OOC The Whistling Poke - Player OOC & Socializing - Page 11 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Hall of Fame > Hall of Fame Games > Previous Inductees > 2022 > Reluctant Heroes
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 9th, 2018, 03:52 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3270
Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor Hextor
wait... What is your life and what news are you watching?

It's all about perception... and I rolled a 20...
Old Sep 9th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
...Gibbon doesn't care if the drow dies.
What a monster...

How much EXP do I get if I kill Gibbon?
Old Sep 9th, 2018, 05:18 PM
Procrastinator

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6376
Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon
None, this isn't one of yer PvP games! At least....I don't think it is...or is it...hmm...

Fair to say it is quite tricky sometimes switching from Critias in one thread to Jol in the other, they are a little different in their mindsets

Last edited by Gibbon; Sep 9th, 2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old Sep 9th, 2018, 07:20 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
It's NOT?

...didn't see a "don't kill you're fellow player" warning...

Old Sep 10th, 2018, 02:28 PM
Procrastinator

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6376
Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon Gibbon
Uh....um...you may have a point...although I feel there should be some sort of generic law against this sort of thing. Wait, I think there is! At least in this country! Anyway, you'll have to find me first
Old Sep 10th, 2018, 11:32 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Pretty sure there's no country on earth deterring PvP on the internet.

Although that would make some of my campaigns more efficient... especially when those griefers chase me down...
Old Sep 14th, 2018, 02:23 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Unicorn
Hextor, my life is special.

Let's just say I'm a very special product of the UN and Geneva University Online.

They gave me the special ability only as a child to write history before it happens. So when I see it acted out on TV and in real life, I find it very life-affirming and reassuring as to what I'm meant to become.

I was chosen because my parents told me I was a direct relation to Albert Einstein. I later found out that it was by 'marriage only' and that his genius didn't pass to me. But I was determined to make good on my word to do my best by those that put all the work into my creation.

You see after I agreed, and was able to prove that I was a relation to Einstein. My teachers turned me into a living incarnation of JFK and Malcolm X. My mission in life is to bridge the two conflicting personalities. To explain this better: each child from the age of 3 onward until the age of 11 becomes a personality mirror to those they are most exposed too. An uncle, a loving and compassionate mother, an abusive father, and so on. So they innundated me with Malcolm X and JFK for two years I was saturated in learning the best virtues of both men. But I was lacking compassion and other special features so I went on a personal quest online to find other people to meet and learn to emulate. One of those people was Stevie Wonder's very compassionate mother. I suppose in some ways I diluted what I myself was meant to be by doing so. But I thought it was a very important mission to find compassion, because compassion is the connection between people, and I hoped to build that bridge.

My previous boyfriend told me it was impossible and it was the start of many arguements between us. Ultimately... he had to go.

Now I have a convicted criminal on parole for a lover. But I also wrote his history, so I am obligated to abide by the rules and be his lover.

Without rules it would all be chaos, which is what I thought at first, when I first started remembering but now I'm seeing how it all plays out. I just needed to be shown the lit path as it were.

My nickname is 'Atlas' and yes I hold the entire world upon my shoulders. Metallica has songs about me, they have one of my journals so their plopping my notes all over the music videos

At the moment I'm just tracking down my notes. I knew they wouldn't survive childhood with the way my parents were the more I told them about myself and what I was doing the more they became disbelievers and stopped supporting my efforts, even though they initially believed me and signed their names to get me into the program. So I sent my notes to several different people, scattered them and prayed they would be there for me... and luckily my notes survived.

You see I used my ability to write the future, to prove to the holders of the notes that they were holding the future of the world in their hands, and I sent them to good people.
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 05:41 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
...I hope you're going to share whatever it is that you are smoking...
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 08:08 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18960
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
ArcaneJazz has left the game for now due to RL issues. She plans to return and when she does will resume with her characters somewhere along the storyline. In the meantime, Hextor will be on his own for the moment. I am going to start looking for a two or three more players, but I am not going to put out another add at this time.
Old Sep 15th, 2018, 11:35 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Well I hope everything turns out well. Has happened to me a few times, so I understand.

I'll make sure to keep the thread interesting for you haha.
Old Sep 18th, 2018, 05:31 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1807
ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart ColorsOfTheHeart
Sorry I've been MIA. I just finished up with a family wedding. It wasn't mine but it was still a really busy time. And with fifteen people, including a one year old and a pregnant lady, sharing a house there wasn't exactly any chance to write. Everytime I tried somebody else needed something.
Old Sep 20th, 2018, 01:57 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Hi ColorsOfTheHeart, I know how that goes when you have a house full of people....the simplest of things become seemingly more challenging than necessary...it is good to have you back.
Old Sep 28th, 2018, 09:55 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
What is the distance between Oswald (and his group) and the orc?
Old Sep 29th, 2018, 02:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry about that Hextor, there was a whole paragraph or two I forgot to paste in. I often write posts or drafts of post while I am at work, (so terrible of me)then cut and paste them for posting later. It could have been the lateness of the hour, the gaggle of girls running about the house(my daughter had friends over for a sleepover)or just me not paying attention. Take your pick....anyway the orcs Oswald is directly confronting are about twenty yards away, the foot of the hill is another ten yards making the foot of the hill thirty yards from Oswald and the top is twenty yards uphill making the top fifty yards from Oswald and his group. Hope that helps.
Old Sep 30th, 2018, 09:35 PM
Evily Adorable
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
Gaggles are the worst. it's ok, there. I've found myself in that hour. If we are 50 yrds, it wouldn't a charge -mechanically speaking- from the orcs. Or even 20yrds. (That's 60ft.)

Numbers being they are what they are; charge is a full round action allowing double your land speed. This DOES leave myself with 60ft. It leaves nothing left over. Can I do a double round or roll for initiative?

Otherwise I am am going to kill everything.