RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-06-2019, 07:09 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1004
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
City of Mists: Ordinary People, Legendary Powers

Game NameCity of Mists: Ordinary People, Legendary Powers
Game SystemOther Roleplaying Games
ThemeFables, Mage, Lovecraft and Dick Tracy had a baby
FlavourDark Modern-Noir with fantastical Urban elements and Mystery
Plot SummaryLife in Pesgan is just like life in any other City, with beautiful natural parks cared for by professional gardeners and watched by park security. A thriving industrial sector run by a diverse family of entrepreneurial-minded businessmen and women. Pesgan City has something to offer each and every family who moves here, parents can be assured that their children will receive only the finest education at our local schools and this is doubly so for students lucky enough to study under the roof of Derleth Academy.

In Pesgan City everything that could go wrong simply won't... If you turn a blind eye, that is. You grew up in Pesgan City, maybe you grew up among the gangs in the lower-income areas, maybe you were a high-rise apartment kid studying under the prestigious Derleth Academy, or perhaps you even grew up on the streets. Perhaps you still are only a teenager, maybe you're an adult now. It doesn't matter who you were as herein Pesgan city, what really matters is what you know. See there's this side to the city that nobody ever talks about, there's this side that nobody really even seems to notice, except you. Something traumatic happened to you one night and you did (or even became) something inhuman and everything changed. You suddenly understood who you are, not on the surface level, but deep-down within your very soul.

Everyone has it but most people lock it away within themselves, they turn a blind eye and look away, but you? No, you can't do that, you've experienced too much to simply wash away what you are. Now the city is a radically different place, it's as if everything is shrouded in a heavy mist, a veil attempting to hide away the true nature of the City. A beautiful busker you pass on the street every Tuesday suddenly has scaled legs with webbed toes, the guy who serves you in the local Café has a cyclopic eye and a muscular physique you can't remember him ever having. Yet nobody talks about walking past a busking Mermaid or being served their latté and chocolate fudge cake by a cyclops. Nobody questions a thing. There's something different about Pesgan city and whatever it is, it wasn't in the disclaimer.

City of Mist - What is it?City of Mist is a PBTA system where player characters are ordinary people who happen to be something called a 'Rift'. Rifts are people who have realized that they are/in possession of a legendary/mythological/folklore/urban legend, whether you're the reincarnation of Excalibur, Fenrir, Little Red Riding Hood or maybe your family just happens to have Tonbogiri, Mjölnir or the boots of Spring-Heeled Jack as an heirloom. Either way, you possess something that lets you see through the titular Mist, a veil that shields the people of Pesgan city from their supernatural origins and the fantastical world around them by wiping their memories or altering their perception of reality.

You can find the free Starter Set for City of Mist here, though it doesn't contain character creation rulesets or playbooks it will give you an idea as to how the City of Mist plays.

I'm currently looking for people who would be interested in playing City of Mist (or possibly someone interested in Co-Dming) as a list of back-up players and with their interested mythoi (legend/myth/folklore/etc) so I know how I can potentially work them into the game. If enough players express interest, I might look into setting up a second story arc/plotline to accommodate the other crew.

ApplicationCharacter Concept: Name/Age/Occupation are the minimal details I'd like to see, lowest age for a character I'll accept is 16.
Mythoi: (Currently taken Mythoi are The Rakshasi, The Valravn, Hades & Marduk)
Additional: (Got a Spotify playlist you think would work for the character? Any additional details? Something specific you'd like to include/ask? A secret'd secret you'd like to show me and only me? Anything, really.)

For anybody who has access to the City of Mist player guide and/or Original rulebook, please note that player characters will be starting at the 'Borderliner' tier of Rift, your lives will still be weighing more on the mundane than the fantastical at the start.

I am no longer accepting applications.

Current Roster
PlayerMythoi
KerchunkMarduk
PhettbergThe Rakshasi
GravityWolfThe Valravn
Vulco1John Henry
YsoldeManāt

Last edited by Marshmallow; 04-17-2019 at 08:05 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 07:10 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Done.

Last edited by Marshmallow; 04-06-2019 at 09:06 PM.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:19 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 467
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
Is it okay to post a full character sheet, with mechanics? Or are you just looking for a quick outline?
Old 04-06-2019, 10:58 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiya View Post
Is it okay to post a full character sheet, with mechanics? Or are you just looking for a quick outline?
Full charactersheet works, too.
Old 04-06-2019, 11:42 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
ApplicationName: Jennifer Locksley
Mythos: Robin Hood
Logos: Bankrupt heir turned gang leader

Last edited by Kaiya; 04-06-2019 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:00 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1708
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
I really wanna get into Powered By The Apocalypse, you ok with a newbie?
Old 04-07-2019, 08:06 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
ApplicationName: Jennifer Locksley
Mythos: Robin Hood
Logos: Bankrupt heir turned gang leader

Okay, so something I should have stated is that everyone is starting at Borderliner level, so your character would still be fairly mundane, but all that would really need is you to switch-out either your Subversion or Expression.

I'm also a bit weary on the power tag of Miraculously sneak in and out of anywhere, but it might just be the use of the word 'miraculously' that puts me off.
Old 04-07-2019, 12:18 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Okay, so something I should have stated is that everyone is starting at Borderliner level, so your character would still be fairly mundane, but all that would really need is you to switch-out either your Subversion or Expression.
Okay. I suppose I can switch out Bow and Staff for some more mundane combat skills.

Quote:
I'm also a bit weary on the power tag of Miraculously sneak in and out of anywhere, but it might just be the use of the word 'miraculously' that puts me off.
It's copied word for word from the core book. This is one of the game's own examples of a Subversion tag.
Old 04-07-2019, 02:04 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Okay. I suppose I can switch out Bow and Staff for some more mundane combat skills.
Aye, I wasn't having a go at your or nothing, I'm just weary on using the term 'miraculously', in context of the mythos it makes sense and all.
Old 04-08-2019, 10:12 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Added the list of current players, this could potentially change within the coming week though.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:41 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 613
Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1 Vulco1
I would be interested in going on the backup list. I’ll work something up and apply for that.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:51 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulco1 View Post
I would be interested in going on the backup list. I’ll work something up and apply for that.
Aight that's no problem, my dude, personally, I like to encourage people to try and dig up some underused stuff as the current crew have with the Rakshi and Valravn.
Old 04-08-2019, 11:09 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton
Old 04-09-2019, 09:15 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Marshmallow; 04-09-2019 at 09:17 AM.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:46 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 417
Konton Konton Konton Konton Konton