RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Feb 17th, 2006, 08:00 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34677
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Player's Coffee Room

This is a place for the PLAYERS of our game to OOC visit/discuss whatever you wish. Strategy for the game, share victories and disappoints in the game, or just chat about the weather.

Lurkers are welcome to make comments and visit here as long as it SOMETHING to do about our players, characters, storyline, format, etc.

{QnA regarding the 'game' direct to me (the GM) should be put in the "TIPS and QnA" thread.}
Old Feb 17th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 429
PsionicRanger PsionicRanger PsionicRanger PsionicRanger PsionicRanger
I'm just loving the sexual tension between Lola and Xavier...anyway, dice-bot hates me...
Old Feb 17th, 2006, 10:34 PM
Canadian Dragonsworn Pyro

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20
Firesong
Unfortunately, the wall Andrej is leaning against is not by the window. Although the window is still visible, what you're looking for probably isn't.

I get high rolls on things that aren't important. And then I roll natural ones on saves and attacks.
Old Feb 17th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
When I DM on these boards, my highest rolls are against my players. Then, when I'm a player...there's no such thing as high rolls.
Old Feb 17th, 2006, 11:36 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Well... the Supporting Cast (the 'other guys') are going quite well with the dice lately! (I will usually hide those rolls to myself so I can see them in the flow of the game... man, the dice are HOT the last couple of checks!)

You guys are doing! Great... I about rolled out of my chair a few times yesterday while reading over the posts
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 472
rasone77 rasone77 rasone77 rasone77 rasone77
Yeah I think that so far this is my favorite game going right now because of the cast and superior roleplay in this game. It's also the first time I've played Modern. I like it because roleplay comes a little more easily scince we can draw from real world expierinces and pop culture. It helps the flow of the emotions go smoother.

When you play the fantasy settings roleplay is limited to how you percieve the world you're in. It can be abstract scince there is no such thing as dragons in real life but your character has to believe that there are. Therefore you have to create a whole world in your head. That's usually not too hard for me but it can be for others, especially if they just start playing. So the roleplay overall suffers.

In modern it's easy to roleplay things that everyone knows about because we can use the world we live in everyday as flavor for our characters. For example, I have seen movies with federal agents in them and seen how they interact with their peers. It was easy enough for me to model that personality into Xavier and getting into his head is easier because I have more source material to draw from than I do if I play a Palladin of a Mage.

Just my thought on Modern D20
Old Feb 18th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Just to let you know, Sav, we'll miss you when you're gone, but in my honest opinion, this game will be worth waiting for.
Old Feb 19th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
THanks PR! I'm excited to see the group in a crunch situation... with this presonalities, I think its going to be a blast (Literially in some cases) The hard part will be forgetting about the game until I can get back from some long waited US time!
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry, couldn't post yesterday, but I'm back now.
Old Feb 20th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34
Rerret
this game is fun. I had planned ria to be meek and mildish, but gosh darnit, i guess my personality is bleeding through (or maybe it's the chaotic good part) but I just can't get her to stay quiet and go along with stuff she disagrees with. Or maybe it's just cause she's smarter than me......

anyway, Ria has the highest investigate modifier of everyone but the guy whose not here yet, so, yeah, she realy wants to investigate the houses.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry I didn't post yesterday I was busy on my day off getting a few things done. Anyways, I meant for Kato to be in my car and ria as well. Oh well I am sure you guys will hear it later when you get back. It also proves without shadow of a doubt that you guys can not listen to intructions carefully.

I hope the institute doesn't catch on.

Last edited by rasone77; Feb 22nd, 2006 at 10:21 AM.
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 11:34 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34
Rerret
we're in the blue car =P your guy was looking at the green. XD

Sure hope the receptionist doesn't slap you one XD
Old Feb 22nd, 2006, 01:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Most likely she'll giggle and then tell me when to meet her. she is just a floozy after all.

Last edited by rasone77; Feb 22nd, 2006 at 01:26 PM.
Old Feb 24th, 2006, 07:59 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Firesong
By the way, the computer I'm using right now is incapable of reading PDFs, so I can't access the files; hence I posted and plan to edit information into it in the future. Sorry about that.
Old Feb 25th, 2006, 11:49 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Firesong
Well, I was going to ask something about the neighbour, and his possible relation to this... but I don't have the date of his death. If another player could provide it, or if the DM could edit my question into my post...? I'm going to be off for about ten or eleven hours while I sleep, you see.