Game Thread Bk 1, Ch 1: Burnt Offerings, Pt 1: Festival and Fire - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Rise of the Runelords -Aniversary Edition
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old May 6th, 2013, 04:44 PM
iwood2465's Avatar
iwood2465 iwood2465 is offline
Just a person
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 24th, 2017
RPXP: 3502
iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465
Posts: 1,828
Niall Parsons

Having heard the noise of the town and the assault, Niall decided to cut his meal short, in order to locate the source of the disruption. Leaving the money for the meal on the counter, he moves into the town, his hand resting on his bastard sword. He hears fighting and moves in a northerly direction. His thoughts are interrupted by the call of the dwarf. Looking over at a makeshift group, and the corpses of goblins, he understands the commotion, but wonders at what lies behind it. Hearing the words of the half elf, and seeing the wounds, he caresses the holy symbol he wears, letting the feeling of relief, as if a load is being lifted from them, roll over everyone present, "Greetings. I am Niall and I don't worry of my own safety so much. Are you all feeling well?" He doesn't speak much more, for the moment, letting the others become accustomed to him, and hoping these aren't fools that hate cultists for no reason.

 
__________________
"In the land I now know to be mine -
with a heart so dark its near blind..."
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:58 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Taika (Nevin)

"Physically well at least, though I felt a bit useless towards the end there." As Taika walks over to the group she eyes the crossbow at Elenion's belt, "I should probably buy one of those, I'm no crack shot, but it would be better than nothing."


 

Last edited by TheMystic; May 6th, 2013 at 11:58 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old May 7th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
Estella Porazio

The other wizard almost thought that she saw a huge goblin heading their way-- until she took a better look and realized that it's a half-orc instead, a cleric no less! "I feel simply horrible!" But she said. "Look at all this mess, ugh! We need to hurry and drive the goblins out before they make a bigger mess of this town..." Estella was more than eager to leave this carnage behind...

 
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:40 AM
jaredh's Avatar
jaredh jaredh is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 19th, 2019
RPXP: 1524
jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh
Posts: 1,686
Lanna

Lanna divided the gold she had found and gave a share out to everyone. She handed the potion she found to the dwarf. She didn't much care for any of the other goblin gear, and wasn't really certain it had any value at all to anyone who buys such things, but they could determine that later.

"We need to move on and make sure the goblins elsewhere are dying"


 
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old May 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM
OllieNorth's Avatar
OllieNorth OllieNorth is offline
Iran-Contra what?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2018
RPXP: 6474
OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth
Posts: 5,399
Urko

The dwarf bangs the head of his axe against the cobbles to remove some goblin residue, then looks at the others.

"Right! Time to go dig up some more of the dirtgrubbers! I'm just getting started."

He swings the axe wildly overhead in excitement, then suddenly grunts. With a pained look he glances about.

"Alright, so where'd that potion go? I'm feelin' a bit sore."
 
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old May 9th, 2013, 04:22 PM
iwood2465's Avatar
iwood2465 iwood2465 is offline
Just a person
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 24th, 2017
RPXP: 3502
iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465
Posts: 1,828
Niall Parsons

Niall looks over the five others once more, though every seems to be in pretty good shape. He nods, then looks around, cocking his head slightly to one side as he tries to see or hear which direction more fighting would be in. Drawing his bastard sword, he glances to the others, "We should be going on about the business of fighting." Even as he speaks to the quintet, he hasn't had enough time to formulate any opinions. He hasn't even seen them fight, but he assumes their capable, if only because of the bodies on the floor.


 
__________________
"In the land I now know to be mine -
with a heart so dark its near blind..."
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:03 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Taika (Nevin)

"Yes, we should get back to work." Taika casts a quick spell, causing a horse to canter out of the ether. "Anybody who needs a diversion can take the horse, don't try riding it into battle though. They get skittish."


 

Last edited by TheMystic; May 10th, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:57 PM
UncaJJ's Avatar
UncaJJ UncaJJ is offline
god-King of GM brutality
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 18th, 2021
RPXP: 1701
UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ
Posts: 3,496
The Fight Through TownThe heroes organize and take stock of themselves and their new companion with their wounds healed.

Here and there, the sounds of battle, clanging swords , calls of support b y the town guard, and shrieking and singing goblins echo through the streets, but at the festival itself, most of the citizens have fled. One or two goblins remain behind to scavenge food, and many more lie dead (along with a few unfortunate citizens).

As the heroes move towards the remaining goblins to dispatch them, a woman with a baby crawls out from where she was hiding under an overturned cart and make s a run for a nearby alley. A goblin leaps at her from the rooftop and lands on its head crumpling to a heap. A second goblin runs after her, but a torch thrown at the hapless woman by a third goblin hits him square in the back, causing his armor to burst into flames.

The torch throwing goblin chitters in rage, but stops when he sees the party advancing on him. He screeches in terror and quickly clims to the rooftop and disapears.

It is obvious that the fight has moved on, especially when the sound of a scream and a frantic barking come from the north.

OOCSorry about that everyone! Things are calming down greatly here, and hopefully won't happen again. Have at it!
__________________
5 People working/schooling from home makes for no time for fun. (2020/04/02)
Come play in Tug of War
UncaJJ's baby Sarosian Sig updated 2013-03-20
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Elenion Valdemar

Cursing under his breath when he sees the woman being attacked, Elenion almost charges the small band of goblins himself, stopping only once it become obvious that they've all been disabled or dispersed of their own accord. His energy doesn't seem to entirely disperse, however, and even the usually combat-adverse rogue seems to be itching for battle, absentmindedly rubbing the guard of his rapier with his thumb. The screaming and barking, indeed, seem to easily capture his attention, and Elenion tenses up yet again, slipping into a sloppy imitation of a duelist's stance while craning his head and scanning the road ahead of them. "Sounds like the festivities are still going on up there," he dryly remarks.

Slipping into an easy jog, Elenion moves out a bit ahead of the rest of the group, scouting with all of the stealth and cunning he can muster under the circumstances while making a point of not outpacing the slower members of the party.

 
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
Estella Porazio

Estella almost fainted at the sight of the women being attacked by the three goblins, but fortunately they weren't as competent as she thought and their presence have seemed to scare last surviving goblin away. "What a mess, this wasn't the festival I had in mind at all!" The seamstress replied with dismay to Elenion's remark, while the man moved in front of the party.

Turning to the other wizard in her party, Estella asked as they move toward the battle. "Taika dear, you're a mage too, are you not? What spells do you have left for today? I myself only have one single spell (Color Spray) that can be used for combat, I afraid my other two spells won't be much help in this situation (Crafter's Fortune and Identify)."

 

 
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:57 PM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Taika (Nevin)

"My last is of little more use, I prepared it in case I was going to be late for the swallowtail festival (Expedious Retreat)."


 
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:18 PM
OllieNorth's Avatar
OllieNorth OllieNorth is offline
Iran-Contra what?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2018
RPXP: 6474
OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth
Posts: 5,399
Urko

Urko shakes his head at the two mages. "Ye got yer phenomenal cosmic powers and whatnot, and yer memorizin' spells to keep yer bib white! Buncha sun-addled spelldribblers." Clucking his tongue in disapproval, he looks towards the sounds of fighting from the North. "Well, grab yer crossbow's, there's more fun to be had!"


 
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:38 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Taika (Nevin)

Taika gives Urko a dirty look. "I also cast the spell helped her" she points at Lanna "Kill more goblins than you two combined"


 

Last edited by TheMystic; May 26th, 2013 at 05:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old May 26th, 2013, 12:30 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Elenion Valdemar

"Don't bring me into this," Elenion mutters over his shoulder, giving the two an exacerbated look that rather clearly shows his lack of interest in intra-party bickering or talk of kill counts.

 
__________________
Every planet we reach is dead
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old May 28th, 2013, 10:46 AM
jaredh's Avatar
jaredh jaredh is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 19th, 2019
RPXP: 1524
jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh
Posts: 1,686
"There is better fighting to be had with goblins than between us. Let's Go!"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB