twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 04:30 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Scot Thomas

Hi I'm Scot Thomas and I'm new can someone point me in the direction of a quick game to get into. I play fifth editon dungeons and dragons.
Old 06-30-2020, 06:20 PM
Next year is Tampa!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 65090
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

We have New player Solo games, and the line/queue for them is pretty quick (for PbP). I don't know if there are any continuous recruiting games in 5th edition, but one of the other greeters will be along that's a big 5e fan, and would know (I stick with Pathfinder, myself).

But, feel free to look around, there's always 5e games seeking players in all parts of the process, so you might get lucky and get an app in right before the deadline, and be selected quick!

Happy gaming!
Old 06-30-2020, 06:59 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
Scot Thomas
Thank you for the warm welcome Administrator Dirk. I applied so I'm wondering how long it'll take to begin the solo game.
Old 06-30-2020, 07:05 PM
Keeper of Three Gremlins

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3056
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Hi Scot, welcome to the site!

Sounds like you're on board. Might take a couple of days for your solo games to get going, it depends on GM availability. But you're definitely on the radar if you've posted in the application thread.

In the meantime, feel free to have a look around - see how other games are run, or what games are being advertised in the Games Seeking Players thread, or some of the activities in the open roleplaying forum. Plenty to do here, to put it another way.

Hope to see you around!
Old 06-30-2020, 07:24 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
Scot Thomas
Thank you Hotsu for the warm welcome
Old 06-30-2020, 11:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28618
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

There are in fact several D&D5 games on the continuous recruitment page. My suggestion? Chocoladelva's lost mines game. It's often where I send my solo game graduates who are hungry for their next game. Bonus points for them also being a fellow new player solo game GM I'm case you need help with anything.

Do you have any stories to share from your time at the table? Newbies always have the best stories.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!

I hope to see all my Shadowrunners there showing RPGX what they're made of!
Old 07-01-2020, 12:04 AM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
Scot Thomas
Thank you Imveros. I'm interested in permanent placement and I don't mind the warm welcome. Thank you in advance. Looking for new adventuring opportunity. My local gaming group that meets every other Wednesday is on my to do list but other than that I'm looking for adventure abound and long term commitment.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:35 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22954
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Scot Thomas,

Welcome over here and cool that you made an introduction post for us. There are so many adventure possibilities over here that I am sure you are going to love it! Have you been cruising the site yet and spotted some cool games recruiting? Do you have a character in mind yet that you want to roleplay?
Old 07-01-2020, 10:18 AM
Dim Henchmen of Pang!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13275
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Welcome to the site, Scot Thomas! I almost spelled that name wrong...

I hope you enjoy the site! Let us know if you have any questions. We're happy to help.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:27 PM
NPSG Inductee

Tools
User Statistics
Scot Thomas
Thank you chocladevla and Unko for the warm welcome. I'm getting by with applying for a game or two. Nice to meet you two.