Old May 18th, 2022, 11:28 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 298
Optional Reality Optional Reality Optional Reality
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMRawles View Post
For the record, I considered being that one human metavariant, but elf is just so nice!
I looked at the Nartaki. But they're tied to a really specific geographic origin. And they're really obvious all the time, because "bright blue, four-armed people" stand out even in Shadowrun. And none of that meshed very well with what I wanted.
Old May 18th, 2022, 12:02 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3371
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Reality View Post
I looked at the Nartaki. But they're tied to a really specific geographic origin. And they're really obvious all the time, because "bright blue, four-armed people" stand out even in Shadowrun. And none of that meshed very well with what I wanted.
Eh, you just have to be born on the Ganges and my character is Indian anyways, it wouldn't be much of a change of backstory to go for it.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Old May 18th, 2022, 12:18 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12536
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optional Reality View Post
Metavariants are region-specific in where they originate from in the same way that any race of human is from a specific geographic location; It's not entirely unreasonable to be born to Oni parent(s) in... I dunno, Germany if they were there for some reason.
Old May 18th, 2022, 05:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2775
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Posting interest if still open. Will submitt later today if possible.
Old May 18th, 2022, 07:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5266
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Posting interest. Will submit app soon. Lots of mages so far.
Old May 18th, 2022, 07:33 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23344
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I truly wish I could make an application for your game Marshmallow, but I'm struggling to keep active with the three games I'm already in.

That being said, Marshmallow is an excellent DM and can tell a really good story and keep you guessing at the same time.

Gook luck all.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Last edited by Silk; May 18th, 2022 at 07:35 PM.
Old May 18th, 2022, 08:41 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
I truly wish I could make an application for your game Marshmallow, but I'm struggling to keep active with the three games I'm already in.

That being said, Marshmallow is an excellent DM and can tell a really good story and keep you guessing at the same time.

Gook luck all.
Oh come on, just do it! An app for fun!

I promise I won't even put you on the table or accept you.

EDIT: If it makes you feel any better, I have something in mind for the future that will probably shock everyone who knows my M.O for GMing, so if that takes your particulars, you can always apply to that one instead.

Last edited by Marshmallow; May 18th, 2022 at 08:43 PM.
Old May 18th, 2022, 09:35 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23344
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Oh come on, just do it! An app for fun!

I promise I won't even put you on the table or accept you.

EDIT: If it makes you feel any better, I have something in mind for the future that will probably shock everyone who knows my M.O for GMing, so if that takes your particulars, you can always apply to that one instead.
Well, you sure know how to get my creative juices flowing

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Old May 18th, 2022, 09:38 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
....Congratulations I regret encouraging that. :')
Old May 18th, 2022, 09:52 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3371
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Well, you sure know how to get my creative juices flowing

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Old May 19th, 2022, 01:38 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1131
gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion gwythion
right-aligned image

Character Handle: Benny Bullets

Magical Tradition: Essence, Shmessence

Role: Rigger, Gunlover, Second-string Decker

Background:

Benny Bullets is the most positive and supportive and helpful teammate anyone could ask for. He can handle any situation, drive anything, maybe even do anything. He's got your back!

As far as Benny's concerned, nothing is wrong with this situation. That elf girl couldn't have been that innocent, or she wouldn't have been so hard to catch. Whatever nefarious dealings she was up to, she got what was coming to her. Same goes for that jerk Mr. Johnson, we're better off without him. Being trapped in a strange place we can barely pronounce is fun and exciting! And if we need to leave, it should be easy enough to find a nice fast jet or boat to steal, and we can stop by London on the way home for fish and chips. Everything always works out in the end, there's nothing to worry about. Look how beautiful the sky is! The air is so clean and fresh! It'll be a great vacation, in this beautiful country.

But was there a moment, just a few minutes ago, when Benny suddenly looked completely broken? Head in his hands, shaking like a leaf, his other hands gripping a piling so tight the knuckles were white? You looked around to see if anyone else noticed it, but when you looked back, he was grinning away like usual, fingers working away in midair as he goofed off in AR. It must have just been his wires. He warned everyone at the beginning of all this about his twitchy wires, yeah, that must have been it.

Last edited by gwythion; Jun 10th, 2022 at 04:28 AM.
Old May 19th, 2022, 08:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2775
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
Basic Codename/handle: The Cunning * Mr. 51
Appearance/MetaType: Basic male human, about 5'4" tall. Light hair, skin, and eyes (but eyes and ears are artificial).
Role/arcytype: Cyber-Tank
Personality: Rather quiet and withdrawn. Carries a lot of mental baggage, and doesn't like to talk about his past.
Running Style: Stealthy and quiet if possible.
Combat Style: When forced into combat, switches to overwhelming force quickly.

Character sheet will be provided later if needed.

Last edited by Ericg1s; May 22nd, 2022 at 11:26 AM.
Old May 19th, 2022, 05:57 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Updated the table for all applicants.
Old May 19th, 2022, 06:17 PM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7511
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
I think you goofed it a smidge. Unless "brawler" is a new metatype I don't have the book for.

Old May 19th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZ View Post
I think you goofed it a smidge. Unless "brawler" is a new metatype I don't have the book for.
If SR 6E can have "Argle Bargle Foofahrawr" for being lazy, I can get away with "Brawler" for being lazy.