along the way.