Game Thread Alost - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Apr 1st, 2020, 03:38 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 15717
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,748
Lylanna scents something unfamiliar. Definitely an animal of some kind, wet fur mixed with human sweat, not something she has smelled before. She senses the thing is moving with her, paralleling her, stalking her from a distance. She would estimate the thing is no more closer than twenty feet and no farther than sixty. She can't hear or see it though she feels she should be able to at this distance. Some of the band, Devan among them, has stopped to build a fire and burn a number of things from the wagon. Lylanna can smell magic in the burning.

The wagon is moving towards Blosque and they search the kegs and find many of them had false bottoms full of silver coins. Counting them all up, they now have 302 silver pieces and five salt discs the span of Iyvian's hand. Ivyian knows mercenaries are often paid in salt discs and salt is hard to come by even in the best of times, for those not nobly born.
Devan and several others stay behind to burn the clothes and other unwanted gear.

OOC-Is Ivyian staying with the wagon or the burning group? If he stays make spot and listen rolls, Lylanna make spot and listen rolls.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Apr 1st, 2020, 04:41 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,073
Ivy Says to Brinna,..check the chest the Lock them, leave
a signature in each... Take one salt Disc for out group and 200 silvers.. spread the other 100 among those who were to be bugbear food..


He stand By as the plates are chatters and Bits and Pieces tossed as far in many directions as possible..

his bow ready as he stand watch, he hands a flask of oil to help the burn faster...

Dice Roll:
1d20+13 (12)+13 Total = 25
spot

Dice Roll:
1d20+12 (9)+12 Total = 21
listen

Use a stick, hold the shreds high som the flames lick they way up...
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Apr 1st, 2020, 08:57 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Purrs & Roars
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 8348
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Posts: 2,411
Lylanna looks about as she scented something unfamiliar to her and could feel the creature shadowing her. She paused a moment as she looked about.

 
__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Apr 2nd, 2020, 04:31 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 15717
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,748
OOC-I have Ivyian staying behind with Devan, Ewan, Davyth, Voraiya, Bellam, Friel,Giardi and Ragusso. Lylanna is in the woods nearby while Ogmund, Eisen, Brinna, Jurdikai, Hew, Hueble, and Donwy all stay with the wagon.

IC-Lylanna doesn't hear anything near her, not even the wind in the trees, which she can clearly see bending the branches. She also looks around and sees nothing, yet she smells. Focusing, she continues to look around and then sees not a creature, but a shadow of the creature. The thing itself is invisible and is now roughly twelve feet from her. It is hard to tell it's size by the shadow, but she would guess it is at least seven feet tall and over 600 lbs. The thing is definitely stalking her, it's odd smell growing more pungent the closer it gets.

Ivyian and the others are burning all the goods, watching them pop and crackle abnormally in the fire as the enchantments are broken as the dress and the beads heat up and burn or crack in glittering blue and white and green flame. Ragusso is blessing the whole process, focusing on destroying the beads and dress in particular. All the others are watching the far trees down by the river, except Ewan and Friel. They are both watching to the north. Friel whispers to Ivyian and points,I see Lylanna. She is being stalked, see how she crouches. I don't see anything, can you Ivyian? Ivyian looks, sees Lylannna in wolf form, moving in a half crouch, ears back and baring her teeth. He doesn't see what Lylanna is looking at, but he can tell it is close to her by Lylanna's reaction. He peers through the trees and brush and stops when he sees a humanoid figure standing behind a tree thirty feet from Lylanna. The creature is wearing a green cloak of elven design and looking away from Ivyian and at Lylanna. Ivyian can just see the curve of a tiny horn curling around the creatures head, reminding Ivyian of the horns of mountain sheep(Bighorn Sheep). The creature is definitely casting magic.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Apr 2nd, 2020, 05:49 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Purrs & Roars
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 8348
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Posts: 2,411
Lylanna was on guard as she took in her surroundings. She did not know what this was, nor did she like it following her.

~ Friel I am surrounded by silence, ~ she relays. ~ There is something following me. It smells odd. Whatever it is, it is invisible, close and large. ~

She was ready to defend herself if whatever was following her decides to attack. She made no move to turn her back on it as she faced it down, waiting to see what it planned on doing.
__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Apr 2nd, 2020, 07:19 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,073
Ivy reaches back with a frown ,pulling out 2 of his precious arrows. Refusing to take his eyes from the target and Draws back..loosing one shaft, then another.

he makes no sound, as he watched the shafts on thier way...


Far shot increases Bow distance by X 1.5

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (19)+9 Total = 28
+2bow +2 enchanted silver arrows (1d8+2 Dm)

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (14)+9 Total = 23
2nd shot

Dice Roll:
1d8+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
1st dam

Dice Roll:
1d8+2 (1)+2 Total = 3
2nd dam

quickly.. there is a magical beast out there..
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"

Last edited by donsr; Apr 2nd, 2020 at 07:26 PM. Reason: tried to fix dix e string for 2nd shot
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Apr 2nd, 2020, 07:22 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,073
messed things up

need to fix a dice string

changed second shot, from 1s20.... to 1d20....
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"

Last edited by donsr; Apr 2nd, 2020 at 07:25 PM. Reason: expliain edit
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Apr 4th, 2020, 02:24 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 15717
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,748
Ivyian draws back his bow, holds it but for a moment, letting the string stretch for distance and power, then looses the arrow. Ivyian watches the arrow flow across the sky, arcing high and then dropping with speed and the force of gravity upon his foe. The first arrow glances off the horn and buries itself in the creature's shoulder. Before the creature can even react, Ivyian's second arrow slashes hits the cheek bone, ans slashes down, ripping across the thing's face and down to the chin. The cambion lets out a howl of pain and rage and turns to look.
Devan watched Ivyian's draw, matched it, then watched Ivyian's shaft and loosed his own to follow it. As the howling creature turns, Devan's first arrow strikes it in the eye. Devan's second arrow hits a horn and glances off. Ivyian's first two arrow have now started to burn, a gold and blue fire cascading down the cambion's body and turning his cloak to ash.

Lylanna waited, ready to leap to attack or to avoid an attack. She heard the thunk of arrows behind her, followed quickly by an angry, pain filled howling. Suddenly the wereboar stalking her became visible. Lylanna saw the beast thing standing there, it's heavily muscled body hunched over with an double bladed axe in one hand. She saw the beast man bare his tusks, then leap at her....

OOC-Lylanna roll for initiative and any other rolls you want. Ivyian you can charge to get closer or keep shooting from a distance. The cambion is seriously wounded and on fire, the wereboar is not, but he is close to Lylanna, a bad shot could hit her.

Last edited by Rasgorn; Apr 4th, 2020 at 02:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Apr 4th, 2020, 03:28 AM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,073
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (14)+10 Total = 24
+3 arrows not enchanted 1st shot

Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (5)+10 Total = 15
2nd shot

Dice Roll:
1d6+3 (5)+3 Total = 8
1st dam

Dice Roll:
1d6+3 (2)+3 Total = 5
2nd dam

Running a few yards forward, Ivy feels in his quiver pulling out a different arrow, useing his same Skills as the wounded creature..he yells to Lylana....RUN!!!

as he looses the first, he nocks and fires the second... adding to his comrades..try to finish off that odd looking beast!
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Apr 5th, 2020, 12:10 AM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Purrs & Roars
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 8348
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Posts: 2,411
Lylanna saw the creature and attempted to dodge it as it lept at her, as she heard Ivy yell for her to run. She knew that arrows would be coming her way at the creature and did not want to get caught in the line of fire.

 
__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~

Last edited by Tigra; Apr 5th, 2020 at 12:11 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Apr 7th, 2020, 02:24 PM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 15717
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,748
Lylanna watched the wereboar beast appear and charge her. She easily leapt out of the way of the clumsily swung axe. Before she landed, she sees another figure, a horned headed figure burst into blue and gold flame. Just behind it, appeared another creature, smaller, but looking much like the burning one. That creature points a wand at Ivyian and the archers, then ducks out of sight. Lylanna got it's scent. It is part human, part something else. It was not changed naturally. She turns back to the werething, now realizing that although it looks like a wereboar, it is some other kind of beast. It lumbers after her, swinging the axe in wide arcs.

Ivyian's first shot at the werebeast tears into it's chest, spilling black ichor like blood. His second shot hit the collarbone and glanced off. Devan hit with his first arrow, catching the creature in the bicep. Devan's second shot bounced off it's skull. Two more arrows land near it. Ivyian is drawing back for another shot when he feels the air heat up around him, the hair on his arms starts curling and a bursting ball of flame suddenly appears but ten feet from him!

OOC-Werebeast still attacking Lylanna, Ivyian SA Reflex, no damage for either player this round.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Apr 7th, 2020, 03:42 PM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,073
Dice Roll:
1d20+10 (5)+10 Total = 15
ref

Ivy turns and runs as fast as he can from the Fireball as it appears, shouting for the others to move..

everyone run for for the town..our Task here is done, for the time....

depending on the results of the spell he thinks he sees.. he will account for his People before moving on, with an arrow nocked and ready.
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"

Last edited by donsr; Apr 7th, 2020 at 03:43 PM. Reason: did it again!..had 1s20 instead of 1d20
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Apr 8th, 2020, 09:30 PM
Tigra's Avatar
Tigra Tigra is offline
Purrs & Roars
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 8348
Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra Tigra
Posts: 2,411
Lylanna relays to Friel that there is another smaller horned figure by the burning one. She also tells her that the bore creature is not a were-creature, but some sort of tainted human. She continues to avoid the creatures as she runs back towards the others. She did not have time to worry about the other's reactions to her at that moment.
__________________
~ Purrs & Roars ~
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Apr 9th, 2020, 01:52 AM
Rasgorn's Avatar
Rasgorn Rasgorn is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 15717
Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn Rasgorn
Posts: 4,748
Ivyian dives and rolls as soon as he hits the ground. He is on fire, can smell it burning his leathers. Bellam and Davyth were closest to him when it hit. He doesn't see either of them, nor does he hear any screaming. At least not at first, then his ears start ringing and he can hear cursing and crying and the bellowing roar of some huge beast.
He feels someone jump on his back, smothering him with a cloak, patting out the fires on his armor. He can feel slight burns and blister growing around his left shoulder and up and down his left arm. He feels cool water pouring over his neck and his face and he sees Devan pull the burned cloak off him. As soon as Ivyian looks up at him, Devan hands Ivyian his bow, which Ivyian doesn't remember dropping. Devan is now on one knee, aiming his bow and loosing arrows at the foe.

Lylanna starts running, dodging as the were creature gives pursuit. Lylanna hears two more arrows thunk into the beast' meaty chest, slowing it down. She can hear it stop and bellow at her in a rage. She dodges, leaping to the left just as an rips into her, slicing along her hip up to her shoulder, leaving a bleeding cut. If she hadn't lept at the last moment, it would have cut her in half. Looking back, she can see the werebeast down on both knees, coughing and bleeding from at least seven arrows. The burning figure is now on the ground, still burning, but not moving. She doesn't see the other figure at all. She can't scent either through all the smoke and burning flesh and grass.

OOC-Ivyian took ten points of fire damage that round and Lylanna took eleven points of damage from the axe.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Apr 9th, 2020, 11:18 AM
donsr's Avatar
donsr donsr is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 1977
donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr donsr
Posts: 1,073
.. Go..keep moving..Some one aid the wold-maid-elf thing!

Shaking his head at the pain, he fingers the quiver to draw out two more shafts from a different section of the quiver, Firing 2 More shafts at the Boar.

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (7)+9 Total = 16
+2 arrows 1st shot

Dice Roll:
1d20+9 (14)+9 Total = 23
2nd shot

Dice Roll:
1d6+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
dam

Dice Roll:
1d6+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
dam

FIRE..and Move... keep moving...
__________________
" be the fire, that fights the fire"
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB