RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 14th, 2022, 04:53 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12536
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Bele se Farad

Game NameBele se Farad
Game SystemShadowrun
ThemeOrganized Crime, Fish-Out-of-Water, Shady Underworld Deals and Surviving a job gone wrong
FlavourLeft stranded after a job gone wrong and having to both survive and escape an isolated state.
Plot Summary
Belle Se' Farad
A fog rolled in over the jetty as several people stood around by a boat, off in the distance on the water bobbed a Blohm and Voss Classic 111, an incredibly expensive craft and something very few individuals owned. One of the men who stood on the jetty was an orc, his head shaven and a thick, smoke-spewing cuban held tightly between his lips as he turned to face the team of runners who had delivered their payload to him: A single elf woman. The ork smirked and booted them as a form of alternative pulse-checking, taking note of their physiological response to the swift kick. "Well chummers, I have to say you did a particularly good job of doing what was asked, she's alive and everything." the Ork said with a laugh and a puff of his cigar. "I'll admit I'm surprised you took the job, most of your types don't want to take the risk of visiting Tír na nÓg is an elven nation that sprung up in during the awakening, quickly overtaking the country it used to be: Ireland.Tír na nÓg... Not that I blame any of them, this place gives me the creeps. Too many daisy-eaters."

A month ago your fixer had put you in touch with the suited Ork - as most fixers are prone to do, you were introduced to the Johnson at a meet, an upscale bar in Seattle. You didn't know any of the other runners which is always something to quirk your eyebrow at when going on highly illegal runs. This ork, the Mr. Johnson, wanted you and these strangers to collect a young woman of the elven variety. The job seemed like a milk run at first, but alas, there's no such thing. Pursuit after pursuit and the young woman continued to evade the team at every corner, always teasing the tips of their fingers with a tantalizing touch. Three weeks of chasing the young woman down and attempting numerous extractions led to them making a daunting discovery: The target had fled the country and more specifically was taking refuge in Tír na nÓg. Tír na nÓg (for the uninitiated) is a dangerous place to get to, shrouded by a supernatural veil that misplaces intruders god-knows-where and full of residents who either don't like non-elves or don't like those from beyond the borders of Tír na nÓg. One call to the Johnson and a few hours later the runners had found themselves taking a private jet to Wales, then a smugglers boat to the emerald isle itself.

Now the team was stood in silence, watching for any signs of the Johnson preparing to betray them or skimp them out on the deal. The ork motions to one of the trolls behind him to pick up the girl and relocate her to the speedboat docked at the jetty.
"Alright now here's what we're gonna do, chummers. Me an' this big guy 'ere are gonna take sleepin' beauty back to the boat an' I'll leave that big guy over there with you lot as some... Insurance. So you know I won't skip town without paying yous.

When I come back I'll have your cash all nice and bundled up safely and ready for the warm love of your pockets, eh?
" he explains while climbing into the speedboat, making a hand motion at the large, well-armored guard with him. The other guard stood on the jetty and simply watched the speedboat as his (and by extension, your) boss left the jetty. About ten minutes go by and though it's hard to see the speedboat is slowly emptied of its passengers. Another five minutes passed and the guard stood on the jetty reaches up to his earpiece, cautiously looking over to the sand dunes further down the beach. This was odd behavior indeed and it wouldn't be out of place for the runners to be put on edge by such a sudden increase in movement, the apparent threat he was being warned about didn't seem to rear its head. The guard motioned for the team to back up off of the jetty as he carefully readied the Krime Wave LMG slung over his shoulder. The tension in the air slowly began to stir together with the misty air, dancing between runners, guard, and hidden threat alike.

The speedboat was making a return journey, albeit an erratic and wildly-moving one though what they were attempting to avoid wasn't clear with a distinct lack of gunshots or cannon fire... At least that was before a missile being fired from somewhere within the sand dunes lit up the beach, arcing gradually on a collision course with the speedboat. Naturally, the occupants of the speedboat were killed in the explosion along with the payday the team had worked so hard to earn. There was no time for regret, however, as soon the beach by the jetty was littered with bullets as the guard who had remained opened fire wildly into the dunes, succumbing to the return fire.

With nowhere else to go, the team of runners finds themselves at the bunker that Mr. Johnson had somehow acquired for the team. The bunker itself seemed safe for now - though the food was beginning to dwindle. There was a single bright side to the current predicament the runners found themselves in: They had access to a local Fixer, an underweight Elf called Switchblade; And Switchblade has just the job for a couple of out-of-towners.

Chargen Rules
Sum-to-ten Standard

Legal Metatypes
Metavariants are legal.
SURGE is legal but must have a strong reason for being involved.
Shapeshifters are legal but must have a strong reason for being involved.
AI, Pixies, Naga & Sasquatch are banned.
Drakes are banned.
HMVV and HMVV Carriers are banned.
Anything beyond cosmetic Nanites are banned.
If you plan to play an Ork or Troll, I feel the warning is required that this is Tír na nÓg. You are not welcome.
No, you cannot play as a Tír na nÓg native.

Magical Chargen Rules
Magicians & Shamans are allowed one initiation during Char gen.
Please think about what magical tradition you are picking and why your character Bonus points to people who reflect their tradition in how they write & describe their characters' magical abilities/casting.follows that particular magical tradition.
Posession traditions are banned.
Control action/thought spells are legal, but what comes around will go around.

Matrix rules
Anybody wishing to play a Decker will need to be experienced & I ask that you focus on support application rather than hardcore decking as my knowledge of the Matrix rules is very limited.
Technomancers are less likely to be accepted but are still considered legal.

Gear
With the standard limitations in place, please keep in mind what equipment your character would have taken with them into Tír na nÓg. A Rigger would have been able to smuggle their drones into the country but not their ultra-decked-out GMC Bulldog.

Saying that however, I am happy to say that seeing as Mr. Johnson brought the team to Tír na nÓg he would have provided the required facilities - a Toolshop or two, magical lodge materials, etc. You're stranded in Tír na nÓg and at a disadvantage, sure, but that doesn't mean I'm going to drop you into the thick of it like a naked babe in the woods.

Contacts
Regardless of the current situation, you will still have your contacts from whichever country you originate from. They will be able to help you in some capacity but do remember that this is Tír na nÓg and it's not easy (or cheap) to smuggle things in or out.

Out of Character

Are new players welcome?
Yes and I encourage any new players who have questions about the SR world and character generation process to head on over to the Shadowrun RPGX Community thread.

What are you looking for in applications?
I'm looking for an interesting cast of characters - Tír na nÓg is an interesting place in the Shadowrun world, an isolationist state (though not entirely by choice) that doesn't recognize the law of the corporate courts. Ork and Trolls are a true rarity, but I encourage people interested in playing Orks or Trolls to apply with them. There are advantages to being a rare find.

When is the cut-off date for applications?
I'm going to be generous and give this game a month for applicants, meaning the cut-off will be on June 14th. This date may be pushed back or brought further, depending on the rate of applicants and how many apply.

How many players are you looking for?
I'm looking for a minimum of 4 players, maximum of 6.

What sort of game will this be?
Mirrorshades, a mix of stealth with a mix of action and a plethora of potential job contracts for whatever the team feels is the right step forward.

What edition of Shadowrun are you using?
Fifth Edition.

Is Chummer required?
No, but full disclosure: I'm less inclined to accept characters who have been made manually.

Post-Rate?
Once per wek.

Application

Applicants

UsernameCharacter HandleMetatypeRoleApplication Status
CMRawlesAzadElfFace/GunbunnyComplete
TheRatQueenSchianovaElfFace/MageComplete
AlphaZOrionOrkAdeptComplete
Optional RealityD.GHumanMagicianComplete
GwythionBenny BulletsNartakiRiggerComplete
Eric1gsThe Cunning Mr. 51HumanBrawlerComplete
NightDreamer09Prancing HorseHumanRiggerComplete
YsoldeNurse/AlariaOrkAdeptComplete
Hiruma KohakuRxHumanMagicianComplete
ThorstenMiaHumanB&E SamComplete

Last edited by Marshmallow; Jun 14th, 2022 at 07:02 PM.
Old May 15th, 2022, 12:04 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 298
Optional Reality Optional Reality Optional Reality
Sum to 10, or fixed ABCDE?
Old May 15th, 2022, 01:20 AM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3371
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Reality View Post
Sum to 10, or fixed ABCDE?
It says Sum-to-ten is standard for this one in there.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Old May 15th, 2022, 12:37 PM
... in his element!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26729
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
Thanks for stepping up @marshmallow - great hook. Sorely tempted to put together a mostly metal street samurai type.

Are you just looking for just concepts at the moment - or go through the full chummer build?

(that said I may well have a play anyway).
Old May 15th, 2022, 12:39 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
Thanks for stepping up @marshmallow - great hook. Sorely tempted to put together a mostly metal street samurai type.

Are you just looking for just concepts at the moment - or go through the full chummer build?

(that said I may well have a play anyway).
Either or works for me, so long as what you propose as a concept can be done with the rules presented for Char gen.
Old May 15th, 2022, 01:28 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29047
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
I'm half-tempted to submit Quatsch. (Hee hee...get it? "Half-tempted"? She's a gnome!)

Or just start fresh with a utility mage.
Old May 15th, 2022, 01:33 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
I'm half-tempted to submit Quatsch. (Hee hee...get it? "Half-tempted"? She's a gnome!)

Or just start fresh with a utility mage.
You wouldn't rather she stays in Vienna and bother Nomad all day with the cat comments?
Old May 15th, 2022, 01:40 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
You wouldn't rather she stays in Vienna and bother Nomad all day with the cat comments?
Ooo, true.

Plus, as much fun as it was, it was really hard translating all her speech not only into German, but Berlinese German! I'll start working on a utility mage, those are fun!
Old May 15th, 2022, 01:49 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 298
Optional Reality Optional Reality Optional Reality
I have a sort of tracking and investigation focused mage on deck for this but I have a thing for my niece's graduation today, so don't expect it till tomorrow.
Old May 15th, 2022, 02:19 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3371
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Azad
left-aligned image
Character Name:
Character Handle: Azad
Metatype: Elf
Magical Tradition: N/A
Role: Face/Gunbunny (Sniper)
Background:

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?

Last edited by CMRawles; Jun 7th, 2022 at 07:32 PM.
Old May 15th, 2022, 09:26 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
Is there an established time/date/year?
Old May 15th, 2022, 10:25 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
right-aligned image

Character Handle: Schianova
Metatype: Elf
Magical Tradition:
Role: Face/Mage
Background: Schianova's family was one of the elven families who didn't move to Tir Tairngire during the mass exodus to the new land. Instead, they wound up caught between worlds, with friends and family among the humans and elves, but suddenly mistrusted...if not outright hated...by both and accepted by neither. To the Tir elves, her family had given up their chance to belong. The humans, of course, were resentful that they had even had the chance to begin with. Ostracized and blacklisted, the family's fortune suffered, and the family sank into poverty.

Schianova was born in the Puyallup Barrens, SINless and apparently without prospect. She might well have become just another barren rat if not for two things: being born with extraordinary beauty and Awakening magically. She realized that her beauty was both a gift and a curse, for though she could use it to get what she wanted, she began to learn that most people expected a price in trade. Fortunately, her magic manifested itself before it became a real problem, and she began to learn to subtlely use her magic to assert more control over her environment beyond becoming arm candy for a power player or a streetwalker.

It was during the aftermath of a particularly vicious gang battle, that included nearly as many civilian losses as gangers, that Schianova found her path, Peace. She already knew how to manipulate, but Peace taught her how to find methods of conflict resolution that would prevent violence to begin with...or at least reduce it. She figured out that she could attach herself to otherwise violent groups and aid them through nonviolent means, hopefully reducing the body count to achieve the desired result. At first it was local gangs, and she was considering moving on to either military or corp service. However, the gangs began taking advantage of her aid, using the advantage her skills provide to use lethal force with even greater efficiency, completely exterminating a rival gang with no regret.

Schianova realized that it would be even worse if she offered her talents to any type of army, and instead joined the ranks of Shadowrunners. It was her belief that the more migratory and independent nature of 'runner teams would prevent the abuse that festered in more established organizations. She could reduce violence starting in the shadows, and perhaps eventually peace could spread to the light.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; Jun 15th, 2022 at 10:35 AM.
Old May 16th, 2022, 05:58 AM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
Is there an established time/date/year?
I'm going vague, roughly around the mid 2070's
Old May 16th, 2022, 08:32 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5266
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Do adepts get to initiate once as well at character gen?
Old May 16th, 2022, 09:19 AM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruma Kohaku View Post
Do adepts get to initiate once as well at character gen?
Nope, Adepts are plenty powerful enough at base chargen IMO.