Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Other Roleplaying Games > Delta Green
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 28th, 2022, 12:50 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10553
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
The Salty Snake Eater
right-aligned image

"Jacques" watches the back and forth exchange with interest, still trying to decide what exactly in the hell is going on here. Clearly he was supposed to be here, as he got the text message and even confirmed it with his chain of command due to training obligations later on that day that another sergeant was supposed to handle. For all intensive purposes, this looks like another instance where a special operations soldier is loaned out to one of the many alphabet soup agencies for a specific mission.

But the mission... it sounds... nuts. Jacob keeps mentioning strange incidents and "Unnaturals", but outside of the meteorite "Jacques" knows nothing else. And even that is a closely guarded secret, so he doesn't feel content sharing it here, amongst strangers.

When Jacob throws the folder down and says there is more information in there, the muscular man with the short cropped hair stands up and walks over to it. "Ya mind?" he asks, placing a hand on it for confirmation, then when he is allowed to, he opens the folder and begins reviewing each page intently, trying to make sense of what was going on. This Jacob fellow was all over the place, and Stephen was having a hard time tracking what exactly this fellow was trying to do.
Old Jul 29th, 2022, 03:59 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 48417
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
February 3, 2001
right-aligned image
Agent Jeffery pecks away at his laptop, a sheen of nervous sweat beginning to appear on his brow as he begins to realize the depths of the hole into which he is being slowly… inexorably… dragged. Yet… he pecks away, Joyce looking over his shoulder.

Agent Jacob continues to explain the bare basics of the case and he begins to outline a plan of attack when he sees Agent Jacques moving towards the pink cartoon cat folder.

Joyce notices as well and she closes her eyes as the granite jawed soldier flips open the folder.

OocFurther information has been secreted to relevant agents. If I secret information it is your job to weave it into the story. That is what we are building together. If you want to check anything out let me know, ask me questions on discord. The world is your oyster.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Jul 29th, 2022 at 04:00 PM.
Old Jul 31st, 2022, 03:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54982
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Agent Joyce
right-aligned image
Agent Joyce returned to witness the glasses-wearing, more professional of the attendees—Agent Jacob confirmed that he had dubbed himself Jeffery when asked for a pseudonym—state that Delta Green was organized like a terrorist cell. This threw her off, having been working herself up to researching—or at least further discussing—things that should not be. She returned to the chair at Agent Jacob's side (her second seat at the table, not the previous), sinking slowly into it as her mind turned over what she knew so far.

The idea that what they were doing wasn't legal was a new aspect for her concerns. Believer she may be now, but that didn't outweigh this being illegal. She was comfortable working within the state police to do this sort of research—well, not quite this sort of Unnatural research, but still—was she okay with working outside the law? Yet, hadn't fictional NPC head of MD State Police Homicide Unit, works for Colonel David Mitchell, one of her BondsSergeant Thompson sent her here? Did that mean he was okay with it, or had he been fed some kind of lie to get her involved? That didn't sit well, nor did the idea of lying to him when he called her in to research another case. What's more, her work at the library was fixed, part-time, and she'd likely be let go if she missed too many days.

"I find I must agree with... my colleague," Agent Joyce stated, hesitating briefly when she forgot what pseudonym the young intellectual had picked. Just to make sure she was clear, she inclined her head in the spin-doctor's direction. "Though I'm more uncomfortable with the idea of unregistered weapons than the firearms themselves. Is that truly necessary?" Of course Agent Jacob answered that question almost before it was out of her mouth.

Questions silenced for the moment, at least, she looked over to find Jeffery already at work—that was one convert—and leaned closer to see what he was up to. "IRS, hmm? Oh, here, if you don't mind..." She pointed, offering directions a few times when he seemed to slow. "We've got a 1980 IRS audit of, I quote, a 'care and housing of children' entity founded in 1948," she informed the room, writing the key details on a new page of her yellow legal pad to tack to the board. "The audit was deemed inconclusive, which I'll point out is not the same thing as innocence. The organization is focused on the adoption of orphans from Eastern Europe, placing them in homes here in the US. Founder and only employee is Yelena Kalamatiano. If there are other employees, they're not being paid legally." She read further, her hand moving almost independently to take neat notes. "The property, though, is supposed to be a hobby dairy farm." The librarian leaned in, pointing at something for Jeffery to inspect more closely. "Odd that the profits wouldn't even pay the property taxes. That's not operating at a loss, that's lying on their tax returns. Whoever completed this audit was an idiot." Once she'd finished her note-taking, she tore off the sheet she'd written on and offered it to Agent Jacob to add to his board.

From the corner of her eye, Agent Joyce saw the soldier-type, Agent Jacques, approach the pink folder. She opened her mouth to recommend against it, but he had it open before she could get a word out. She closed her eyes and sighed. When she looked again, concern etched clearly across her face, she noted something about the open folder that made her focus all her attention in on it, immediately rising from her chair and circling the table to join the soldier. She took a quick look at the folder's contents, but the sudden stillness of the muscular man beside her triggered her overprotective instincts a second later. "May I take that?" she asked politely, her hands already reaching out and trying to close the folder on him, whether it seemed as if he was done looking or not.
Old Jul 31st, 2022, 04:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7641
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Agent Jeffery
right-aligned image

It had been 20 minutes. Where was lunch? The skinny man's stomach growled.

"We've got a 1980 IRS audit of, I quote, a 'care and housing of children' entity founded in 1948."

She wasn't looking, but Jonathan glared at "Ms. British" Agent Joyce. First, he wasn't done yet: the "low and slow" searches were still working. B, he never liked people looking over his shoulder unless it was Rich doing a code review. Three, she had stolen his reveal. What happened to "divide an conquer"?

He put his face back on. Dealing with generals meant he knew how to smile and nod.

"Whoever completed this audit was an idiot."

Ha!

"Or on the take, as mobster films and government contracting has taught me," Jonathan sweetly replied.

Ms. British wanna-be probably heard the subtext.

OOC
Short post, I know. Just wanted to keep the intra-party antagonism going a little bit more so that the final polymerization of us as a team is more dramatic Also, the GM is on vacation, so Cat's Away, the Mice Can Play. Let's give Begon something fun to come home to.

Character Sheet

Last edited by fuerdrake; Aug 2nd, 2022 at 01:05 PM.
Old Aug 2nd, 2022, 02:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy Grouchy
That Was a Mistake
right-aligned image

Kemeny casually opens the folder, noting the bits of blood and fire marks on it. That is the last thing he can remember about the folder. Suddenly, there is darkness. Void. Vaccuum. A powerful sensation drawing him into the blackest darkness he has ever seen. Ever felt. It's like a vacuum of his mind, his body, his entire soul. Everything he is, being drawn into the blackness. It is simultaneously the most amazing thing and the most horrifying thing that has ever happened to him.

Block it out! his mind screams in his voice. The voice of his first platoon sergeant. BLOCK IT OUT! And suddenly, memories of trauma and violence and sorrow flood in to fill this endless void. Every tragedy and trauma Stephen has ever experienced, now rolled into one, and it all still pales in comparison to the blackness drawing him in. To the average man, the things Stephen has seen would break them in half. But it is merely a paper cut to the soul rending assault he is facing now. Even as the visions come faster and faster, nothing seems to fill the void. Rotten corpses, bloated from the sun and seething with maggots. Explosions all around him. Helicopters crashing. His best friend convulsing, his final death throes before he dies in Stephen's arms. Feeling the sinful thrill of gunning down an armed opponent - it was him or me! Watching men chewed apart by crew served weapons from air support - here one moment, the next bloody chunks swirling in the air. The casual indifference to the extinguishment of life itself. Arterial blood from his friend spraying into the air, his friend screaming in mortal agony as Stephen's hands are deep inside his body, trying to seal the artery off to save his life. His life! Kemeny thinks to himself, suddenly rooted back to reality. Slamming the folder shut with a bang, he involuntarily takes a step back from it, looking at it with wide eyes. He then immediately turns to Jacob, a hostile tone in his voice.

"What... the **** was that???"

Last edited by Grouchy; Aug 2nd, 2022 at 02:28 AM.
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 02:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 54982
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Agent Joyce
right-aligned image
Mrs. Dobson had only a moment to return Jeffery's 'sweetly-spoken' comment with a 'sweet', if bland, smile of her own before she was on to the slightly more pressing issue.

Sometimes young people these days...

The momentarily frozen soldier came back to life with quite the attitude, but at least his desire to get away from what he witnessed meant Babs could snatch the folder away from him, holding it closed with both hands as if the contents might bite her if she weren't careful. "Now, young man, that's not entirely necessary, is it?" She had put up with Jacob's foul mouth for long enough that she was fed up with the lot of them swearing, and she briefly turned a reproving look on him as well before paying attention to the problem at hand. "I'm sorry to say, you were warned," she pointed out to Kemeny, removing the folder from his immediate vicinity. "I don't recommend opening this folder," she added belatedly, glancing at the other two who hadn't yet seen. "It's so bad, it's..." Agent Joyce sighed, trying to find the right words to express it. "Your mind tries to dissociate the instant you see it, but it's too busy screaming." That was the best she could do, after all words were not her strong suit. She'd leave that to the writer. "Though it didn't hit me the same way when... Agent Jacques, was it? When he opened it, I guess my mind had already done its screaming."

She started back to her seat, but then realized she would be in Agent Jeffery's peripheral vision if she sat there, and that would likely result in yet another soul-lobotomy attempt. Instead, she picked up her legal pad and pen, then moved to the far end of the conference room table, keeping as much space between herself and the others as possible. "You did say something about lunch, did you not?" Her attention is diverted to Agent Jacob for a moment, trying to distract herself from what she'd determined to do, though her skin had paled somewhat as her instinctive response to the frightening folder, mentally warring with herself against doing something so stupid as opening it again even if she felt it necessary. "Not that I'm particularly eager to eat near this," she tapped the pink kitty folder, "But I wouldn't mind a decent break after I look at it again." Her face isn't just pale, it's almost grey-toned by comparison, though perhaps it's a combination of nausea and fear. "No, let me say that more strongly. If I do this again, I will have to take a break before I'll be of any use to anyone."

The older woman set her hands on either side of the folder, needing to talk herself into the move she planned to make. Shifting in her seat, she lightly tapped her fingers against the table, her short, well-manicured nails only making light contact that barely sharpened the sound. Her right hand reached for the pen lying neatly parallel to the legal pad, and clicked the end to reveal the fine ball-point tip. She wrote 'CORNUCOPIA HOUSE' at the top of the first page, then flipped that up and set her hand to the next. 'SURVEILLANCE' was the heading that made the most sense there.

Click for full size image with easter egg.
OOCFor the record, anything written there that isn't as neat and tidy as the last line is intentional.

Last edited by Aethera; Aug 4th, 2022 at 02:23 PM. Reason: poor word choice, typo
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 09:13 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36835
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
The Green Veteran
left-aligned image

Jacob watched the rest of the new cell and the Pink Kitty folder do the work for him. He watched and looked away when the others engaged, knowing it was costing his colleagues some of their grip on reality. But then, suddenly, they had critical mass. They believed.

Jacob snatched the folder away from the table and put it into a metal briefcase with combination lock clasps. " 'What' that is is something Unnatural. Something trying to manipulate us. Something trying to control us," Jacob had a sudden realization, "and it is working." Jacob, normally cock-sure, was now very conflicted. They had to stop the atrocities of this orphanage. Jacob realized Clove had sprung the trap.

You ****er, Clove! Jacob felt like a worm on a hook. A hook Clove had set. I am going to ****ing kill you for this, you ****ing bitch. Jacob wanted to share, he wanted to trust this team of 'J's,' but if he let them know what Clove had done to them all, then they would not trust him. Then what the **** would he do? What would they do?

Jacob paced back and forth at the end of the heavy **** hotel table. ****, ****, ****, **** , ****!! OK. OK. Get a hold of yourself. You're Mike Hawkins, the ****ing lone survivor of P-Cell. Michael 'Phillip' Hawkins. A bad ass mother ****er. YOU ARE MIKE HAWKINS!

"All right," Jacob said calmly, "we have to get a bit meta on this one. Tough for a bunch of new guys. We need to know what is going on at this place, who is there, what the folder is, and then and only then, will we act. Unregistered guns my ass. Soviet style loyalty ********."

"First rule in Green: 'Don't ****ing trust anyone.'" Jacob laughed. "Not even yourself. Still, we've got to start somewhere. Clove crammed us all into this mess together. Time to neaten it up." Jacob looked at the rest of the team.

"Next steps are up to Washington for the eggheads, including me. The bruisers get us ready for infiltration. Plan lethal and non-lethal. We may think these people need to die, but that might be the Kitty Folder talking. I'm a damn trauma surgeon in real life. I hate ****ing death and guns. Now I feel like I want to kill these damn *******s for sure."

"Who made this damn thing? The Kitty Folder, I mean. Time for some answers. How about we get some answers?"

"Clove tried to pressure me. The op stinks. It really smells bad. So we clean it up. Clove has just become part of the mission too. We need to investigate her. She ****ed us with this Kitty Folder. We need to find out why."

OOCRecommend we split up and do our research based on our expertise. Forensics for Mike/Jacob. We may want a face with the infiltration planning team. Map, surveillance. Tax info and company history, possible target history. Everybody like that plan?

Last edited by Bluejack; Aug 9th, 2022 at 09:23 AM.
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 11:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7641
fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake fuerdrake
Agent Jeffery
right-aligned image

"Agent Jeffery is becoming a bit unhinged. Well, wait, becoming?"

Dr. McCloud smiled at his own silent joke. And then the big reveal which ended the smile.

Delta Green was far more CIA than NSA, that was for sure. He noticed Agent Joyce tense up a bit at all the profanity.

Don't trust anyone. Check! For all he knew, this was still some big loyalty test. So far he hadn't done anything traceably illegal. If anything, he felt he had been rather clever about it, and at most he figured he'd get a "Don't do that again," with a smile, wink, and a voucher for a nice dinner.

Plus, he had his encrypted personal shorthand notes on the situation he had been generating while his code was running. Clove, who had access to low power battery operated listening device. A surgeon who had and experience with 'Tears of Yog-Sothoth'.

Well, a call to action!

"I'm still waiting for my searches to complete, though Agent Joyce did correctly announce the initial findings."

He turned to Agent Joyce. "Good eyes, by the way. I hadn't noticed that yet."

To the group, he pondered. "I didn't think Eastern European adoption was really a thing before `89. Any ideas about that?"

His stomach audibly growled this time, though hunger, if anything, focused his mind.

Agent Jeffery started some new searches, this time routing through several home routers and a university Econ department before accessing the IRS website. This time, his focus was on Yelena Kalamatiano directly, and he was being more direct. Who had founded what exactly when, and was she still alive? The cgi-bin, naturally, had some poorly coded access into the COBOL back end, and he was able to reverse shell into the system. A quick edit of the logs to erase his tracks, and then on to the data dump.

Vlad might be a little mad if he noticed that Jonathan was using one of his "secret" servers for the exfiltration. Or, he might find it interesting.

With EIN and SSN, Agent Jeffery could also run some credit reports through the "Private Investigation" businesses, cross list addresses and bank accounts for the various entities (Families Without Frontiers, Cornucopia House, and Yelena Kalamatiano). They might be a little out of date, but at least he wasn't the one violating the FCRA. $150 from his "secret" consulting company later (if the NSA looked, they would know who did it. Luckily, the NSA and FBI didn't talk much), and he had the reports. Of course, if he did try to access bank records of a US Citizen on US terrority ... that would be more problematic. Wait, was she a US Citizen?

"It will be nice when the onion routing starts working."

His stomach growled again.

"Can I see that listening device you found earlier? Also, what else do you know about this Clove? I can start some searches to see what I might be able to find. And there there is a non-zero possibility that some surveys, maps," Agent Jeffery started counting on his fingers, "historical photos, arial photos, building diagrams, and perhaps even some vague history of the property might be on county or historical society websites, BBS, or Usenet. I can start another crawl, but someone probably will need to go to the County Office. The documents are public, just takes time.

He finally noticed that people were beginning to look at him a little strangely.

OOC

Actions: More actively hacking the IRS database, pulling more detailed info, and getting Credit Reports from 3rd Party sources (did you know that from 1999 to 2016, the cost of those 3rd Party credit reports have gone down from $50 to about $25?)

I'm kind of curious if Date of Birth changed at all during her years of tax records, and if the SSN was issued to a foreign resident or a citizen, although it is entirely possible the SSN would only go back to the mid '80s

Character Sheet

Last edited by fuerdrake; Aug 9th, 2022 at 05:12 PM.
Old Aug 9th, 2022, 12:08 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo Begon Ugo
February 3, 2001
right-aligned image
The insidious nature of the pink kitty cat folder slowly draws the strangers together in a web of nausea and pending violence. Those who have looked within the folder, now wish they hadn’t. But wishing accomplishes nothing… doing nothing will only allow the horrors revealed inside to continue. A slowly boiling cold rage now resides in Jacob’s, Joyce’s, and now Jacques’ chest; an achingly deep pain from which there is no promised deliverance.

Jacob needs access to a forensics unit. He has examined the folder already and is able to identify biological anomalies on the surface. First and most obvious was that some of the blood visible has been applied to the folder at different times. The degradation of the folder under the different markings make this clear. Secondly, Agent Jacob notices what could only be described as black gunk on the folder. This is of a substance unknown to the surgeon.

The nearest forensics unit that could handle a DNA analysis, or more precisely Autosomal Short Tandem Repeat (STR) DNA analysis that would allow for the testing of degraded and/or small biological samples, would be the Forensic Sciences Division of the Maryland State Police. The lab is only a 30 minute drive down MD-26, Liberty Road.

The DNA analysis can take months, but the black organic residue can be studied quickly under the lab's various microscopes which Agent Jacob would know include a Stereoscopic Microscope, Polarized Light Microscope, Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer, Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrophotometer, Microspectrophotometer, and Scanning Electron Microscope with Energy Dispersive Spectrometer.

As for investigating Agent Clove, the only face to face meeting between Agent Jacob and Clove was at a rural gas station off of I-95 the night before.

OocIf there are any clues you want to look further into: let me know. I would highly suggest you pay attention to the clues your fellow agents uncover. You all have varied skill sets and one might build on top of another's.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Aug 9th, 2022 at 12:12 PM.
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 03:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
The Salty Snake Eater
right-aligned image

"Jacques" is starting to get pissed off. There must have been some kind of psychedelic drug or... something... on that stupid folder. Because this "Jacob" fellow is rambling all over the place. One can certainly understand the necessity of tradecraft in a public situation, but this shouldn't be so convoluted.

"Ah'right then, so we work for Delta Green now. Cell J. Checking out this Cornucopia House for weird ****. Whatever youse say, Jacob." Scratching the back of his shaved head in irritation, he continues. "Well, pullin' reconnaissance on the place shouldn't require any serious hardware if this is just intel gathering to start. Plainclothes, dark clothing, spotter scope, a Night optical/observation device, basically a night vision scopeNOD. Get me a M151 spotting scope with the extra goodies and that'll cover that end. I can establish an observation post out there and start tellin' ya who and what is comin' and goin'. Toss in a poncho, case of MREs, canteens, water tablets, all weather notebook, some pens, extra batteries for the NOD, and an M9 Beretta with a few magazines in case trouble comes knockin', and I'm good for a week."
Old Aug 11th, 2022, 06:30 PM
Feeding my addiction...

Tools
User Statistics
February 3, 2001
right-aligned image

Sorting through the information that Agent Jacob has brought with him, Jacques notices a glossy postcard advertisement for the West Friendship Gun Show being held at the Howard County Fairgrounds. Plastered on the postcard is a picture of a Barrett M95 sniper rifle while the reverse details the basic information concerning the show.

Also paper-clipped to the postcard is the name Kyle Chapman.

Agent Jeffery’s search turns to Yelena Kalamatiano. He finds that, yes, she is very much still alive, 76 years old at the moment. The name also comes up in regards to a Los Angeles Times article dating from before World War II. Apparently someone with the same name was suspected in a series of kidnappings in Los Angeles. The article is short, mentioning the FBI was investigating the disappearance. Looking further finds no follow up information.

Last edited by Begon Ugo; Aug 11th, 2022 at 06:31 PM.