Game Thread Chapter 1: For the Sake of Hate - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of The Elder Evils
twitter facebook
0 7 4 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old 08-24-2017, 09:39 AM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is online now
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 27951
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,993
"Yes, we need to go back and help with the fires before the entire town burns" Val said to the others. There was so much she was confused about right now; the mystery rider, Alexis sudden return and his leaving WITH the Wolves... That needed some explanation.

But for now, the fires were a priority so Val began to head back to town.

OOCApologies for a short post. In the Hospital.


 

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
On a brief Hiatus starting 11/5/19

Last edited by Digorig; 08-24-2017 at 09:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 08-28-2017, 12:43 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 28433
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,703
Hell burning over

So after a somewhat awkward reunion, the group, some more reluctant than others, decide to return to do what they can for the city that they set ablaze during their struggle with the Black Wolves. They traveled in an strange silence as they made their way through the woods. As they approached the city, the silence was broken by the fire as it roared like a wild animal itself as it consumed the town and soon the cries of those in need as well as the frantic shouts of those responders trying desperately to gain control over the elemental force of the flames. The party was unprepared as they came to the edge of the town and gaze upon the sheer awesome power of the fire... the heat radiating an invisible wave of power that washed over all that beheld it. Transposed on this backdrop was the pandemonium and chaos of panicking people and desperate garrison as they tried to control the flames. Scattered were the victims of the fire... some moving and some not... their screams adding to the cacophony of chaos.

Even with the power possessed by the group, they seemed insignificant compared to the daunting inferno. After all what good was a sturdy blade, strength of arm, and magical might would do against the raw elemental force of the fire? After all, you couldn't kill a fire... could you? Regardless, there appears to be no shortage of places where the heroes could help. It was just a matter of picking or deciding what.

Kallev amid this chaos senses that her box was moving...

In a place not too far away... Mirianna. Mirianna slipped past the guards of the manor without too much difficulty. She was by no means was the most stealthy individual, but whatever was going on outside was of a higher priority than keeping an eye on her. While keeping low profile, Mirianna comes upon an unattended crossbow and a quiver of bolts on her way out of the manor. It was then that she saw it... the fire. Even though she could tell that the fire was some distance away, Mirianna could tell that the blaze was huge and there were movement of panicked and frantic people on the periphery. As Mirianna looked to shadowy night of the woods, the eerie warning in her mind echoed as she looked into the stygian darkness of the night.

"...the dark monsters that lurk within the shadows reach out to feast upon you..."

While the flames were no place any sane soul would normally go, running into the night into the woods was an equally, if not more, unappealing prospective. The voice in her mind only made it more so.

"...run girl... run...."


OODM: Apologize for the tardiness of the post... lots of unexpected social obligations sprung up this week and just getting beyond the mobile monitoring just now. Catching up with this game first!

 


I have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 08-29-2017, 08:59 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 19309
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,565
Kallev LittletonKallev continued to aid the people in her own way. Moving in the direction of her music box, she kept a safe distance from the burning buildings. Until she heard a baby crying, the poor things screams echoed in her ears. She knew deep down she must save the child no matter what. But then the sounds began sounding choppy as it was apparent the baby was beginning to choke and suffocate. Then she heard the mothers scream, My baby, my baby. Someone please help me...

Kallev looked into the burning flames and could see the open doorway surrounded by fire. She knew going in would be hot, so she used her abilities to soil all her clothing with sweet smelling water, making them all damp. Then she took a step forward as she activated her "Aura of Purity", causing the smoke to move away from her, keeping her surrounded with clean air as she moved in.

Luckily for Kallev, the baby was just inside the doorway, covered in thick smoke, which quickly dispersed as she stepped near. Reaching down she picked up the baby and brought her back to her mother, while using her healing abilities to heal all of the babies burns it suffered, leaving its skin soft and pure once again.

Kallev knew they feared magic, but hopefully they can see how it can also help. Instead, she just smiled at the mother and gave her a nod, expecting nothing in return as she continued moving thru town, helping where she could.

OOC: Kallev will use her AVG HP healing: 13healing hex on all people who are wounded that she comes across. (which could be 100+) thats ok, its just shes limited to using it 1/d on that person - lol quick, heal the army and march them out again!

 

Last edited by kaylara; 08-30-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 08-31-2017, 01:35 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 13166
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,554
Raven
left-aligned image
The fires were just as fearsome as they had been earlier if not more so up close and in person, Raven began subconsciously rubbing her arms as if in some act of self-soothing but couldn't help but feel that this was really beyond their abilities to control in any fashion. She could apply water to any small fires to put them out or help prevent existing fires from spreading but the existing flames were simply to entrenched to be stopped easily from fully devouring the buildings that were engulfed. She offered mundane healing where she could, knowing her divine healing gifts would be expended too quickly to be of real use and left such to Kallev who seemed to have other tricks up her sleeve and basically followed Kallev.

"There is little we can do against the largest areas of the fire but every life we can save or new fire we can halt has value, and hopefully come the dawn the worst of it will have subsided and then the task of rebuilding will be upon these people."


 
__________________
Posting Status: New laptop has arrived posting to resume as scheduled....
Life Update - Dec 6th: Ugh Snowĺ
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 09-02-2017, 03:28 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is online now
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 27951
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,993
Getting back to the town, Val could not hold back the tears. It was...utter chaos. People were everywhere, helping, hurting and hiding. Trying to set aside her profound feelings was difficult, but Val knew she had to help. Kallev was off to tend to the injured and mayhaps Val should also, but the fires had to be stopped before it got worse.

Finding a shovel or spade, the Cleric began to help dig and throw dirt between one end of the fire, trying to stop it from spreading. She used her ability to create water as she dug, keeping the fire from jumping to yet another structure.
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
On a brief Hiatus starting 11/5/19
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 09-03-2017, 04:15 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
Fire, Fire, Burning Bright
Burn. Let it burn.

Alexis is accustomed to the proximity of fire, of burning, of destruction. He has become so accustomed to it on a personal level that he can not comprehend it on any scale of empathy. Of course, unlike many of the townsfolk, Alexis is not watching his home burn to the ground. Not that he even has a home for that to be a possibility.

So it is that when he actually begins to help with the situation, it is more of out a curious amusement to see if anything can be done about the burning feast of an inferno. It isn't a beast to slay-- it isn't even an elemental, by all accounts-- robbing Alexis of any actual desire to deal with the "natural" event. But if his friends are so desperate to try and help, well, then Alexis might as well help, too.

However, he is keen to recall events of the past as well as words of warning-- it would make sense if they were lies told through false, blunted teeth, but Alexis sees how those lies are very easily truths. When push inevitably comes to shove, Alexis is quite sure which side of the fence he is going to land on-- and what happens here, now (or at least its immediate aftermath) is probably a much more meaningful moment to Alexis than he thinks possible.

But, he helps. Proving himself as little more than unskilled labor, Alexis stays close to his friends, Aid Another with other PCsassisting them with whatever it is that they need doing. He is silent and unusually pensive, but tries his best to help out where helping is needed.
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 09-05-2017, 12:44 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 28433
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,703
Hell hath no fury...

The unlikely band of heroes, in spite of the likeliness that the town may not be welcoming to them, returned to the fiery inferno of the town and proceeded to help in any way they could. Kallev with Raven in tow made her way through the town and saving those that she could and administering healing hexes to those that she could. Soon it became apparent that there were so many to save... so many to heal... there was no humanly way that Kallev could reach and heal all of them at least not from the way she was administering her aid. Raven with her knowledge of healing, applied it in another way. Instead of calling upon divine powers, she organized and triaged those injured that came in and there was no shortage of that. With Raven running the triage, she helped to direct the wounded into groups by severity of injury and allowed for Kallev to work on and save those who were most gravely injured first. However many that Kallev saved, there were just as many that were beyond even the healing powers that graced her. As resolute as her heart and endurance was, she was only one woman and she could only save so many... Kallev looked upon the bodies of those that had passed or were beyond even her help as they died in front of her eyes. Kallev felt her box moving... away... but she had no choice... or did she? Kallev could leave the injured to their fate... she could not save them all anyway, so what was the point? If she stayed here any longer then the box and her powers may be gone and then what good would she be? Kallev did not owe these people anything...

Val resorted to more conventional means of helping by taking up a shovel and throwing dirt on top the flames in order to drown them out. Supplemented by her ability to produce water on demand, Val was able to make a very effective break. Additionally, with her efforts and coordination of those townspeople around her, Val was able to organize and effect buttress against the flames and even began to slowly gain ground against the fire, but it was long hard work... while Val's commitment to protect the innocent was unwavering would that of her companions be the same?

Even Alexis comes to Val's aid, though the talkative shifter is unusually non-hyper verbal during the efforts. Even amid the very real threat of the flames, the townspeople still gave the shifter a wide berth, even as he assisted Val with his brute strength, as he chopped down burning timbers and helped to stamp out fires to keep them contained. There seems to be no end to the flames... a terrible and voracious monster that seeks out any fuel to consume and reduce to ash. They begin to gain ground... surely, but most definitely, slowly.

In a place not too far away... Mirianna.

"...the dark monsters that lurk within the shadows reach out to feast upon you..."

While the flames were no place any sane soul would normally go, running into the night into the woods was an equally, if not more, unappealing prospective. The voice in her mind only made it more so.

"...run girl... run...."

Even as the voice echoed in her mind, Mirianna could feel the presence of someone... or something... coming closer to her. Something that was seeking her... and her precious music box. Wherever she would go, she would have to go in the opposite direction. Whatever it was, Mirianna felt it coming closer... ever so closer...


OODM: Onward!

 


I have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 09-06-2017, 12:32 PM
Digorig's Avatar
Digorig Digorig is online now
Killing PC's Since 2005
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 27951
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Posts: 23,993
left-aligned image
Fire; that all consuming element of destruction. It nearly surrounded the Cleric as she worked moving another element; earth. In fact all four elements came to bear in this. The water she used to cool and the air that helped the fire spread. Until Val had finally gotten the edge of the flames subdued, her focus had been singular. But now she finally looked up from the end of her spade. Around her, others from the town were working. Some stared at her. A few had slight smiles, their face saying thank you.

But not all. And several either seemed to avoid eye contact with the Cleric or even grimace at her.Those were the ones- Val thought – that rightfully blamed her for this disaster. And they were right. Even though Val did not strike the tinder-twig herself, their presence directly caused this entire horrific catastrophe.

Trying to ignore the scowls, Val looked about. She saw that while Alexis was involved in helping as well that Kallev and Raven were working to help the injured. And there were far too many of them. Judas however, was conspicuous by his absence. Where had the inquisitor gotten off to?

Moving back away from her current spot, Val seemed confident that the fire would not expand that direction. So the Cleric went to another are that was threatening and began again to dig, to throw earth and to use water tostop the spread in another direction. If this could be done around the entirety of the fire, it would then go out on its own and lives would be saved. Just as she began to throw the first shovel load of dirt, Val had a thought. She reached into her pack and withdrew a small Potion of Bull's Strength.vial of blue-tinted liquid and quaffed it. At once she felt stronger and began to dig with a newfound effectiveness.

 

 
__________________
New Here? Try a New Player Solo Game Systems available are 3.5e, PF, 4e, 5e & 13th age.
Will you swear it? Take the Oath Here.
On a brief Hiatus starting 11/5/19

Last edited by Digorig; 09-06-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 09-06-2017, 10:24 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 19309
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,565
Kallev LittletonKallev could feel her magic waning without her music box. However, she couldn't just selfishly turn away these poor people who needed help. Things were getting worse as many of the people she healed, called her a witch and believed that because she healed them, they would be cursed. If it wasn't for the confusion and fire, a mob just might have easily formed and began beating on her.

Knowing that she shouldn't save them all, didn't mean she couldn't try. So at the risk of losing her magic, she held on to the glimmer of goodness within her and continued to aid the people, regardless of the consequences.

 

Last edited by kaylara; 09-06-2017 at 10:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 09-06-2017, 10:57 PM
OneDarkness's Avatar
OneDarkness OneDarkness is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 13166
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Posts: 8,554
Raven
left-aligned image
Raven didn't need to be reminded about how closed these people were to outside influences or even things beyond their comprehension, someone like Kallev and her mystical healing arts could just as easily be burned at the stake as thanked for her efforts. She did her best to bandage and cover wounds with Kallev's assistance so that the healing could be applied but not be quite as apparent, it was safer that way especially since there was no sign of the inquisitor to calm the mob if things got out of hand. Raven didn't feel that this was their fault for the black wolves would have come this way whether they had come or not, and its possible they could have done the same or worse even without their party attempting to intercede, but she kept her thoughts to herself for the time being.

Tightening another bunch of material around a bleeding wound, she indicated to Kallev that some well wishing was in order as well, before moving on to the next in need of assistance. "That should keep the worst of the bleeding at bay, leave that press on for the day just to make sure it heals as expected but it wasn't as bad as it first looked. Be safe friend."


 
__________________
Posting Status: New laptop has arrived posting to resume as scheduled....
Life Update - Dec 6th: Ugh Snowĺ
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 09-07-2017, 01:57 AM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
When in Doubt
It has been a long night for Alexis. He has run, and played, and talked, and probably been lied to by at least one group or another. He is now standing in front of a burning fire, wondering what the point of the matter is. Everyone is fighting for something. Maybe even a someone. He hasn't stopped to ask his friends why they are so determined to stop this fire.

Those who live here, at least, are trying very hard to keep what they own. Good for them.

Alexis also knows what the Wolves fight for. A curious piece of knowledge, assuming its veracity.

So why is he standing here, doing things that don't make sense?

Alexis is Alexis! Alexis does things that don't require sense, yes! Which leaves Alexis with nothing even close to an idea! Nothing at all! Except a massive fire in front of him! He can't stab it! But it still eats people, yes! Alexis is no hero, Alexis is just Alexis, and damned be anything that says otherwise!

So with little to no heed for this despicable thing called "safety" Alexis throws all caution to the winds, and dashes into the burning building(s), intent on robbing the flame of anything consumable, with the greatest emphasis on things still living. There are worse ways to die, after all, especially when one considers such a blaze as a beast all its own.
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 09-10-2017, 12:55 AM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 28433
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,703
Hell hath no fury...

The unlikely band of heroes in their own way helped to control the fire and to mitigate for destruction and misery that it inflicted upon the township. Val's valiant and coordination turned the tide in the area that she was assisting in. Her relatively human appearance eased the tension and paranoia at her otherworldly feature for the moment as those by her gave way together and manage to to stop the relentless advance of the inferno. Her ability to generate water and just some good old fashioned elbow grease augmented by magical power allowed her to establish the break. Soon her section was contained and the fire began to recede as if content to burn out just out of sight of line of people that had formed.

It was Alexis... simple Alexis whose way of helping was the most unorthodox as he rushed in, seemingly suicidal, in his usual direct manner and directly met the fire. Literally. Heedless of the dangers, the shifter plunged into the fire and brought out trapped victim after victim. Returning back into the fire as if were handling routine daily business, unaware or more likely uncaring, of those that would point at him as he emerged briefly before plunging back into the fire. All of these people Alexis brought to the triage point that Raven had set up. There was obviously, no shortage of work.

Kallev administered her healing magics to those artfully triaged by Raven and through Raven's assurances, the grumblings of magic and curse faded and people were grateful to be healed. The number of those administered and saved were no small number and many of them also seemed genuinely grateful for the aid, regardless.

right-aligned image
Their efforts had saved many who were near death... many, but not all, unfortunately. The work of containing the fire and rescue had taken most of the night and strength of the heroes as they and the people of Hofstra finally brought the fire under control as the midday sun peaked over them. While some still shunned them, some had also came to the heroes as they rested to thank for saving their lives and the lives of their loved ones, many who were alive now primarily due to their efforts. As they rested, the companions did look upon the devastation and the charred black remains of the town. For those that were looking and/or sharp of eye, they could see the burnt remains of limbs protruding rudely from the ashes... and the sounds of wailing as those that were lost were found among the ashes.

It was amid this scene that a familiar face emerged from the crowd. It was the grim face of Judas Luris, the Queen's inquisitor. Behind him several men dressed in soldier's livery followed. He stopped and looked upon those he would have recruited to find the source of the unholy murders that have plagued this town... they had been integral in the efforts to save the town and they seemed goodly folk, well most of them did, but there was no place for feelings in the service of the law... when the law demanded, it was his duty to act.

Justice must be served.

"Kallev Littleton, by the authority granted to me by her Majesty, the Queen, for your unsanctioned use of magic resulting in the destruction and death wrought upon this township, you hereby bound by law to face trial for your crimes." Count Luris announced with practiced authority as he pronounced the writ for Kallev's arrest. "Submit yourself to the graces of the law and the court of these lands. Immediately."

Luris looked upon with cold hard eyes as his hands rested upon his black blade that those sensitive to magic would be able to sense the power which radiated from within.

OODM: Onward!

 


I have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 09-10-2017, 02:34 PM
GeoAvanti's Avatar
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti is offline
Werewolf of London
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 08-20-2019
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
Posts: 5,873
Swinging for the FencesAlexis wishes he wasn't surprised by this turn of events. He certainly doesn't know that Kallev did indeed start the fire, but he was told-- quite repeatedly-- to expect betrayal, and what else could this be if not that very thing? It seems that everything done by these humans leads more and more credance to the thoughts and actions of the Wolves. Alexis is becoming more disappointed by the situation with every new revelation. Who exactly is he supposed to be fighting?

Well, at the very least, Alexis has an immediate threat to focus on. Alexis won't hesitate to do precisely what needs doing, but he also understands advantages and basic tactics. He's tired, hungry, crotchety, and in a poor position to give a full and proper fight against presumably well-trained soldiers. Which means that he isn't terribly keen on having to make a fight out of this little encounter if it can be helped. But that doesn't mean that he can't still try to force his own terms onto the situation.

"Alexis asks if these lands are 'law-civil' enough to know-use trial-by-combat."

Well, that is expectantly blunt of Alexis. The look he throws Kallev after asking his question says plenty: if this country does recognize and honour such trials, then he damn well expects to be involved in that matter. If not? Well, then he'll probably end up following her lead.
__________________
Not dead. Which is a significant improvement over how I've felt for the past two months. Nurgle is a . . . very unpleasant fellow.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 09-10-2017, 04:31 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 19309
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 18,565
Kallev LittletonKallev takes a step behind Alexis as her Hex: Flight (Supernatural Ability) no audio or visual effect to detect casting since it is not a "Spell-like ability", which references something else.

You can't use Spellcraft to notice a supernatural ability, because the user isn't using any verbal or somatic components and you therefore can't "see the spell as it is being cast". Even if someone was concentrating on detect magic, she always radiates magic from item effects on her and usually has at lease 1 spell up to keep her clean and smelling nice.
innate powers made her lighter and placing him between the two groups. Preventing Juris or his men to reach her w/o going thru Alexis first. She couldn't believe he would turn his back on the truth and justice he was part of and witnessed first hand. Instead he's trying to pin things on her and using things the people here feared. There was no hope of a fair trial, not in this area, not with his betrayal to them.

So say's the man who personally took part in a battle and stood next to to where the fire started. He who allowed it to grow and did nothing as I was knocked out and unable to use my magic to stop it. You, who claim to be in her majesty service dare accuse me of using magic in the city. You are the one who ran away like a coward, neglecting to stop it when you could prevent the disaster. He who serves himself so they can abuse powers under the guise of the queen.

Yes, I used my magics to protect and heal this city without permission for I do not need permission because of who I am, I have diplomatic immunity. Just ask the 100's of people we saved without you. In any case, I would never submit to anyone for doing what is right. Especially, if it involved submitting to a corrupt official like yourself.
Kallev commented out-load as the people gathered around the heroes stood up in there defense. It was obvious Juris knew he would have to work thru 100's of people defending them and even more political issues if he were to do anything but back down.

She the covered her mouth and whispers something to Alexis. She then looked back up at Juris, You and your men disperse now, before you cause even more harm. commanding him as she has authority to do.

 

Last edited by kaylara; 09-10-2017 at 04:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 09-10-2017, 05:46 PM
Xian's Avatar
Xian Xian is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: 12-13-2019
RPXP: 28433
Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian Xian
Posts: 10,703
Hell hath no fury...
Quote:
She then looked back up at Juris, "You and your men disperse now, before you cause even more harm. "
right-aligned image
"You presume much. You have no authority here, Kallev Littleton." Count Luris replies stone-faced and the unflinching countenance of the men behind attests to as much. "You may have authority in your lands, but in Dementlieu, it means nothing. Even had you diplomatic status with proper writs, it is not sufficient to override a Royal Inquisitor. As for where I was after the fight... I and efforts of fine men like those behind me are likely the only reason that a part of Hofstra even remained for you come and assist."

"And yes, I was there... I was there to witness...and feel... the unleashing of unsanctioned arcane magic by you that started this entire conflagration that has consumed over half of this township." Count Luris said as he narrowed his eyes as Kallev retreated behind Alexis. "Do you now deny it?"

"As for the rest of you, the township is grateful for your assistance in your help in repairing the damage that your companion inflicted with her irresponsible use of magic and at this time only she is bound by law to answer for her actions that resulted in... this." Count Luris says as he motioned to the devastated town behind him. "However, if you interfere with a Royal Inquisitor in the execution of his assigned duties, then you too will be bound by law and punished according to the laws of Demenitleau."

"So, I ask again, do you deny these charges against you? Do you deny that you unleashed the magic that started this fire... the inferno that has destroyed over half of this township and the livelihood of those within it?"

OODM: Onward!

 


I have included a map of Hofstra on G-Drive here. A you go through your investigation and you want to add "push pins" and other notes in the form of comments you can and you can also designate where the party is doing and I can time skip you to that location. The Duke's mansion where you are all staying at is Push Pin 1.
__________________
Posting Status: Hospitalized... Posting impacted.
DM:The Forsaken Plane: The Plane of Elder Evils
"The only way to do the impossible is to believe that they are possible."
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Xian; 09-10-2017 at 05:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2019, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB