Game Thread Bk 1, Ch 1: Burnt Offerings, Pt 1: Festival and Fire - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Rise of the Runelords -Aniversary Edition
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 04:40 PM
UncaJJ's Avatar
UncaJJ UncaJJ is offline
god-King of GM brutality
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 18th, 2021
RPXP: 1701
UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ
Posts: 3,496
AS THE SUN BEGINS TO SETJust before lunch begins, Elenion and Estella are joined Taika, Nevin and Onyx, who is relieved to be back with his mistress. Everyone enjoys the food and drink, particularly the former for Lanna and Kneecap, who goes back a few times to get samples of the Winterdrop Mead. Elenion leads the girls directly to Ameiko's booth and introduces them, earning himself a HUGE eyeroll from the owner of The Rusty Dragon at the sight of two women with him. Everyone in both groups enjoy the plentiful food offered by the various inns. Onyx particularly enjoys the large serving of curry salmon that Ameiko prepares especially for the familiar. Lunch is punctuated by butterflies getting into everything.

As the afternoon winds on, everyone enjoys more of the festival, seeing sights they didn't before, or talking pleasantly with one another. As the light starts to fade a little, lanterns and torches are lit all over the town and the bell ringing heralds walk through the street again, announcing the impending consecration ceremony.

It seems like the entire town tries to fit into the square in front of the Cathedral for the consecration. As a result, you are forced towards the north side of the square, near the cart from The Rusty Dragon. Ameiko appears to be elsewhere though. The square is filled with the buzzing of conversation as the sun's setting rays paint the western sky.

Suddenly, A sharp retort, like the crack of distant thunder, slices through the excited crowd. A stray dog that has crawled under a nearby wagon to sleep starts awake, and the buzz of everyone's conversations quickly hushes as all heads turn toward the central podium, where a beaming Father Zantus has taken the stage. He clears his throat, takes a breath to speak, and suddenly a woman's scream slices through the air.

A few moments later, another scream rises, then another. Beyond them, a sudden surge of strange new voices rises high-pitched, tittering shrieks that sound not quite human . The crowd parts and something low to the ground races by, giggling with disturbing glee as the stray dog gives a pained yelp and then collapses with a gurgle, its throat cut open from ear to ear.

secret for anyone who makes DC12 perception in my secret thread roll, oh wait! That's everyone!"You look where the dog has died, and you can see what killed it. A single goblin, licking the blood from its dogslicer as it looks excitedly at the crowd, seeking out a new target.

As blood pools around the dead dog's head, the raucous sound of a strange song begins, chanted from shrill, scratchy voices.
Singing♪♫Goblins chew and goblins bite
Goblins cut and goblins fight
Stab the dog and cut the horse
Goblins eat and take by force!♫♪

♪♫Goblins race and goblins jump
Goblins slash and goblins bump
Burn the skin and mash the head
Goblins here and you be dead♫♪

♪♫Chase the baby, catch the pup
Bonk the head to shut it up
Bones be cracked, flesh be stewed
We be goblins! You be FOOD!♫♪


The townsfolk panic and start to flee the square in every direction, One man tries to push between Estella and Elenion and spills his entire plate of food down the side of her beautiful robes.

Two more goblins join the one that killed the dog and stare at the adventurers, giggling madly and stroking their dogslicers.


OOCYay combat!
Roll in the dice thread, init greater than 16 can act now, otherwise just RP preparing yourself!
__________________
5 People working/schooling from home makes for no time for fun. (2020/04/02)
Come play in Tug of War
UncaJJ's baby Sarosian Sig updated 2013-03-20

Last edited by UncaJJ; Apr 9th, 2013 at 04:45 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 07:55 PM
OllieNorth's Avatar
OllieNorth OllieNorth is offline
Iran-Contra what?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2018
RPXP: 6474
OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth
Posts: 5,399
Urko

"WHAT?! Dirtgrubbers here?!" He notices his spilled beer and turns beet red above his beard. "AND I SPILLED MY ALEEEEEEEEE!"

Howling, the dwarf barrels towards the northernmost goblin, unslinging his axe and lashing out with a wicked looping swing, looking to cleave the little creature's head from its shoulders.

 


UncaJJ EDIT: fixed initiative in stat block

Last edited by UncaJJ; Apr 9th, 2013 at 09:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 08:47 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Taika (Nevin)

"Goblins!" Taika raises her hands, but the goblins were too quick for her reaction.

Nevin remained high on Taika's shoulders, above the goblins.


 

Last edited by TheMystic; Apr 9th, 2013 at 08:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 09:42 PM
jaredh's Avatar
jaredh jaredh is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 19th, 2019
RPXP: 1524
jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh
Posts: 1,686
Lanna

Lanna saw the goblins and immediately removed her Earth Breaker from her back, watching carefully and preparing her move.

 


UncaJJ Edit: Fixed initiative in stat block

Last edited by UncaJJ; Apr 12th, 2013 at 10:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 10:18 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Elenion Valdemar

His keen elf-blooded senses making what happened to the dog all too clear to him, Elenion, of all people, was momentarily at a loss for words. Recoiling with a look of alarm and disgust, the rogue seemed momentarily torn between the dueling instincts of fight and flight, deciding against some sort of fighting retreat only when it became clear that there were others amongst even the panicked crowd who were willing to stand and fight. There were five of them, then, to the goblin's three, what should be an easy fight.

Looking over both shoulders to make sure they weren't being surrounded as he reached for his rapier, he dryly remarked to Estella. "The goblins first, if you could. The man with the plate can wait."

 
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 12:31 AM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
Estella Porazio

"AAAAAAAAAAH!" The wizard let out an ear piercing scream, if not a little late. But instead of looking at the goblins, she was looking at her own attire. "My robe! My beautiful, beautiful robe!" She mourned for her shiny blue robe. Elenion was right that there were five of them standing, but the half-elf was sadly mistaken if he thought Estella was standing to fight the goblins. "Ugh! Do they know hard it is to get food spill out of this robe!? Sorry, Elenion dear. My robe can't wait!" The dress maker said as she started fighting the stain on her robe.

 

Last edited by Fon; Apr 10th, 2013 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Forgot to link to the dice thread
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 10:46 AM
UncaJJ's Avatar
UncaJJ UncaJJ is offline
god-King of GM brutality
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 18th, 2021
RPXP: 1701
UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ
Posts: 3,496
Initial Assault - Round 1

As the goblins giggle at you, the one on the right suddenly notices the plate of Curry Salmon on the cart next to him and he shoves some into his mouth and some into his pockets. Thanks to this, he doesn't see Urko charge at him, hence he had no warning as the dwarf's waraxe splits him in two.

The middle goblin reacts by jumping on the cart and swinging his dogslicer at the hated dwarf, 5 Damagestriking him on the shoulder.

The goblin on the left moves swiftly around the table and swings his blade at Lanna, 3 Damage, just missed crit by 1!scoring a direct hit on her side.

Out from under the cart pops another goblin, its mouth full of food. It giggles and scampers over to Urko, but it's crude weapon is deflected by the dwarf's mail.

OOCHere's the order. If you post before someone higher in the order than you, give some options on what you do please.

Urko - 17
Goblins - 16 (6)

Elenion - 16 (4)
Taika - 16 (1)
Lanna - 14
Estella - 11

Make sure to make all your rolls in the dice thread and link it in your thread.
Don't edit dice posts, if something is wrong, create a new post saying what is wrong and create the correct rolls.
jaredh: you had your initiative wrong in your stat block (16 when you rolled a 14)
OllieNorth: you did also… (1?!?!? when you got a 17)
__________________
5 People working/schooling from home makes for no time for fun. (2020/04/02)
Come play in Tug of War
UncaJJ's baby Sarosian Sig updated 2013-03-20

Last edited by UncaJJ; Apr 12th, 2013 at 10:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 09:32 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Elenion Valdemar

Watching the unfamiliar dwarf barrel into the biggest knot of the goblins, Elenion was spurred on to action, both inspired by the dwarf's courage and driven by a guilty need to somehow protect the stranger from the consequences of his selfless but reckless act. The warrior needed some help against the more numerous goblins, to be sure, but Elenion was no fighter himself, not the type to charge headlong into battle. The Shoanti woman with the massive hammer was clearly busy with a goblin of her own right now, however capable she looked, and Elenion had no idea what the wizard or wizards among their number might be capable of doing. The nature of magic being what it was, spellcasters either tended to dramatically influence the course of conflict or do barely anything at all, or at least so Elenion had been told. At the very least, Elenion wasn't entirely sure whether Estella knew any spells useful for combat rather than tailoring, and whether the young woman he had seen earlier was some sort of wizard at all or just some noblewoman with more nerves than sense of self preservation. No, the only assistance that he could guarantee the dwarf would have to come from his own two hands, either in the form of a weapon or perhaps as a bit of lateral thinking.

Turning back around and breaking into a run, Elenion ran around the table and away from the fight, knowing full well how ridiculous he looked but grimly intent on his course of action. Grabbing a partially eaten plate of food from the large wooden table, the half-elf the turned tightly around the table and back towards the rear of the fighting, with an intent if perhaps slightly amused and embarrassed look on his face. Dancing around and behind the lone goblin trying to stab the barbarian woman, he slid into place directly behind what seemed to be the more skilled of the goblins facing the dwarf, yelling and hurling the plate of food wildly in an attempt to distract the vicious little humanoid. "Hey! Raaggh!"

As the plate of food skidded and broke harmlesssly on the ground, Elenion suddenly became terribly aware of his own vulnerability, unarmed and cut off from the rest of the party. Hopefully this would be where the dwarf picked things up and continued his earlier work.

 
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead

Last edited by DukeofTuring; Apr 12th, 2013 at 09:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 11:37 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Taika (Nevin)

Oh, what do I do. I prepared my spells for a festival, not a fight. Hmm Taika notes Lanna's Large Hammer, Not much I can do myself, but maybe I can help her. Taika lets off a spell she had been saving to cast one one of the children later. They always loved that, oh well. I hope she doesn't mind The woman begins to grow, eventually doubling in height. "I bet he regrets hitting you now."


 
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
Estella Porazio

Seeing that non-magical means weren't going to cut it, Estella decided that it's time to rely on her spells. "Please keep those ruffians away from me before I can complete my spell!" She said urgently as she moved closer to her group. The wizard then waved her hands as she conjured a POWERFUL, magical......... soap on her dress, before the arcane soap started to scrub away the stain on her robe.

Even Onyx shook her head at her mistress' display.

 
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 02:45 PM
OllieNorth's Avatar
OllieNorth OllieNorth is offline
Iran-Contra what?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2018
RPXP: 6474
OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth
Posts: 5,399
Urko

The spurt of blood from the felled goblin is more than enough to balance out the sting from the other goblin's blade, but the slash will leave a mark. The dwarf is about to strike the northernmost creature when he notices the woefully underarmed half-elf running around behind the other. Muttering under his breath, he hauls his shield around and eyes the now-surrounded goblin.

"Oi friend! Where's yer damn sword? Hope ya brought something to the party!"

As the goblin turns to look over its shoulder, the dwarf uncorks a scything blow with the axe.

 
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 03:08 PM
jaredh's Avatar
jaredh jaredh is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 19th, 2019
RPXP: 1524
jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh
Posts: 1,686
Lanna

"You'll regret that runt" Lanna said in response to the goblin cutting her leg. She started to lift her earth breaker over her head to flatten the goblin...but she suddenly grew much larger.

She had seen such magic used by her tribe's shaman during tribal rituals and had heard it was quite effective in battle, but this would be her first time seeing the results...

Just as Lanna rared back and took a giant swing at the goblin, catching his entire body in the face of her weapon...now bigger than the goblin. The result was notable....the goblin was lifted off the ground and thrown into the air and into the wall of the building behind the cart, his body limp

***I assume 14hp kills it since 9 killed the first one.***

 
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 02:39 PM
UncaJJ's Avatar
UncaJJ UncaJJ is offline
god-King of GM brutality
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 18th, 2021
RPXP: 1701
UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ
Posts: 3,496
Initial Assault - Round 2



Elenion moves swiftly around the battle to distract one of the goblins locked in battle with Urko. The goblin turns slightly at the movement and breaks into maniacal giggles as the he realizes the silly half-elf that is trying to feed it has no weapon ready.

As Taika casts her spell on Lanna, the goblin facing the flame haired woman is shocked. Its eyes grow wide and its mouth gapes open as she grows to fantastic size.

Taika's spell, though it catches Lanna by surprise, is used to great advantage by the barbarian woman. Her gigantic blow neatly flattens the goblin, breaking just about every bone in its body, before flinging it behind Elenion's back and into the wall.

Estella 's robes must be a fantastic, and must have cost her a FORTUNE to make if they are distracting her from the murderous little goblins rampaging around. Luckily the others seem to have the situation well in hand.

Urko lives up to his nickname as one of the goblins facing him turns slightly, its attention on the crazy, unarmed half-elf. He swings his waraxe, chopping the goblin off at the knees like a woodsman with a sapling. The goblin shrieks and falls to the ground unconscious, as its life rapidly flows out through what used to be its legs.

The last remaining goblin stoops to pick up a stray piece of salmon and pop it into its mouth before he swings at Urko, or at least where Urko was before he moved to kill the goblin that was also facing him. His dogslicer swings strongly through the air, striking sparks on the flagstone and bending the tip.


OOCUrko - 17
Goblins - 16 (6)

Elenion - 16 (4)
Taika - 16 (1)
Lanna - 14
Estella - 11

Make sure to make all your rolls in the dice thread and link and summarize them in your mechanics block.
Don't edit dice posts, if something is wrong, create a new post saying what is wrong and create the correct rolls.
__________________
5 People working/schooling from home makes for no time for fun. (2020/04/02)
Come play in Tug of War
UncaJJ's baby Sarosian Sig updated 2013-03-20
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 04:10 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Elenion Valdemar

His lips pursed and a bemused expression across his face as he tried to think of some sort of retort to the dwarf's jibe, Elenion was entirely thrown off when his companion butchered the goblin pinned between them. Splattered by some of the creature's copious blood, the rogue stopped his dancing footwork and froze up for for a heartbeat or two before shaking his head, shuddering, and exhaling heavily as if trying to slough off some heavy emotional burden. That was what he had wanted to happen, of course, what he had helped the dwarf carry out, certainly nothing worse than the vile little being deserved. But to watch the act carried out was such a gruesome sight, to see the jittery little humanoid butchered like an animal not two paces away from himself. It had to be done, he reminded himself, there was no way around it. Judging by the calamity that seemed to have taken hold of the festival, he expected that there were a few other such things that would have to be done by the end of the day.

Stepping gingerly over the remains of Urko's latest kill while taking care not to slip in any of the blood or gore, Elenion drew his rapier and grimly approached the last goblin standing. The others seemed to have that one loose goblin under control, which left just this one to deal with in the immediate future. "Get around its back!" he shouted to the dwarf, entirely aware how odd it was that he was playing the straight man to the usually stoic dwarf. This would all be over soon enough, however slowly time seemed to be flowing, and then things would be back to normal.

Eyeing the last goblin, Elenion lined up a thrust at the repulsive little creature, trying for the vulnerable areas of its neck or gut.

 
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 05:26 PM
UncaJJ's Avatar
UncaJJ UncaJJ is offline
god-King of GM brutality
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 18th, 2021
RPXP: 1701
UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ
Posts: 3,496
Initial Assault - END



Elenion takes a quick step while drawing his weapon and calls out to the dwarf to return the favor of his prior flanking. As he gets into position, he sees the perfect opening and abruptly changes his mind. The dashing rogue lashes out with his rapier, piercing the goblin's heart with a lucky strike.

The immediate area is quiet as the last goblin slowly sinks to the ground, sliding off of Elenion's rapier. Off in the distance you can hear the muted sounds of battle. Goblins singing their horrible song, screams of the unprepared, and battle cries of others fighting the menace.

As everyone takes a deep breath to steady their nerves (or finish cleaning their robes), a high level cleric of Desna waddles out of the cathedral. He hurries down the stairs, stuffing wands into slots on a custom made bandolier. As he reaches the bottom of the stairs he looks up and notices the goblin bodies scattered around you, and the dripping wounds on Lanna and Urko.

With an exclamation of worry, he moves to you in a rolling gate, pulling out, at what appears to be random, a wand. He points it first at Lanna with a big smile, then at Urko, healing their wounds completely.

"Hurry my children! I fear the entire town is being invaded by these creatures!" With that, the cleric heads to the Northwest around the closest building and disappears.


OOCJust a short pause to introduce yourself to those you haven't met, loot, chastise Estella for worrying about her clothes so much, whatever

I will give you clues which way to go shortly.
__________________
5 People working/schooling from home makes for no time for fun. (2020/04/02)
Come play in Tug of War
UncaJJ's baby Sarosian Sig updated 2013-03-20

Last edited by UncaJJ; Apr 15th, 2013 at 05:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB