RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-17-2019, 11:03 AM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3150
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Talanna You mentioned:
Quote:
Starting Wealth: 6,000g. No single item over 2,000g.
If crafting, would you allow us to create items that cost us no more than 2000g to create, but might have a sale price greater than that?
Old 04-17-2019, 05:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3015
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
WIP Application
Vaki
sheet

Race: Vanara Sex: Male Class: Brawler (Snakebite Striker) 1, Fighter (Brawler) 3Age: 24 Height: 5’4” Weight: 135

Description
Vaki’s long thick mane of raven blue hair, with streaks of green, encompasses his head, jawline and cheeks while obscuring his leaf shaped ears. His arms, legs and torso, covered in soft lightly colored sea blue fur, marbled with raven blue spots, are comparable to a small human, a few inches over five feet. His movements are strong and simple with an distinguishable gait due to his hand-like feet. He has a soft, breathy voice with a slight hoo sound following the end of most sentences. His visible skin, promoted by his long fingers, palms, finger-like toes, soles of his feet, a triangle face comprising of a flat nose, short bridge rounded tip and wide nostrils, and protruding muzzle with a wide mouth, is dark fiery orange. He has almond shaped pale green eyes that gaze curiously out from underneath thick bushy eyebrows. Vaki, on a non-fishing day, emits an odd aroma of mint with a hint of honeydew. Buttery colored ribbons of various lengths flow from his head, weapons and clothing.

Personality
Vaki is unpredictable, whimsical, mischievous as well as loyal and kind. He has no issues challenging authority or traditions but will only do so in the least disruptive manner. Rules were made to be broken. Vaki has a compulsive nature to confess bad thoughts that pop into his head. This rational has him believing others need to confess their own thoughts and will offer his ear. Vaki is bluntly honest, does not hide anything and will annoying ask multiple questions when a person appears to be in discomfort about an idea, action or belief. This is not out of malice but out of an extreme curiosity.

Questions
Why does Vaki seek the skymetal? He seeks skymetal because it is there, it is rare, having some will provide him with even more freedom and those in the government will want it. Also it would be a grand adventure.
Why is Vaki in Riddleport? He is a sailor and fisherman and this is where he last came to port. Opportunity allowed him to build his own boat and here he stayed.
How does Vaki feel about the rumors of Devil’s Elbow? He is very curious and would love to explore. He has been waiting for the right opportunity.

Ten Minute Background

Last edited by Kshnik; 04-21-2019 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:45 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 357
Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf
Could I ask about where most combat would be taking place? I don't want to make a cavalier on a large mount and then end up indoors all the time unable to use my mount for example.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 337
Talanna Talanna Talanna Talanna
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshnik View Post
Oh. Thought by app description it starts at a port town there would be lots of water. I can go a different race no problem.
I didn't mean to dissuade you from using the race. It does start in a port town but I was just giving a heads up that the majority of the adventure doesn't involve heavy interaction with the sea or aquatic combat. I was just warning you away from focusing on that aspect of the race, unless you want to play the "fish out of water" so to speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fwalin McFundin View Post
Interested. Are you allowing Gunslinger?
Yes. Technically, this adventure came out prior to the addition of guns and the gunslinger so there isn't any support for it. That being said, Riddleport is one of the most fitting places for guns to exist, at least in my opinion. They won't be common by any means, so I would recommend being somewhat self sufficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totentanzen View Post
Well dang, this sounds pretty good. I am going to download the players guide and get a feel for the setting a bit more. Posting interest.

Question, Would you allow the summoner? If so are you ok with the synthesist archtype?
Yes, but the application would be held to a little bit of a higher standard. Admittedly, I do that with all the more exotic races or classes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rain View Post
If crafting, would you allow us to create items that cost us no more than 2000g to create, but might have a sale price greater than that?
No pre-game crafting please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banewolf View Post
Could I ask about where most combat would be taking place? I don't want to make a cavalier on a large mount and then end up indoors all the time unable to use my mount for example.
A lot of the first chapter is spent outside exploring an island, so you would probably be fine there but if we are taking the adventure as a whole into account, then focusing on a mount would probably not be ideal. There are a few exceptions, such as a small sized cavalier with a medium sized mount.
Old 04-18-2019, 12:53 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13116
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
left-aligned image

Hevem
Gnome, Male, Early Sixties
Alchemist ClassAlchemy Enthusiast , skill monkey, disable device, UMD, stealth etcMaster of Obscure Mechanics, Ranged support via bombs and crossbowMaker of things that go boom

Character Sheet: WIP

Description:
While Hevem is nothing special as far as gnomes go, he is certain to leave a memorable impression upon those that have interacted with him, but we will get to that in a bit. At first glance Hevem is typical in many regards with his shorter stature and exaggerated features that one might expect, and while his hair hangs loosely to his shoulder blades is bland blond his facial hair is quite on point and has a bushy set of eyebrows over wide blue eyes. Even his clothing choices are rather tame, all things considering, with muted earthy tones and leather being his favorite choices which are often accompanied by a selection of worn gold accents to add just the punch of interest. Its more his mannerisms that make him stand out to others with an almost constant movement, foot to foot, up and down, fingers drumming, arm rubbing, you name it, its like he has more energy than he knows what to do with like some sort of nervous squirrel with a tick. Some find the amount of energy and movement dizzying, others find it exhausting wondering what he is going to do next, either way it is definitely one of his more defining characteristics.

Personality:
Ooo something shiny....is probably the simplest way of looking at Hevem as he appears to be side tracked by all sorts of things that come into his field of vision but he is actually quite good at multi tasking and is capable of doing what he is doing and focusing on about a dozen other things to boot. Ever the optimist he rarely admits defeat and has a habit of making everything seem fairly exciting, even when it shouldn't be. He likes big splashy effects, surprises and sparkly shiny things, cause who doesn't like those. His ideas while mostly grounded and accomplish able can at times be more complicated or interesting than they needs to be, but that is largely him trying to add a little spice to things, and if somebody has an easier way of doing it he will go along with their idea with maybe a few refinements. Otherwise he loves to gamble, drink, feast and celebrate just about any event that can be celebrated. He is free with his coins, confident that more are just around the corner, and people trust that he won't try and stab them in the back, though he might accidentally singe you.

What/Why/How?:
Hevem has no need of a ton of skymetal but a small piece of it would be an awesome reminder of an epic quest, and the center piece of stories he could tell others over drinks and feasting, for there would definitely be feasting after such an adventure. Having already been in Riddleport for near on a decade, more than few of had the pleasure (or misfortune) have having run into Hevem, or have heard stories of him possibly depending on they move in. The idea that the Devil's Elbow (who come sup with these names) is cursed or haunted, is awesome though he suspects its just somebody playing a trick on others, buts its a fine trick to be sure.

Character Questions: (Feel free to put this behind a spoiler tag - that way the world doesn’t have to see it, if they want to retain a little mystery. We’re following the basic 10 minute background, with some changes.)

Old 04-18-2019, 12:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1173
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talanna View Post
A lot of the first chapter is spent outside exploring an island, so you would probably be fine there but if we are taking the adventure as a whole into account, then focusing on a mount would probably not be ideal. There are a few exceptions, such as a small sized cavalier with a medium sized mount.
I’d suggest beast rider cavalier. Gotta get that climb speed.

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; 04-18-2019 at 12:16 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 01:06 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 357
Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf Banewolf
Skivven
right-aligned image
Name: Skivven

Race: Ratfolk

Character Class: Alchemist (Plague bringer archetype)

Character Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=80227

Description: Skivven stands at but a cut below 4 foot tall, with a slim and wiry figure that has come to be expected of ratfolk. This figure is covered from head to toe with short, rough, hazelnut brown fur save for the snout, claws, and bottoms of his feet. Of course, this figure is often covered up by the robes of a doctor, and the snout is half-covered with the long-beaked mask from the same profession that is filled with the most wonderful herbs and chemicals. Behind the darkened lenses of this mask are emerald green eyes, constantly darting to-and-fro, observing all there is to observe in a room. His paws picked up the unfortunate association with them, featuring an obsession with picking up just about anything that's not pinned down and looking at it from all angles. Additionally, if one were to look closely at the palms of his hands they would notice a myriad of chemical burns and telltale scars of many different diseases.

Personality: Skivven is a helpful, if slightly questionable, soul, whose manner can discomfort many. Between his profession in deliberately giving minor infections to the disadvantaged of Riddleport as a form of inoculation to strengthen them when the eventual (and far worse) disease thunders through their communities, and the slightly disconcerting mask over his face, it could even be hard to trust him. Of course, once you get past the initial and repulsive veneer, he is as good a man (rat?) as any other doctor trying to help people for even a few coppers. Of course, those who can afford it will pay a premium for his services should they come to him. Some might say that the practice of cultivating diseases in vials to be evil or deranged, but to him it is simply what is necessary and right, morals should not get in the way of logic after all. At least that's what he tells himself as he offers treatment to the poor, free of charge. Deep down, there is a definite care for those less privileged, those who came from where he too emerged.

In general, he will be rather trusting of others until they give him a reason not to. Most often this decision will be made when he requests that anybody visiting his clinic puts any weapons into a box at the door. Those who refuse often find themselves on the receiving end of a stronger dosage of disease than they might have been coming in for. The first cut generally dissuades any would-be thief or mugger though, it's hardly worth the slashed muscles and intense pain that a doctor would know how to inflict upon them for a few gold coins and some bandages, especially when there are easier targets with the same thing.

Though he has never been a true fighter, Skivven has on a few occasions charged into a dark alley to break up a fight, drive away a corrupt guard, or make a mugger suffer for their poor choices. A few of these times, he's come out worse than the other man, but it usually lets the victim escape safely as he takes the beating. None of these scars, bruises, and broken bones have stopped this behaviour just yet, some might even think the blows to the head have made him a bit foolhardier.

What/Why/How?: Skivven seeks the skymetal for he has heard rumours of one distinct type of it: Feverstone. Said to sicken those near it, it is simply a fascinating subject for a doctor, especially when there's the possibility that, if kept on one's person in small amounts, it could keep the body on high alert and drive away disease. Or at least that's his theory. He had already been in Riddleport for quite some time, having grown up amidst a warren of his own kind before becoming the physician he is today. As for the rumours of the Elbow's haunting? Skivven is logical enough, and when there is evidence of the walking dead and spirits walking among man... He doubts it not.

Character Questions:

Last edited by Banewolf; 04-30-2019 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2448
Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin Fwalin McFundin
Lyla
right-aligned image

Lyla Fireheart
LG Dwarf Female, 65
Gunslinger 4
"You want powder. You have 10 gold. You have got to be joking."
Lyla is a slight figure for a female dwarf, and could be mistaken for a halfling if it were not for the fine downy hair on her face.. She is 4'0" tall, with reddish brown hair and a voluptuous figure. She habitually carries a matching set of rapier and main gauche and wears tight leather trousers, gauntlets and boots and a reinforced tunic bearing the burning heart of her clan badge in red on a dark blue background . When she is ready for war she carries a musket, and when she is in a good mood she carries a violin. She moves with a fluidity that is rare in one of her race, and has an elfin beauty which disarms those who meet her.

Personality:
Lyla is a driven individual has shown herself to be a pleasant companion, though focused on her work more than on making personal relationships. She loves all aspects of engineering and has made a living in Riddleport as an engineer and crafter for the past 2 years. She is a quiet individual who rarely smiles, laughs or jokes when working though she enjoys playing her fiddle and teaching big folk how to dance like the Folk do.
Lyla follows the Code of the Folk; the Folk are there to serve and protect so always works to pay her way. She is a typical Dwarf – doughty, hard to know and selfless. She is determined to control her fate but will abide by the Law. There is no other way. The Code means that she will always face down those who are acting to hurt the innocent and weak whatever the consequences for herself.

What/Why/How?:
Lyla has an engineers interest in skymetal but has no real desire to find any. She does, however, want to make sure that it does not fall into the hands of the lawless so she will make her way to search for it. Having already been in Riddleport for two years, she is known to those in the town as an engineer who has a wide range of crafting skills, and who is deadly with sword or her musket (a Dwarven invention she is tight-lipped about). She has worked in the Gas Forges, and has made some useful contacts with the Order of Cyphers by working for them crafting items. The idea that the Devil's Elbow is cursed or haunted is not something that concerns her, unless it turns out to be true in which case she needs to protect the local humans from whatever is in there.

Character Questions:

Last edited by Fwalin McFundin; 04-23-2019 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:38 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
I'm interested, but I might need a while to come up with a concept.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:11 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3015
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talanna View Post
I didn't mean to dissuade you from using the race. It does start in a port town but I was just giving a heads up that the majority of the adventure doesn't involve heavy interaction with the sea or aquatic combat. I was just warning you away from focusing on that aspect of the race, unless you want to play the "fish out of water" so to speak.
No biggie. Found the Vanara race and developed character from there. Application basically done. Just need to fine tune things.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:24 PM
Neighborhood Mind Flayer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3150
Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain Silent Rain
@Talanna, would you mind giving my app a once over when you get a chance?
Old 04-19-2019, 12:23 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 409
MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise MurderInParidise
Akorian Nader
"I'm no hero."
AkorianName: Akorian Nader.
Race: Human (Middle Aged.)
Class: Monk.
Alignment: LN.
Character Sheet:https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=80235Akorian
Description/Personality: Akorian is a stout balding man with green eyes. His face is just beginning to wrinkle around his mouth, showing smile lines. He doesn't dress in typical monastic garments, preferring common clothes, or the clothes of his profession. Regardless of what he happens to be wearing, he never forgets to put on his lucky Cap, Buffering. A magic item, woohoo!cap, the last gift he ever received from his dad.
What/Why/How?: Akorian Nader is a lonely baker in Riddleport, he has few friends and family. His father was an adventuring wizard who was obsessed with the ancient civilizations of Azlant and Thassalon, and spent his whole life travelling around searching for new knowledge. He even named his son Akorian after a It could have meant something utterly foolish for all Nader SR knew...name he found scrawled in a preserved Azlanti notebook. Young Akorian rarely saw his father, but when he did he heard amazing stories of a time before his. His father was slain in an ancient ruin, and it tore his family apart. The unfortunate wizard Nader's wife became obsessed with keeping her son safe, while his son vowed never to be like him, to never rip apart a family like that.
He opened a bakery when he was 21, and managed to improve his mother's mental health a bit. Life was turning up for him, until a few years later when his mother was brutally murdered by a serial killer. Akorian has tried his best to remain a good person since her death, but his pessimistic outlook on life and his tendency to dwell on the past has stopped him from having too many friends in Riddleport. His only friend is his cousin Misha in Cheliax.
Recently the falling star shook him out of the gloom he's been living in for the past 20 or so years. It reawakened the childlike wonder that his father had instilled in him about the past at a young age. His father had always insisted that the ancients were destroyed by a falling star, and all the stories were not forgotten. Although Akorian hasn't fully forgiven his father for dying and leaving him and his mother behind, this old baker cannot resist the temptation to see what the island holds. Akorian isn't interested in being an adventurer, not at all. However, if someone is in danger, he will be the first to run into battle and the last to retreat. His need for everyone to be safe may just get him into more trouble than going to see a fallen star ever could.
As for the rumours of the island being haunted? Akorian doesn't believe in ghosts. After his father's death, he had to learn quickly that death is forever, and that he would never see his beloved father ever again.

Last edited by MurderInParidise; 04-29-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2960
Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers
Fantastic. I have started my application and will get it posted once it has some bones.
Cissa Corvidae

Name: Cissa Corvidae
Race: Human
Character Class: Bard, Sandman archtype

Description/Personality: Cissa is a lean man standing just over 6 feet tall. He prefers to dress in the finest clothing and can usually be seen in the latest fashion carrying his signature sword-cane and top hat. Cissa is a social man but has trained extensively at the sword. Cissa has dark hair and brilliant green eyes (which the ladies seem to love). He enjoys the finer things in life and tends to spend a good portion of his time either carousing or running from a problem his carousing has caused.

Last edited by Whispers; 04-23-2019 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:41 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2601
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Old 04-23-2019, 08:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13600
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Posting interest. The first app that has really caught my attention in a very long time. I'll have a character ready when I get back to my pc after a short out of town jaunt. Two or three days most likely. By the way, my response was more squee-worthy than cringe-worthy. Creative writing is the soul of PbP for me.