Game Thread Bk 1, Ch 1: Burnt Offerings, Pt 1: Festival and Fire - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Rise of the Runelords -Aniversary Edition
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:40 AM
iwood2465's Avatar
iwood2465 iwood2465 is offline
Just a person
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 24th, 2017
RPXP: 3502
iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465
Posts: 1,828
Niall Parsons

Niall watches as the dwarf does his work, nodding very slightly to himself as he reevaluates the field. Making a quick decision, he moves to his left, behind the others before coming up next to the half-elf. Even as he looks down at the goblin, he aims an over hand blow that does little more than kick up a little dust. Even with the setback, he remains confident.

 
__________________
"In the land I now know to be mine -
with a heart so dark its near blind..."

Last edited by iwood2465; Jun 20th, 2013 at 12:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:51 PM
UncaJJ's Avatar
UncaJJ UncaJJ is offline
god-King of GM brutality
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 18th, 2021
RPXP: 1701
UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ
Posts: 3,496
DIE, DOG, DIE! -Round 1 Summary

Lanna - reaches inside the goblin commando's guard and flicks him in the forhead with her mighty finger, he falls over unconscious

Taika - moves into better position and fires at G10, bolt slams into his chest making him scream in pain and waver as he almost falls over, hanging onto consciousness by the tips of his clawlike fingernails.

Estella - move j16, miss goblin with T-slap

Urko - murdelizes M11 goblin

Elenion - becomes more cautious and swings at gob H11, missing


DIE, DOG, DIE! - Round 2 start

Niall - moves H12 - crashes against goblin's shield with the flat of his blade

The goblin to the far left (G10) - wavers and tries to aim again at Lanna, missing widely

The goblin next to Elenion (H11) - successfully distracted by Niall, swings dogslicer at him, but instead splits the difference between him and Elenion and ends up striking the paving stones with his weapon. The shodily made "blade" strikes just right and shatters into a dozen pieces.



OOCEffects:
All: Bless (5 rounds) +1 morale to ATT & DMG
Niall: Divine Favor (8 rounds) +1 luck to ATT and DMG


Initiative order:
Lanna: 12
Taika: 7
Estella: 5
Urko: 3
Elenion: 14 (delayed)
~*next round*~
Niall: 17(+4)
Goblins: 17(+3)

Anyone next to goblin h11 at the end of their turn, roll an AoO unless someone does a fantastic hit like Urko did last round!

To Hades with pollen encrusted power poles that catch on fire!!!!! ARRRGGG!!!
__________________
5 People working/schooling from home makes for no time for fun. (2020/04/02)
Come play in Tug of War
UncaJJ's baby Sarosian Sig updated 2013-03-20

Last edited by UncaJJ; Jun 18th, 2013 at 11:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 09:42 AM
OllieNorth's Avatar
OllieNorth OllieNorth is offline
Iran-Contra what?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2018
RPXP: 6474
OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth
Posts: 5,399
Urko

The burst of gore from the bisected goblin makes Urko grin, but a stray entrail causes him trouble. Moving in to hack down the last nearby goblin, he skids on a bit of liver, sending the axe just above the head of the frantically dodging creaure. "AHH! Gonna take me hours ta get the grubber out of me armor!"

OOCIf the 14 hits, let me know, I will retcon, or you can simply adjust in a summary post, I didn't write out the AOO action either, not sure if it will be needed.




 
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old Jun 19th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
Estella Porazio

Seeing that her party was dealing with goblin quite successfully, Estella really wanted to stop 'helping' already. Letting out a sigh, she took another step forward and just threw a half-hearted telekinetic slap at whichever goblin that was still alive.

 

Last edited by Fon; Jun 19th, 2013 at 11:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 06:48 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Elenion Valdemar

Seeing an opportunity to end the fight himself, Elenion scampers around to the back of one of the goblins, trying to stay out of the vile little creature's reach until he has an opportunity to run his rapier through its chest and end its life. The half-elf's skilled dodging and footwork, however, can't improve his clumsy attack, and the goblin suffers from little more than an additional distraction.

"Lanna! Kill it!"

 
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 10:22 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Taika (Nevin)

Taika takes her shot, not surprisingly, but still disappointingly the bolt sails past the goblin, making a nice solid thunk wherever it hits.


 
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 12:37 PM
UncaJJ's Avatar
UncaJJ UncaJJ is offline
god-King of GM brutality
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 18th, 2021
RPXP: 1701
UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ UncaJJ
Posts: 3,496
DIE, DOG, DIE! -endLanna steps up to the nearest goblin and swings her earthbreaker in a wide arc over her shoulder. Those watching feel a sense of time slowing down as the blade seems to float through the air, with time almost seeming to stop as the blade meets the top of the goblin's head. The blood and brains seem to explode from the goblin at twice normal speed though, splashing Lanna, Elenion, and Niall from head to toe in gore.

Taika levels her crossbow at the last remaining goblin and fires, but her aim is just off as the bolt slices a small cut on the goblins shirt as it sails away to thunk solidly in the door of the house 60 feet away.

Estella has more luck as she reaches out with her mind and slaps the beegeesus out of the last goblin remaining standing. The goblin spins around completely before slumping to the ground unconscious.

The rest of the party halts in mid-action, the sounds of battle quenched like a torch dropped in a puddle. The only sounds being the heavy breathing of the party and the sounds of crying in the distance. No other battle sounds or cries for help can be heard in the city.

It appears that the goblin attack is now over.

Aldern, who was watching the battle over the top of the rain barrel, slowly stands and straightens his clothing. He steps around the barrel and kicks the unconscious goblin commando in the head. "That was my best hunting dog, you slime." He starts and looks around nervously for more goblins before addressing the heroes of the hour.

"My most sincere thanks my friends! To be rescued by such brave warriors and beautiful women!" He smiles charmingly at Estella and Taika before turning to Lanna who is standing next to him. "And you my dear! Such stunning beauty, and such strength of arms! You were magnificent!"

Before Lanna has a chance to react, Aldern reaches out and takes one of her gory hands and bows over it, kissing a safe 4-5 inches away from it. He releases the stunned barbarian's hand and starts moving south. "I'll be in town for several more days before returning home to Magnimar. Please come see me at the Rusty Dragon when you have a chance, and I will happily reward you properly for saving my life!"

With that, he disappears to the south, seeking a safe place to hide.

The heroes look around and see goblins in full retreat out of the nearby gate. A guardsman appears running from the North and stops near the heroes to watch the goblin exodus. He looks around the scene of the fight and the state of the companions. "Oy, you been busy 'ere, aintcha?" He looks more closely at Estella and squints. "Heeeeey… and a local girl in on the action, eh? Aint you a Porazio? Nice to see you sticking up fer yer town!" The guard grins widely before he turns to the goblins. "OY! A leader and still alive!" he rushes to the goblin commando and binds its arms and legs tight before pulling out a potion and putting a drop in the goblins mouth. "Information is key, no? Gots to be interrogating some of these here beasties to find out what it's all about! Heh, been funny just now, some of thems been jumping off the cliffs to get away now that we gots them on the run!"
OOCPoor Lanna, at least he didn't just make crude remarks at her like some of the other men in town have been doing...

200xp
4x Leather Armor
4x light wood shield
3x dogslicer
5x shortbow
98x arrows
Studded Leather Armor
Mwk Horsechopper
potion of Cure moderate wounds
20 GP
__________________
5 People working/schooling from home makes for no time for fun. (2020/04/02)
Come play in Tug of War
UncaJJ's baby Sarosian Sig updated 2013-03-20

Last edited by UncaJJ; Jun 21st, 2013 at 09:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 03:33 PM
iwood2465's Avatar
iwood2465 iwood2465 is offline
Just a person
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 24th, 2017
RPXP: 3502
iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465 iwood2465
Posts: 1,828
Niall Parsons

As the battle dies down, Niall takes a deep breath and offers a silent prayer to Ragathiel, before turning his eyes to his companions. He watches the nobleman silently, wondering who the man is. He notes the charm, but vaguely wonders if the Barbarian, Lanna if he heard the name correctly, is the woman to use it on. Though surely, she is a beauty.

Sheathing his clean Bastard Sword, he looks down at the blood on gore that covers him. He then repeats a quiet litany of prayer as he caresses his holy symbol, Everyone is healed for 5 HP.mending the wounds of the group, as well as filling everyone within thirty feet with a feeling of safety. Looking closer at Elenion, Lanna and Urko, he notices that some small wounds are still present, but deems them negligible. As the others gather, Niall offers a warm smile, "That isn't something you do with new acquaintances every day. I believe I gave you all my name. And I've caught your name, Lanna, and your name, Taika. But what of the rest of you?" He pauses, allowing the others a chance to reply before continuing, "Should we see if we can uncover our own answers, or trust the guard and adjourn to the Rusty Dragon? I abandoned my meal when I heard the sound of fighting, and I wouldn't say no to a bath, either."

 
__________________
"In the land I now know to be mine -
with a heart so dark its near blind..."
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 08:18 PM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
Estella Porazio

"Haha, I'm very happy to... help." Estella gave an awkward grin when the guard mentioned her. She's not happy with the mess the town was in, along with the part of mess she helped to create, but at least it seemed like the goblins have been driven out of town. "I want to hear what the goblin has to say, to make sure that they won't come back again before we fix the town. Besides, I am... not sure if Lanna wants to see Aldern again." The seamstress bit her lip when she glanced at the barbarian, who seemed more interested in fighting than talking to rich men. "I'm Estella Porazio by the way, tailor and wizard. It's not as good as a bath, but shall I clean the muck off your armor?" The dress maker addressed to Niall, and she in fact would very much like to remove all the gore from everyone's clothes and armor right now; it's really bothering her. "What about you, Elenion, Lanna, Urko?" She offered mainly to the first two, who got hit by most of the gore during the combat. Though she was quite certain that Lanna and Urko probably didn't care about the blood.

 

Last edited by Fon; Jun 21st, 2013 at 08:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 10:29 PM
DukeofTuring's Avatar
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring is offline
Back in green
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 11th, 2020
RPXP: 9990
DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring DukeofTuring
Posts: 8,170
Elenion Valdemar

Splashed yet again by a wave of goblin gore, Elenion is too distracted and disgusted to manage a quip about what sort of "reward" Aldern has in mind for Lanna back at the inn. When Estella mentions his name and offers to clean off the mess covering him, however, Elenion's attention returns to the present, however uncomfortable and blood-drenched that present might be. "That would be fantastic, Estella, please. And I'm Elenion Valdemar," he added, turning towards the newcomer to the party. "I don't know what you mean by 'find answers', but whatever it is I suspect you're getting rather ahead of yourself, or us as the case may be. If all of the goblins are slain or fleeing, I think I'll be opting for a bath and a change of clothes as well. And then a moment to collect myself, preferably with a bottle of brandy or something."

 
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 01:23 PM
OllieNorth's Avatar
OllieNorth OllieNorth is offline
Iran-Contra what?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2018
RPXP: 6474
OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth
Posts: 5,399
Urko

Urko, grinning despite (because of?) his head-to-toe splattering in goblin giblets, looks to Elenion. "Indeed, let the guard take care of all of the tedious asking of questions. I'm in the mood for a beer, some terribly greasy food, and a bath to get the grubber bits out of me crevices. Anyone else have other thoughts?"



 
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 10:28 AM
jaredh's Avatar
jaredh jaredh is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 19th, 2019
RPXP: 1524
jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh jaredh
Posts: 1,686
Lanna

Lanna divided the gold again between those who had fought the battle. She sat the potion aside as she noticed the craftsmanship in the Horsechopper the Goblin commander had wielded.

"Urko, lets haul all this gear back to Jas's tavern and we can get a brew and some coin as well. I'm sure he'll know where to sell it. Then we can go talk to this fine man about this reward and check in with the guard on the interrogation."

Lanna picked up all she could and wandered to the tavern to try to sell what she could. She wanted to give the city guard the chance to interrogate the goblin first, knowing she probably could get more out of him as necessary. After all, he probably wouldn't want to see her again, anyway....


 
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Fon's Avatar
Fon Fon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 17th, 2017
RPXP: 3974
Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon Fon
Posts: 7,667
Estella Porazio

As Estella expected Lanna and Urko didn't care about cleaning the blood off, but no matter, the prissy wizard began removing the blood and gore from Elenion's shirt with her Prestidigitation spell. "Hmm... I still think this spell can't compare to actually washing or changing your clothes." She complained, despite the spell working well enough. "On the second thought, I would like to talk to that Aldern Foxglove a bit more; you don't get to talk to a noble everyday, major or minor! Oh, of course, I wouldn't mind continuing our previous conversation too, Elenion." She said with a giggle. "In fact, why don't you join us as well, Taika? I rarely have the opportunity to talk to another wizard, wouldn't it be fun?" The seamstress suddenly turned and asked the other wizard, beginning to forget that the goblin invasion even took place.

 

Last edited by Fon; Jun 25th, 2013 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:22 AM
TheMystic's Avatar
TheMystic TheMystic is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 3rd, 2022
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
Posts: 5,252
Taika (Nevin)


"I have, to my shame, expended most of my usefulness today. I doubt I could do much for the interrogation, but I would love the chance to speak with a fellow wizard... a new contact among the nobility never hurts either. I'm in."

 
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:15 AM
OllieNorth's Avatar
OllieNorth OllieNorth is offline
Iran-Contra what?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2018
RPXP: 6474
OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth OllieNorth
Posts: 5,399
Urko

Urko turns to follow Lanna, then grimaces as his boots stick to the ground. "Ye know, girlie, I think I'll take ya up on tha cleanin'. Goblin bits start to smell right quick."



 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:26 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB