twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 21st, 2024, 04:22 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Fantazy Fantazy
Hi to all

Hi! My name is Hannah, and I'm new to pbp and online rpg's in general.

I was hoping to have a fun time during everything going on.
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 07:36 AM
GMing in Rome and Gareth.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5888
Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin Dworin
Hello Fantazy/Hannah and welcome to rpgx. You can take a look around all the forums; there are some games (not really roleplaying) played in open roleplaying but since you're ne, I'd suggest you take a look at the New Player Solo Games and pick a system that seems interesting to you. You'll get your own personal Game Master (GM) to guide you through the game system as well as all the pbp things, all while playing through a fun little scenario.

If you'd rather start with a group game, keep an eye on the Games Seeking Players subforum where players are recruited all the time. Don't hesitate to ask anything; we're a friendly bunch.

And tell us (only if you want): what type of fantazy do you like? What brought you here? What type of character are you most eager to play?
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 08:19 AM
Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 90089
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

glad you joined us here, we hope you have fun too! It's kind of what we are all about!

What types of RPGs do you enjoy, or think you might enjoy?
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 08:40 AM
very preem, choom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2902
Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy Rockerboy
Howdy, Fantazy, welcome to the community; it's a fun place, 100%, looking forward to seeing you in some RPs!
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 08:54 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4502
Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun Hotshot lasgun
good morning vietnam, people, and especially to a new fish!
Old Apr 21st, 2024, 10:51 AM
Gondolindrim

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20171
Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil Ildrahil
Howdy Hannah,

Great name choice! I'm surprised it wasn't already taken.

Tell us a bit more about yourself. I see you are new to PbP and online RPGs, but what RPGs have you played? We have a whole host of different RPG systems for you to try out. How about genre, do you prefer high magic, low magic, historical fiction, high tech, horror, sci fi/future tech etc.? Do you have a favorite character class, race? Do you know how much wood a woodchuck chucks, if a woodchuck, could chuck wood?

There are a lot of choices for various RPG systems here, although PF and D&D are the two most common. We have quite a few games with very long legs here. In fact, I talk about one below. As a new member, you may want to check out a solo game. This will help you learn the site tools, since each site is a bit different.

As far as finding games goes, try here. This is where there are games seeking players. It can be a bit daunting but don't give up. It may take a few applications before you get accepted...but it's worth it once you're in. This is a great place to scratch your RPG itch and interact with some great DMs and players. There is some incredible role playing going on here. I thought I was a pretty good story teller, but I have been put to shame by the quality of many of the players...and I have learned a lot.

This is a place where the people are welcoming, where the games are interesting, and where generally they only expect you to post a few times a week. I've been playing D&D for a very long time and I thought I've seen it all, but this site has some amazing games going on. I've been playing (storytelling as much as rolling) for a few years now in a game that has been going on continuously for four decades, started tabletop and moved online two decades ago. It's set in an alternate Europe where the worlds of Tolkien and Howard existed in ages past. So there is a hint of LOTR and a hint of Conan in it and since it's set in an alt Europe it somehow feels familiar.

This is just one example and there are other great campaigns on RPGX. You should take some time to "stroll around" the site and see if anything catches your eye.

I hope to see you around on the boards.
Old Apr 22nd, 2024, 11:16 AM
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 74377
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Hey there, Fantazy! Welcome to the site! So what type of games are you interested in trying out? Which ones have you heard about?
Old Apr 24th, 2024, 05:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9899
Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus Leviticus
Welcome, Fantazy! PbP is such a fun way to RP. And the New Player Solo Game is the perfect way to ease your way into both! I hope you enjoy the site!
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 12:04 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 320
NostraDomus NostraDomus NostraDomus NostraDomus
Hey! Welcome to the site. I’m new too and looking for games. I hope to see you around.
Old Apr 25th, 2024, 04:58 AM
Beyond the Veil

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3890
Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One Drifter One
Welcome aboard the perpetually sailing ship!

I am sure you'll find fun times here, a great outlet to get creative juices flowing.
Old May 1st, 2024, 09:22 PM
Purrs & Roars

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11482
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
right-aligned image

‘Allo and Welcome Fantazy!

Enjoy exploring the variety of games RPG Crossing offers and join in the fun.