Old 10-17-2020, 01:45 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
pydrokan pydrokan
Hello! I'm looking forward to play!

Hello together!
My name is pydrokan, I'm from Germany and I would like to participate in a D&D5e game! I've already read a little bit in the threads and it would be cool if I had the opportunity to play a Single-Player game!
I have no experience in Play by Post, in real life I DM a Curse of Strahd Campaign and I'm here, because I also want to play a bit ;-)

There's one addition: I already have a character concept in mind, if it would be possible that I can use it that would be cool, if not, I have no problem with making a completely new character!

Last edited by pydrokan; 10-17-2020 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-17-2020, 01:55 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 67314
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

We have several other players from Germany around the boards, you are in good company. And 5e is very popular too. We have a New Player Solo Game area just for folks to play a solo game in several editions, so that might fit the bill you are looking for. Happy gaming!
Old 10-17-2020, 03:12 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 33595
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

I see you've already signed up for your new player solo game, bravo! I can't recommend them to you highly enough.

So, tell us all about this concept of yours! Anything juicy?

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 10-17-2020, 03:31 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
pydrokan pydrokan
I had this concept for a character I wanted to play in RL but since I'm the DM, I can not use it in the near future
I wanted to play a Half-Orc Monk, I will give a few ideads that I have in mind about his story. It's not completely developed yet.

* Given to a monastery as a small child, learning a lot about religion, history, fighting
* did not like this way of life, Monks told him about the good aims for life and happiness one should seek
* told himself, this happiness he will not find in the monastery, but in the world outside
* ran away and joined a group of mercenaries
* Next to fighting everyone should be able to perform more tasks for the mercenary guild, so he learned about woodwork and carpenting
* mercenary guild had a slightly unorthodox way of doing things and with time he saw, this life also will not bring the happiness he seeks
* left mercenarys with the goal to find his happiness in life
Old 10-17-2020, 04:25 PM
The bird with the words

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5925
HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama HotsuSama
Welcome to the site! Sounds like you've got a pretty good concept in mind.

Are you looking to keep to the single player experience or branch out to team play once you've gotten the hang of play-by-post?
Old 10-17-2020, 04:32 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
pydrokan pydrokan
I definitely want to try out a Team game, I think it would be fun. I just want to start with Single Player to see how it works ;-)
Old 10-17-2020, 07:26 PM
Peek-a-boo

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9774
Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom Chrystrom
Welcome pydrokan! So glad you stumbled onto our little corner of the interweb. This is a great place to get your gaming itch scratched, along with getting the chance to do some and read some awesome creative writing.

As you said you are interested in a Solo game the first order of business is that I would highly recommend that you check out the New Player Solo Game. It is designed to run new site members through a short module with your very own DM/GM and to help you learn the ropes of Play by Post gaming. If you are interested, there is a link in my signature down below.

There are some great threads you might want to check out on character development that will really help you in the Game Application area. This article is a very good one to read. If you do the New Player Solo Game a lot of the DMs/GMs have New Player Intro documents that have a ton of information to help new players succeed.

There are also articles you might want to check out describing how to write great posts. This one HERE and this one HERE are ones I highly recommend looking at.

I'll leave it there as far as your syllabus goes

Once again welcome!

+
Old 10-18-2020, 03:13 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24064
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning pydrokan,

Welcome over here and I am intrigued by your username, what does it mean? Been playing as a character in the Curse of Strahd (twice) but the game never continued, unfortunately. Absolutely love the story.
Happy gaming and feel free to ask questions if you have them
~ taken the Oath of Sangus ~
Old 10-18-2020, 06:06 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
pydrokan pydrokan
@Chrystrom Thank you for your words! I will definitely check out the guides you have linked!

@chocoladevla Thank you! With my username it's actually quite a funny story. I played a german RPG named Gothic II where you have to fight dragons. One of the dragons was named Pendrakhan, but when I had to choose a username in a forum at that time I thought it was Pydrokan and I liked the name
Old 10-18-2020, 09:56 AM
Fork 2020

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15486
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Welcome to the site, pydrokan! With that story about your username, it makes me think of King Arthur's dad, Uther Pendragon!

Others have already told you about the solo game opportunity, and plenty of folks do solo games in other contexts, too. So you should be solid, there! I'm wondering if you know the other German user that just joined, Zelles? Or maybe it's just a coincidence! Big country, Germany.

If you've got any questions, let us know. We're happy to help.
Old 10-18-2020, 01:56 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
pydrokan pydrokan
Thank you!

Yes, I have already applied for a Solo Game in D&D 5e, I hope someone will answer :-)
No, I do not know him, it's a big country yes

I'm really looking forward to making a charakter and try out playing! Currently I'm reading the stuff Chrystom has linked!
Old 10-18-2020, 02:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1729
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
I would usually start by saying Welcome to the nuthouse where everyone is family...but you probably already figured that out. Then I would say, try a solo game but pretty sure 9 people in front of me already said that too. I could say that people on here are a great bunch of people and that nobody bites....that would not be the truth because the vampires and werewolves around here actually do bite.

So, I'll just say Heeellllllllloooooo