Sweet little pixie looking for a new home - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Players Seeking Games
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Dec 3rd, 2021, 07:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1680
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Sweet little pixie looking for a new home

Hey all. There's a game I had played which lasted nearly two years but had petered out, seemingly partly from player wane in interest and also due to the GM not having time. But in any case, I really had fun with the concept of the character that I played and I was hoping to bring her back in some fashion.

As the title says, she is a pixie. Here is Phoebe's picture.

The idea behind this character is heavily nature-oriented. Phoebe lives in a small tribe of other pixies. They don't believe in material possessions, try to disturb the environment as little as possible, and abhor metallic objects. They never even make fire. So from a mechanical standpoint, if Phoebe continues living up to that standard (and she will) it means no weapons, no armor, no tools, no items, no currency. Zilch.

As you could probably imagine, Phoebe is extremely naive about most things, unless they relate directly to nature. Honestly, she's not really an effective character, but I enjoy her just for the RP and helping out in whatever other ways she can manage. I had her built as a sorcerer, with a modified homebrew list, but basically all her spells had to be nature-themed and overall harmless.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the read and the picture. If you happen to have a game or setting where you would wish to have Phoebe tagging along with the party, for whatever reason, please let me know and I'd be happy to RP her.

edit: alternatively, even a solo game could be fun

Last edited by DrowNinjaPrincess; Dec 3rd, 2021 at 09:12 PM.
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 05:06 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 278
PsychicNomad PsychicNomad PsychicNomad
So, she plays no musical instruments, and uses no cooking / eating equipment, either? Absolutely nothing?
Old Dec 5th, 2021, 08:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess DrowNinjaPrincess
Yeah, that is correct. Singing and dancing is a thing, of course, and her diet would be all vegetarian, preferring fruits, some nuts, and sometimes other parts of plants (think herbs and vegetables) if it would not hurt it too much.
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 11:41 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 255
The Pirate Batman The Pirate Batman The Pirate Batman
For what system? What are you looking for from a game? Challenge? Romance? Mystery? Slice-of-Life? Does she have goals or desires? Is she corruptible, either out of desire or naivety?
Old Dec 27th, 2021, 06:06 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pirate Batman View Post
For what system? What are you looking for from a game? Challenge? Romance? Mystery? Slice-of-Life? Does she have goals or desires? Is she corruptible, either out of desire or naivety?
Hello, and thanks for visiting! Let's see, I'll try to answer all of these...

System? 3.5 and pathfinder are my favorites, and they emulate the disadvantages quite well. I don't really like 5e, and 4e is just a myth that doesn't exist. Though I suppose a freeform game could also work, so long as we are coherent about things.

Challenge? In a way, yes. Some things like fighting would be extremely difficult, or just impossible. Other tasks or challenges which might be made easy with rope, lockpicks, or even just a knife, may also fare the same way and require only what is given me and lots of creativity. Other things, like hiding, influencing a person, or surviving in the wilderness may be easy.

Romance? Uh.. wasn't specifically seeking it, but a playful little side plot might be fun.

Mystery? Well yes, mysteries are always fun!

Slice-of-life? It would be interesting to peer into her day to day life and her thoughts, but we definitely need more.

Overall, what am I looking for? It's.. kind of hard to say. You have touched on a lot of pillars already. If we were to look at the list of four types of players:
Socializers :yes
Explorers: when curiosity piques
Achievers: not really
Killers: no

Looking at typical big 16s:
hack & slash: would be avoided, but dangerous situations could still be fun to flee from, overcome in unconventional ways, or maybe even lose to (assuming death isn't the result)
puzzle solving: fun
roleplaying: fun

I think I just really loved the character, and maybe I just want to live vicariously though her again. There's not really any win conditions. ...I don't know what else to say. But I hope that helps.

Does she have goals or desires? I would have to honestly say, not really. She's pretty much immortal and would prefer to live as she is until the end of time. However! I think this is where storytelling elements of other players and the DM come in. She could actually learn more about her world and become less naive, and I think outside influences would give her other goals and desires, even if only temporarily.

Is she corruptible, either out of desire or naivety? Don't think so. I think if anything, there is a code of conduct she would always strive to follow, either passed down by her kin and/or just ingrained into her mind. Perhaps like in some folk tales they say that Fey cannot lie. Originally, due to her bubbly and energetic personality, I thought she was more chaotic aligned, but upon further examination of her values and the principles she follows, Phoebe is actually very lawful.