RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-10-2019, 10:31 AM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11730
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Name: Safiyah Rashaad
Mythoi: Goddess of Fate, Fortune, Time and Destiny. She was among Mecca's three chief goddesses, alongside with her sisters, Allat and Al-‘Uzzá, and among them, she was the original and the oldest. Manāt (مناة‎)
Background: Safiyah doesn't remember much about her early life in Afghanistan. Her family are refugees and she grew up here in Pesgan. She knows all of the taunts and teasing from other kids from when she wore her headscarf. She remembers how hard everything was in a traditional home expected to find a traditional boy and marry. She remembers it even as she zips her bike around town getting deliveries places really fast, sometimes mere moments after she's been given them.

The bracelet of Manāt she took with her when she left home. It is golden in hue and she had at first thought she'd sell it, but it turned out that the goddess had other plans for her. Manāt, original goddess of Mecca, goddess of fate, fortune, time, and destiny. She guides Safiyah now and Safiyah listens.

Additional: If accepted I'll pick up the book and figure out just what sort of tag goes with Manāt, in the meantime I just had this idea and wanted to write it down. Maybe I'll find it again someday and use it or maybe I'll get a chance to play this game.

Last edited by Ysolde; 04-10-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 01:47 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1104
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Thanks for the application Ysolde! Admittedly I'm not really in-the-know about Islamic deities, so this is a pretty new one to me.
Old 04-10-2019, 02:56 PM
Pony Princess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11730
Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde Ysolde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Thanks for the application Ysolde! Admittedly I'm not really in-the-know about Islamic deities, so this is a pretty new one to me.
I was watching a Smithsonian special about the City of Petra and I learned a whole bunch about Manat and her three sisters. Its rather fascinating to know that, for a brief time, these three goddesses were the major figures of part of the pre-Islamic world. More fascinating is that, while these goddesses, were worshipped the role of women was much higher in those societies as they were the priestesses and even rulers of Petra.
Old 04-10-2019, 11:31 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Character Concept: Simon (Simone) Williams/20/ Part time Student-Part time Diner Waiter.
Name/Age/Occupation are the minimal details I'd like to see, lowest age for a character I'll accept is 16.
Mythoi: The Sea Witch From The Little Mermaid
Additional: The Sea ebbs and flows, ever shifting ever moving. Like the flow of people sitting at the tables waiting for their water to be refilled. Ever moving, never ceasing. That’s what Simon thought their life would be like once they moved out to the city for school and work. And it was true, just not in the way they thought.

No parties, no clubbing, no circle of friends. Oh there were work buddies and some school chums, but they were in the boundary of acquaintances alone. There was no one to really talk to; mom was busy with work as a pharmaceutical chemist for some company, dad was trying to convince people to invest in this or that when he wasn’t “on vacation” and Bryan---

No no, remembering Bryan, that... that was a travesty too recent to deal with. Like the dreams of water whisper secrets, or the dreams where their hands over soup brought dreams to life at a price.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Thanks for the application, Konton!
Old 04-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 613
Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1
Name: Marcus Cole
Mythoi: John Henry

John Henry was a loved and respected steel driver and track layer for the railroad after the civil war. One day, a steam-powered hammer was brought to be tested and to put John’s community out of jobs. John faced the machine and won, but at the cost of his life. He proved that man was still better than a machine.

Marcus Cole is a cog in the machine; that of Pelgas City. In this day and age, it has fallen on him to show that either machine has outgrown man or man is still greater than the machine.

Last edited by Vulco1; 04-12-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:56 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, thanks for the application Vulco!

Any chance you could paragraph between the abilities/tags so it's easier on the eyes?

Last edited by Marshmallow; 04-11-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:30 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Updated

Last edited by Vulco1; 04-12-2019 at 10:55 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:33 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks, Vulco, I've got a slight diagnosis of Dyslexia and text formatted like that just really f*cks with my head.

Also after some consideration, I'm looking for TWO players to join the group.
Old 04-12-2019, 11:10 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
No problem. It just screws with my OCD. It looked formatted correctly on my computer yesterday but when I checked this morning it was zany.

I'm open to any feedback you have and if youre looking for more players, I'd like to throw my and Marcus' hat in the ring for consideration.

Last edited by Vulco1; 04-12-2019 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:11 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, well I'm generally considering each application submitted so far for the current group.
Old 04-13-2019, 08:10 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Aight, just an update, I've set a deadline for the applications for this Tuesday (16th).
Old 04-16-2019, 12:12 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
'aight, it's going to be another 2 hours before I close.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:03 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Accepted applicants have been contacted, thanks to everyone who applied.
Old 04-20-2019, 02:41 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
PathfinderDreamer PathfinderDreamer
I know you are taking anymore applications but I'm so excited about the prospect of this game.I'm creating a character and would love to submit it when its finished just in case you end up needing a backup.