RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old May 27th, 2022, 09:08 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12536
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
*bonks Marshmallow on the nose with a rolled up character sheet* BAD Marshmallow! No self-disparaging! :P

Old May 29th, 2022, 06:40 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
If there isn't a new application submitted by Wednesday, I'll be closing applications on Friday and making the decision then.
Old May 29th, 2022, 06:55 PM
Pseudodragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13591
Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous Pseudonymous
I wish I knew how to play Shadowrun, otherwise I'd join!
Old May 29th, 2022, 07:00 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudonymous View Post
I wish I knew how to play Shadowrun, otherwise I'd join!
Attribute + Stat Skill ( + or - ) Modifiers = # of D6

5 - 6 good.
1 bad.

Congratulations, you've passed the entry course.

Last edited by Marshmallow; May 29th, 2022 at 07:02 PM.
Old May 30th, 2022, 12:36 AM
Hostile AI

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7511
AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ AlphaZ
But, to take it a step further, nobody actually knows how to play Shadowrun.
Old May 30th, 2022, 03:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5266
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Rx- WIP
right-aligned image

Character Handle: Rx

Metatype: Human

Role: Full Magician (Spellcasting, Ritual Casting, Alchemy)/Team Buffer and Healer

Physical Description:
Rx looks like any nerdy doctor you come across with the lanky body, short well kept brown hair, and pristine white lab coat full of various alchemical preparations and tools of the trade for the Mage. Inquisitive eyes hide behind the square framed glasses as he takes in anything new with extreme interest. A medkit setup like a backpack is with him at all times like a security blanket. The armor he wears underneath the lab coat is one of the few things beyond seeing him on the astral that tips people off that there is more to him than meets the eye.

Personality:
Rx is inquisitive and caring with a genuine interest in the well being of those less fortunate. He is not afraid to stop into an alley to help a recent mugging victim or use his magic to multiply a soyburger into a feast for a family that would have had to split the original into pieces. His reasoning and analysis are kept factual despite his feelings trying to creep into them. The doctor knows his role is not to be the star of the show, but rather enhance the team and keep them going to get the job done.

Background: Rx hates corps with a fiery passion, but a lot of people do. This means he has to hate himself some as well since he was a cog in their machine for so many years. He genuinely thought for years that he was making a positive difference in the world with his research until his test subjects were no longer volunteers for the various operations he performed.

Rx has always been gifted in healing and health magic in all forms from your basic instant Spellcasting to combat boosting stimulants to ritual medical wards. Becoming a rich medical doctor was always the big dream as he rose through the ranks at Ares. Enjoy the hood life while being praised for his talents. That’s what he thought he wanted anyways. At first it was elective plastic surgery to enhance desirable traits. Things moved onto becoming a personal physician to a corp exec. One day, he was transferred to a high tech cyberware and bioware facility. Soldiers that had lost limbs were on his operating table getting new cyberlimbs. A perfect record of no deaths or implant rejections saw him in the enhancement ward where Ares was equipping ‘super soldiers’ with the latest and highest grade ‘ware.

Things took a turn in the dark when he was moved to Research and Development department. The patients were always sedated and unconscious when they came to him. Kink bombs were implanted in each one followed by experimenting with a strange new type of device that attached to their cerebral cortex. His specialty was putting things in people not necessarily knowing what the thing did, but based on neuroscience it seemed like it would disrupt the person’s higher thinking capabilities. All of his patients died after activating the device which was hard on him. One time a patient woke up screaming to let them go home and tried to run away before the kink bomb blew their head off.

That’s when he started to realize that maybe these particular set of patients may not have volunteered for the operation. Going up against management was a bad idea that could make him one of the next test subjects, so he made a plan to escape inside one of the body bags as a deceased patients. It worked well enough with his keycard to get access and disappear into the shadows. It was now time to make amends for the atrocities he had committed. He set up a clinic in the Barrens of Seattle treating the poor and downtrodden for little to no cost. Such a practice doesn’t pay the bills, so he did after hours as a street doc for gangs that got themselves shot up or ‘found’ a dead body with cyberware attached that needed to be removed. Even that didn’t make ends meet some months and didn’t satisfy his desire to stick it to the corps that treat people like Guinea pigs.

Shadowruns became a new source of income and outlet for his vengeance against corps. Even though it meant he was sometimes a pawn for them, at least it was now on his terms. It was amazing how much they all paid to screw each other over. He and his team were the ones that won out in the end. Well until this last job that had gone sideways. It promised a big payout that would allow him to upgrade his clinic and maybe even hire some staff which subdued his better judgement during the weeks it took to obtain the target. His job was to make sure the person stayed alive and healthy through the whole ordeal. With their payday now blown to bits and stranded in a foreign elven nation, Rx and the team would have to figure out how to live their until they had a way of getting home.

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; May 30th, 2022 at 04:03 AM.
Old Jun 1st, 2022, 12:05 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Update the applicants table once again.
Old Jun 3rd, 2022, 10:12 PM
Banned

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaZ View Post
But, to take it a step further, nobody actually knows how to play Shadowrun.
I never noticed this comment until now, but Alpha is also entirely correct.
Old Jun 4th, 2022, 07:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2775
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I vaguely understand how the rules work, and how to go about being a runner.
I even have a few role playing ideas on how to be a non-human runner.
What exactly do you mean that no one knows? Do you mean the rules are vague, or something else?
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 12:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Glad you reconsidered! It’s a great setting. If you need help with the mechanics, let me know and I will do my best to help.
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 12:53 PM
Anarquista

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3371
CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles CMRawles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble83 View Post
OK! Marshmallow was considerate enough to reach out to me when I get scared and deleted my "posting for interest" post. That inspired me to download the core rulebook and give this thing a go! I love Cyberpunk (for all of it's flaws) and yes I realize that Cyberpunk is it's own similar TTRPG but the concepts seem to be eerily similar. Rambling aside... I'm working on putting together a character with the help of the core rulebook, the Shadowrun help thread on this site, and chummer...

Initial Concept (Rough Draft): Leaning towards an Elven Street Samurai that leans heavily into agility. I haven't mastered the finer points of the attributes to skill portion yet so it's hard to get more specific than that. As far as background, he grew up in the slums of Seattle doing whatever he had to survive (like everyone else he knew). He's not really "edgy" as he wasn't betrayed by anyone, there was no great tragedy, and he doesn't hate his family. Instead, he's simply a survivor that's mostly indifferent toward his family and childhood "friends." Essentially, he is a product of his environment. That said, he was never content with "just making it" like so many others were and has big ambitions for himself.
Well if you need help building it there are several of us here who can give some tips.

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 02:54 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6172
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Rough Draft
right-aligned image

Character Handle: Tomasz "Nomad" Salomon
Metatype: Dwarf
Role: Street Samurai. I would like to tailor him to be a force multiplier and a disruptor. Outside of combat, I'm not sure how much use he'll have outside of looking menacing.

Background:
Tomasz grew up in one of the "better" parts of the slums of Seattle. Both his mother and father worked in one of the megacorps' factories. Thanks to the grueling hours and poor conditions that his parents were subjected to, Tomasz had quite a bit of time to himself. He attended school dutifully, for what it was worth. The low-income school was nothing more than a sort of factory in itself. Providing no further education than what was absolutely necessary to work in a factory (mostly by following orders blindly). If a student did perform admirably (be it in tech with innate magical ability), then they were quickly whisked off to a better school that was more suited to their skill set. That was never going to happen for Tomasz. He had never shown any signs of magical ability and he wasn't terribly interested in technology (aside from its more practical uses).

The boy's real education came after school. Thanks to his relative freedom from his parents, he was able to consort with all sorts of low lives that his parents warned him to steer clear of. By the age of 14, he was a full-fledged member of the Cutters. Although that initiation was far from a pleasant experience, it was important for Tomasz. He loved his parents and he tolerated the other kids at school but he didn't feel close to any of them. Finally, with the Cutters, he felt like he had a family. It was a full two weeks after his initiation that his parents happened to be home at the same time as him. There had been an incident at the factory and everyone was sent home without pay until it could be investigated and the mess cleaned up. There were rumors that the damage was caused by Shadowrunners hired by a competing corps but, of course, no one would confirm or deny the allegations. It was that fateful day when his parents saw the boy's fresh ink and an out-of-date (and in very poor condition) cyber-arm.

Growing up in and still living in the slums themselves, Tomasz's parents knew exactly what the fresh ink and the less than fresh cyber-ware meant. "After everything we've sacrificed! This is how you repay us!? By joining a gang!? Tomasz! I thought we taught you better than this!" his mother wailed. His father was beat-red but could not seem to find his words. Before the man could find his words, Tomasz responded with an angry outburst. "They're not just some gang, they're my family! My real family!" With that, Tomasz stormed out the door. Those were the last words he said to his parents ten years ago. As far as he knows, they still live in the same home and in the same neighborhood. They're likely even still working in the same factory.

Nomad's love for the Cutter's faded shortly after he left to live among them. It quickly became apparent that the group cared about his well-being about as much as the factory cared about his parents. Still, it was work and it paid. Besides, it wasn't like he could just walk away... That was until about four years later when Nomad was sent out as part of a small force with the goal of eliminating the leader of a local gang, simply called "The Boys." Apparently, word had gotten out before their strike commenced. All twelve of the Cutter's sent out were ambushed by an overwhelming force. Nomad, saw one of the large trolls go down and used the opportunity to hide below his corpse (effectively faking his own death). After the smoke had cleared, Nomad dusted himself off and once again walked out on everyone and everything he knew. Since that fateful day, he has been operating in the Shadow's and taking work as an independent contractor... A Shadowrunner.

OOCI decided to change things up once I realized that what I was building was an "Adept" and that we already had two of them. Not only that but there was also a complete lack of Dwarven applications. Which I found CRIMINAL.

Last edited by Treble83; Jun 12th, 2022 at 11:29 PM.
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 04:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@Treble83
Like the story and the angle. It sounds like he has one Cyberarm. Does he have any other enhancements? What would say his ratio of natural to cyber abilities be? What does his Cyberarm do that makes it special?
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 10:18 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6172
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruma Kohaku View Post
@Treble83
Like the story and the angle. It sounds like he has one Cyberarm. Does he have any other enhancements? What would say his ratio of natural to cyber abilities be? What does his Cyberarm do that makes it special?
So I'm thinking Full Synthetic Right Arm and spurs (in the form of wolverine like blades) in his knuckles. He's certainly upgraded since his youthful ganger days. I'm not sure what you mean by what it does? I can't really find anything specific other than that I can attach accessories (although I can't find that feature in Chummer).
Old Jun 5th, 2022, 11:49 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Options for cyberarms:
-Increases in agility and strength
-add armor
-smuggling compartments
-implanted melee weapons and guns
-implanted cyber holster and arm slides