twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-23-2019, 08:15 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Gith
This would be very interesting to start in Season 8 and progressing through Heist to Mad Mage. Are there any other specific creation rules for it (I didn't see any listed but it is fairly new)?
Old 01-24-2019, 12:27 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5942
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
No there's no specific rules for character creation for season 8
Old 01-25-2019, 04:10 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 153
TomNotJerry TomNotJerry
New member and player here - I have not gone through a solo campaign yet but can I ask to enroll in one of these? I am not sure which one would be a good choice for someone new to both the PbP format and 5e
Old 01-25-2019, 04:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
You can enroll - though you might want to see if you can also apply for a solo game anyway - I know they can take a while but they are very useful.

Season 6 and 8 are the most divergent from 5e standard rules (6 because it starts at level 2 and 8 because it doesn't use XP). So they're probably more 'advanced'.

That said, season 6 only needs one more application to start - so if you want to start soon and don't mind starting at level 2 - then go for that one. If you don't mind waiting, apply for one of the others.
Old 01-27-2019, 02:00 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 274
Tyrus34 Tyrus34 Tyrus34
Posting interest in season six will have character done in the next couple days
Old 01-27-2019, 03:02 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TomNotJerry TomNotJerry
I just got an e-mail about the Solo adventure and I will go through those. I think that if I were to try to get into a game, Season 8 seems the most level 1 start to advance through compared to Season 6.

How many spots are still open for Season 8?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachobia View Post
You can enroll - though you might want to see if you can also apply for a solo game anyway - I know they can take a while but they are very useful.

Season 6 and 8 are the most divergent from 5e standard rules (6 because it starts at level 2 and 8 because it doesn't use XP). So they're probably more 'advanced'.

That said, season 6 only needs one more application to start - so if you want to start soon and don't mind starting at level 2 - then go for that one. If you don't mind waiting, apply for one of the others.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
That one hasn't had any applications yet so all 5 slots are open
Old 02-01-2019, 03:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7876
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Friendly bump. Explore the Underdark with me!

Last edited by Berith; 02-01-2019 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-02-2019, 12:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1267
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
I'm In,
monday I'll post ... will see where a group need me the most and what class or role is missing you in your group
Old 02-03-2019, 09:27 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5091
McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomNotJerry View Post
New member and player here - I have not gone through a solo campaign yet but can I ask to enroll in one of these? I am not sure which one would be a good choice for someone new to both the PbP format and 5e
These are perfect for players starting out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomNotJerry View Post
I just got an e-mail about the Solo adventure and I will go through those. I think that if I were to try to get into a game, Season 8 seems the most level 1 start to advance through compared to Season 6.

How many spots are still open for Season 8?
You'll have a blast in the NPSG! You can also throw your hat into the ring for Season 8! There's plenty of room.

~Oath of Sangus~

Last edited by McQuiggin; 02-03-2019 at 09:29 AM.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:20 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
TomNotJerry TomNotJerry
I am currently going through the starter dungeon but can look at making a character for Season 8. I am playing a Fighter right now but if all of the slots are open, I guess most anything would be fair game.
Old 02-03-2019, 06:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7524
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Sorry, was on the wrong account. I'm in. I'll submit an app tonight or tomorrow!
Old 02-04-2019, 01:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1942
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
I actually promised myself ... or, promised somebody, that I'd not apply for any more games until later in the year (June/July)...but this looks too interesting to pass up!

I'd like to apply for one of the seasons that is mostly empty, so when the time comes I may actually be more available to concentrate on the game. Can I put my name in for Seasons 5 and 7? Wavering on number 3...but let me see if I can actually come up with a character concept I'd like to play within the week before I commit to Season 3!
Old 02-05-2019, 12:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7524
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Syrin Adalbern
right-aligned image
Season: 3
Character Sheet

Name: Syrin Adalbern
Race/Class/Tradition: Human / Sorcerer
Gender/Age: Female - 34
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Background: Hillsfar Smuggler
Passive Wisdom (Perception): 12

Personality: I exaggerate the tales of my exploits. I've seen it all and am notoriously hard to impress.
Ideals: Impulsive: Planning is often a waste of time. No
plan survives contact with reality. It's easier to dive
in and deal with the consequences.
Bonds:I enjoy tricking the Red Plumes at every opportunity.
Flaws: My hatred for the Red Plumes burns so brightly that
I have difficulty suppressing It around them.

Appearance/Personality/History: Syrin is a tall woman with hair so deeply red that it appears almost black unless under certain light. She is well dressed and commands a certain noble presence about her which helps her to influence those around her, a very important trait considering her chosen profession. She typically wears flowing dresses with long sleeves to cover the translucent scales that cover parts of her body and betray her heritage. While she is generally very personable it is difficult, if not impossible, to suppress her hatred towards the Red Plumes when she has to deal with them.

Syrin comes from the merchant family Adalbern, not quite nobility, but regarded highly enough that the difference was of little matter. The Adalberns take pride in the Draconian blood that runs through their veins from an ancestor so long ago that the name and tales are likely to be little more than folklore. Long enough that magic no longer manifests in their bloodline and scales no longer set them apart from the other residents of the city. Until Syrin was born anyways... When she was but a toddler small lights would manifest around her as she play. As she grew older so did her powers and so did her parent's concerns. Once she started to emerge into womanhood the scales started to appear, first on her abdomen but eventually they spread as little patches covered her torso, arms, and legs. Her parents were terrified as to what this could mean for their family more so than what would happen with Syrin or how she was feeling. Her arms and legs were wrapped in cloth and long dresses and gowns were used to hide her unusual characteristic. While she was human, anything that set her apart could spark controversy and complications that her family could ill afford to entertain. While she kept her body hidden she reveled in her powers, often flaunting them before her parents as an act of rebellion, a reminder of their 'ill fortune' for having such a daughter. As a woman her powers became more just a part of her identity and the novelty wore off. The rejection and humiliation endured at the hands of her family, however, did not and she found a calling helping others who were rejected by society.

Last edited by DaysUntold; 02-07-2019 at 11:50 AM.
Old 02-05-2019, 12:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@DaysUntold: which season are you applying for?