Oxmar the Ill-Fortuned: Application Review - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Gaming Advice > Player Support
twitter facebook
0 7 2 0
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 04-27-2019, 12:04 PM
Work-In-Progress

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 276
Tom the Bombadil Tom the Bombadil Tom the Bombadil
Oxmar the Ill-Fortuned: Application Review

This is my first ever application. Thank you for any and all feedback.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=188585

Name: Oxmar the Ill-Fortuned

Race: Half-Orc

Class: Fighter

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Appearance:

Oxmar's height is below average, putting his orcish father to shame. The half-orc's skin is like stone, grey and rough to the touch.

Ox keeps his head clean of all hair. He learned the hard way that in an alley fight, an enemy is willing to grab on to anything if it means they'll win. A scar can be seen on the left side of his face below the eye. His tusks are white and clean.

Wherever the warrior goes, he takes his shield. A black dog with an open mouth and wild hair lies on the shield's face.

Background: Soldier (Infantry)

Before coming to Mivvin's Rest, Oxmar served with the Black Dogs mercenary company. Operating out of the town of Nargabad, him and his fellows made good coin hiring themselves out to the community. They may have been a wild bunch, but they pitched in and helped at dire times.

Nargabad was most desperate when it was occupied by the warlord Dugaine. Oxnar and the Black Dogs fought back by utilizing guerilla warfare and hit-and-run tactics. The half-orc took every chance he could get to fight on the front lines.
After sustaining heavy casualties, Dugaine fled with his forces in tow. Nargabad was saved.

The Black Dogs lost the majority of its members. Oxmar himself received a jagged scar under his left eye. If the spear had struck him any higher, he would have lost an eye. Looking back, this was Ox's last stroke of luck.

After receiving a "donation" from the mayor, the last of the mercenaries lived well. Except for Oxmar. His love of boozing, gambling, and fighting created a bitter brew as his funds decreased and his list of enemies increased.

Knowing well enough that it would be best to leave town, Ox took a job with a scholar named Pimzor as a bodyguard. It didn't pay well, but the job took him out of the city. Leaving with his life was payment enough.

Pimzor and Oxmar eventually found their way to Mivvin's Rest. The scholar hoped to learn what he could about the Basilisk Cult. The mercenary had no idea what a basilisk was, but he stayed for the pay.

Personality Trait 1: I'm a born gambler who can't resist taking a risk for a potential payoff

Personality Trait 2: To me, a tavern brawl is a good way to get to know a city.

Ideal: Independence When people follow orders blindly, they embrace a kind of tyranny.

Bond: Those who fight beside me are worth dying for.

Flaw: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Equipment:

Longsword
Hand Axes-2
Chain Mail
Shield with Crest of Black Dog
Deck of Playing Cards
Insignia of Rank (Corporal)
Trophy From a Fallen Enemy (Tattered Banner of Warlord Dugaine)
Common Clothes (Green Tunic, Brown Trousers)
G.P-10