Notices

Old 08-17-2019, 03:24 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 73
VoskaVixen
A Challenger Approaches

Hello there! You can call me Vixen for short, I am a 19 year old student who has been interested in Dungeons and Dragons for several years, but have only now had the courage to play. My interested started after seeing the game on 'The Big Bang Theory' and after watching several YouTube videos and podcasts such as Critical Role and The Adventure Zone, I was hooked!

My favourite races that I've seen so far are Elfs and Tieflings and I am interested in the Barbarian, Wizard and Druid classes!
Old 08-17-2019, 03:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16800
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

Dont worry about being new, we were all newbies once! Well except for Admin Dirk, he came out of the womb with his Basic Set etched on stone tablets.

You should head on over and sign up for a new player solo game! You'll select your system and be assigned your own private GM/Mentor to show you the ropes and run your first adventure with you. I can't recomend them to you highly enough!

Until your name makes it to the top of the waitlist, I suggest you go out and mingle! Find some forum games on the open roleplay tab, greet other fellow newbies, or head over the general discussion tab and give us your two cents on a number of topics!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 08-17-2019, 04:43 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VoskaVixen
Ahh thank you! c:

I've went and signed up for a solo game, looking forward to hitting the top of that list!
Old 08-17-2019, 05:44 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Eleishar
As a Vixen You should probably check Kitsune
Old 08-17-2019, 07:30 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 57787
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

Glad you found the courage to play! It really doesn't take much courage, I think you will say to yourself "Dang, I should have done this years ago. It's easy!!" (and fun, of course).

Glad you have ideas already, hope you have fun playing them!

happy gaming!
Old 08-17-2019, 07:31 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 57787
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Welcome to the club chummer!

Dont worry about being new, we were all newbies once! Well except for Admin Dirk, he came out of the womb with his Basic Set etched on stone tablets.
This is not true!

There was no stone yet, the primordial lava had not yet cooled, when I started gaming.
Old 08-18-2019, 02:20 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20396
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning VoskaVixen,

- how did you come up with such an intriguing username? -
Welcome over here and cool that you signed up. Hehe, that episode of Big Bang Theory is legendary, I think there are more scenes referring to D&D though? ('everyone is playing D&D' and the one Leonard DM-ed a story with the voice of De Niro')(( am rusty so I might be wrong here).
Anywayyyyyyy, has someone recommended to check out the New Player Solo Games yet?
Have you already decided what mechanics and/or system of roleplay you are going to use????

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ taken the Oath of Sangus ~
Old 08-19-2019, 05:13 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 123
Aotyr Aotyr
Hiya Vixen!

Tiefling's an awesome race to play, though Kitsune are pretty great too. But have you considered.. Changeling, a la Ebberon's flavor?

My favorite race. They're the best. YouCan'tChangeMyMind.meme ¬.¬

Welcome aboard! Here's to years of future gaming, fond memories and vivid imagination being indulged!
Old 08-21-2019, 10:47 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VoskaVixen
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocoladevla View Post
Goodmorning VoskaVixen,

- how did you come up with such an intriguing username? -
Welcome over here and cool that you signed up. Hehe, that episode of Big Bang Theory is legendary, I think there are more scenes referring to D&D though? ('everyone is playing D&D' and the one Leonard DM-ed a story with the voice of De Niro')(( am rusty so I might be wrong here).
Anywayyyyyyy, has someone recommended to check out the New Player Solo Games yet?
Have you already decided what mechanics and/or system of roleplay you are going to use????
Good afternoon! (or possibly morning, depending on where you are I suppose... )

Ah! Well, I've always really loved foxes, and I think they are a pretty cool animal hence the 'Vixen'
part, and 'Voska' is a variant to the Russian word Toska which roughly translates to nostalgia!

There are a whole bunch of scenes referring to D&D (I love them all!) and yes! I've signed up for the 5e New Player Solo Games, which i'm really looking forward to playing! I'm definitely more for the Roleplay over Mathematics so I've heard 5e would be better suited.
Old 08-21-2019, 10:49 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VoskaVixen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleishar View Post
As a Vixen You should probably check Kitsune
Oooooh! I shall definitely check them out now!!
Old 08-21-2019, 10:51 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
VoskaVixen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aotyr View Post
Tiefling's an awesome race to play, though Kitsune are pretty great too. But have you considered.. Changeling, a la Ebberon's flavor?

My favorite race. They're the best. YouCan'tChangeMyMind.meme ¬.¬

Welcome aboard! Here's to years of future gaming, fond memories and vivid imagination being indulged!
Oooh! I'm actually just after looking them up, and I have to say that looks like an awesome race to play as!
Old 08-21-2019, 09:39 PM
Just learning to lose.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6068
Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast Mal Radagast

Nostalgia Vixen? Is that a nod to Lindsay Ellis?

“The last thing he ever said to me was, 'Just always be waiting for me, and then some night you will hear me crowing.”