Game Thread Alost - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Feb 19th, 2020, 01:02 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15917
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,810
Alost

They cross several miles of rolling hills and small orchards, enjoying the brightness of the winter sun, if not it's warmth, before coming to any trees, then forest, where Lylanna has a chance to shift. She immediately smells worg and orc. Not close, but they were here this morning, standing on the edge of the tree line, gazing at the road to the east. That is the main road between Alost and Blosque. The road is well kept and well traveled and the brush and trees on either side of the road is cut down to a foot for a hundred yards on both sides. The cut remains for several miles until they reach the borders of the Countess' land. Once there, the forest and heavy brush and untended orchards crowd the road and in some places roots and deep ruts full of water mar the smoothness of the road.
Just before the forest starts, two wagons stand idle. One is full of large casks of Blosque Brown ale and Red Monger Pale. The other looks to be full of winter wheat and cages of geese. There are five men for each wagon, all of them wearing leather armor and carrying spears and hand axes. The men are going about the wagons, making sure the cargo is secure, covering the geese cages and making ready to enter the forest and possibility of bandits or worse.
Friel walks up to Ivyian, Lylanna has gone scouting. She has smelled worgs and orcs from this morning. Nothing fresh yet. Those men, do you wish to hear what they are saying? I can give you a "Long Ear," to hear them if you think it is important. Ivyian and a few of the others have seen orc tracks too, all from this morning or yesterday. Ivyian would guess there are close to thirty orcs in the band. All the tracks indicate they have gone north, following the road, until the forest. At the forest, the orcs started moving west. The forests are thicker there. There is also another road, a main road running between Alost and the city of Grammont farther south. A busier road for certain.
Lylanna follows the scent of the orcs and worgs. They were moving at at an easy lope for the worgs, a stiff run for the orcs. She follows the trail for three miles when the worgs continue north, four of them by their tracks and the orcs turned back east, heading almost straight for the road. Lylanna would guess about fifteen to twenty orcs went east, but four orcs broke off and went west.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Feb 19th, 2020, 05:02 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,075
When Friel comes, and says Lylanna , also , found the Orcs trail, he frowns.. Then whist;e s his 'recall ' whistle

.if we can catch some words, that would be of great Help... Tell The Elf Maid , if things go badly , to either Run away, or come back to us, so she does not
fall prey..


..The wagons and those with them are from the church of those who harm themselves and others.... I wish to take those wagons and have them sent
back to the town, with the food stuffs.. we kill those who serve the darker masters... there are two men..Father Ainen and Sir Huenes.. we need to lay low...so they can no longer serve the evil that infests these lands..


He motions to Friel.... But the Orcs and worgs have spotted the wagons as well.....If we use care, we can come from one side.. while the orcs
come from the other...The orcs should whittle some of the troopers away...The troops should inflict losses on the orcs..., we will try to finish them both off...


..our friend told me there are two horsemen.. they are sell swords...
Bring down thier horses, so they can not ride for aid...there is a Nun with them as well.... if she fights.. she falls... if nay? we will allow her to make her way back to the
town..


.[COLOR="darkred"][....There is one darker side to this.... That would be, the Orcs
are allied with them, and perhaps they will glean a share of the food in the wagons... if this would be the CAse?.. we could not take on both groups... we
fight silent....if possible... use our Bows, until we must close...It would be good to have a spell flinger, But i have found, they do not travel well.... if you see a mageling
in the group, and the battle starts..drop him first..../COLOR]

Turning back to Friel,..let us hear what you might catch..aye?
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"

Last edited by donsr; Feb 19th, 2020 at 05:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Feb 19th, 2020, 06:23 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is online now
Purrs & Roars
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 8548
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Posts: 2,434
Lylanna moved about one with the land as she takes in the various scents following the trail. She stops when she sees that the group split off.

~ Friel the group has split, ~ she says to Friel. ~ The four worgs continued north. Some of the orcs went east heading towards the road. Fifteen to 20 orcs went east and four went west. ~

She continued to follow the trail of those heading back towards the road, but also kept alert of those that went in different directions.


 
__________________
Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 03:57 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15917
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,810
While Ivyian recalled his band and spoke to them about possible plans, Friel was playing in the dirt, making mud figures and drawing arrows with what looked like fangs and tongues on them. She looked up from where she was kneeling and started sprinkling salt over the small figures she had made. Ivyian, you will need to bend down to hear them, the small figures will have small voices. Friel then moves her hand over the figures and they start moving! Several band members step back, making signs to ward off evil others against witchcraft. Ivyian watches the small figures move clumsily about, mimicking the men at the wagons they are watching.
Ragusso and Eisen and Ogmund have stepped, all clearly fascinated at this artful craft. Ogmund looks on with a sense of wonder, while Eisen nods his head and lays down next to the mud men,I can hear them talking,he says. Ragusso lays down next to Eisen and nods in agreement. Sir Huenes said to wait here. He would come lead us through this part of the forest and help us meet up with the wagons in Father Ainen's group. then another voice,This isn't good, no good at all. We should have listen to Cpl Stroud and asked the Night Blades for an escort or the Sea Griffons. Stay ready, if worst comes calling, leave the wagons and the goods. Beer is not worth your life and neither are the Countess' geese. I don't care how many fair prizes they have won.

Lylanna follows the orcs scent, heading back east. They start slowly bending north, going more north east than east. Lylanna would guess she is now about a two miles from the others, as the wolf runs that is. If she followed the trails, it would be about double. Lylanna judges she is close to the road when she smells frying bacon and burnt spinach. Through the brush and tall trees she can see the orcs have stopped at a clearing where four bugbears have a small camp. The orcs and bugbears aren't talking so much as jeering at one another. Lylanna counts four bugbears in heavy leather ringmail with broadswords and heavy axes. The orcs are mix of armor and weapons. There are thirty one of them. They all seem to be waiting while they mock each other. Lylanna hears the heavy trod of an armored horse before she sees the men. Two of them riding large, angry looking war horses dressed in barding. One of the men has a rampant red lion blazed in gold across his red surcoat. The other wears dull gray armor that has signs of rust and a few dents. The men slow down, letting the orcs and bugbears gather close. One of the warhorses bites a hunk out of an orc's shoulder when it got to close. The other orcs and bugbears just laugh and push that orc back. The man in the Lion surcoat folds his hands over his pommel, There are two wagons loaded with beer and geese coming up the road. I will lead them to the Briar Creek bridge. That is where you ambush them. You can have the beer, the geese, and the men. Let none of them escape. I want the wagons and the two wooden chests on the first wagon. Any other coin or jewels or gear, is yours. Half now, half when we finish. He throws down a sack of coins to the orcs and then another to the bugbears and rides off.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Feb 21st, 2020, 04:30 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,075
Ivy listens from his place on the ground. His eyes grow Narrow.The Knight is elavign them?..or perhaps there is an Ambush?..maybe he wishes the supplies for the enemies of the town?

This changes things... If we can reach the wagons, we try and Cut down the Knight..if he even bothers to Come back.... Kill his horse, he will not be running away from us in his armor.....

If the Orcs do come?.. we will appear to come to the aid of the
wagons, the Knight and the Father die...The troops will them be sent back
with the wagons to the town...


He Looks up as he kneels,..This is ugly business even for me...Those people with the wagons wanted to ask for our Help, or the Sell sword's help.., but in the end.. we fight along side of them.. until we can bright down the knight and that Father...I cannot say this enough...Kill the knight's horse...and
bring him down any way possible ..he is owed nothing by us? none of us are knights or Lords...and if he is elaving the wagons to be over run, so he might claim , that's how they died..then he is worse then any foul creature we have put in the ground...


Looking over at those who serve some sort of god, If the Orcs
attack.. and we join the battle.. we try to aid the Common folk, until we take action against the Knight and the Father... then, it willbe up to you, to see if the people
will side with us against the knight


Standing, he says,we know the Orcs have numbers... and now we know the why there are no footman or knights with these wagons.... neither
Gropup, knows we are here.. the Orcs might be surprised enough to retreat when they see us come from the trees/.... and the Knight will be surprised when his
horse falls, and we stake him to a tree....make yourselves silent... muffle yourselfs...Its about time, we got to use surprise for a change!
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Feb 25th, 2020, 09:43 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is online now
Purrs & Roars
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 8548
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Posts: 2,434
Lylanna takes everything in and quickly relays to Friel what is happening.

~ A wagon is to be ambushed by thirty-one orcs and four bugbears, ~ she says. ~ The man on the horse with the lion on his clothing is the one leading the wagon into this ambush. He wants the two wooden chests on the first wagon. He is paying the ocrs to do this.~
__________________
Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Feb 27th, 2020, 02:57 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15917
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,810
Ivyian! Friel's voice is a harsh whisper as she calls to Ivyian. Ivyian watches Friel's eyes narrow, Lylanna heard the knight talking to a group of orcs and bugbears. The Knight paid them gold to ambush this wagon at Briar Creek Bridge. The Knight has a lion on his clothing. Lylanna said the Knight wants two wooden chests that are on the first wagon. He is giving everything else to the orcs. Ogmund steps to Ivyian's side, We an work this to our advantage. I can hide some of us. As long as they stay still and don't smell too strong, the orcs shouldn't find them. I am betting the bugbears will hold the far side of the bridge while letting the orcs attack first. If we get to the bridge first, I can cast a glamour that would make our men look like posts until they are ready to attack. Does that sound plausible to you?

Lylanna watches the orcs struggle with the sack of coins until they rip it apart, scattering coins across the ground, where all the orcs starts scavenging for a share. The bugbears stand silently watching the orcs. Not a single one of them has even shown any interest in opening their sack. The bugbears watch the orcs fight an scrabble over the small number of coins until one orc stabs another in the leg. The bugbears then step in, shouting and cuffing some of the less disciplined orcs into a semblance of order.
While that was happening, the two Knights rode north, riding along a game trail. They moved at a fast cantor and didn't once look back.

OOC-roll for spot and listen and hide for setting up the ambush or tailing the knights or orcs.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Feb 27th, 2020, 05:39 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,075
Dice Roll:
1d20+13 (15)+13 Total = 28
spot

Dice Roll:
1d20+12 (1)+12 Total = 13
listen

Dice Roll:
1d20+14 (16)+14 Total = 30
hide

..Well, that changes everything. We move to help those with the wagons.... Top priority is to Kills the Knight's horse, and the other rider's Horse.. then Kill the Knight.. those chests.. either go with us, we or we send them back to
town with whomever survives... This is not a battle for Honor, this is a battle for survival ..if we must, Kill the horses of the wagon to block the road....Leave no live enemies behind us...Now..let us move...
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 10:13 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is online now
Purrs & Roars
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 8548
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Posts: 2,434
Lylanna stayed hidden as she watched the orcs and bugbears to see what they planned on doing. When they began to move, she followed but kept alert not wanting to be ambushed herself.

 
__________________
Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 03:12 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15917
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,810
Lylanna moves through the wood, slinking through brambles and bracken as she silently follows the orcs and bugbears. Two bugbears take the lead, the other two take up the rear, constantly sniffing and looking about as they keep the orcs in line. The whole troop starts moving as quietly as they can. They slow down when they meet up another group of larger orcs, uroks by the looks of them. Lylanna counts fifteen of them. The other orcs, instantly grow quiet and fearful around the larger uroks. Even the bugbears give them respect. They stop and grunt and discuss the ambush, then move towards the bridge. Lylanna heard them planning on having the bugbears and uroks hide while the other orcs make the initial attack. It is a covered bridge she hears and a few of the orcs are to hide in the rafters and drop down on the wagons once the wagons cross under them. The rest will then charge in from both sides.

Mistress Friel relates Lylanna's findings to Ivyian. Ivyian,Friel says,Lylanna heard no mention of the Knight's joining the attack. They may wait until it is over to show themselves, or they may meet with the orcs at a rendezvous later, counting on the orcs to do as they are told. I am betting the uroks are the ones to meet later with the knights.

Ivyian and his band sets themselves in preparation to ambush the ambushers. Ogmund uses his glamour spell to hide some in the rafters and others on the underside of the bridge. Jurdikai asks to be in the rafters. He is better fighting hand to hand than he is with javelin or spear. He sheepishly admits, he has never used a bow, few of his people have.
Once they are set, they wait, and wait, listening for sounds of the approaching foe. Ivyian sees nothing. It is not until they had been waiting for an hour that he hears the steady clopping of horses pulling wagons, the jingle of harness sounding loud in the air. That is when he sees his first bugbear, just an ear of it is all he sees. Behind it he sees two orcs, licking their lips and then their swords as they start to move forward. Fourteen orcs run across the road and onto the bridge, then quickly climb into the rafters. Some of them sitting right next to Ivyian's men. The orcs are completely unaware. Ivyian then sees another bugbear. He is on the other side of the bridge, sitting high in a tree, probably forty feet up. The bugbear is kneeling and sniffing. In one hand he holds a hand axe. He is making signals with his other hand to someone on the ground. Ivyian follows the hand movements to see two uroks with short bows and three more smaller orcs with crude spears, waiting in a black berry bramble fifteen yards from the bridge. Just behind them is a urok shaman or mage. Ivyian is not sure which, but the shaman and the bugbear are communicating through hand signals. Ivyian can tell the bugbear is uncertain, the shaman impatient.

OOC-Ivyian and Lylanna, let me know where you want to be and what you are doing, then roll for combat if you are attacking. Uroks and orcs are similar. Orcs are more like the orcs from Tolkien, they are shorter and slimmer than men, where uroks are as tall as men and often stronger than the average man. Most half-orcs are from uroks.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Mar 1st, 2020, 04:24 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,075
(( if possible, Ivy is on the top of the cover...as he looks at the enemies... this would give him the advantage to see all this...? also will not count 'sneak attacks"..if you think it applies, please add it on))

Before they set up, Ivy nods,..it is a small matter.. if the knights
do not show, we cannot kill them... but.. we must make all the orcs and such
die as we are able.....those chests do not reach the the knights, even if we have to burn the bridge.


Looking at the Shaman, Ivy slowly draws his bow back.. The Shaman is the key....

..he will fire at the shaman, fast as he is able... then shout the alarm for the wagon tain

((Far shot)) (( elven boots of silence))

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (3)+9 Total = 12
+2 Bow (1) +3 arrow hit

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (11)+9 Total = 20
(1) +3 arow hit

Dice Roll:
1d8+3 (5)+3 Total = 8
dam

Dice Roll:
1d8+3 (2)+3 Total = 5
dam
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Mar 3rd, 2020, 04:26 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is online now
Purrs & Roars
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 8548
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Posts: 2,434
Lylanna stays hidden as she waits to see what the other's plan on doing as she watches the bugbears and orcs. She keeps watching for a straggler since she was alone at the moment.

 
__________________
Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Mar 4th, 2020, 09:58 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 15917
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,810
Lylanna follows the orcs. The smell of the river alerts her she was getting close. Then she could hear the water gurgling across stones and heard the orcs laughing and climbing. Lylanna hasn't yet seen the river or the bridge, but she knows she is close. The dense foliage prevents her from seeing more than eight feet in any one direction. Her patience does pay off though. One of the smaller orcs lags behind, stopping to drink from a wineskin. Lylanna can smell the vodka the orc drinks. The orc's head is back as he tries to pour the last of the vodka down his throat. That is the moment Lylanna attacks. Lylanna hits the orc hard, snapping his spine and burying her teeth into the back of his neck, just below the skull. The orc is killed in an instant. She shakes him once for certainty then pulls him into the brush. Sniffing and listening, Lylann waits to see if the others noticed her attack.

Ivyian sights down his shaft, focusing on the shaman as an orc climbs into the rafters not four feet from him. The orc smells of urine and old blood and moldy leather. Ivyian hears the wagon and out of the corner of his eye, sees the wagon come onto the bridge and under the eaves. The shaman stands up, holding his staff at angle pointing towards the bridge. Ivyian looses his first arrow, watches it turn silver and burn into the shaman's chest. The orc shaman tries to breath, is trying to pull the arrow out when Ivyian's second arrow, also turning silver in flight, ploughs through his skull, killing him. Ivyian doesn't remember Friel touching him or enchanting his arrows, but he can feel her work, knows the silver burning was her enchantment. The orc next to him doesn't even cry out as Giardi slit his throat and lets his body drop onto the bridge, stopping the wagon. The sounds of battle erupt around Ivyian as his band attacks. All fourteen orcs on the bridge are killed and the uroks charging from both sides, are slowed as they see the bodies falling from the rafters. Jurdikai drops onto the bridge, charging the uroks and preventing them from attacking the wagon, which is now in the middle of the bridge and protected from arrows and spears by the roof and sides. Jurdikai engages two of the uroks, killing one with a precise and powerful thrust through the lung and then bashing the other to the ground with his shield. Ivyian can hear crying and shouting and the sound of arrows flying and driving through armor, slicing through flesh and hitting bone.

OOC-Lylann roll for spot and combat, Ivyian roll for spot and combat, neither of you took any damage this round
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 12:21 AM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,075
Dice Roll:
1d20+13 (6)+13 Total = 19
spot

Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (16)+8 Total = 24
(+2 Arrows) 1st att

Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (13)+8 Total = 21
2nd att

Dice Roll:
1d6+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
1 dam

Dice Roll:
1d6+2 (1)+2 Total = 3
2 dam

He turns his arrows on the Bugbear in trhe tree, hoping to kill it, or have the fall kill it.

He shouts..Wagoneers!..you have been betrayed...The Knight works with the Orcs.. do not let them take the wagons..

Once more he asks for the sisters to give good fortune to his folk, and Ill luck to his foes...
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Mar 5th, 2020, 09:00 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is online now
Purrs & Roars
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 4th, 2023
RPXP: 8548
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Posts: 2,434
Lylanna keeps alert as she continues to attack any stragglers while making her way closer to the group.

 
__________________
Tyger Tyger, burning bright,
In the forests of the night

Last edited by Tigra; Mar 5th, 2020 at 09:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:52 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB