RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 11th, 2018, 12:32 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8658
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 12:34 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34202
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar MoonZar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wodine View Post
Hey Moonzie,

I have only two sections left of the app and I've some questions:

"Why your character think the empress noticed him? One of his quality? Something he did before? How your character feel about the trials? Does he want to be part of it, or he was forced to comply?"

Is this supposed to be from player Point of ViewPoV? I can't imagine Rene having any idea as to why the Empress would notice him.

Also for PC relationships, so far all the PCs are from hundreds of leagues away, I'm not sure Rene would know any of them other than perhaps by name. - How should I handle this?
@EVERYBODY: I have clarified this point about the PCs relationships, as part of the application format.

10.PCs relationships (5 PCs minimum): Imagine that all the applicant's characters are invited to an imperial ball. What would your character first impression of them be? You can assume they know a bit of their history and background that you can read in the applications. Consider that all applicants are part of the world. You can collaborate with the other players on that if you want a more in depth relationship between your characters in the world. Characters not chosen will become NPCs in the world.

That's one of the parts I find the most interesting to see what kind of chemistry I can get going by forming that party, so don't underestimate the importance of that. Please choose at least 5 PCs you want to talk about, more if you have the time.

Thank you!
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 12:50 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
@JReid: You are up to a great start, may I ask that you resize that image to about 400-500 pixel large max? This is too big mate.
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 01:00 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Forgot to ask. Guys RPXP donations are much appreciated. I also encourage all of you to reward come of those great applications, I will.

Last edited by MoonZar; Jul 11th, 2018 at 01:00 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Sebastian
Appearance & Personality
left-aligned image
Lord Sebastian
Lord of Horse and Hunt
For the good of all I know, I must leave Patrenia and take action far from there. The Forest has been a second home and now I leave Court and continue the Hunt.

Race: Human Sex: Male Class: HunterAge: 22 Height: 6'2" Weight:220

Always a little too scruffy for Court, and dressed to finely for the fields, yet Sebastian finds himself at home wherever he is. He exudes a raw maleness that makes women want him, men want to be him, and (almost) all desire to befriend him. Despite his rugged good looks he never comes across as a threat to man or woman, noble or commoner. Unless, at the last moment, he does intend them harm. This has been most uncommon, at least until he was kidnapped on his way to the Imperial Capital
Background

Other Details

Posting Rate/Availability: Available to post at least twice a day, morning and evening, Mountain Time US. Currently in Central Time Zone until mid August.

Six years ago

Re NPCs:
Princess Cleopatra Cornoya
left-aligned image
Name:Princess Cleopatra Cornoya

Sebastian has made certain she is trained to sword and bow, but magic and diplomacy are her natural strengths. Ignored by her brother Alexander, she has adored her adoptive brother Sebastian who has cared about her when others did not. Many care about her, but Bast cares for her. In public she never strays from propriety, but, goading Bast into adventures, a disguised Royal Princess can find many kinds of mischief. There are precious few who even suspect such things of her. Any who might consider the possibility, would expect Sebastian to be at her side.

[/B]
Baroness Alexandra Trevelyan
left-aligned image
Name:Baroness Alexandra Trevelyan
Occupation: Baroness of Trevel (A small but wealthy estate on the outskirts of the Imperial Capital, known for breeding of warhorses.)

A Baroness known more for her presence at Court than for running her own estates, Alexandra Trevelyan, although not a power on her own, is known as one to please if you would be successful at the Imperial Court. Always a Fashion icon, even as she ages, she is one who is to be made friendly with. The Empress herself does not make friendly with anyone, so the Baroness, her informal social secretary is important to impress.

Sebastian has often been seen in her presence, though perhaps this is just because he is a likable fellow who has not found anyone to actively dislike him. As Sebastian's birth parentage is not know to many, some have determined that the Baroness is his actual birth Mother and that she used her influence on the Empress and Queen Elza to have her love child adopted by the Queen. Although speculated upon, it seems no one has been able to confirm such a rumor. Those who have proposed it have mysteriously lost influence and position in the Court.

Re PCs

Recent EventsRecent events. A few of the more knowledgeable sorts, and those impressed into action by the Lord of Horse and Hunt know that something was afoot. Lord Sebastian has been missing from Court under a cloud of mystery. The cloud is starting to lift. Sebastian has been in Dogma and in the Forests of Atheyna near Liberty.
A nest of Rebels needed to be hunted down. This was completed quickly, quietly and completely.
Lord Sebastian figured that, this having been accomplished, it was time to return to a more sedate life at the Capital. On the way back, at a place no one should have been able to find him, he received a message informing him of the Empress helena's death and summoning him back to Court as one of a group of Heirs. Heir? She probably left him a nice rapier and perhaps a nice Public House in the Countryside. The Hunter had become the Hunted. In an entirely untenable change of circumstance Sebastian found himself, drugged, bagged, in chains, and aboard a ship. The last was the worst of all. His companion was nowhere to be found.
Not a good week.

Last edited by Maghnuis; Jul 27th, 2018 at 12:18 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
@Maghnuis: Can you please change her first name? Elizabeth Trevelyan. This is the name of one of my PC and similar as Elza, this get me confused like Taichi and Toshi lol...

Last edited by MoonZar; Jul 11th, 2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
@Maghnuis

Last edited by MoonZar; Jul 11th, 2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonZar View Post
@Maghnuis: Can you please change her first name? Elizabeth Trevelyan. This is the name of one of my PC and similar as Elza, this get me confused like Taichi and Toshi lol...
No problem...
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 05:43 PM
DAGRON

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7189
Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A Exhibit A
Still very much a WIP, but I'd love to hear what you think about the basics.

left-aligned image

Name: Elaria Dunulaan
Class: Paladin of Eryka
Race: Elf (White elf)

Physical description: Elaria is best described as “statuesque.” She is undeniably beautiful, but she also has a severity about her, a rigidness that makes her seem less approachable. She keeps her blonde hair woven into braids, tightly enough that even after a rough battle it’s unusual for even a single strand to be out of place.

Personality: Elaria is kind and compassionate almost to a fault, but somewhat lacking in empathy. Although she always seeks to do what is right and not bring pain to others, she can often be oblivious to the feelings of those around her unless they are spelled out for her. She can also be quite stubborn, and it is very difficult to turn her from a course once she has determined it is the correct one.

Parents: The elder Dunulaans are oddities in Selarya, a pair of elven nobles. Elaria’s father, Sebarial, fought against his own people in the last war, and was given a barony in recognition of his service to the crown. Now retired, he and his wife spend their time on their estate in the country, while Elaria and her brother Nadrial spend most of their time in the capital, attending to the family’s various business interests and occasionally attending the empress’s court. Owing to their family’s status, the siblings are often casually referred to as “Baron” and “Baroness,” although the actual titles are held by their parents.

The Trials: Elaria was shocked at the news that she had been named as a potential heir to the Empress. Not that she doesn’t feel she is worthy of the honor, but who would have even considered the idea of an elf taking the imperial throne? She knows that she must have made quite an impression on Helena to even be considered. That much wasn’t surprising to her, as she had known the empress for quite a long time (by human reckoning, anyway), and had fought boldly against the rebels after the empire’s founding and again against the planar invaders in Armadya a year ago. In addition, Elaria has always made an effort to be fair and upright in all her dealings. Her best guess is the the Empress noticed all this and considered her a good enough choice to overlook the issues her heritage may cause. Despite her initial surprise, she fully believes she is capable of whatever tasks lie ahead, and is eager to prove herself.

NPC Relationships:

PC relationships:

Background: Things weren’t always easy for the Dunulaans. Living as elves in a country that had been warring with the elves on and off for the past few millenia carried with it a distinct set of challenges, especially for someone, like Sebarial, trying to establish himself as a merchant. It took time and a good deal of skill, but eventually he and his wife achieved the success they had been striving for, and their merchant empire became the envy of many. Wealth smoothed over a lot of the rough patches in dealing with some of the less than tolerant humans. Elf or not, once you have money people are much more likely to accept you.

It was into this environment that Elaria was born; wealthy and accepted, but always keenly aware that she and her family weren’t completely welcome. She bore it as her father always had, confident that her loyalty to the crown and to Eryka would overshadow her race, at least in the eyes of those who mattered. 75 years ago, when yet another war against the elves began, Sebarial felt it was his duty to fight. He had always felt a sort of responsibility for the heinous acts of his kinsmen, and wanted to prove his loyalty to any who questioned it. Elaria begged her father to let her accompany him, but as she was only 85 at the time, still an adolescent by elf standards, he said she was too young and wouldn’t allow it. While her father fought in a distant war, she practiced constantly, honing her skills so she would be able to fight when her time came.

Sebarial acquitted himself well in the war, and in return was granted a barony. This marked a drastic shift in the fortunes of the family. They had long been wealthy, but the addition of a title brought with it a measure of respect from all but the most vehement elf-haters. Their respectable townhouse in the capital was replaced by a spacious estate in the countryside, and the family’s business interest grew in accordance with their new station.

Now thrust into the cutthroat world of high society, Elaria grew even more determined to prove herself. With the eyes of the nation on her and her family, it was vital that she demonstrate her potential. She continued her training in the arts of war, while also focusing on learning the social graces she needed to survive as a Selaryan noblewoman. In 7440, when Queen Helena became Empress Helena, Elaria pledged her loyalty to the new empress and fought to eliminate the rebelling nobles. It was around that time that Sebarial retired to his country estate, and the siblings Elaria and Nadrial took over running the family’s affairs. Given their individual talents, division of labor was a simple matter; Elaria represented the family in all martial arenas and at court, while her brother ran the financial empire.

In the years since, Elaria has served with pride on numerous occasions, including the planar invasion of Armadya a few years ago. Although she has proven herself several times over, she remains dedicated to demonstrating her worth, and to serving her empress and her goddess.

Last edited by Exhibit A; Jul 25th, 2018 at 11:25 AM.
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 05:54 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Something without human blood! Good, some diversity. I wonder when our first dwarf will appear as candidate to represent Bakenmoor.

Last edited by MoonZar; Jul 11th, 2018 at 06:20 PM.
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 08:06 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 08:49 PM
The Lord of Gifts

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33212
wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine wodine
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 09:19 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
That might be why every apps almost have a secret block hehe
Old Jul 11th, 2018, 09:42 PM
Zar Campaign World

Tools
User Statistics
@Exhibit A

Daddy could have done well enough to be a Baron with some land and a mansion. Would that be good enough for what you had in mind?