DnD5e Strongholds and Kingdoms: Laerakond - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Apr 9th, 2019, 08:44 PM
Royal Lion

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6172
Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83 Treble83
App Completed. The only thing that remains is to decide on equipment. You mentioned the possibility of buying magic items. Is there a shopping list that I could review?

Last edited by Treble83; Apr 9th, 2019 at 10:20 PM.
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 09:08 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34130
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
The last one sounds really cool! Reminds me of Monster Hunter. I pick that one.
That sounds awesome... lets make that happen!
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Non Paradisi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2283
Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen
Okay, I do believe I am finished. Please let me know if I am missing anything or need to expound on anything.
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 09:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18731
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Application
right-aligned image
Name: "Three Coins"
Race: Kenku
Class: Rogue 1 / Monk 2
Alignment: Neutral

Stronghold: A dispersed network of nests, safe houses, etc.
Mark: A small sphinx, branded in a discreet place on the body
Password: "In everything, opportunity"

Backstory: Eventually, Kenku arrive, and no place is ever the same again. It's always impossible to pinpoint the time when they came, but eventually, they are there. They are never welcome, at best barely tolerated, but also impossible to purge. When pressured, they vanish, only to re-emerge when the climate becomes marginally more hospitable to them. Crime is their lifeblood - everything from petty theft to regicide. They crave gold, constantly secreting the shiny metal about their persons and throughout their lairs.

Due to their small stature and peculiar "speech," humans often convince themselves that the Kenku are stupid and ignorant, but nothing could be further from the truth. What most lack in formal education, they more than make up in cunning and wiles. And Kenku are superbly well-organized. When they choose, they readily band together to pursue mutual interest, and Kenku flocks can be as tightly-knit as Elven lords and Dwarven clans. To be accepted into such a flock is to acquire family, protection, succor, and even love. To be rejected from one, to be cast out, or worse yet to walk away from one is to be placed outside, unable to rely upon anyone or anything.

The Kenku boy called His Kenku name sounds like a handful of gold coins being poured into cupped handsThree Coins by humans was shattered when his father handed him over to the old priest on the night before his ninth name-day. At dawn, he would become an adult and take his rightful place in the flock. He had worked hard and developed his skills, and he had wanted nothing more than to take his place by his father's side, working on the fake documents and Elven antiquities that the flock manufactured and sold to the crooked merchants who eagerly plied their shores. But his father had come into his room as darkness fell, accompanied by an elderly human, once tall, now so stooped with age that he almost stood of a height with Three Coins. "On your feet!" his father cawed, using the voice of a sergeant he had once heard training raw boys to fight with the spear. "Go with him," he said, indicating the old man with a wingtip. "But whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?" Three Coins wailed. He had seen a human child once, sprawled out on a shop floor kicking its arms and legs, howling in outrage. That voice seemed appropriate now. "This. Not. Your. Place," his father croaked, using four different voices for the different words - a sure sign that what he wanted to communicate was not easy. Three Coins' father grabbed him, none too gently, and led him out of the aerie. The old man followed, mute and unmoved. At the beginning of the long pathway down and out into the unknown, Three Coins paused, looking at his father imploringly. His father's face was still, stony. His beak opened, and words in the Auran tongue issued forth. The breathy sounds communicated a clear image - fledglings being tossed from the nest, something every Avian understood. Resigned, Three Coins knuckled tears from his eyes and turned his back on his father. Alone, he walked down the long, winding pathway, indifferent to whether the old man followed or not.

Ten years was a long time to one like Brother Three Coins. The Kenku had shorter lifespans than Humans, so at nineteen, Three Coins was in the prime of life. He sat on the windswept terrace, meditating. His eyes were closed to the stark mountain vista surrounding him, but awareness of it permeated him, comforted him. In his trance-like state, Three Coins floated on his ki, finding a oneness with all creation that negated the self and made all things possible. He felt, rather than heard, the interior door crack open and the tiny acolyte slip into the Kenku monk's usual place. "Yes, child?" Three Coins said, in a perfect mimicry of the first words the Elven abbot had spoken to him, many years before, when Three Coins himself was clad in the brand-new robe of a novice, its blue hue yet unfaded from daily washing. "Lord Abbot wishes to speak to you, Master," the boy said, almost inaudibly. "He is in the stable yard." "My thanks, boy," Three Coins cawed in the rough voice of a one-time pirate who had once bought fake antiques from Three Coins' family. The feathered monk stood smoothly, turned on the balls of his feet, and walked purposefully from the airy chamber.

Abbot Admaer Sarwaren stood in the cool mountain air, in close discussion with the layman who served as farrier and blacksmith to the monastery. He wore the same grey tunic and close-fitting trousers of the other monks, but Abbot Sarwaren's centuries of life and the force of his ki gave him a quiet power and gravity that approached the divine. Three Coins waited a polite distance away, continuing his interrupted meditation. After a few moments, the Abbot finished his conversation and joined the young monk. "Brother, pray come with me," he said, leading Three Coins toward the stables. Once under the roof, the Abbot handed Three Coins a small scroll, tightly wound and sealed. The golden wax bore a mark, a fox and a badger - his father's sigil. The Abbot politely took a step backward and turned from Three Coins, offering him privacy. Three coins broke the seal and unrolled the parchment. Written on the scroll were just two words in the script invented by Dragons.

"Come home."

After Three Coins re-rolled the scroll and tucked it into his belt, he saw that Abbot Admaer had turned back toward him. He set his right hand on Three Coins' left shoulder and squeezed it fondly. His left hand pressed a pouch into the monk's right hand. Three Coins could feel the comfortable weight of silver within. Sarwaren gestured to a horse, already saddled and packed for a journey. "This is always your home, brother," the Abbot said. "You are always welcome here." Three Coins offered his superior a bow of deep respect and affection, then climbed up on the horse and rode off to whatever awaited him back at the Aerie.

Last edited by Berith; Apr 22nd, 2019 at 10:39 AM.
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 09:23 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen savoylen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treble83 View Post
App Completed. The only thing that remains is to decide on equipment. You mentioned the possibility of buying magic items. Is there a shopping list that I could review?
Awesome sauce, I'll mark your application COMPLETED!

A list of common and uncommon magic items can be found on the 5e SRD here.

The Base price for Common magic items is 100 gp for Uncommon is 500 gp.
Consumable Common items (like healing pots) is 50 gp.
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Okay, I do believe I am finished. Please let me know if I am missing anything or need to expound on anything.
Fantastic.. I'll mark you COMPLETED!

Will do.

- Savy
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 11:07 PM
Non Paradisi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2283
Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen Raizen
What is the ruling for hit die rolls?

Last edited by Raizen; Apr 9th, 2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 11:41 PM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
What is the ruling for hit die rolls?
If you are talking about recovery die, as per the PHB.
If you are talking about addition HP at each level, it's still per the PHB. You roll those those out in our Character Workshop and Roller room OR take the average for the die (it will be listed in the PHB).

Its considered good form to link to your rolls with that is the option you take.
Also, once you decide the method (roll or take the average listed in the PHB) you are locked in to that method. We don't mix and match or decide after we see the rolls. Just pick a method and keep to it. That's all there is to that. I hope that answers the question.

I'll update the OP to make that clear to everyone.

- Savy
Old Apr 9th, 2019, 11:45 PM
Watching siliently

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3123
Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga Xalnaga
Hey Savoy

Constance is all finished, just fine tweaking the mechanical build and improving the fluff and NPCs at her To her but really needs a bunch of work done to it.brand new stronghold.

Do we get to roll on a follower chart yet? or shall we just stick to base NPCs to give the world more weight?
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 12:11 AM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xalnaga View Post
Hey Savoy

Constance is all finished, ...
Do we get to roll on a follower chart yet? or shall we just stick to base NPCs to give the world more weight?
Fantastic... thank you for all the hard work on your app. I'm marking it COMPLETED!

We're going to wait until after selection to do the details on the Stronghold (I have the templates ready) and then the followers/units (again more templates).

You'll get the opportunity just to pick these or to roll on the table depending an the narrative you select.

It sounds like you know a bit about SaF (Stronghold and Followers) already so that will help but we'll work the details out as a team once we've formed up.

I hope that helps! - Savoy
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 02:52 AM
WotC can bite me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7616
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
I love the concept for this game. Here is my proposed character

Application for Laerakond campaign: Ornan Savan, monkName: Ornan Savan

Race: Human

Class: Monk, Way of the Open Hand

Background: Charlatan (spy)

Alignment: Neutral Good

Backstory/Concept:

Order of the Beacon’s motto: In service, we light the beacon for the people

Helping Hand’s motto: We serve the beacon from the shadows

Order’s insignia: a 6-sided lantern displaying a flame

Attribute: STR 8, DEX 16, CON 12, INT 12, WIS 14, CHA 14

Build:

Old Apr 10th, 2019, 03:48 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13817
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire64 View Post
A run down ‘monastery’ in the Forgotten Lands needs to be restored and reinvigorated.
Noooooo! After being literally lost for a week on what to play I finally had an idea uncomfortably similar to yours last night and had started working on it. Granted, I was going for Shadows and more of a 'ninja' feel, but it's eerily similar. Now I don't know if I should scrap it and find something else or post something uncomfortably similar.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 04:20 AM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1037
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
Finalized my character and made some edits.

Also added equipments with his remaining gold!

Last edited by Torack; Apr 10th, 2019 at 04:26 AM.
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire64 View Post
I love the concept for this game. Here is my proposed character
...Ornan Savan...
Thanks - I'm excited to see where this goes as well. Nice to meet you!

- Savy
Old Apr 10th, 2019, 08:55 AM
Adventure Architect

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kymrel View Post
Noooooo! After being literally lost for a week on what to play I finally had an idea uncomfortably similar to yours last night and had started working on it. Granted, I was going for Shadows and more of a 'ninja' feel, but it's eerily similar. Now I don't know if I should scrap it and find something else or post something uncomfortably similar.
Id suggest rolling with what you really want to do - You'll get the best application out of it and have more fun to boot!

- Savy